Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
I missed a bit of the episode: was he a lizard that got turned into a wereman by being bitten by the animal control guy for some reason?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JossiRossi
Jul 28, 2008

A little EQ, a touch of reverb, slap on some compression and there. That'll get your dickbutt jiggling.

Notorious QIG posted:

Speaking as a trans person:

Shut up.
Mind if I ask how you felt on that? It seemed innocent enough if veering a bit more on the negative side.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

mastershakeman posted:

I missed a bit of the episode: was he a lizard that got turned into a wereman by being bitten by the animal control guy for some reason?

Yep.

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

JossiRossi posted:

Mind if I ask how you felt on that? It seemed innocent enough if veering a bit more on the negative side.

I laughed. I also don't speak for every trans person.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Why'd the animal control guy bite him?

DorianGravy
Sep 12, 2007

So is Mulder going to go arrest Kumail or what? (Also, I hope the lizard were-man gets to live happily ever after. :ohdear:)

Gravitee
Nov 20, 2003

I just put money in the Magic Fingers!
I love you Darin Morgan.

Polygynous
Dec 13, 2006
welp
nice ringtone

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light
Does Mulder have the show's theme song as his ringtone?

Ignis
Mar 31, 2011

I take it you don't want my autograph, then.

The ringtone!

HIJK
Nov 25, 2012
in the room where you sleep

JetsGuy posted:

How could you write a list like this and no include the COPS crossover episode which loving owned

Wait WHAT? For real?

JossiRossi
Jul 28, 2008

A little EQ, a touch of reverb, slap on some compression and there. That'll get your dickbutt jiggling.

Notorious QIG posted:

I laughed. I also don't speak for every trans person.

Wasn't expecting you to, just wanted a single data point out of curiosity. So thanks =]

Polygynous
Dec 13, 2006
welp
"I have a whole speech prepared!"

:lol:

GamingHyena
Jul 25, 2003

Devil's Advocate
But...I had a whole speech prepared...and

OrangeKing
Dec 5, 2002

They do play in October!
Queequeg 2?

JetsGuy
Sep 17, 2003

science + hockey
=
LASER SKATES

HIJK posted:

Wait WHAT? For real?

In the original run they even got FOX to do the sweepers in out of commercials with the X logo and the flashers over it.

FOX was really worried that people would think it was COPS and made them run the main theme after the cops theme which they didn't want to do.

S7E12 "X-COPS"

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING
Ahh Scully referenced the fan theory :neckbeard:

HIJK
Nov 25, 2012
in the room where you sleep

JetsGuy posted:

In the original run they even got FOX to do the sweepers in out of commercials with the X logo and the flashers over it.

FOX was really worried that people would think it was COPS and made them run the main theme after the cops theme which they didn't want to do.

S7E12 "X-COPS"

Holy poo poo I'm all over this. Thanks dude.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
haha, the little jump as the monster ran away was great.

ACoolT5
Sep 23, 2003

All Hail Saban
Of the blood, and of the Tide

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

What fan theory?

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

Hahaha I forgot about the loving Cops episode.

I'm not familiar with this one. Is that something to do with her being immortal?

Bulky Bartokomous
Nov 3, 2006

In Mypos, only the strong survive.

I loved this episode so much.

JetsGuy
Sep 17, 2003

science + hockey
=
LASER SKATES

HIJK posted:

Holy poo poo I'm all over this. Thanks dude.

No prob. It's like one of my favorite episodes. Done with an actual COPS film crew.

JossiRossi
Jul 28, 2008

raditts posted:

I'm not familiar with this one. Is that something to do with her being immortal?

Yeah, there's been a lot about Scully being immortal. From a man who can predict death telling her she never does, and her place in death being taken by someone who themselves were seemingly immortal.

GamingHyena
Jul 25, 2003

Devil's Advocate

raditts posted:

Hahaha I forgot about the loving Cops episode.

If I remember, there was an episode where Everybody Loves Raymond's dad could tell when you would die. He couldn't tell when Scully would die, therefore she must be immortal.

