Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
WhiteOutMouse
Jul 29, 2010

:wom: will blow your mind.
I WhiteOutMouse Oath one Duke Anton don Genoria, the Headhunter, Cool Mini or Not, 32mm

I already do my wolves as whiteish-kaki color, but since he is supposed to be super old I'll see how I like extra white on him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

The pawsting business is tough work.
Since we're coming up on the end of the month:

I got a very specific kind of lazy and painted some minis to completion without photographing them with a timestamp. All my actual oaths are complete, but when I post my verification picture, if I post all the minis I've painted for the month, will I be committing a terrible faux pas?

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Our courage will pull us through
It would be best to have a picture of just the oath stuff for judging purposes.

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!

grassy gnoll posted:

Since we're coming up on the end of the month:

I got a very specific kind of lazy and painted some minis to completion without photographing them with a timestamp. All my actual oaths are complete, but when I post my verification picture, if I post all the minis I've painted for the month, will I be committing a terrible faux pas?

Terrible? No. But blacking out the non-oath minis in Photoshop, Gimp, whatever, will help the judges.

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

I hadn't considered that part things. Thanks!

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

ASK ME ABOUT HOW SCOTLAND'S PROPOSED TRANS LEGISLATION IS DIVISIVE AS HELL BECAUSE IT IS SO SWEEPING THAT IT COULD BE POTENTIALLY ABUSED AT A TIME WHERE THE LACK OF SAFETY FOR WOMEN HAS BEEN SO GLARING
Oath complete!

A very low effort month from me mini wise, but my painting area is filled with half painted scenery so there's that.

LazyAngel
Mar 17, 2009

:siren:Oath Complete!:siren:

LazyAngel posted:

I, LazyAngel, Oath Hestia Nostrello and Gregorio don Sissora, both from Wrath of Kings by CMON (28mm)

Hestia, of course, being my Monthly Technical Challenge (painting white).

LazyAngel posted:

Because I finally found a 'retro' model (does 20-odd years old count?)...

I, LazyAngel oath one NSL Heavy Cruiser from Full Thrust by Ground Zero Games

Obviously, the Retro Challenge

EDIT: Or maybe not so obvious - this is the inspiration;

LazyAngel posted:

Oath Addition!
As I've still got a good seven days or thereabouts, I'll be adding 6 PHR jetskimmers (2 Angelos, 4 Helios) from Dropzone Commander (10mm).

LazyAngel fucked around with this message at 18:34 on Jan 30, 2016

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

I, NTRabbit, reckon I can oath to paint in the next 2 and a half days

1 Woolly Mammoth from Acheson Creations (28mm)

counterspin
Apr 2, 2010

Oath Complete

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

grassy gnoll posted:

I, grassy gnoll, oath this PanO Nisse.
It is 28mm scale, made by Corvus Belli for Infinity.

grassy gnoll posted:

Alright, one more try. I am adding to my oath these three Nomad Alguaciles, from Corvus Belli, and this ancient-rear end Space Marine from my original, decades-old GW painting kit, both 28mm scale.

Oath Complete

This month I completed the Theme Challenge of painting the winter-weather Nisse sniper and an Ultramarine for the Retro Challenge. The Ultramarine also qualifies for Speed Painting.

I'm getting back into painting for the first time since I was a teenager, and it shows. But that's the point of painting more. I very much need a better photo setup!

I actually painted an additional three models not seen here, but I was a dope and didn't oath them properly. Don't be like me.

grassy gnoll fucked around with this message at 02:09 on Jan 30, 2016

Schmetterling
Apr 1, 2011

I, Schmetterling, oath for the month of January an original metal Malifaux Rasputina model

I'll see if I can fit anything else in when she's done, otherwise I've been building some bases for my Dark Carnival box so they might come out for Feb.

Raphus C
Feb 17, 2011
I, Raphus C, oath 1 biker boy and one Ork with vehicle mounted gun

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!
:siren:January Oath complete:siren:.

Claiming :siren:theme challenge:siren:: paint a model that is wrapped up against the cold (the sniper).

Claiming :siren:Retro retreat:siren::Include something retro in your oath this month (Evil Wizard casting spell from Ral Partha [circa 1975] and Dwarf With No Name from Citadel [circa1981])

A question:

As the Dwarf With No Name never came in a box is Box art claimable as I based the paint job on the character it was sculpted after?

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

:siren: Oath Complete!

This month's journal is the snowy bases, since d.elves come from the Land of Chill, Fantasy Canada.

