Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
It's worth noting that the EU version of Minish Cap had a bug that keeps you from getting 100% Kinstones and they didn't fix this for the VC release.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

It's worth noting that the EU version of Minish Cap had a bug that keeps you from getting 100% Kinstones and they didn't fix this for the VC release.

I'm sure it'll ruin somebody's day.

Just not mine.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Minish Cap is Skyward Sword 2D.

Agrias120
Jun 27, 2002

I will burn my dread.

Agreed, it's poo poo.

RadicalR
Jan 20, 2008

"Businessmen are the symbol of a free society
---
the symbol of America."

Agrias120 posted:

Agreed, it's poo poo.

Motherfucker, I will ruin you.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
My biggest issue with minish cap was the fact that you can't get all 3 goddesses moved into homes

BiggerJ
May 21, 2007

What shall we do with him? A permaban, perhaps? Probate him for a few years? Or...shall we employ a big red custom title? You, the goons of SA, shall decide his fate.

hadji murad posted:

all I want to do is play Earthbound on a handheld...

guess I will buy Shantae instead!

Not gonna happen. When Nintendo realized that a rerelease of Earthbound was their own personal Duke Nukem Forever and that people would buy it just because it exists, the obvious choice was to make it the WiiU's killer app.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Here's a look at the f2p Mario vs. DK Amiibo game that was announced the other day; it's available in Japan as a pack-in with new Amiibos but isn't dated for general release:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sv3wOBZA2Es

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Here's a look at the f2p Mario vs. DK Amiibo game that was announced the other day; it's available in Japan as a pack-in with new Amiibos but isn't dated for general release:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sv3wOBZA2Es

That looks like a lot of fun, too bad about the amiibo stuff :\ It looks like it'd be a cool game for 20 bucks with all the different puzzles. How many levels does each amiibo have?

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
I literally have all of those compatible Amiibo except Rosalina so for me it's like a full free game

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

greatn posted:

I literally have all of those compatible Amiibo except Rosalina so for me it's like a full free game

I'm jelly. I don't have any amiibos and my fiancee only has a yarn yoshi and the splatoon amiibos and the starter pack amiibo festival stuff.

I love the mario vs donkey kong games but not enough to want to drop $130~ to unlock everything

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

FirstAidKite posted:

I'm jelly. I don't have any amiibos and my fiancee only has a yarn yoshi and the splatoon amiibos and the starter pack amiibo festival stuff.

I love the mario vs donkey kong games but not enough to want to drop $130~ to unlock everything

I think yarn Yoshi will work the same as normal for the purposes of this one at least.

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

She fights for LOVE
I guess it shouldn't come as no surprise, but the Wii U edition of Minecraft apparently sold well enough to become the best-selling eShop title in Japan.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

yeah, they're both really good and cute and have hot bishie villains

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

FirstAidKite posted:

That looks like a lot of fun, too bad about the amiibo stuff :\ It looks like it'd be a cool game for 20 bucks with all the different puzzles. How many levels does each amiibo have?

The website said there were around 60 total, and just going off that video it looks like there might be 20 generic stages that can be played by any character plus 4 character-specific stages per Amiibo.

The character-specific gimmicks do look fun but not "buy 10 amiibos" fun.

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008
Do I need to have finished 999 to enjoy VLR? I played a little bit before I sold it along with my first 3DS, but didn't finish it.

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

A Fancy 400 lbs posted:

Do I need to have finished 999 to enjoy VLR? I played a little bit before I sold it along with my first 3DS, but didn't finish it.

Some things won't have the full effect if you haven't finished 999, and the plot is mostly spoiled but I guess you don't have to. You can always just read a playthrough of it or find a summary or something if you want.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

A Fancy 400 lbs posted:

Most of the stuff you'll miss are just insignificant references, but then there are a few huge references. In fact, I think one of the biggest plot moments I can remember from VLR would've required you to have played 999 to completion. But no, it's ultimately not necessary, and still a great game.

For some reason, I am now associating the Badge Arcade bunny with Zero from VLR. Badge Arcade is now proper hosed for me.

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

A Fancy 400 lbs posted:

They're very similar games so if you didn't finish the first one because you didn't like it, you're probably not going to enjoy the second.

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

tertiary relation to thread

http://mariomaker-wp.nintendo.co.jp/

make your own desktop or smartphone wallpaper in the mario maker style

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008

Cloks posted:

They're very similar games so if you didn't finish the first one because you didn't like it, you're probably not going to enjoy the second.

I liked what I played of it, but I sold my original 3DS and a bunch of games to pay bills while I was unemployed a few years back.

I'll check out an LP to "finish" it since I dont have an iPhone, thanks for the advice guys.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

Yeah I haven't played VLR yet but I can't imagine why you'd want to if you weren't even bothered to finish 999 in the first place.

