Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Logicblade
Aug 13, 2014

Festival with your real* little sister!
Since we can teleport I vote we throw Victoria through a wall. That's how momentum works, right?

Logicblade fucked around with this message at 20:17 on Feb 1, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Victoria is so drat thirsty for that hipster teacher rear end.

SloppyDoughnuts
Apr 9, 2010

I set fire to the rain watched it pour as I touched your face
I'm really glad Mr Jefferson shut her down. I was REALLY CONCERNED with that conversation.

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)
Haha, wow. "Give me special favours in return for implied sexytimes or I'll tell everyone you offered me special favours for implied sexytimes."

That is a super SPECIAL type of hosed up.

Surprise Pizza
Mar 21, 2010
Yeah, good to see a better side of Mr. Jefferson after his poor reaction to Kate earlier.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.
Fireflies you say

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EBVU_qrVN6w

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

Panzer OK'd me to post these, so here's a couple things that happen at the start of Episode 3 if Kate jumps.

Most notably, Max's Facebook wall is full of cartoonishly horrible messages towards her. Like to the point where it's not even believable, IMO:

The other thing I wanted to share is a couple text messages you get. For some reason these messages were the closest I got to being really emotional about this game? I dunno why, it's not like I can really relate to the situation and Kate probably wouldn't break a top five list of my favorite characters but I really liked these texts:

Anyway that's all for now, if I see anything else notably different between this playthrough and mine I'll run it past Panzer and see if it's cool to post.

lokipunk
Jan 16, 2007
There is some interesting dialog that changes later. Being as vague as I can be.

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!

Kaubocks posted:

Panzer OK'd me to post these, so here's a couple things that happen at the start of Episode 3 if Kate jumps.

Most notably, Max's Facebook wall is full of cartoonishly horrible messages towards her. Like to the point where it's not even believable, IMO:

Wow, what the christ.

Panzer Skank
Jan 12, 2004

He's a regular-crab.
Not, like, a sex-crab.

This text from Kate's dad breaks my heart :(

Also while I've got it on my mind, the snippet of poetry Max has on her whiteboard for Kate is from The Tyger by William Blake. It's a really gorgeous poem about being ferociously alive, and I'd recommend at least skimming that wikipedia page if you'd like a little insight into why Max chose that piece for her.

Dire Lemming
Jan 19, 2016
If you don't coddle Nazis flat Earthers then you're literally as bad as them.

MarquiseMindfang posted:

Haha, wow. "Give me special favours in return for implied sexytimes or I'll tell everyone you offered me special favours for implied sexytimes."

That is a super SPECIAL type of hosed up.

Not only that, it seems she might genuinely like Mark Jefferson and that's how she treats him. There's something seriously wrong with Victoria.

Spatula City
Oct 21, 2010

LET ME EXPLAIN TO YOU WHY YOU ARE WRONG ABOUT EVERYTHING
oh wow, Victoria is even more of a poo poo than we thought. It's pretty clear any remorse she has for her role in Kate's suicide attempt is feigned because she knows she's SUPPOSED to feel bad. I thought maybe the game would ultimately humanize her, but so far, it's only made her shittiness more apparent. at least Mr. Jefferson turned her down flat. that would've been two character assassinations for the price of one!

Dana and Taylor are cool, though.

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)

Spatula City posted:

oh wow, Victoria is even more of a poo poo than we thought. It's pretty clear any remorse she has for her role in Kate's suicide attempt is feigned because she knows she's SUPPOSED to feel bad. I thought maybe the game would ultimately humanize her, but so far, it's only made her shittiness more apparent. at least Mr. Jefferson turned her down flat. that would've been two character assassinations for the price of one!

Dana and Taylor are cool, though.

I read it the opposite way. I think she's fake to Nathan because she's scared of him or using him for popularity or something. She's obviously insecure. Shes got this image and she feels like she has to keep it up.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

MarquiseMindfang posted:

I read it the opposite way. I think she's fake to Nathan because she's scared of him or using him for popularity or something. She's obviously insecure. Shes got this image and she feels like she has to keep it up.

Yeah pretty much this. Remember howl she was basically crying at the end of last episode until Nathan came in? He was probably completely convinced that it was Kates own fault and assured Victoria that she wasn't to blame. Now she desperately tries to convince herself of that. The only way to do that is to double down on blaming the victim. If she keeps saying this, maybe it will become true in her head. :smith:

It's pretty fair to say that she isn't a stone cold bitch who can simply look past all of this and continue as if nothing happened. But she forces herself to try just that.

