Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
You can choose between a new rule for the february thread! What will it be?
This poll is closed.
Don't diss the Creativision. Also "Cretinvision" will get wordfiltered to "I am an rear end in a top hat" 22 10.19%
If you talk about Papyrus you will need to refer him as Mr. Papyrus, unless the author changes the pronoun. 70 32.41%
Everyone who posts in pages before the third and after the second has to write I love videogames at least once and never talk about ponies. 77 35.65%
Do not attach pools to the thread. Pools divide the community in fatties and sportys and they are highly triggering. 47 21.76%
Total: 216 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Actually, are the One controllers much of an improvement over the 360 and knockoffs? Never actually even held one now that I think about it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Flimsy is not a word I would use, it feels like holding a brick compared other controllers.

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

Geight posted:

Should I get excite for Fates if I thought Awakening was actually kind of bad once the novelty wore off? I heard one version of the game is for people who liked the older games, but I don't know how much of that is true or if it's just marketing fluff.

if what you mean by this is 'i don't like anime' then no, stay away

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox

Sakurazuka posted:

Flimsy is not a word I would use, it feels like holding a brick compared other controllers.

I'm specifically talking about the sides of the DS4 which are thinner than the 360s. It's more comfortable to hold for long periods of time but I feel like I don't get as much of a grip on the thing.

KaosMachina
Oct 9, 2012

There's nothing special about me.
My handheld quest was decided for me when I found a Used New 3ds XL that is the stupidest thing to type for $90 at a pawn shop
GOD, I love videogames. And places that seem to not get prices. They still have DSi consoles selling for more expensive than 3dses for some reason??

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Hey, someone PMed me about an avatar change as a Sheep Game winner and I lost the PM before I was able to get that taken care of. Please send it to me again, whoever that was.

FanaticalMilk
Mar 11, 2011

Ciaphas posted:

Actually, are the One controllers much of an improvement over the 360 and knockoffs? Never actually even held one now that I think about it.

I think they're a lot better, even moreso in the case of the Elite controller. The biggest improvement is the D-pad but I also much prefer the triggers and bumpers on the new controller.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

FactsAreUseless posted:

Hey, someone PMed me about an avatar change as a Sheep Game winner and I lost the PM before I was able to get that taken care of. Please send it to me again, whoever that was.

It was me, change Stux's avatar to a butt, tia.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

FanaticalMilk posted:

I think they're a lot better, even moreso in the case of the Elite controller. The biggest improvement is the D-pad but I also much prefer the triggers and bumpers on the new controller.

It's like the 360 controller where I can just buy any old wired one and it Just Works®, right, or do I have to buy a PC-specific version

FanaticalMilk
Mar 11, 2011

Ciaphas posted:

It's like the 360 controller where I can just buy any old wired one and it Just Works®, right, or do I have to buy a PC-specific version

There's only one version of the controller, and it comes with Micro or Mini USB to USB cable that allows you to just plug 'n' play. If you need to do wireless though, you'll need to buy a separate dongle that only works on Windows 10

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Jay Rust posted:

Can anyone recommend a decent PC controller? Rumble not required

the $25 Logitech ones work perfectly fine and are modeled after the PS3/4 controller layout

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Oh, All-Knowing One, behold me!

icantfindaname posted:

if what you mean by this is 'i don't like anime' then no, stay away

Nah I mean the game itself wasn't that good of an FE game, I can handle the anime

The groping your soldiers thing was maybe too anime but I was just planning to never ever use that feature but apparently it's being removed anyways so :confuoot:

program666
Aug 22, 2013

A giant carnivorous dinosaur
from axlblaze on the older thread

quote:

Monster Hunter games are like the Japense version of COD games in that every company wants to make a clone because they assume they can get some of that action, not realizing that people that like the original are just gonna keep playing the original.
I would gladly play a monhun clone and there are lots of gaps to be filled here since capcom are complete loving retards when it comes to which platform and country they release monhun, and they are even more retarded about the PC as a platform, but no one is able to create a game that feels like monster hunter, it feels just way too good to play. I'm hoping a good monster hunter clone shows up for the PC and do really really well just to spite capcom actually, and I'm probably not at all alone on all of this.