Kanfy
Jan 9, 2012

Just gotta keep walking down that road.

irlZaphod posted:

Yeah I haven't played VLR yet but I can't imagine why you'd want to if you weren't even bothered to finish 999 in the first place.

VLR has a bunch of QoL improvements, for example you never need to do the same puzzle room twice to reach all the endings so if that was your primary issue with 999, I can see enjoying the sequel even if you didn't enjoy the first one.

Of course that's irrelevant here since they apparently liked the first one anyway.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
PAL update (week of February 4):

quote:

WII RETAIL DOWNLOADS
    Disney Planes: Fire & Rescue - €9.99 / £6.99 (permanent price reduction)
    How to Train your Dragon 2 - €9.99 / £6.99 (permanent price reduction)
    Penguins of Madagascar - €9.99 / £6.99 (permanent price reduction)
WII U eSHOP DOWNLOADS
    Space Hulk - €29.95 / £24.99
    Joe's Diner - €7.99 / £5.99
    Typoman (demo)
    ZaciSa: Defence of the Crayon Dimensions! (demo)
WII U ADD-ON CONTENT
    Super Smash Bros. 4 Add-On Content (February 3)
  • Bumper Fighter Bundle (all DLC characters) - €24.93 / £31.43 for one version, €41.93 / £37.73 for both versions
  • Stage Bundle (all DLC stages) - €10.45 / £9.45 for one version, €14.45 / £13.04 for both versions
  • Collection #6 (Bayo/Corrin & all today's Mii costumes) - €15.72 / £14.02 for one version, €20.12 / £8.22 for both versions
  • Mii Fighter Costume Bundle #6 (all today's Mii costumes) - €4.74 / £4.14 for one version, €7.14 / £6.54 for both versions
  • Bayonetta & Umbra Clock Tower Stage - €5.99 / £5.39 for one version, €6.99 / £6.29 for both versions
  • Corrin - €4.99 / £4.49 for one version, €5.99 / £5.39 for both versions
  • Bionic Helmet & Bionic Armour - €0.79 / £0.69 for one version, €1.19 / £1.09 for both versions
  • Takamaru Wig & Takamaru's Outfit - €0.79 / £0.69 for one version, €1.19 / £1.09 for both versions
  • Ashley's Wig & Ashley's Outfit - €0.79 / £0.69 for one version, €1.19 / £1.09 for both versions
  • Gil's Helmet & Gil's Armour - €0.79 / £0.69 for one version, €1.19 / £1.09 for both versions
  • Tails Hat & Tails Outfit - €0.79 / £0.69 for one version, €1.19 / £1.09 for both versions
  • Knuckles Hat & Knuckles Outfit - €0.79 / £0.69 for one version, €1.19 / £1.09 for both versions
WII DOWNLOADS FOR WII U
    Super Mario Galaxy - €19.99 / £17.99
WII U SALES/PROMOTIONS
    Affordable Space Adventures (Wii U eShop) - €13.20/ £11.80 until February 4
    Unepic (Wii U eShop) - €4.99 / £? until February 11
    Typoman (Wii U eShop) - €11.89 / £8.49 from February 4-18
    Adventure Time: Finn & Jake Investigations (Wii U) - €19.99 / £15.99 until February 27

3DS RETAIL DOWNLOADS
    Legend of Legacy - €39.99 / £34.99
    Adventure Time: Secret of the Nameless Kingdom - €9.99 / £6.99 (permanent price reduction)
    Disney Planes: Fire & Rescue - €9.99 / £6.99 (permanent price reduction)
    How to Train your Dragon 2 - €9.99 / £6.99 (permanent price reduction)
    Penguins of Madagascar - €9.99 / £6.99 (permanent price reduction)
    Violetta: Rhythm & Music - €9.99 / £6.99 (permanent price reduction)
    Winx Club: Saving Alfea - €9.99 / £6.99 (permanent price reduction)
3DS eSHOP DOWNLOADS
    Glory of Generals: The Pacific - €6.99 / £5.59
    Slice It! - €5.48 / £3.98
    The Magic Hammer (demo)
3DS ADD-ON CONTENT
    Super Smash Bros. 4 Add-On Content (February 3)
  • Bumper Fighter Bundle (all DLC characters) - €24.93 / £31.43 for one version, €41.93 / £37.73 for both versions
  • Stage Bundle (all DLC stages) - €10.45 / £9.45 for one version, €14.45 / £13.04 for both versions
  • Collection #6 (Bayo/Corrin & all today's Mii costumes) - €15.72 / £14.02 for one version, €20.12 / £8.22 for both versions
  • Mii Fighter Costume Bundle #6 (all today's Mii costumes) - €4.74 / £4.14 for one version, €7.14 / £6.54 for both versions
  • Bayonetta & Umbra Clock Tower Stage - €5.99 / £5.39 for one version, €6.99 / £6.29 for both versions
  • Corrin - €4.99 / £4.49 for one version, €5.99 / £5.39 for both versions
  • Bionic Helmet & Bionic Armour - €0.79 / £0.69 for one version, €1.19 / £1.09 for both versions
  • Takamaru Wig & Takamaru's Outfit - €0.79 / £0.69 for one version, €1.19 / £1.09 for both versions
  • Ashley's Wig & Ashley's Outfit - €0.79 / £0.69 for one version, €1.19 / £1.09 for both versions
  • Gil's Helmet & Gil's Armour - €0.79 / £0.69 for one version, €1.19 / £1.09 for both versions
  • Tails Hat & Tails Outfit - €0.79 / £0.69 for one version, €1.19 / £1.09 for both versions
  • Knuckles Hat & Knuckles Outfit - €0.79 / £0.69 for one version, €1.19 / £1.09 for both versions
3DS MENU THEMES (January 22)
    Etrian Odyssey Untold 2: Classic Theme - €0.99 / £0.89
3DS SALES/PROMOTIONS
    Art of Balance TOUCH! (3DS eShop) - €5.20 / £4.70 until February 11
    Heart Beaten (3DS eShop) - €2.33 / £2.00 or €1.09 / £1.00 if you own Space Lift Danger Panic from February 4-27
    Space Lift Danger Panic (3DS eShop) - €2.33 / £2.00 or €1.09 / £1.00 if you own Space Lift Danger Panic from February 4-27
    Adventure Time: Finn & Jake Investigations (Wii U) - €19.99 / £15.99 until February 27