Indiiea
Sep 26, 2013
I could feel a bit of sympathy for Victoria at first and I do understand why she acts the way she does. I also believe she might put on a "fake" act to the outside world and what is written here about her trying to absolve herself of blame. However, any shred of sympathy I might have had for her went down the drain when she still said that to Jefferson after Kate actually died in my playthrough. When I first heard she snuck out I was suprised! Was she that upset? Was she showing remorse? Then I see her saying that to Jefferson. I couldn't help thinking about her actions: "Yeah, it's all about poor you and how hard it is for you... not."

Mr. Highway
Feb 25, 2007

I'm a very lonely man, doing what I can.

Panzer Skank posted:

This text from Kate's dad breaks my heart :(

Also while I've got it on my mind, the snippet of poetry Max has on her whiteboard for Kate is from The Tyger by William Blake. It's a really gorgeous poem about being ferociously alive, and I'd recommend at least skimming that wikipedia page if you'd like a little insight into why Max chose that piece for her.

It also pairs with The Lamb from Blake's Songs of Innocence to create dichotomy between fierceness and gentleness in the world, since He who made the ferocious tiger, beautiful because is was made by God, is also able to make the meek lamb.

ParliamentOfDogs
Jan 29, 2009

My genre's thriller... What's yours?
Chloe's face at 26:25 is cracking me the gently caress up. She is loving that travesty.

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer

Mr. Highway posted:

It also pairs with The Lamb from Blake's Songs of Innocence to create dichotomy between fierceness and gentleness in the world, since He who made the ferocious tiger, beautiful because is was made by God, is also able to make the meek lamb.
I'd put it the other way around - He who made the meek lamb is also capable of making the ferocious tiger. Blake and God weren't really on speaking terms most of the time. I always read "What immortal hand or eye/ Dare frame thine fearful symmetry" as an accusation of arrogance.
Blake's mythology is actually pretty interesting.

anilEhilated fucked around with this message at 14:05 on Feb 3, 2016

Eighties ZomCom
Sep 10, 2008

Kaubocks posted:

I'm just curious about the religious message in this one. Is it meant to be from Kate's family or church? Seems a tad hypocritical of them to blame Max here considering how they treated Kate.

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Down came the glitches and burned us in ditches and we slept after eating our dead.

EvilTaytoMan posted:

I'm just curious about the religious message in this one. Is it meant to be from Kate's family or church? Seems a tad hypocritical of them to blame Max here considering how they treated Kate.

Considering Max was basically Kate's only friend, maybe one of them thinks she was the "bad influence" that lead Kate to "screw up" to begin with.

Eighties ZomCom
Sep 10, 2008

GlyphGryph posted:

Considering Max was basically Kate's only friend, maybe one of them thinks she was the "bad influence" that lead Kate to "screw up" to begin with.

But didn't Kate have other friends before the incident? I seem to recall a photo showing that. Max seemed to be the only one that stuck with her.

Deformed Church
May 12, 2012

5'5", IQ 81

Before we say too many nice things about Mr Jefferson, it's still pretty lovely of him to be breaking curfew with favourite students and generally being shifty.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

Mark Jefferson Did Nothing Wrong

Panzer Skank
Jan 12, 2004

He's a regular-crab.
Not, like, a sex-crab.

MooCowlian posted:

Before we say too many nice things about Mr Jefferson, it's still pretty lovely of him to be breaking curfew with favourite students and generally being shifty.

Like on one hand it's cool he'd bend the rules to put in some extra hours and help a student put together a portfolio for college, on the other hand i think once he got there he realized victoria had no intention of giving a poo poo about a portfolio and regretted it instantly. He just sounds so fed up.

Prop Wash
Jun 12, 2010

It seems like both of them had high hopes for the whole thing but nobody ended up being happy with it. Oh well. Good thing gruff guard has it all on his security cameras!

Kangra
May 7, 2012

Mark had to work very hard to to get to his position at the Blackwell Academy. It's a pretty high-profile job and I bet he had to keep applying a whole lot of times to get there.

I know it seems like being featured in magazines and the like is the real top of the hill, but what he's probably really after is the prestige (and the money) that comes with having a famous student. I bet he'd be rich enough that he wouldn't even have to cook for himself anymore. Being in academia - that's the real big leagues. He has a legitimate shot at moving up in the world, and he should take it. Making the right choice could affect him as long as he lives, so he needs to consider every student fairly.

