Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ghost Hand
Aug 10, 2004

Rampant 40k Fanboy

DrPop posted:

I think the Headhunters look cool. Also.

Forge World I will edit your copy for free if you send me plastic dolls.

The fangs over the faces on the helmets look amazing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~
I dig their tacticool knives and scale armor too. Those are some really nice looking minis. Also the grammar's correct you nerds. Destroy the heart of the army that belongs to your enemy. Apostrophes are for possessives.

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Nah, either the comma or and should be there, but not both. :colbert:
I've always noticed FW crams a bunch more commas in their writing than they should. This isn't a new phenomenon.

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
The comma is ok as a stylistic choice, but it's sow dissent, not sow descent

hth

Hixson
Mar 27, 2009

Washing black is a cool trick. Glad to see you posting again Richyp

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer

WhiskeyJuvenile posted:

The comma is ok as a stylistic choice, but it's sow dissent, not sow descent

hth

That was never in question.

koreban
Apr 4, 2008

I guess we all learned that trying to get along is way better than p. . .player hatin'.
Fun Shoe

Need some opinions on the shade of purple to use for my emperors children. I did up two models quickly, just for testing and proof of concept.

I'm tempted to go with the lighter shade because it shows off details better, but the darker one is such a rich color, it's hard to say no.

Opinions?

Sulecrist
Apr 5, 2007

Better tear off this bar association logo.

Safety Factor posted:

That was never in question.

The comma is appropriate because it's imperative, so "you" is implied as the noun before each verb: "[You s]ow d[iss]ent, and [you] destroy the heart of your enemy's army."

I listen to After Ullanor, The Overlords, The Imperial Truth, and of course The Independent Characters. Are there any other good 30k podcasts I should listen to?

Sulecrist fucked around with this message at 22:32 on Jan 30, 2016

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Matter of fact, I'm salty now.

koreban posted:

Need some opinions on the shade of purple to use for my emperors children. I did up two models quickly, just for testing and proof of concept.

I'm tempted to go with the lighter shade because it shows off details better, but the darker one is such a rich color, it's hard to say no.

Opinions?

I like the lighter one, and its probably closer to what I'd use for Emperor's Children, but I'd use black where you have the white (much more like the Emperor's Children in 40k). The white looks nice with the darker purple, which is I think closer to how they look in the first HH book.

Can you go with something in the middle? The richness of the darker one is amazing

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
maybe a blue wash somewhere in the purple recipe?

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

koreban posted:

Opinions?

That rich purple all the way. The lighter purple doesn't provide the same contrast to the gold and white.

koreban
Apr 4, 2008

I guess we all learned that trying to get along is way better than p. . .player hatin'.
Fun Shoe

Recoome posted:

I like the lighter one, and its probably closer to what I'd use for Emperor's Children, but I'd use black where you have the white (much more like the Emperor's Children in 40k). The white looks nice with the darker purple, which is I think closer to how they look in the first HH book.

Can you go with something in the middle? The richness of the darker one is amazing

I should clarify, this will be for 30k Emperor's children. I've just got about 50 marines from press-fit sprues that GW sent my LGS for a painting demo day that I use for test models.

richyp
Dec 2, 2004

Grumpy old man

koreban posted:

Opinions?

I like the light one because the shading is more subtle, but I'm casting my vote for the darker purple. I'd be tempted to use a slightly darker first highlight colour too on the darker one, then use the current lighter highlight to make the transition more subtle like the lighter version (It could also be the camera making the highlights looking more stronger than they actually are).

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Matter of fact, I'm salty now.

koreban posted:

I should clarify, this will be for 30k Emperor's children. I've just got about 50 marines from press-fit sprues that GW sent my LGS for a painting demo day that I use for test models.

I know, I'm saying that black is also an appropriate stylistic choice for 30k Emperor's Children. You probably wouldn't go full black, but a very dark grey so you could highlight it, it would look like the "platinum" armour bits on the EC drawing in HH:1

Germ
May 7, 2013

koreban posted:

Opinions?

I think the darker one looks fantastic. Very rich, very dramatic, and EC all the way. the lighter one looks too Easter-eggish.

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Sulecrist posted:

The comma is appropriate because it's imperative, so "you" is implied as the noun before each verb: "[You s]ow d[iss]ent, and [you] destroy the heart of your enemy's army."
This is complete bullshit and you know it.

krursk
Sep 11, 2001

Your anguish sustains me.
I've spent one whole day assembling a single damnable tank and I'm still not done. The Spartan is a rotten bastard to put together, the hull just won't go flush no matter what I do. Why couldn't those plastic kit rumours be true?!

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007

krursk posted:

I've spent one whole day assembling a single damnable tank and I'm still not done. The Spartan is a rotten bastard to put together, the hull just won't go flush no matter what I do. Why couldn't those plastic kit rumours be true?!

Please look forward to the Mastodon.
e. And I vote for the dark purple. Dark purple + stark white is hnnngh.