The highest praised monster hunter clone is probably god eater and other hunters told me they played it a lot (filling the gap left by capcom) and they say it's good, but not the same thing.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

I like the idea of Monster Hunter but I hate Monster Hunter. So a really good ripoff that I like would be an ok thing.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
I love videogames, btw

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Come on girl

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Motto posted:

Come on girl

:cmon:

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

That missing comma bothers the hell outta me.

Mistle
Oct 11, 2005

Eckot's comic relief cousin from out of town
Grimey Drawer

PantsBandit posted:

:eyepop:

FanaticalMilk posted:

Common complaints for the xbone controllers are that the internal parts are cheap plastic(same as the late[?] 360 controllers) and they wear down and break with frequent use, particularly with regards to stick drift. I can't vouch for the xb controller, but my 360 controller has been a real champ so far. It's starting to get a slight drift, but given that it was from a release 360 elite console, that's a good, long life. Finding the official windows wireless device was a pain in the rear end, as there's no end to cheap chinese knockoffs that may or may not be malware vectors.

The DS4 is known for having the rubber on the sticks peel off and wear away with ease, but the ironic solution is to put xb1 sticks in the DS4.

For what it's worth, 360 controllers are on the cheap, and you can get them new or used for a decent price right now while you spend time looking for a more expensive long-term option.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Come on cheerleader. Save the world.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Looper posted:

I love videogames, btw

:heart:

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord
I like that the CEO main villain in Mirror's Edge 2 looks exactly like EA's current CEO.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Motto posted:

Come on girl

Lassie saves the fuckkin world.

Actually it's an injoke because if Mirror's Edge 2 fails they're all going to be stuck doing yearly released games forever.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Mistle posted:

The DS4 is known for having the rubber on the sticks peel off and wear away with ease, but the ironic solution is to put xb1 sticks in the DS4.

i don't think this happens anymore. the first run was hosed but they fixed it

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

The Taint Reaper posted:

Actually it's an injoke because if Mirror's Edge 2 fails they're all going to be stuck doing yearly released games forever.

Yeah but if it succeeds they're gonna be stuck doing yearly released Mirror's Edge games forever.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Steve2911 posted:

Yeah but if it succeeds they're gonna be stuck doing yearly released Mirror's Edge games forever.

They pitch it as the new mass Effect and claim they need a few years to properly write 6 selectable future waifus for the player to choose and 22 alternate endings where atleast one beloved character dies horribly, but you can save them if you buy ALL OF THE DLC.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

PantsBandit posted:

do you get upset when people don't put commas before their thoughs and toos

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

Why is there a goku on my forums.

Looper posted:

You don't?!?!

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
what happened to the xbone thread

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

With our special guest star, RUSH! YAYYYYYYYYY

Looper posted:

it was bad

edit: or was it the xbone itself that is bad, I keep getting them mixed up

Heavy Lobster
Oct 24, 2010

:gowron::m10:

Looper posted:

WOOSH

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Looper posted:

I have no idea but it is making me laugh quite a lot!

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT
Don't loving click on the Xbox thread, fire/explosion GIFS and constant shifting makes it shake your browser all over and could probably give you a seizure.

In fact, what the loving hell mods/admins. That could give someone a seizure.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

uh get your mind out of the gutter, that's gross

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
There's a goku invading Games be wary

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

This is his revenge for getting snubbed by Sakurai.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!
I always get really sad whenever the admins have a midlife crisis and start implementing "wacky" wordfilters and changing thread/forum names and adding ridiculous custom scripts to try and capture that mid-2000s GBS madness.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Lady Naga posted:

I always get really sad whenever the admins have a midlife crisis and start implementing "wacky" wordfilters and changing thread/forum names and adding ridiculous custom scripts to try and capture that mid-2000s GBS madness.

Naga plz

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

Lady Naga posted:

i agree, you do seem really sad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

Motto posted:

Come on girl

I hope ME2 is more focused on free running/parkour and provides you with a number of different routes to choose from and less focused on slowing down to shoot bad guys like every other game created

Lady Naga posted:

More like Lady Buzzkill am I right?

I miss ur Homer yearbook photo avatar actually

• Locked thread