E: Oops, forgot to tag mine as Retro Challenge. Glad I noticed in time!

moths fucked around with this message at 22:48 on Jan 31, 2016

Arson Fire
Oct 8, 2010

Oath Breaker about to hit warphead nine Kaptain!
Oath Complete!

I finished the zombies only about 2 days after I oathed them. They are pretty quick and easy to paint in batches.
Clovis took a bit longer though. Partly because my holiday ended and I had to go back to work. Partly because it's a rather busy model. Fun to paint though.

Under 15
Jan 6, 2005

Mr. Helsbecter will you please stop shooting I am on the phone

Oath Complete!

Mostly painted for the Retro Challenge, a Dark Heresy model from 1995. I actually really liked painting this guy, he's so gloriously chunky.

dmnz
Feb 14, 2012

BNNRROWNWNWOWOWOWO
Oath complete]

Claiming technical Journal for the white staff and bones and retro for 1996 orcs painted in a 1996 colour scheme.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!

Under 15 posted:

Oath Complete!

Mostly painted for the Retro Challenge, a Dark Heresy model from 1995. I actually really liked painting this guy, he's so gloriously chunky.

This is lovely, I really like this hard-lined, cel-shaded-y look. Nice work.

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

Under 15 posted:

Oath Complete!

I never thought I'd see an old Warzone fig here, but man am I happy to see it.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Friends: Protected
World: Saved
Crablettes: Eaten
Oath Complete

Unfortunately the lighting makes it impossible to see the red "eyes" on these guys for some reason.

I also painted a few other models, so I did a shot with them too.

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

THE RESERVED LIST! THE RESERVED LIST! I CANNOT SHUT UP ABOUT THE RESERVED LIST!

nesbit37 posted:

Is there going to be a technical challenge for February or just the theme challenge of things leaping?

Did this ever get answered?

And actually, this might be a good time for an update on the administration of the oath thread generally, since I just the other day noticed that January's spreadsheet hasn't been updated. Like, at all. Not even with anyone's initial oaths. I'm thankful to Krushgroove for still coming around to officially approve everyone's oaths, but aside from that, what's going on? I know none of the volunteers actually owe us anything, but some certainty at least would be nice.

LordAba
Oct 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Just an FYI, I will go through the January posts next weekend to pick retro winners and stuff!

Galaspar
Aug 20, 2006
Will reign this way again
Oath Complete!

For the monthly challenge two of them are white and for the retro challenge the central model is from 1988, painted to join my current army project.

Raphus C
Feb 17, 2011
Oath complete

The gunner is dressed in white:

WhiteOutMouse
Jul 29, 2010

:wom: will blow your mind.
I WhiteOutMouse declare, Oath Complete!

*linked to big for MAX judge points:supaburn:*

My DSLR broke so have some poo poo cell pics.

Theme/Challenge Painting white. This Duke guy is supposed to be crazy and old, so I gave him white hair. My other younger wolves have more of a bone/sand color to their fur so I decided to go warm on this guy's white. Started with a bleached bone, shaded with argax, hit it back up with bone and did some layers of a thin white acrylic ink. Probably not as many layers as I should, could have made each round thinner but I'm a lazy jerk.

I keep the blond hair a running theme among my wolves but I tried to give this guy a touch of grey on top. It did not look as good as I thought. I probably should have reversed my thought, and started with grey and worked up to blond. I blame my youth for not understanding how to paint grey hair. Also the grey I used probably was too desaturated to really notice. I should think harder about the hair on my fur covered werewolves.

Weirdo
Jul 22, 2004

I stay up late :coffee:

Grimey Drawer
:black101: Oath Complete - Eight figures from the Dungeon Saga boardgame, also serving as unit filler for my greenskins army. Some small mold lines, one or two needing some bending in warm water but otherwise fun little figures.

Theme/Challenge White fur cloaks and a white-furred mawbeast/warg/winter wolf.

Weirdo fucked around with this message at 02:06 on Feb 1, 2016

Germ
May 7, 2013

OATH COMPLETE!!!

Two test models for my Heresy-era Raven Guard. They're not quite where I want them, but I reckon after painting 60 or 70 of the blighters, I'll get there. I'm hoping the white on the backpacks, Veteran's arms, and the like are enough to qualify for the Technical Challenge, but won't squawk too loud if not.

Signal
Dec 10, 2005

Oath Complete!

And for both the Retro and the Monthly challenges, I have a Red Terror. I was gonna write some fluff about how its first kills were just soaked with red, but whatever.

