Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
which sister is best
This poll is closed.
sakura 11 6.96%
hinoka 21 13.29%
camilla 42 26.58%
elise 15 9.49%
im gay (in a nonironic sense) 69 43.67%
Total: 158 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

The Colonel posted:

sega is tweeting tons of twin tails

huh. Happy Twintails Day, I guess.

https://twitter.com/yua_shena/status/694188154669002752

https://twitter.com/rinamini/status/694187531756183552

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

El Burbo posted:

are you the big masochist guy?
I'M namtab

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I can hear stuff falling over and smashing outside in the wind, I hope it wasn't anything important

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Namtab posted:

I'M namtab

yes i know, but are you the big masochist guy?

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

I like this holiday.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

rosa is cool

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

The Colonel posted:

i don't hate klk, but just having it be a fun comedy-action show about ryuko and mako instead of switching gears half way through would have been the superior show

I think the second arc starts out with a lot of steam (school trip is cool as hell. track jacket nonon, the dosh guy, etc.) and hits its peak when Satsuki pulls her coup, but then falls off hard because Ryuko loses her way, again. It felt like the final conflict needed more momentum than they gave it, imo.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

groundless is super tense, more tense than i think ive ever seen a comic be

Parallax
Jan 14, 2006

quote:

When you use a Medaforce Burst to deliver a finishing blow, a command window appears. If you successfully input the command that appears within the time limit, you can blow away the clothes of the opposing Medafighter with a “Hyper Finish.” Special move scenes are being prepared for each Medabot.

new medabot game looking good

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

AnoHito posted:

Done. Enjoy you're chuunis.

Thanks! It's short, too, so I should be able to finish it fine.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

the racist old man is still a dick but he became more sympathetic

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Parallax posted:

bleh

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013

Sakurazuka posted:

I can hear stuff falling over and smashing outside in the wind, I hope it wasn't anything important

I definitely heard some stuff knocking around last night. Then this morning there was an ambulance right outside my house but that's probably just the neighborhood

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

instead of being blandy anime racist hes racist in the way actual old working class people are, and for the same reasons

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

https://twitter.com/koeitecmoeurope/status/694093593322086400?s=09

Weird poll. Fighty shounen stuff doesn't seem like a good fit for GUST for a number of reasons.

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

Parallax posted:

consentual nudty=good

nonconsentual nudity=bad

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Nuddy.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Droyer posted:

consentual nudty=good

nonconsentual nudity=bad

You know what the risks are when you get into a Medabot battle.

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I am the sexiest poster in the world!

Sylphid posted:

Moderate is slightly better item drops, it says. But from the description I would guess experience and Gald are untouched.

Moderate bumps up drop rate, same gald and exp. Hard reduces exp, but give you more Gald, though I have piles of the stuff and no really good end-game shop to spend it in.

Also the drops and skill chance need to be way higher, I couldn't get any real skill combos going late because the gear kept dropping with 1-2 skills on it, no matter what normin I was using.

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

Droyer posted:

consentual nudty=good

nonconsentual nudity=bad

aren't they consenting to the fight and its established terms, though? like in pokemon it's not like you mug everyone you beat... i think.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Sharkopath posted:

instead of being blandy anime racist hes racist in the way actual old working class people are, and for the same reasons

It's good, to have it written like that

Reds
Jun 15, 2015

I sense someone talking about... GUNDAM!

Parallax posted:

was the 2003 Astro Boy series any good, cause it's on Hulu now

I really want to watch it, but the anime gods have deemed that I can't watch the whole thing in Japanese. Far as I know, anyway.

Cyborg 009 is really good too but the only subs available are dubtitles, and only for the first half. And they're dubtitles where they've taken lots of liberties with the script and added extra lines in scenes where nobody is talking whenever they could squeeze them in.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Reds posted:

I really want to watch it, but the anime gods have deemed that I can't watch the whole thing in Japanese. Far as I know, anyway.

Cyborg 009 is really good too but the only subs available are dubtitles, and only for the first half. And they're dubtitles where they've taken lots of liberties with the script and added extra lines in scenes where nobody is talking whenever they could squeeze them in.

Oh they're only streaming it dub only? Lame! That dub chopped it up a bit.

But there is a torrent out there for the subbed version, even tho the second half only has HK subs, bleh

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Srice posted:

It's good, to have it written like that

it doesn't make him any better or less wrong, but having the hatred come from a place of actual bitterness and personal history instead of 'he is racist because he needs to be racist' makes him feel way more like an actual person

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

Srice posted:

Oh they're only streaming it dub only? Lame! That dub chopped it up a bit.

But there is a torrent out there for the subbed version, even tho the second half only has HK subs, bleh

i wish i could tell you about the incredibly epic swedish cyborg 009 dub, but i fear the funny would be difficult to convey

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

El Burbo posted:

yes i know, but are you the big masochist guy?

I'm a sadist

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Sharkopath posted:

it doesn't make him any better or less wrong, but having the hatred come from a place of actual bitterness and personal history instead of 'he is racist because he needs to be racist' makes him feel way more like an actual person

Yeah that goes a long way

It's something I wish more anime/manga would do

Jostiband
May 7, 2007

Srice posted:

I think anime needs more racism

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

*sips carbonated beverage*

*spits out drink* What the!?

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
unfunny games poster: what, it doesn't have enough of it already? :slick:

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

The Colonel posted:

unfunny games poster: what, it doesn't have enough of it already? :slick:

Don't sign your posts

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Namtab posted:

I'm a sadist

acceptable answer

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013

more of this in anime

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~
Whoops, accidentally chose the easy difficulty medley in starlight stage

S'what I get for rushing as soon as I leveled up

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.

Sharkopath posted:

For some reason reading this reminded me of a book I read once, something of a dark comedy, where one of the characters - who was admittedly racist himself - goes on a tirade against other racists because he feels they never give anybody a chance. "His" racism was born from personal experience, living with other people, while "Theirs" was just based off assumptions and presumptions and things they were taught to believe or read in books.

That aside, it's nice when authors make even kinda terrible people human in some way, rather than just bad because they're bad because someone needs to be bad for reasons.

Jostiband
May 7, 2007

Bad Seafood posted:

That aside, it's nice when authors make even kinda terrible people human in some way, rather than just bad because they're bad because someone needs to be bad for reasons.

Uhm, the Hunter thread is over there dude.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Motto posted:

https://twitter.com/koeitecmoeurope/status/694093593322086400?s=09

Weird poll. Fighty shounen stuff doesn't seem like a good fit for GUST for a number of reasons.
Gust has made some action stuff. Land of No Night is an action game, also.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.

Jostiband posted:

Uhm, the Hunter thread is over there dude.
Feitan is terrible for many reasons and not very human.

Jostiband
May 7, 2007

Feitan just wants the world to feel his pain! :emo:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

my caucus location is standing room only :stare:

• Locked thread