Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
misguided rage
Jun 15, 2010

:shepface:God I fucking love Diablo 3 gold, it even paid for this shitty title:shepface:

Vermain posted:

It's a GypsyLord champion. Aside from Gnar (which was a collaboration), he has yet to make a champion that actually goes in the lane he intended for them. Mid-lane AP Assassin Ekko's strongest play/build path for the longest time was as a loving tanky jungler.
Eh. He was primarily mid on release, it took a lot of tweaks and item changes for him to end up as a tanky jungler.

And while I do think they expected Vi to lane more than she does you're not gonna convince me that they didn't design her as a jungler.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darth Windu
Mar 17, 2009

by Smythe
New when is cool

Darth Windu
Mar 17, 2009

by Smythe
I mean shen
How do I build him tho? Like old Shen with sunfire?

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate

Servaetes posted:

Jinx and Vi weren't intended to be jungle and adc respectively?????

vi was supposed to be a top laner at first lol

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?
I swore she was advertised as a jungler but there's plenty of examples of a champion advertised as a X and got played in Y

Tyty
Feb 20, 2012

Night-vision Goggles Equipped!

A lot of midlaners end up as supports I noticed. notably the obvious Brand/Zyra/Vel'Koz.

Lux was supposed to be "like morgana but more supporty" and her champ spotlight shows her duo botlane with garen too, though that was before the traditional ranged ADC+Support meta in botlane right?

Darth Windu
Mar 17, 2009

by Smythe
I wish mana stats on items were changed to energy if you buy them on an energy champ. Ibg would be really good on Shen I bet

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

"Either Sonic is God, or could kill God, and I do not care if there is a difference!"

College Slice

misguided rage posted:

Eh. He was primarily mid on release, it took a lot of tweaks and item changes for him to end up as a tanky jungler.

I dunno, I bought him when he came out and after like one or two games taking him mid, I went only jungle with him and did significantly better. It was especially hilarious when his W gave you vision AS SOON as you casted it, so you could basically use it as a blue trinket.

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

You have to say I can open my presents
So uh. What keystone do you pick on Jhin. They're all bad.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

The Mash posted:

When in doubt, thunderlord.

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

The Mash posted:

Warlord's bloodlust, right?

foutre
Sep 4, 2011

:toot: RIP ZEEZ :toot:

Sexpansion posted:

Oh poo poo, that makes a lot of sense, yeah.

curiousCat
Sep 23, 2012

Does this look like the face of mercy, kupo?

Sexpansion posted:

This game was a lesson in how not to build end-game Lux and I apologize:

I think there are two obvious mistakes with this build, can you spot them?

My take: Athene's should have been Morellonomicon against all those tanks, and Zhonya's probably should have gotten swapped for LIandry's.

Athene's is much better lategame than Morello against non-healing teams purely from the chalice passive helping to keep your mana up through your costly spells
Liandry's is not very good with Lux.
FQC is very good as a rush but lategame if you have the cash you should be selling it and getting CDR from another source if you still need it.

Personally I've been running 10% scaling CDR blues, going with 35% CDR lategame after I sell FQC, 45% if I've got a blue buff. That leaves an two slots for Zhonya's/Luden's/Mejai's and possibly a defensive item to go with Hat, Void, Athene's, Sorcs core.

henkman
Oct 8, 2008

Sexpansion posted:

Warlord's Bloodlust is awful on everyone except like 2 champions, I can't imagine it's better Thunderlords

Flappy Bert
Dec 11, 2011

I have seen the light, and it is a string

The Mash posted:

A guy I play with is trying Stormraiders and it seems to work pretty well.

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

Stormraider's Surge is a pretty good keystone for anybody with burst damage in the mid to late game, with the caveat that you have to be willing to pretty much give up your mastery entirely in the early game.

I run it on Nasus if I think I've got an easy-ish farm lane. :getin:

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
hey can someone smarter than me run the numbers on efficiency of ad runes vs as runes on jhin

Mystery Prize
Nov 7, 2010
Tahm's nerfs did almost nothing, he is still an unkillable piece of poo poo with infuriating amounts of CC:argh:

His Q is really stupid; it comes out really fast, and the hitbox is way bigger than it looks.

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

You have to say I can open my presents
Jhin trip report: It's like playing Jinx. Insane late game damage but you won't be doing that damage in yolo queue because noone peels.

el dingo
Mar 19, 2009

Ogres are like onions

Darth Windu posted:

I mean shen
How do I build him tho? Like old Shen with sunfire?

I watched a youtube fella starting dorans blade, built titanic hydra first, then sunfire followed by a maw and he was wrecking it. I got bored soon after but I imagine after those you would get DMP and whatever.