I see nothing wrong with that.

Surprise Pizza
Mar 21, 2010

Prop Wash posted:

It seems like both of them had high hopes for the whole thing but nobody ended up being happy with it. Oh well. Good thing gruff guard has it all on his security cameras!

The security cameras haven't been installed yet - that's just David Madsen's plans. The petition we signed in episode 1 (which at this point is still just yesterday) was to stop them being installed.

Prop Wash
Jun 12, 2010

Surprise Pizza posted:

The security cameras haven't been installed yet - that's just David Madsen's plans. The petition we signed in episode 1 (which at this point is still just yesterday) was to stop them being installed.

I'll have to go back and watch it, but didn't Mr Madsen have a bunch of cameras already operational at his house?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

His house is a decidedly different building from Blackwell Academy, so I don't see the point.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

No, I can understand where the confusion is coming from here. I thought the same thing until Panzer clarified it to me.

When you open David's cupboard and see the TV that has a security feed on it, it's right beside a map of the school with placements for security cameras. Because of this, my mind didn't really clue into what was actually on the TV (a security feed of the Price household) and just assumed he had already set up some secret security cameras at the school.

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Jefferson seems pretty much entirely self-interested. I noticed that in the scene in the principal's office, if you don't accuse him immediately, he ends the interview before you get the chance to.

Victoria is an interesting one to puzzle out. She's showing so many different faces to different people that you can't get a gauge of who is the real Victoria. She also seems to be looking out entirely for herself; all of the sides she's shown seem to have been about gaining status with someone, except for the paint scene with Max, where she was in dire need of comfort. Whether that was her mask cracking, or just sucking up to the nearest person that could give her sympathy, I couldn't say.

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer
All of her faces show an annoying bitch, though.

Panzer Skank
Jan 12, 2004

He's a regular-crab.
Not, like, a sex-crab.

Hello good morning! It's Monday, so :siren: NEW VIDEO :siren:

:siren:Today we're going to commit More Crimes and be a general teen nuisance!:siren:

Today's poll: closed!

Here are the new journal pages:

Also, just as a note: there's a letter on the principal's desk I forgot to check out, and it's related to a minor decision we made earlier in the game. I'm going to look at it at the start of the next video so don't worry, I didn't miss it!

Panzer Skank fucked around with this message at 03:49 on Feb 13, 2016

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.
Max Caulfield making fun of people who wear red deerstalkers may have been a touch on-the-nose.

Using her bullshit time powers to nightcrawler behind a locked door was pretty great, though. I wonder if she doesn't tell Chloe about how it's done because she doesn't want to brag, or because it's cooler if it's mysterious.

AriadneThread
Feb 17, 2011

The Devil sounds like smoke and honey. We cannot move. It is too beautiful.

max puts as much effort into looking through drawers as i do

ZiegeDame
Aug 21, 2005

YUKIMURAAAA!
So it's looking like we can add homophobia to the list of reasons David is a lovely person, from the way he considers any girl that Chloe is close to a bad influence on her. And if we get to the end without the game confirming that Chloe and Rachel's relationship was romantic, I will eat my loving hat.

Also, what the hell is a handicapped fund, anyway? That's probably Wells' booze money. I mean, alcoholism can be considered a handicap, right?

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
Max and Waren are now on a NSA-watchlist.
It's a really bad idea to send instructions for building a bomb via text message.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

maybe we shouldn't tip off that someone broke into the school by stealing literally thousands of dollars

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer
Maybe we should cover our tracks. Make a distraction! Set fire to the office!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

ZiegeDame posted:

So it's looking like we can add homophobia to the list of reasons David is a lovely person, from the way he considers any girl that Chloe is close to a bad influence on her. And if we get to the end without the game confirming that Chloe and Rachel's relationship was romantic, I will eat my loving hat.

Also, what the hell is a handicapped fund, anyway? That's probably Wells' booze money. I mean, alcoholism can be considered a handicap, right?

Presumably it's money put aside for handicapped students. I mean there are handicapped parking spaces at Blackwell, (which Chloe parks in - I guess being a dick to the handicapped is in her DNA or something) so there are probably disabled students. Honestly, considering Mr. Prescott is being an rear end in a top hat and withholding funding because his son had to actually face some goddamn consequences for his awful behaviour, I think the school might actually need that money.

Also Max continues to be The Best Teenager :allears:. But what's an IEP? It shows up in her file but it's hidden behind the update card. Is that some American thing?

• Locked thread