Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

please no

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MTV Crib Death
Jun 21, 2012
I told my fat girlfriend I wanted to bang skinny chicks and now I'm wondering why my relationship is garbage.
Hey ya'll Mew is available today as a serial code from Gamestop.

I went there on my lunch and the dude behind the counter said he had about 20 left. I live in New York, though, so my experience is skewed toward scarcity.

Card looks dope though.

SpaceCadetBob
Dec 27, 2012

MTV Crib Death posted:

Hey ya'll Mew is available today as a serial code from Gamestop.

I went there on my lunch and the dude behind the counter said he had about 20 left. I live in New York, though, so my experience is skewed toward scarcity.

Card looks dope though.

Wait there is a limited amount?

Also do you need to bring your game and 3DS to the store to get this poo poo? I've never bothered with these kinds of things before but gently caress it I've wanted a Mew for 18 years of my life.

SpaceCadetBob fucked around with this message at 22:06 on Feb 1, 2016

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

I picked up two Mews today.

What's a good nature for Mews?

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

I picked up two Mews today.

make it Modest and give it life orb and some really janky lure set. It Just Works.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

Timid is the most common one if you can get 31 IV on speed.

Thing with Mew, though, is that he's literally the jack of all trades master of none of the poke world. He has great stats, access to every move, but doesn't excel at anything in particular. That can be a good thing, too, because you can pull just about any crazy strategy with him if you know what you are doing and turn his inherit unpredictableness into a strength.

MTV Crib Death
Jun 21, 2012
I told my fat girlfriend I wanted to bang skinny chicks and now I'm wondering why my relationship is garbage.

SpaceCadetBob posted:

Wait there is a limited amount?

Also do you need to bring your game and 3DS to the store to get this poo poo? I've never bothered with these kinds of things before but gently caress it I've wanted a Mew for 18 years of my life.

They are cards with codes on them, so yes they are limited.

You can leave your 3ds at home.

WrightOfWay
Jul 24, 2010

I don't really like offensive Mew. Mono psychic is bad typing and 100/100 offenses are underwhelming even with Swords Dance and Nasty Plot. Support sets are where Mew really stands out.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

I think a cool thing to do with a Mew would be a doubles Transform set. How would you like a copy of your mega, only with much more HP and an item slot?

It also gets Baton Pass and a ton of good stat-boosting moves.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Somehow I had completely overlooked that Mega Pidgeot had Heat Wave. Oops.

I guess I'm the idiot here now. :v:

SpaceCadetBob
Dec 27, 2012

MTV Crib Death posted:

They are cards with codes on them, so yes they are limited.

You can leave your 3ds at home.

So ended up having to go to two stores to get this dumb card. First one was already out and the second only had 3 left when I got there. This is in suburban CT, but yeesh glad I checked the thread today.

Can you soft reset for natures/ivs with this card and if so how/when do you reset?

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur
Mar 16, 2006

GOOD LUCK!!
poo poo I had no idea they were distributed via card, I'm worried now that I won't get one :(, checking today. Sure hope there's not a lot of people who followed that one guy's lead and got more than one.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

GAME in the UK prints them off on thermal paper. Don't think that can run out.

Thwack!
Aug 14, 2010

Ability: Shadow Tag

Bongo Bill posted:

I think a cool thing to do with a Mew would be a doubles Transform set. How would you like a copy of your mega, only with much more HP and an item slot?

It also gets Baton Pass and a ton of good stat-boosting moves.

Mew @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Synchronize
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Fake Out
- Transform
- Will-O-Wisp
- Protect

Standard Smogdubs Mew set. Pair up with BD Azu for shenanigans

Eox
Jun 20, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
Does anyone know if they're available in Canada? If not I might have to bribe one of you, all I've got for trade is a semi-legit Darkrai and a 5IV amaura I could breed. My roommate has a shitload of perfect Eevees if that jangles your chain as well

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

SpaceCadetBob posted:

So ended up having to go to two stores to get this dumb card. First one was already out and the second only had 3 left when I got there. This is in suburban CT, but yeesh glad I checked the thread today.

Can you soft reset for natures/ivs with this card and if so how/when do you reset?

Weird. I'm near Hartford and the Gamestop I went to seemed to have plenty! I even got two: one for me and one for my husband.

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur
Mar 16, 2006

GOOD LUCK!!
Just got mine, looks like they had a lot at the mall in San Diego I went to.

Anyone having trouble getting the mew though? Server keeps saying it's under maintenance. I'm guessing it's just getting hammered but figured I'd check.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

yeah i cant input a code yet

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

Eox posted:

Does anyone know if they're available in Canada? If not I might have to bribe one of you, all I've got for trade is a semi-legit Darkrai and a 5IV amaura I could breed. My roommate has a shitload of perfect Eevees if that jangles your chain as well

If not already they will be. The press release said Gamestop in US, Game ( I believe? ) in the UK, and EB? in Canada? I can't recall off the top of my head, but it's definitely going to be going on in Canada.

buddychrist10
Nov 4, 2009

Obtuse.....even hokey.

