Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
which sister is best
This poll is closed.
sakura 11 6.96%
hinoka 21 13.29%
camilla 42 26.58%
elise 15 9.49%
im gay (in a nonironic sense) 69 43.67%
Total: 158 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
NotALizardman
Jun 5, 2011

Sylphid posted:

Also, I really like this, too.

Yahagi, always loyal to Yamato, no matter what.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Blhue posted:

joshikausei, its on crunchy. monthly updates i think?

that must be whys it didnt update

Gyra_Solune
Apr 24, 2014

Kyun kyun
Kyun kyun
Watashi no kare wa louse

Bad Seafood posted:

That said, I'll admit Giovanni's menace in the games was somewhat downplayed by the fact that he used almost exclusively normal and ground type Pokemon which go down like chumps in the late game.

behold my ULTIMATE POKEMON...rhydon!!!!!

oh no whatever will i- *OHKO by bubblebeam*

yeah team rocket was decent. they were the pokemon yakuza and they spent the game doing crime because that is their goal. but the gba games came out in the early 2000s and that was a year where your product would be torched if you didn't have a primary conflict about the environment

i love how in those games the nutjobs from the opposite version show up at the end and sound like the sane and reasonable heroic counterpart, spoken like a true senator right there

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

littleorv posted:

Man. I dunno if I can handle Chris Patton butchering Gintoki

Coward!!

Sylphid
Aug 3, 2012

Yahagi or Yamato?

NotALizardman
Jun 5, 2011

Sylphid posted:

Yahagi or Yamato?

Yamato

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

Gyra_Solune posted:

yeah team rocket was decent. they were the pokemon yakuza and they spent the game doing crime because that is their goal. but the gba games came out in the early 2000s and that was a year where your product would be torched if you didn't have a primary conflict about the environment

i love how in those games the nutjobs from the opposite version show up at the end and sound like the sane and reasonable heroic counterpart, spoken like a true senator right there

Like how the guy from Magma tried to still rocket fuel and failed but the guy from Aqua stole a whole sub marine just fine.

Sylphid
Aug 3, 2012

:(

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Gyra_Solune posted:

Fissure had a high hit rate at the hands of Giovanni.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I think later versions gave him a Nidoking or Nidoqueen with Thunder Bolt to deal with Water types.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
"You little brat. You think you can stop Team Rocket? We've got Pokemon from all over the world!"

"Go, Zubat!"

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
That one dude in Mount Moon with the Raticate doesn't mess around though.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Fuckin' hate the bats.

Weakass shits, but if they get a Supersonic on you...

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

I think later versions gave him a Nidoking or Nidoqueen with Thunder Bolt to deal with Water types.

Yea

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
Quite late, but

I guess I had no ties on? Elena and Umi would have been tied, otherwise. Likely Tsubasa and Rin, too.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Each version makes the villains more grandiose in their schemes, which make them all the more pathetic when they fail.

"I HAVE HARNESSED THE POWER OF THE POKEMON THAT RULES TIME ITSELF. I WILL NOW LOSE IN A BATTLE TO YOU."

Meanwhile Giovanni, the OG, just uses his own Pokemon, and keeps things simple.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

Quite late, but

I guess I had no ties on? Elena and Umi would have been tied, otherwise. Likely Tsubasa and Rin, too.

Wow, an A-RISE member ranked pretty high.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
She had a sorta weird way of talking.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I want her to say my name.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

Each version makes the villains more grandiose in their schemes, which make them all the more pathetic when they fail.

"I HAVE HARNESSED THE POWER OF THE POKEMON THAT RULES TIME ITSELF. I WILL NOW LOSE IN A BATTLE TO YOU."

None of them actually use the legendary mons tho.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Strange Quark posted:

Doesn't the guy in B&W2 summon the super form of the poo poo-tier legendary Ice Dragon to fight against N's Dragon or whatever.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
wasn't there one movie where ash fought a ghost pirate, and he was in a flooding temple so in order to protect his pokemon trainer girlfriend he sealed her in an airtight capsule so she wouldn't drown even though she was perfectly capable of moving around and following behind him

Sylphid
Aug 3, 2012
Was it possible to catch Mewtwo without the Master Ball? Maybe an Ultra Ball could do it, but he would have to be really low on health.

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!

Wow, an A-RISE member ranked pretty high.

Still wish there were A-RISE cards in SIF. If they're gonna add Aquors, they should add A-RISE too!

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Strange Quark posted:

ghetsis

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
N also had a dragon.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Allarion posted:

Still wish there were A-RISE cards in SIF. If they're gonna add Aquors, they should add A-RISE too!

Same OP.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

Doesn't the guy in B&W2 summon the super form of the poo poo-tier legendary Ice Dragon to fight against N's Dragon or whatever.

I forgot about that, but that game's plot is very forgettable.

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

The guy in x and y got a world ending death flower cannon. Also Giovanni is still weak for being able to make Mewtwo but unable to control it. But 10 year old kid with a utraball, new master of Mewtwo.

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!

Sylphid posted:

Was it possible to catch Mewtwo without the Master Ball? Maybe an Ultra Ball could do it, but he would have to be really low on health.

Yeah, it's possible. Just low probability due to being a legendary and all that. Put him to sleep for the best chances!

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Sylphid posted:

yeah it had a regular 3/255 catch rate

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Strange Quark posted:

I forgot about that, but that game's plot is very forgettable.

I still haven't finished Omega Ruby.

I never played RSE either because I didn't have a GBA till later on.

It's the only series I haven't even completed once.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

the new neesan is very crazy

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

I still haven't finished Omega Ruby.

I never played RSE either because I didn't have a GBA till later on.

It's the only series I haven't even completed once.

Do you mean series as in the whole mainline Pokemon games or series as in Gen 3?

Dilbert As FUCK
Sep 8, 2007

by Cowcaster
Pillbug
After ALA and the poo poo I went through with another dude; I respect Kanji a lot more now.

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

Strange Quark posted:

The main villain in XD had four and the 3 of 4 commanders in collouems had 1 each colosseum

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
oh my god, there really is, there's a movie about ash fighting a pirate called The Phantom and there's a part where they get trapped in a sinking temple and he locks may inside a capsule underwater so that she doesn't drown

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

Jarogue posted:

The main villain in XD had four and the 3 of 4 commanders in collouems had 1 each colosseum

Those do not count!

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Strange Quark posted:

Do you mean series as in the whole mainline Pokemon games or series as in Gen 3?

Basically, I've beaten every mainline series except RSE, haven't really beaten any of the remakes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

Sylphid posted:

Yeah I did it all the time.

Just remember that the main villain in gen 4 did get what he wanted in platinum.

• Locked thread