Guessing you'd take grasp for keystone.

I wish his sword actually did at least a small portion of damage when it passes through people, I keep finding myself positioning it so that I hit multiple champs. Looks cool but achieves nothing. Also it should make a totally cool sound when it hits people

el dingo fucked around with this message at 23:12 on Feb 1, 2016

K8.0
Feb 26, 2004

Her Majesty's 56th Regiment of Foot

Luna Was Here posted:

hey can someone smarter than me run the numbers on efficiency of ad runes vs as runes on jhin

Straight AD is significantly superior for Jhin at level 1 and probably stays ahead for all builds you will actually do on him. The level 1 advantage alone is big enough I wouldn't consider anything else.

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

The Mash posted:

Jhin trip report: It's like playing Jinx. Insane late game damage but you won't be doing that damage in yolo queue because noone peels.

To quote a Master Yi player I ended up with (when I informed him I was peeling for our carry), "peeling is for friend of the family faggots. be a man. human being".

I'd say he wins that debate pretty handily. :smugdog:

Mikujin
May 25, 2010

(also a lightning rod)

Tales of Yolo Queue~ posted:

You are now in a chat room with your full champion select team.

(I am the jungler. I hover over Udyr.)

sweet heart 520: can I jg?
sweet heart 520: i will carry
Mikujin: no thanks I don't want top
sweet heart 520 bans Udyr.
sweert heart 520: ok now give me jungle
Mikujin: this isn't rocket science

Riot fixed all the problems with solo queue with this new innovative system that does nothing. Why have hover picks if your team can still ban them? :riot:

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

Mikujin posted:

Riot fixed all the problems with solo queue with this new innovative system that does nothing. Why have hover picks if your team can still ban them? :riot:

The alternative would be just as rife for trolling. Guy who is last pick hovers flavor of the month insta-ban champion, now it can't be banned and the other team gets it free.

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

JHU

Just Hover Urgot

henkman
Oct 8, 2008

Mikujin posted:

Because maybe you don't want to chance the guy who's last pick hovering over a contested power will get it before the enemy team's first pick

el dingo
Mar 19, 2009

Ogres are like onions

Mikujin posted:

Maybe you've just lost 4 games on the trot, you join a new game and your jungler declares their intention to pick Lux. You better believe I'm banning Lux

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Mystery Prize posted:

Tahm's nerfs did almost nothing, he is still an unkillable piece of poo poo with infuriating amounts of CC:argh:

Except that now he seems to fall off super hard lategame. Or maybe the Tahm I faced just sucked.

Support Nunu owns guys, you should all play him. Zz'rot all day, every day.

Mikujin
May 25, 2010

(also a lightning rod)

Ultimately it didn't matter and we crushed hard before 20 anyways (I fed our Ryze which is always a good idea) but it still annoys me that this new and improved system is just slow and bloated and solves zero problems.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

Mikujin posted:

New system doesn't stop assholes.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
Support Nunu doesn't sound like a good idea unless you plan on spending the first 15 minutes of the game last-hitting under your own tower

archduke.iago
Mar 1, 2011

Nostalgia used to be so much better.

Darth Windu posted:

I wish mana stats on items were changed to energy if you buy them on an energy champ. Ibg would be really good on Shen I bet

Energy's insane regen rate is balanced by not being able to increase the pool size. If you could buy more maximum energy there would be no point in playing mana champions.

blah_blah
Apr 15, 2006

Darth Windu posted:

That's literally the tradeoff you get for playing an energy champ, getting to mindlessly spam your skills in lane and never having to worry about scaling items like Seraph's/RoA/Muramana but being somewhat gated by energy costs in lategame whereas champs with gigantic mana pools don't care at all.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

RealFoxy posted:

Support Nunu doesn't sound like a good idea unless you plan on spending the first 15 minutes of the game last-hitting under your own tower

Maybe you don't understand greatness. :colbert:

henkman
Oct 8, 2008
Nunu support hasn't been good in a really long time

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I can't think of a single meaningful thing Nunu brings to a lane. You'd get a quick dragon if you could somehow push someone out of lane I guess?

henkman
Oct 8, 2008
Blood boil on your carry/snowball on the enemy carry is better than some champions could bring to bot lane. But you could also play him in the jungle and do the same thing

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

He enables pretty solid trades I guess? But I'd rather have like Sona or Janna for that.

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

You guys are making GBS threads on support Nunu but check out them incredible stats on 125+ games as support Nunu on champion.gg...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Servaetes posted:

You guys are making GBS threads on support Nunu but check out them incredible stats on 125+ games as support Nunu on champion.gg...
what the gently caress

• Locked thread