Karandras
Apr 27, 2006

Wait, the headhunter kill team have BS5 and preferred enemy Infantry, so they hit on a 2+ and reroll 1's, so why do they have combi-bolters?

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010

krursk posted:

Holy poo poo those tracks :gonk:

Killer_Bees!
Dec 25, 2005

I, for one, welcome
our new insect overlords.
Buglord

Sulecrist posted:

I listen to After Ullanor, The Overlords, The Imperial Truth, and of course The Independent Characters. Are there any other good 30k podcasts I should listen to?

Eye of Horus podcast is everything we Aussie love about a podcast, drinking, bad language, and fantastic topical divergence, but seriously it's pretty ace.

BirdieBedtime
Apr 1, 2011

Karandras posted:

Wait, the headhunter kill team have BS5 and preferred enemy Infantry, so they hit on a 2+ and reroll 1's, so why do they have combi-bolters?

:iiam:

Supposedly when asked about how dumb it was, Alan Bligh responded something like 'the player's don't get the depth of the rules.' Which sounds to me more like 'I don't know how this game works.'

Sulecrist
Apr 5, 2007

Killer_Bees! posted:

Eye of Horus podcast is everything we Aussie love about a podcast, drinking, bad language, and fantastic topical divergence, but seriously it's pretty ace.

Yeah I found this yesterday. My wife ran upstairs at one point because she thought I was weeping, but I had actually just reached a sequence where they were talking about sperm whales and how many rat-sized cats Rogal Dorn could handle while buried up to his neck. Long story short it's perfect (at least for me).

Sulecrist
Apr 5, 2007

Karandras posted:

Land speeders and bikes?

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo

Karandras posted:

Gives them rerolls on Overwatch, off the top of my head.

Lord Twisted
Apr 3, 2010

In the Emperor's name, let none survive.

Killer_Bees! posted:

I second the Eye of Horus. I write in semi-regularly to them and they seem to have adopted some sort of frat bro voice for all my emails.

Endman
May 18, 2010

That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even anime may die

I had a spare marine, so I thought I'd try out the Blood Angels colour scheme to see if I prefer it to Ultras:

:stare: So drat red. I love it.

Hencoe
Sep 4, 2012

MY LIFE GOAL IS TO STICK A FLESHLIGHT INTO THE END OF A HOWITZER AND FUCK THE SHIT OUT OF IT
What should I tell my friend who does nothing but bitch about his death guard, how they are just a massive disappointment down to their Primarch.
Other than bitch less.

Endman
May 18, 2010

That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even anime may die

Death Guard seem pretty cool to me, tell him to lighten up.

Unlike Mortarion :v:

Germ
May 7, 2013

Round two of test-models for my Raven Guard, cross-posted from the Oath thread. I need to get cleaner, but it's getting there.

muggins
Mar 3, 2008

I regard the death and mangling of a couple thousand toy soldiers as a small affair, a kind of morning dash

Lord Twisted posted:

I second the Eye of Horus. I write in semi-regularly to them and they seem to have adopted some sort of frat bro voice for all my emails.

EoH is so good. It has revitalized my interest in Warhammer

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

I just had the most ideal game of Warhammer 30,000. Nobody had any fun, Hixson and I didn't know what the mission was until the last turn of the game, and we were all mad at the end. On the plus side, at least no models were smashed and Bulbasaur only sort of hated the pizza we got!

ro5s
Dec 27, 2012

A happy little mouse!

Hencoe posted:

What should I tell my friend who does nothing but bitch about his death guard, how they are just a massive disappointment down to their Primarch.
Other than bitch less.

Endure.

koreban
Apr 4, 2008

Fun Shoe

Hencoe posted:

Other than bitch less.

Tell him to get good.

Stanyer89
Aug 4, 2012

panascope posted:

I just had the most ideal game of Warhammer 30,000. Nobody had any fun, Hixson and I didn't know what the mission was until the last turn of the game, and we were all mad at the end. On the plus side, at least no models were smashed and Bulbasaur only sort of hated the pizza we got!

First time I have ever seen someone get salty over winning. It was a glorious defeat.

The Sex Cannon
Nov 22, 2004

Eh. I'm pretty content with my current logo.

Germ posted:

Round two of test-models for my Raven Guard, cross-posted from the Oath thread. I need to get cleaner, but it's getting there.

These look great. I have aspirations of doing 30k Raven Guard, and the models you've been posting are giving me a hankerin' somethin' fierce.

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007
'ere we go

loving.

Finally.

Stanyer89
Aug 4, 2012

Mango Polo posted:

'ere we go

loving.

Finally.

TBA 2018

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

Highlight of our game was a souped up blood angle chaplain in artificer armor with a photonic blade failing to cause any wounds at all and instead getting killed by my praetor with lightning claws in one round of combat. Traitor supremacy bitch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghost Hand
Aug 10, 2004

Rampant 40k Fanboy

Pierzak posted:

Holy poo poo those tracks :gonk:

The new kits are much easier. The tracks are all one piece with the side.