Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.
do you not remember those comics where Black Cat threw out 5 landmines all the loving time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Drythe posted:

plus some bitchin plastic tits

Speaking of bitchin' plastic tits:

In game his heaving beef balloons warp and distort like a saran-wrapped jello mold during animations. Ace effort on the update gaz

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

lmao

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

This game

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord

Soothing Vapors posted:

do you not remember those comics where Black Cat threw out 5 landmines all the loving time

It's the Batman Justice League problem where a character is so fantastically and wholly outclassed by literally everyone (friend or foe) that they get relegated to hanging back and throwing stuff.

godface zillah
Nov 18, 2012

TJQ and Brevik were the only staff that played this game. rip

Ajax
Mar 16, 2004

Aunt Petunia's Girdle!
What's happening?

McSpanky posted:

In game his heaving beef balloons warp and distort like a saran-wrapped jello mold during animations. Ace effort on the update gaz

I hope for more liefield costumes tbh

Sdoots
Nov 3, 2013

I did this and could have stopped it, but nothing in nature ever follows a gaussian curve. Sure, they'll tell you that it does. They say that every five minutes someone dies in a car accident, but how often are there seven hundred and sixty one armless and legless corpses in one hangar?
Alright, I took a look at the builds for GR on MarvelBase and gently caress those guys. I admittedly don't have a loving clue how to gear this to make the most of it. You probably shouldn't listen to me, most of the time when I say something in SG chat I'm told "no that's dumb". However, I love GR and have played him since he first came out. I also still haven't finished my cosmic on him that's not the goddamn point shut up.

Here's my build. You should try it maybe.

SDOOTS' REALLY COOL GHOST RIDER THAT DOES THE HELLFIRE WHAT GOOD

Max out Chains Ablaze. There are a few physical damage skills used here, but mostly we want as much crit rating as possible.
Max out Spirit of Vengeance. You're the Spirit of Vengeance. Embrace that. Be proud of it.

OH BY THE WAY I HAVE MY KEYS SET UP LIKE DIABLO 3 BECAUSE I AM A FUCKER

If I don't say max out, just dump as many as you feel comfortable with or something like that. I'm level 49 right now and can't really figure out precise numbers. I use 10 for most of them.

Put whatever you loving want in Chain Lash I don't know goddamnit. It's going to be your Mouse 1.
On 1, (or whatever your equivalent would be), put Damnation.
On 2, (or whatever your equivalent would be), put Infernal Skull.
On 3, (or whatever your equivalent would be), put Burn the Treads.
On 4, (or whatever your equivalent would be), put Penance Stare.
On 5, (or whatever your equivalent would be), put Hell From Above
On 6, (or whatever your equivalent would be), put a maxed out Infernal Contract. You should use this as much as you can.
On Mouse 2, you'll be using Inferno. Because of course you will.

On the last note for powers, I have my second hotbar m1 and m2 set up so they correspond to the thumb buttons on my mouse. I have Dread on Mouse 4 and Ride on Mouse 3. 1 point in each of these is plenty.

For an Uru, I am using Mental, and Legendary is Warlock's Eye. The Hood Medallion seems to be working pretty well with the combined Physical and Mental damage bonus, as well.

The general idea here is that you have plenty of ways to lay on the hellfire stacks. Damnation applies a stack each tick, Burn the Treads applies one stack when it hits, two stacks if you charge it fully (which you should be doing anyways), and Hell From Above applies a full three stacks on hit. Additionally, you are lowering the cooldown of HFA whenever you use a Vengeance power, in this case, Burn the Treads. Inferno also applies a stack on the initial cast, so if you can get smart with your casts rather than just hit M2 a lot, you'll get a lot of benefit from each use.

As a result of all this hellfire being thrown out, Infernal Skull is almost always going to be dealing an extra 20% damage. Whenever you aren't getting everyone nice and toasty, you should be hitting them with skulls. If you run out of spirit, then you hit them with your Chain Lash, which will now be that much better due to your drained spirit pools. Chain Lash also has tremendous reach in comparison to Thrash, allowing a low health, low spirit GR to keep dealing damage.

