Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
JFC
Oct 16, 2003

Jesus F Christ
Finger Lickin' God
I can't find a mod to reset my Perks that doesn't fundamentally alter the Perk system. I just want to reassign them. Any suggestions?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

You can use console commands to add and remove perks.

JFC
Oct 16, 2003

Jesus F Christ
Finger Lickin' God

The Lone Badger posted:

You can use console commands to add and remove perks.

Will I regain the point spent?

Polyseme
Sep 6, 2009

GROUCH DIVISION

JFC posted:

Will I regain the point spent?

If you use the console to remove a perk, just use it to add another one.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/9048/

Lot of standalone radio content here

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
New patch dropped today. Haven't had a chance to play yet, but has anyone confirmed if mods are hosed again?

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

Nexus says no. My inability to load any saves or start a new game says yes.

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

Some might be, but I've been playing with the beta for a while now and many of them have been updated already (Armorsmith Extended, etc.) The only issue I've had thus far is that the registers from Convenient Stores don't allow the settlers to display the new assignment icons in the construction UI. I'm assuming that will get fixed eventually.

clone on the phone
Aug 5, 2003

This guy keeps his ini config program updated. The one in the OP hasn't been touched since Nov. I haven't used the one in the OP so I don't know if it's good, it's just outdated.

http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/102/

LumberingTroll
Sep 9, 2007

Really it's not because
I don't like you...
A lot of things in the op are out of date, I've been waiting for the scene to settle down a little, a lot of the modders have already given up, and their projects didnt progress any further (see ssex for example)I'll be updating the op soonish.

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

but i dont wanna be a spaceship
Fun Shoe

LumberingTroll posted:

A lot of things in the op are out of date, I've been waiting for the scene to settle down a little, a lot of the modders have already given up, and their projects didnt progress any further (see ssex for example)I'll be updating the op soonish.

I'll dump a list and links of the utility (ui, building/crafting) type stuff I use, also getting a little closer to making a guide to getting rid of stuff via fo4edit in mega bloated mods like homemaker, or that crazy guy, ddproductions or whatev.
when I have figured out the menu structure of crafting.

LumberingTroll
Sep 9, 2007

Really it's not because
I don't like you...
Im currently using over 100 mods, I planned to add them to the list.

Doctor Borris
May 29, 2014

Sometimes Serious.
Sometimes Satirical.
Never Ever Sarcastic.
Ever.
I would love a mod that punches power armor in the face.
Among the many WTF moments this game delivers was how insane the stats on the power armor I found in a grandma's attic were. They were set for some kind of game other then fallout 4 I think?
From a purely armor standpoint, a combat breastplate and a power armor chest made from the same metal are light years different in protection. I hate how the game feels like power armor is such a rediculously better choice, especially for those brawl style missions.
Power armor could be good for rads or have strength bonuses for heavy weapons, but it's insane armor level makes no sense and hurts my brain. Maybe power armor should be awesome vs gas or fragment grenades, but it seriously needs a face punch.

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011
I'm not sure why you think steel plated combat armor should be anywhere near as protective as like 3 inch thick literal tank armor.

Kenlon
Jun 27, 2003

Digitus Impudicus
I've got a weird problem. I have a pretty long list of mods, and everything's been working fine. I did run into an issue that made me want to temporarily disable Spring Cleaning because it was preventing the Repairable Sanctuary mod from replacing the busted up houses.

Unfortunately. if I disable the mod in NMM and start the game, it crashes. It doesn't crash when I try to load a game or anything, which would make sense - it crashes before loading the opening menu. What the gently caress.

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

Kenlon posted:

I've got a weird problem. I have a pretty long list of mods, and everything's been working fine. I did run into an issue that made me want to temporarily disable Spring Cleaning because it was preventing the Repairable Sanctuary mod from replacing the busted up houses.

Unfortunately. if I disable the mod in NMM and start the game, it crashes. It doesn't crash when I try to load a game or anything, which would make sense - it crashes before loading the opening menu. What the gently caress.

Sounds like a missing master. Run FO4Edit see what, if any, errors pop up.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Nasgate posted:

I'm not sure why you think steel plated combat armor should be anywhere near as protective as like 3 inch thick literal tank armor.

I do think it'd be cool for them to be a bit more like tanks. Like bonuses to heavy weapons and maybe a bit more ponderous.

WAY TO GO WAMPA!!
Oct 27, 2007

:slick: :slick: :slick: :slick:
I sort of figured that power armor would be exclusively for combat before I played the game, like you couldn't access terminals or pick locks. Would be neat if npcs were weary of interacting with you. But that sounds more of an annoyance than anything, like having an extra set of cha-clothing for speech checks.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
There are afew terminals you can't access in power armor because it requires sitting in a little chair and the game won't allow that, so all it really does is make you sit through the getting in/getting out animation to use the terminal, which is annoying.

I think a overhaul mod should probably just get rid of +charisma on all clothing, but should also come with a overhaul of speech checks too.

