Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Takoluka posted:

If you get good enough, you can represent women's personal space AND beat up street dudes.

It's a learning experience.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

I meant "respect", why the hell did i type "represent"

the vita thread makes me type bad

buy uppers

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
uppers looks fun and when i buy it some day in the distant future i'm gonna play as the cute girl wearing a cat hoodie

Renoistic
Jul 27, 2007

Everyone has a
guardian angel.

Dehry posted:

Atelier Shallie is a fun game. The Vita version is actually going to have a better ending.

Also Ayesha shows up! I'm still peeved she didn't in the PS3 version. We got Escha and Solle but not Ayesha? It's nuts.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I sort of liked the idea that Ayesha became this mysterious wandering figure who everyone spoke about in awed whispers to be honest. It was the funniest part of E&L after playing Ayesha where out of context she sounds like a genius super-criminal who rocked everyone's world and then rode off into the sunset when in actuality she probably is just off smoking weed and crafting inexplicably powerful bombs.

Forest Thief Pud
Dec 26, 2011
It's Ayesha, so she's definitely not prioritizing bomb-building in the basement. She's probably working on creating super weed, an immortality elixir or something in those styles.

Renoistic posted:

Also Ayesha shows up! I'm still peeved she didn't in the PS3 version. We got Escha and Solle but not Ayesha? It's nuts.

Hey, at least Ayesha doesn't show up as an 8 year old because Keith's got a dumb desire and/or fetish. That has to count for something.

Renoistic
Jul 27, 2007

Everyone has a
guardian angel.
I've heard people joke about Ayesha and weed, but after playing the Dusk games and getting all but one of Ayesha's endings I've still no idea what that's all about. Googling is giving me nothing. Could anyone explain the joke? I do remember her floating around in a dream talking to her ghost sister but that's the most out there thing I can recall.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Renoistic posted:

I've heard people joke about Ayesha and weed, but after playing the Dusk games and getting all but one of Ayesha's endings I've still no idea what that's all about. Googling is giving me nothing. Could anyone explain the joke? I do remember her floating around in a dream talking to her ghost sister but that's the most out there thing I can recall.

She gets Keith to smoke "herbs" instead of regular cigs.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Renoistic posted:

Ayesha is spacey and flighty and convinces people to smoke medical herbs instead of cigarettes.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

I was gonna buy Digimon this week but this current firmware thing has completely hosed the battery life of my vita and I don't want to deal with charging it every goddamn day.

I should never have posted about how good the battery was.

Renoistic
Jul 27, 2007

Everyone has a
guardian angel.

ImpAtom posted:

Ayesha is spacey and flighty and convinces people to smoke medical herbs instead of cigarettes.

Motto posted:

She gets Keith to smoke "herbs" instead of regular cigs.

Ahhh, OK got it, thanks. Yeah, she's pretty much the chillest character in a very chill series. Only time she gets upset is when her friends suggest such unspeakable things such as using armor instead of designer dresses.

Fru Fru
Sep 14, 2007
We're gonna need a bigger boat...and some water.

MAKE WAY NEW STARS posted:

I was gonna buy Digimon this week but this current firmware thing has completely hosed the battery life of my vita and I don't want to deal with charging it every goddamn day.

I should never have posted about how good the battery was.

I was also gonna buy it but I can't connect to the store still. I think someone here said that the battery drain was being caused by wifi. I leave mine in airplane mode all the time unless I am using the store and haven't had any battery problems so maybe try that if you are lucky enough to be able to download it in the first place.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
PSN is apparently down today, according to the trending news items list on Facebook.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
So when does Breath of Fire 3 come to the online store in the US? I would've thought it'd happen almost instantly since it's just a matter of setting up the store page on account of it's already being sold in the EU.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

What's the ETA on Sony fixing the borked vita firmware? Half past never?

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

They haven't even publicly acknowledged there's a problem yet.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon

The White Dragon posted:

So when does Breath of Fire 3 come to the online store in the US? I would've thought it'd happen almost instantly since it's just a matter of setting up the store page on account of it's already being sold in the EU.

Wondering the same. Hour one buy!

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I've got too many fuckin' games to play this week.

Admittedly it's basically just "what can distract me until XCOM 2 comes out" but still.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Sega's celebrating Twin Tails day. You should, too.

e: while Miku always wins, they aren't showcasing her alone specifically.

Saoshyant fucked around with this message at 01:14 on Feb 2, 2016

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

I will celebrate by putting my hair in twintails

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

Let's cuddle. :3:

⌒゚(・∀・)゚⌒

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
well, if it's twin tail day, i guess i really do have to finish trails in the sky sc

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

The Colonel posted:

well, if it's twin tail day, i guess i really do have to finish trails in the sky sc

Time's a wastin'.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Maybe I'll finally play Tales of Symphonia + Graces f which I bought on sale like two years ago + never started

oblomov
Jun 20, 2002

Meh... #overrated

The Colonel posted:

Well, I am only on Ch3 of Cold Steel, going to get it done (Ch3 that is). Separately Digimon reminds me a bit of Persona so I will probably just get the Vita digital version tomorrow to add to that backlog.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

Sega went Team Alicia.

Falcom went Team Estelle.

Cave went... some Dodonpachi characters I have no idea who they are.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

⌒゚(σ_σ)゚⌒

lets hang out fucked around with this message at 03:26 on Feb 2, 2016

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

lets hang out posted:

⌒゚(σ_σ)゚⌒

JackDarko
Sep 30, 2009

"Amala, I've got a chainsaw on my arm. I'll be fine."
Is it typical for a PS4/VITA game to not show up in the store for digital pre-order, and only be available for purchase upon release? Can't find Digimon Cyber Sleuth in any menu.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

they only put special snowflake games (the ones with lots of marketing) up for preorder

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon
I honestly can't remember the last time they put up a Vita game for pre-order, but then, all I buy for it these days are falcom rpg's, indie platformers, and psx re-releases.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

lets hang out posted:

⌒゚(σ_σ)゚⌒

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

quote:

But part of what makes [Senran Kagura] stand out from some other similar titles is that, odd as it might seem, the storytelling – independent of the fanservice – respects the characters deeply. It cheers for their victories, salutes their resolve, applauds their cleverness, laughs along with their jokes, and sympathizes with their troubles. As a localizer, it’s on me to make sure all of that comes through in the English script, and to make it clear that, for all the creative camera angles and jiggle physics – “like two angry jellyfish having a fight in a rubber blouse,” as one reviewer put it – there are hearts and minds behind those angry jellyfish.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Well, the Senran thread has a new title.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

he's right

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Endorph posted:

he's right

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
I mean, he's not wrong, but a lot of people seem kinda rubbed wrong by the more serious parts and deaths and all that due to the high contrast to everything else.

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

part of what makes [senran kagura] stand out is i took, not one or two, but three english courses in college.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

HGH posted:

He's right.

FTFY

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
It's from the latest XSeed localisation blog post, incidentally: http://xseedgames.tumblr.com/post/138508318880/senran-kagura-estival-versus-localization-blog