Finally, if using Infernal Contract and cutting your health in half for the various boosts isn't working out in your favor, you always have one point in Chain Thrash by default. Swapping Lash for Thrash and taking advantage of the health recovery on hit (when the enemy is afflicted with hellfire, which they will be) works just fine.

Most Mental builds use Hellfire rather than any chains. I don't really like this approach. I feel like I'd rather get the benefits from one of the chain basics if possible, and since spirit is going to be at a premium, why not embrace that and make it a strength rather than a flaw?

The reliance on a few physical powers means this build would benefit from having a few pieces of gear with physical buffs, obviously. That said, I'm still figuring out how much to go in one direction versus the other.

gently caress, this is Hybrid isn't it? Eh, whatever. You get to hit poo poo with chains and light dudes on fire. Try it sometime.

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms
It's really bad and no one likes it

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Max Ride.

Use Ride.

ndub
Jun 9, 2007

just copy whatever the current ttk winner is doing since it's not like individual builds have a ton of variety anyway

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text

Sdoots posted:

Alright, I took a look at the builds for GR on MarvelBase and gently caress those guys. I admittedly don't have a loving clue how to gear this to make the most of it. You probably shouldn't listen to me, most of the time when I say something in SG chat I'm told "no that's dumb". However, I love GR and have played him since he first came out. I also still haven't finished my cosmic on him that's not the goddamn point shut up.

Here's my build. You should try it maybe.

SDOOTS' REALLY COOL GHOST RIDER THAT DOES THE HELLFIRE WHAT GOOD

Max out Chains Ablaze. There are a few physical damage skills used here, but mostly we want as much crit rating as possible.
Max out Spirit of Vengeance. You're the Spirit of Vengeance. Embrace that. Be proud of it.

OH BY THE WAY I HAVE MY KEYS SET UP LIKE DIABLO 3 BECAUSE I AM A FUCKER

If I don't say max out, just dump as many as you feel comfortable with or something like that. I'm level 49 right now and can't really figure out precise numbers. I use 10 for most of them.

Put whatever you loving want in Chain Lash I don't know goddamnit. It's going to be your Mouse 1.
On 1, (or whatever your equivalent would be), put Damnation.
On 2, (or whatever your equivalent would be), put Infernal Skull.
On 3, (or whatever your equivalent would be), put Burn the Treads.
On 4, (or whatever your equivalent would be), put Penance Stare.
On 5, (or whatever your equivalent would be), put Hell From Above
On 6, (or whatever your equivalent would be), put a maxed out Infernal Contract. You should use this as much as you can.
On Mouse 2, you'll be using Inferno. Because of course you will.

On the last note for powers, I have my second hotbar m1 and m2 set up so they correspond to the thumb buttons on my mouse. I have Dread on Mouse 4 and Ride on Mouse 3. 1 point in each of these is plenty.

For an Uru, I am using Mental, and Legendary is Warlock's Eye. The Hood Medallion seems to be working pretty well with the combined Physical and Mental damage bonus, as well.

The general idea here is that you have plenty of ways to lay on the hellfire stacks. Damnation applies a stack each tick, Burn the Treads applies one stack when it hits, two stacks if you charge it fully (which you should be doing anyways), and Hell From Above applies a full three stacks on hit. Additionally, you are lowering the cooldown of HFA whenever you use a Vengeance power, in this case, Burn the Treads. Inferno also applies a stack on the initial cast, so if you can get smart with your casts rather than just hit M2 a lot, you'll get a lot of benefit from each use.

As a result of all this hellfire being thrown out, Infernal Skull is almost always going to be dealing an extra 20% damage. Whenever you aren't getting everyone nice and toasty, you should be hitting them with skulls. If you run out of spirit, then you hit them with your Chain Lash, which will now be that much better due to your drained spirit pools. Chain Lash also has tremendous reach in comparison to Thrash, allowing a low health, low spirit GR to keep dealing damage.