WrightOfWay posted:

I don't really like offensive Mew. Mono psychic is bad typing and 100/100 offenses are underwhelming even with Swords Dance and Nasty Plot. Support sets are where Mew really stands out.

Go with Reflect Type. Reflect Type defensive Starmie has had moderate success, and Mew has better defensive stats as well as a wider moveset.

Zuzie
Jun 30, 2005

I got this for a Ratatta on GTS.

Drowning Rabbit posted:

If not already they will be. The press release said Gamestop in US, Game ( I believe? ) in the UK, and EB? in Canada? I can't recall off the top of my head, but it's definitely going to be going on in Canada.

Last time I was in an EB games I overheard some of the clerks gushing over some Pokemon-related stuff they were going to get in February so I'm positive that Canada will be getting them as well.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Countblanc posted:

make it Modest and give it life orb and some really janky lure set. It Just Works.

sd mew is Pure Power

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
reverend gave me a sick lure set that was like Gunk Shot, Psychic, Fire Blast, and Ice Beam to deal with poo poo that messes up Pangoro so i could use a pangoro in OU, and for that I will always appreciate mew.

Zaroff
Nov 10, 2009

Nothing in the world can stop me now!

Eox posted:

Yeah they are - I picked one up today.

wilbur.walsh
Jan 3, 2008

Whoaaaat?

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur posted:

You can add me:

FC: 2208 8322 4731

I'll add you as soon as I get to my 3DS

Thank you! Anyone else want to be my friend? :smithcloud:

in other news both gamestop at my city were already out of mew codes :( :( :( :( :(

DJ Turbo Punch
Feb 3, 2006

WAKE UP

It's Gen VI and my all fire gimmick team can still pull off some amazing bullshit.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

that guy was really bad

Poop Cupcake
Dec 31, 2005

I'm going to be in NYC on Feb 27th most likely - hoping that they're going to do some event or whatever but without an announcement, who knows? I was there for the ORAS release and was able to snag both promo figurines. I'm hoping there's at least some kind of 20th anniversary thing going on.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:

pandaK posted:

that guy was really bad

I do appreciate your naming scheme though.

Cicadas!
Oct 27, 2010

What are some normal-type moves that are commonly used as openers? I'm hatching some kind of a plan.

HoneyBoy
Oct 12, 2012

get murked son
Fake out

MTV Crib Death
Jun 21, 2012

Cicadas! posted:

What are some normal-type moves that are commonly used as openers? I'm hatching some kind of a plan.

I'm sure if someone looked at raw data, the two most common openers would be Fake Out and Protect.

Rose Spirit
Nov 4, 2010

:33 < APEX PURREDATOR

They're finally admitting it

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

It's kind of sad to look back at what was such annoying cheating in Gen I is just an abysmal moveset now.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Anyone want to use Pokemon based Valentine cards?

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.476152499173366.1073741841.230809307041021&type=3

Mr. Creakle
Apr 27, 2007

Protecting your virginity

Holy poo poo I had no idea Mew was card only until visiting this thread. Good thing I work in a hickish remote area, so limited run stuff like this is usually not sold out quickly.

The gamestop employee gave me two cards when asked. You could say that I have Mew...two. :rimshot:

Edit: code 1 was Calm and nearly perfect IVs the first try without having to save scum, all perfect except for...special attack.:saddowns: Oh well, perfect for a standard Smogon taunt set.

Mr. Creakle fucked around with this message at 00:42 on Feb 3, 2016

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.

It's not as bad as Lance's Level 40 Dragonite in HG/SS (although you can possibly infer that it got hit with the Rocket evolution signal, because plot).

Nessa
Dec 15, 2008

For any fans of Bulbasaur, Ivysaur and Venusaur, I added some pieces to my Redbubble today.

http://www.redbubble.com/people/nessabee/works/20805406-bulbasaur-ivysaur-and-venusaur-watercolour

Nessa fucked around with this message at 06:12 on Feb 3, 2016

Mr. Creakle
Apr 27, 2007

Protecting your virginity

Nessa posted:

For any fans of Bulbasaur, Ivysaur and Venusaur, I added some pieces to my Redouble today.

http://www.redbubble.com/people/nessabee/works/20805406-bulbasaur-ivysaur-and-venusaur-watercolour

Those are adorable :3: Love the watercolor, it reminds me of how the original 151 were colored (which IMO looks way nicer than the Pokemon's modern digital solid coloring).

If this thread is the place for Pokemon fanart, I should post some of my own drawings sometime.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nessa
Dec 15, 2008

Cuckoo posted:

Those are adorable :3: Love the watercolor, it reminds me of how the original 151 were colored (which IMO looks way nicer than the Pokemon's modern digital solid coloring).

If this thread is the place for Pokemon fanart, I should post some of my own drawings sometime.

Thanks! I just added a Squirtle, Wartortle and Blastoise set too. :)

As far as I know, fan art has always been fairly welcome in this thread.

• Locked thread