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

but i dont wanna be a spaceship
Fun Shoe

hobbesmaster posted:

I do think it'd be cool for them to be a bit more like tanks. Like bonuses to heavy weapons and maybe a bit more ponderous.

With a few mods, they can be ridiculously fast, however.
Giving them a bonus to heavies, and taking away the ability to use anything but heavy weapons, (aside from maybe assault rifles & top tier melee, due to their metal sausage fingers) , might be an idea.
Sure, you practically start the game with Power Armor & a minigun, but making ammo scarce nullifies the gun, the game does throw a lot of those fusion batteries at you, if you made those a lot rarer, but added the ability for them to be recharged over a couple of days, might change the playstyle from wearing power armor all the time apart from sleeping or crafting.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

My thinking was to make it impossible to lock pick but allow bashing which would destroy some or all of the items inside depending on what it is. No idea how hard the bashing implementation would be (obviously it needs scripting). Terminals could perhaps be accessed on your HUD? Maybe require a misc item? Some areas do require you to get through novice or unlocked doors and terminals so you do have to have a way to access them.

I kind of imagined a gatling laser or mini gun to be almost like a part of the power armor. Like you could "equip" it to the power armor when you're not in it and when you are in it it doesn't contribute to carry weight.

I might play with it after the GECK is released, this would all obviously require scripting.

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

the stupid poo poo done with papyrus for skyrim means that when the F4CK hits we might eventually have a lot of Bypassing Crap and possibly a workable UI during build mode, but I won't count on something like that appearing in a timely fashion, have to wait for people to get bored with loverslab extensions to body replacers

changing up the perk list will require someone being able to animate art assets or at least vault mascot stills as well. kind of wish the perk system wasn't as cramped as it is, though.

Gobblecoque
Sep 6, 2011

Doctor Borris posted:

I would love a mod that punches power armor in the face.
Among the many WTF moments this game delivers was how insane the stats on the power armor I found in a grandma's attic were. They were set for some kind of game other then fallout 4 I think?
From a purely armor standpoint, a combat breastplate and a power armor chest made from the same metal are light years different in protection. I hate how the game feels like power armor is such a rediculously better choice, especially for those brawl style missions.
Power armor could be good for rads or have strength bonuses for heavy weapons, but it's insane armor level makes no sense and hurts my brain. Maybe power armor should be awesome vs gas or fragment grenades, but it seriously needs a face punch.

If this is your first Fallout game then it might have come as a shock but power armor has pretty much always been enormously powerful. There's not really anything off with power armor here and it should also be noted that armor level (if I remember correctly) has diminishing returns so while it is quite a bit more protection than other stuff it's not absurdly strong.

If it really bugs you that much then just don't use it. Fallout 4 is a pretty easy game and plenty of people don't use power armor anyway because of the decreased mobility and UI preferences.

7seven7
May 19, 2006

I barfed because you looked in my eyes!
I'm having a real rough time trying to get OCDecorator to work. I only really wanted the game for the purpose of building a house and decorating it with the loot I find. But it's been my experience that whenever I drop and position items within a settlement they'll go flying around the room once I load in to the cell. So I thought OCDecorator would be a good solution, but it crashes to desktop every time I scroll to the workbenches section of the settlements menu.

This is my load order:

GameMode=Fallout4

Fallout4.esm=1
ArmorKeywords.esm=1
SettlementKeywords.esm=1
LegendaryAllDifficulties10000x.esp=1
OCDecorator.esp=0
OCDispenser.esp=0
Safe SSEx.esp=1
Armorsmith Extended.esp=1
WeaponRacks.esp=1
WeaponRacks-Tools-Vanilla.esp=1
WeaponRacks-Weapons-Vanilla.esp=1

I've tried playing around with the order and I've tried loading OCD on its own, without SSEx or the other mods in various combinations and I still have the same result every time. There's not a whole lot of mods on my game, so I'm confused as to what could be wrong. The only thing I've really noticed is that some of my SSEx items are visible twice in its menus. And that I can't find any of the usable weapon racks in any of the menus. Am I just out of luck until the GECK comes along?

Saint Sputnik
Apr 1, 2007

Tyrannosaurs in P-51 Volkswagens!
Updated my Cap and Mask mod again to add five variations on the Field Scribe hat with goggles. I removed the stupid bit that covers the rest of your head and neck.

http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/8836/

e:

Kenlon
Jun 27, 2003

Digitus Impudicus

The Iron Rose posted:

Sounds like a missing master. Run FO4Edit see what, if any, errors pop up.

Turns out I had missed the fact that I had a compatibility esp for Spring Cleaning and NX Pro Farming still enabled - thanks!

And now I have nice, repairable houses!

Corzen
Dec 2, 2006

This is bullshit! Try again.
Looks like the Nexus Intimidation Brigade went full hissy-fit on this poor guy:

http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/9258/

The overwrought and absurd need for this apology is rather quite disturbing. Guy made an honest mistake and is now REQUIRED to advertise this fumble on his own mod page in order to stay publishing?