Finally, if using Infernal Contract and cutting your health in half for the various boosts isn't working out in your favor, you always have one point in Chain Thrash by default. Swapping Lash for Thrash and taking advantage of the health recovery on hit (when the enemy is afflicted with hellfire, which they will be) works just fine.

Most Mental builds use Hellfire rather than any chains. I don't really like this approach. I feel like I'd rather get the benefits from one of the chain basics if possible, and since spirit is going to be at a premium, why not embrace that and make it a strength rather than a flaw?

The reliance on a few physical powers means this build would benefit from having a few pieces of gear with physical buffs, obviously. That said, I'm still figuring out how much to go in one direction versus the other.

gently caress, this is Hybrid isn't it? Eh, whatever. You get to hit poo poo with chains and light dudes on fire. Try it sometime.

Never cosmic

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
Did they ever figure out Lady Ghost Rider's VA or was that lost to time

Mover
Jun 30, 2008

RIP to Horse rider costume :smith:

HandsomeBen
Nov 23, 2006

There is no greater calling than to serve your fellow men. There is no greater contribution than to help the weak. There is no greater satisfaction than to have done it well
This is fake right? Please tell me this is fake.

ransome
Dec 27, 2012

Cosmic, Baby!

HandsomeBen posted:

This is fake right? Please tell me this is fake.

no

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Like a hollow-point bullet
Straight to the head
I never missed...you

Saint Freak posted:

Did they ever figure out Lady Ghost Rider's VA or was that lost to time
They did actually. Brevik of all people apparently remembered/figured out who it was. (It's one Noemi Del Rio, for the record.)

Lux Aeterna
Feb 19, 2005

cosmic upgrade tokens were just too hard to farm apparently

maybe they'll just let danger room always drop drives/coffers/worldstones all the time so we don't have to worry about what week it is

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Do whatever SDOOTS says. Thank you.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Soothing Vapors posted:

would you like me to tell you how? it's because they don't give a flying gently caress about her and released a mostly C/Ped mess of a character after 4 days of testing in order to do the minimum possible work required to fulfill AP2

P.S. Buy AP3 Today!!!
dw I did.

Aphrodite posted:

Max Ride.

Use Ride.
Also max Wheelie. I mean, most of the time you're gonna be riding, but sometimes you need to show off.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

quote:

Monday Update 2/1
RyolnirRyolnir GazillionAvengers Infinite MansionPosts: 7,464 Staff
2:21PM in General Discussion
Hey all,

It was a pretty busy weekend for the Marvel Heroes (now 2016!) team, with 3 updates in as many days and lots of feedback and bug reports to process. In other news, it was also a pretty successful weekend, with the most players in quite some time.

Thanks for the good bug reporting and feedback, and it was good to talk to some of you in chat this weekend and hear what you think about the update. We have a lot to tackle this week in terms of bugs, so you can expect dev chatter to be lighter than usual, except perhaps to ask about repro steps or details.

I believe we've gathered a list of the worst issues, but if you want to post your list here, that'd be excellent. I'll reply or PM you for more details if it's something we're not tracking. Thanks to those who've made threads gathering bug reports cleanly in one place - it's a big help actually.

No major changes should be expected in this week's patch outside of bug fixing. Some of the team will of course be working on upcoming heroes and content, so worry not, Green Goblin and other fans. For those wondering, Green Goblin is currently scheduled to ship in the month of February.

Have a good week. Keep punching Skrulls.

Flag Quote · 2Insightful Disagree Agree 5Awesome LOL

Lux Aeterna
Feb 19, 2005

green gobbo better have a hobgoblin alternate

also my money is on his sig being wm's sig but with pumpkin bombs

Dosvidanya
May 28, 2004

I don't advertise for free ;-*

godface zillah posted:

TJQ and Brevik were the only staff that played this game. rip

that's why i miss them

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

So, after my initial buzz with Punisher wore off I tried out Ghost Rider, Blade, Hawkeye, and a bunch of other dudes. Is there any particular reason why some heroes are 600 shards instead of 400? I feel like I should probably use my upgrade token on Ghost Rider and buy Blade or Frank with the day 2 bonus because they're super fun. Is the freebie SHIELD agent teamup good enough that you don't need to get another one? I've played quite a bit and only gotten like 14 or so of the character-buying shards so I just want to maximize my spacebucks.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

They are more "visually exciting", needing more man hours to open up a particle library, or they are "more popular" and can be sold for more because they're Iron Man and he has movies.