Schmetterling
Apr 1, 2011

:parrot: Oath Complete! :parrot:

One icy Rasputina for the Jurnal.

Her blue cloak started seeping into the snow and I don't know how to fix it :(

Lord Thrust
Jan 18, 2013

If you build a man a fire he'll be warm for a night.
If you set a man on fire he'll be warm for the rest of his short, painful life.
Oath Complete

I'm claiming the January technical challenge for the white Goat Man of Sphinctus Prime. He's a test model for some beastigors I'm going to use as cultists.
I apologize for my monthly bad pics. I'm using the Oath Thread as a force to try new things and get something, even one mini, done each month. This year I'm going for consistency of completing oaths, next year I'll work on mini photography. One more down!

Lord Thrust fucked around with this message at 05:21 on Feb 1, 2016

Ledgem
Oct 20, 2010
OATH COMPLETE

Challenge
My everblight models are in a winter wonderland as per usual.

The vault is too big for my photography to properly give it credit, unfortunately.

Pyrolocutus
Feb 5, 2005
Shape of Flame

Oath complete!

I tried for the jurnal in doing this Seishin up in a white/blue-white scheme.

And here he is with his four friends.

Dr. Gargunza
May 19, 2011

He damned me for a eunuch,
and my mother for a whore.

Fun Shoe
Oath Complete!

...I'm not super pleased with the boat. It's kind of an awful model, with way too much flash and mold lines/some sort of round ring marks (intake gates I guess?) in entirely the wrong places. Nevertheless, I'm claiming this as the Theme Challenge of (sculpted) ice and (hastily applied) snow.

Judges: In case you need it, here's the link to where I completed my Speed Paint of the wraith:

Dr. Gargunza posted:

And a Speed Paint complete! Complete with fresh snow, because loving winter.

Here's a better picture of what the painted piece looks like:

Album link is here.

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Our courage will pull us through
Gotta get back into knowing how my camera works again, but oath complete:

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look

nesbit37 posted:

Is there going to be a technical challenge for February or just the theme challenge of things leaping?

Ack - should have gone for the obvious rather than try to think of a technical challenge for 'leaping'...so here goes!

February: It’s Leap Year! (and Valentine's Day!)
  • technical challenge: in the spirit of Valentine's day and all the heart icons that this entails, let's see your best blood effects!
  • theme challenge: paint a model that is leaping, jumping or soaring! OPTIONAL theme challenge: paint a heart of any style somewhere on your model!

JerryLee posted:

And actually, this might be a good time for an update on the administration of the oath thread generally, since I just the other day noticed that January's spreadsheet hasn't been updated. Like, at all. Not even with anyone's initial oaths. I'm thankful to Krushgroove for still coming around to officially approve everyone's oaths, but aside from that, what's going on? I know none of the volunteers actually owe us anything, but some certainty at least would be nice.
Thanks for bringing this to my attention - I shall chase this immediately!

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

OATH COMPLETE

:tutbutt:

I appreciate the bonus contest this month, but since I've already got the Counterblast rules and a box of Counterblast minis, I decided I should leave it to others :yayclod:

Lord Hypnostache
Nov 6, 2009

OATHBREAKER
I, Lord Hypnostache, for the month of February, oath these 3 River Trolls and 4 Cold One Knights

Lord Hypnostache
Nov 6, 2009

OATHBREAKER
I'm also attempting to Save Whales from December. Here's the state these guys are in right now:

Lord Hypnostache posted:

Whoops, half the month is already gone and I haven't oathed anything. Also I took these pictures yesterday and forgot to upload them. Double whoops.

I, Lord Hypnostache, for the month of December, oath five Terminators from Space Hulk, a Chapter Master and five Death Cult Assassins. 28mm GW.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

I'm saving da whales from April, this is both their current and final condition

NTRabbit posted:

I, NTRabbit, for April in the year of our Scruntlord 2015 and first month of Season 6, Oath to paint

• 5 Ogre Warriors w/ one handed weapons, 3 Ogre Shooters and 3 Ogre Boomers by Mantic (28mm)
  • Hill Giants Krug and Golan by Reaper (25mm)

All for Kings of War by Mantic

Eagle eyes will spot a 6th Warrior already painted - he was my test paint for a scheme last year. Kings of War is multibased, so he'll be joining the other 5 warriors on one base and I'll use an arrow or something to point out which one he is in the final photo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

Clarifications for this month's theme challenge: are the two challenges linked, IE if I paint a cutesy heart on one of my guys, does he also have to be jumping? And is this pose sufficiently leap-y?

• Locked thread