And here's a few gems from the comments section of the rear end in a top hat who's mod assets were mistakenly used:

Dipshit 1 posted:

Just popping in to say Thank You for allowing Skibadaa's IF-88 shotgun a continued existence.

As opposed to its complete annihilation?

Dipshit 2 posted:

Once again, Great job, I have been using the 10mm submachine gun constantly and the sniper looks great. I saw that you were a true gentleman with Skibadaa, the loss of the IF-88 shotgun would have been heart breaking. So thanks again.

What an upstanding modder to show such mercy.

Dipshit 3 posted:

Wow!
If it weren't for skibadaa's humble pie post I would never have seen this gem! I cannot wait to play with these in game. Very nice stuff I must say! I tend to be Mr. Modhappy but this looks to be the best yet.
Thanks for all your work on this.

The Apology helped me find my inner boot-licker!

So, an honest mistake was made in using what seemed to be vanilla game assets for making a new standalone shotgun mod. However, in order to avoid banishment, a public apology must be made in big stupid letters on the offending modder's own mod page. It reads like someone whose been beaten and has to beg mercy or suffer worse.

Sometimes I hate you Nexus. I really loving do. And I wish there were some other repository that was more sane with as wide a selection. gently caress you Nexus. gently caress you right in the asset.

Corzen fucked around with this message at 14:26 on Feb 3, 2016

Talkie Toaster
Jan 23, 2006
May contain carcinogens
Worst thing is this is an improvement. At least he wasn't banned. And they added new features to the forum software to let the DDProductions guy get a posting ban rather than ban him entirely when he went nuts there.

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
the nexus basically:

gasman
Mar 21, 2013

hey now

Talkie Toaster posted:

Worst thing is this is an improvement. At least he wasn't banned. And they added new features to the forum software to let the DDProductions guy get a posting ban rather than ban him entirely when he went nuts there.

What was that about? I follow all his mods, but didn't hear about that.
I love dramas in the modding world.

gasman fucked around with this message at 19:43 on Feb 3, 2016

Inverness
Feb 4, 2009

Fully configurable personal assistant.

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

I think a overhaul mod should probably just get rid of +charisma on all clothing
I'm not sure why people want to do this.

It makes perfect sense that wearing nicer clothing makes you more charismatic to others.

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Inverness posted:

I'm not sure why people want to do this.

It makes perfect sense that wearing nicer clothing makes you more charismatic to others.

Plus stepping out of your power armor dressed to the nines is slick as heck. Especially with ballistic weave.

Talkie Toaster
Jan 23, 2006
May contain carcinogens

gasman posted:

What was that about? I follow all his mods, but didn't hear about that.
I love dramas in the modding world.

DDProductions83 posted:

Thread: I'm back, and I still f***ing hate the f***ing world
I can probably just save myself most of a rant and just post
f*** EVERYONE
Seriously, I missed out on all the TITTAYYYYS OMG TITTAYS MORE TITTAYS MORE TITTAYS!!!!
It's not nexusmods its TITTAYMODS
Basically he's just (legit) angry at the userbase and other modders but expresses it like, uh, a crazy person. Constantly. Even after being probated for it.

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Outstanding afternoon. "I've often said there's nothing better for the inside of a man than the outside of a horse."

I wonder what it's like to type like that... Or be like that... Or not

JainDoh
Nov 5, 2002

If no money is changing hands, particularly beyond meager donations... why the gently caress would you say 'I released this thing, for free, to the public... but NOBODY use it! Or at least contact me directly and get consent'?

The most i can ever see myself saying is "use whatever, please credit me". Thank god paid modding failed, these people are the last people who deserve to make a living off their hobby. This is why.

gasman
Mar 21, 2013

hey now

Talkie Toaster posted:

Basically he's just (legit) angry at the userbase and other modders but expresses it like, uh, a crazy person. Constantly. Even after being probated for it.

Ok, that's just :yikes:

That gives his mod descriptions a whole new dimension.

LumberingTroll
Sep 9, 2007

Really it's not because
I don't like you...

Talkie Toaster posted:

That guys is loving crazy and he acts like "banning" you from his files is some awesome punishment. You can just log in using a different free account and download them. His poo poo is useful but its not amazing.

Tony Montana
Aug 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Are there any good pre-made houses yet? In Skyrim there were some great choices that would appear in an empty bit of land, have a fast travel marker and have everything you'd want in there. I like building, I guess, I'd prefer just a pimp pad with everything already thought out and then use the building system to adjust it to the perfect way I want.

A steaming pool in the middle surrounded by hot women is always a positive.

FadedReality
Sep 5, 2007

Okurrrr?
I know its not a new sentiment but I just love how I take a month break from looking at Fallout 4 stuff and Armorsmith Extended's description literally went from

quote:

This mod does five things.

to

quote:

This mod does ten things.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZigZag
Aug 1, 2004

Good reactions etc..
Is there a mod that gets rid of the dog? Or replaces it with a cat, molerat or just anything thats not a dog?

• Locked thread