The SHIELD team-up is pretty good - there's few stand-out team-ups other than Clea since they reworked them, and that's only because she provides group buffs your hero might not otherwise have.

Mover
Jun 30, 2008

mistaya posted:

So, after my initial buzz with Punisher wore off I tried out Ghost Rider, Blade, Hawkeye, and a bunch of other dudes. Is there any particular reason why some heroes are 600 shards instead of 400? I feel like I should probably use my upgrade token on Ghost Rider and buy Blade or Frank with the day 2 bonus because they're super fun. Is the freebie SHIELD agent teamup good enough that you don't need to get another one? I've played quite a bit and only gotten like 14 or so of the character-buying shards so I just want to maximize my spacebucks.

600 splinter characters go into two groups: Release heroes like Spidey, Iron Man, or Deadpool who are just so much more popular than anyone else that people will pay anything for them, and later releases like Rogue or Dr Strange who required dramatically more amounts of artwork or programming in new systems to make.

Yeah, the Shield agent is fine for doing all content. You can also get a free Pirate Deadpool team up by doing a big achievment chain if you have a level 60 already. Doesn't take that long and he is the best crowd control team up in the game probably.

e: here's the achievement chain for the DP team up: https://www.reddit.com/r/marvelheroes/comments/3ehuvn/the_hunt_for_pirate_deadpool_achievement_spoilers/

Mover fucked around with this message at 20:49 on Feb 1, 2016

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Like a hollow-point bullet
Straight to the head
I never missed...you

Oforums person posted:

By chance, are you guys looking at March for Elektra, to sync-up with Daredevil Season 2?

Ryolnir posted:

That would be wise.
Odds they'll actually do it: :mediocre:

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

The order of the releases is in the graphic for AP3 by the way. Not kidding.

Do expect a surprise hero this year though.

Lux Aeterna
Feb 19, 2005

if the character model already exists in-game it's coming out first

elektra will be march/april and then they're going to try alternating heroes and team-ups for releases

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

The order of the releases is in the graphic for AP3 by the way. Not kidding.

Do expect a surprise hero this year though.

Im thinking 200es Falcon

Mover
Jun 30, 2008

I desperately want playable super skrull. They already have all these cool animations from his boss fight!

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

"At the end of the day
We are all human beings
My father once told me that
The world has no borders"

there's also couple of other team-ups you can get through playing, but those will take more time:
Howard the Duck: Do the special armor event during 4 separate events
Agent Coulson: Purchase for Omega event money.
Holo-Wolverine: Play lot of Danger Room and purchase him for Holobucks.

Or login during major holidays like Christmas and such: Christmas Groot, Dr. Doom .... etc

Mover
Jun 30, 2008

Howard the Duck owns because he's also secretly a Doop team up.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

McSpanky posted:

cl_gibcount 9999
Aug 15, 2002

quote:

And also please tell me how to kill a cat?
5 people could not kill one cat
Even when one of us ult

ransome
Dec 27, 2012

Cosmic, Baby!
btw the box buddy prestige trick wasn't nerfed, it is a bug.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Lux Aeterna posted:

if the character model already exists in-game it's coming out first

elektra will be march/april and then they're going to try alternating heroes and team-ups for releases

better tell them to finish rescue and archangel from team up pack 1 lol

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

Am I able to get armor tokens right now?

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

All these fuckers read our thread this morning.

Builds galore trying to put Brooch all over their chars now.

I'm ready to glint my brooch on your face bro.

They got a good idea though. That thing is a beast.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lux Aeterna
Feb 19, 2005

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

better tell them to finish rescue and archangel from team up pack 1 lol

wait did they not come out yet

• Locked thread