Mario Galaxy requires a wiimote/nunchuk, in case you didn't know.

Gil is the player character from Japan's favourite bad arcade game, Tower of Druaga.

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

She fights for LOVE
Space Hulk? Isn't that the Games Workshop classic boardgame? I remember playing a computer version of it in the 90s, and it was good.

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
if it's the one that came out on PC awhile back, it's bad, avoid

edit:it is

everything takes forever, you spend a good 70% of the game just watching slow rear end animations

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Rexroom posted:

Space Hulk? Isn't that the Games Workshop classic boardgame? I remember playing a computer version of it in the 90s, and it was good.

It's a port of the newer computer adaptation, which got some very mixed reviews, largely for being too much of a direct adaptation of the boardgame and lacking any real single-player campaign. Hopefully, the WiiU release is a port of the Ascension Edition rerelease, which fixed quite a few technical issues with the game.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

Is Glory of Generals Pacific still a dumb pile of code made by people who saw a few screenshots of wargames?

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

THIS BADGE OF SHAME IS WORTH 0.45 DOUBLE DRAGON ADVANCES

:dogout:
of SA-Mart forever

SelenicMartian posted:

Is Glory of Generals Pacific still a dumb pile of code made by people who saw a few screenshots of wargames?

Sadly, yes. They gave away both GoGenerals games on iOS some months back, and I was delighted as I've always enjoyed turn-based tactics & strategy. Turns out the games are bloody awful and the translation is somewhere between laugh-out-loud funny and pathetic.

I say this with no "ha ha you suck!" sentiment, I say it as a chap who thought that he got a couple of good games for free and was bitterly disappointed.

Fake Edit: Try Battle Academy, which is on Steam as well as tablet with the latter being cheaper. Those are solid games.

Amppelix
Aug 6, 2010

Evil Eagle posted:

Minish Cap has cool items and is one of the most fun Zeldas to 3 heart imo.

No it doesn't! The items are lame as hell! It's the worst part of the game!

Like in the ice dungeon, you see ice everywhere, you're obviously going to melt it. Perhaps, with an awesome fire rod? No, with a dinky-rear end lantern that doesn't even hurt enemies. And this is the fourth dungeon item (out of six)! The magical cane has the magical ability of flipping things over. Also doesn't hurt enemies or do anything really, besides solving puzzles. The only cool items in the entire game are the magic boomerang and the roc's cape.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Gust bellows is pretty fun. But yeah the cane of flipping and the lantern are pretty lame.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

The cane owns actually

It's so ridiculous

Zeeman
May 8, 2007

Say WHAT?! You KNOW that post is wack, homie!

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

He can also use it to jump high.
But only if he has a small child-sized hole in the ground conveniently placed nearby.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
This week, America!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sKrAUaezQuA

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Even through I have it on Steam, I still keep that version of RE4 around. One of the few "add motion controls to a old game" that really worked perfectly.

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
i am not buying RE4 a tenth time

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

Is Badge Arcade down?

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

This one gets me every time. Thank you :)

Gaddam, again? I'll probably get it anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Pomp posted:

i am not buying RE4 a tenth time

Look, I bought Resident Evil 4 on Gamecube, PS2, Wii, PS3 and PC but I'm absolutely not buying it on Wii U, enough is enough.