Gravitee
Nov 20, 2003

I just put money in the Magic Fingers!
Immortal reference? A new dog? Kim Manners? Red Speedo?

It's almost too much.

ACoolT5
Sep 23, 2003

All Hail Saban
Of the blood, and of the Tide

Bulky Bartokomous posted:

I loved this episode so much.

Agreed. It was starting to lose me for a sec, but absurd X-Files is the best X-Files.

BlackJosh
Sep 25, 2007
It took a little while to get going but oh man was that fantastic. A good classic comedy episode. Also was just thinking about if they were ever going to bring up the Skully Immortal thing

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

GamingHyena posted:

If I remember, there was an episode where Everybody Loves Raymond's dad could tell when you would die. He couldn't tell when Scully would die, therefore she must be immortal.

There was also that episode where the photographer who couldn't die transferred his immortality to Scully.

DorianGravy
Sep 12, 2007

What, what's the deal with this? I didn't get the "I'm immortal" reference. (Edit: Thanks. Oh yeah, I remember that immortal photographer episode.)

I've been watching the original run again. I'm up to season 7. The Biogenesis/Sixth Extinction arc was weird. I'm getting the feel that the show is going downhill, but I'm planning to stick out.

DorianGravy fucked around with this message at 03:08 on Feb 2, 2016

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?

GamingHyena posted:

What is this episode? I remember liking it and need to add it to the list of episodes I'm forcing my wife to watch.

GamingHyena
Jul 25, 2003

Devil's Advocate

GutBomb posted:

What is this episode? I remember liking it and need to add it to the list of episodes I'm forcing my wife to watch.

Clyde Bruckman's Final Repose

Casu Marzu
Oct 20, 2008

:neckbeard: Hahaha holy poo poo this episode was amazing. I wish I would have recorded it so I could watch it again more closely. I feel like I missed a lot of little things because I was laughing so hard.

Bulky Bartokomous
Nov 3, 2006

In Mypos, only the strong survive.

GamingHyena posted:

Clyde Bruckman's Final Repose

You'd be hard pressed to find a Top episodes list that doesn't have this in the Top 5 and there is a good reason for it. I'll admit, I stopped watching the show at some point during college (it premiered when I was a junior in high school) but that episode stuck with me (that and Jose Chung's From Outer Space) through the years. It was a beautiful hour of television.

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?
My list

S02e23 - soft light
S03e03 - lightning kid
S03e04 - Clyde bruckman's final repose
S03e17 - pusher
S03e20 - Jose chung's from outer space
S04e02 - home
S04e04 - unruhe
S04e10 - paper hearts
S04e12 - Leonard betts
S04e20 - small potatoes
S05e03 - unusual suspects
S05e08 - kitsunegari
S05e12 - bad blood
S05e19 - FOLIE À DEUX
The movie
S06e03 - triangle
S06e04-05 - dreamland
S06e14 - monday
S06e15 - arcadia
S06e20 - three of a kind
S06e21 - field trip
S07e01 - hungry
S07e06 - the Goldberg variation
S07e12 - x-cops
S07e19 - Hollywood ad
S07e20 - fight club
S07e21 - je souhaite

She's already seen the pilot, both tooms episodes, the cockroach one, and drive.

GutBomb fucked around with this message at 03:43 on Feb 2, 2016

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe
That was really, really good. That episode should have been the finale of the original series.

Its kinda weird for any new fans I guess. With just six episodes its hard to have the tone swing back and forth so dramatically like that without nostalgia working in your favor.

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?
What is that episode called where that serial killer dude channels scully's dead dad? I need to add that one too

Ignis
Mar 31, 2011

I take it you don't want my autograph, then.

Beyond the sea, s1

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

GutBomb posted:

My list

S02e23 - soft light
S03e03 - lightning kid
S03e04 - Clyde bruckman's final repose
S03e17 - pusher
S03e20 - Jose chung's from outer space
S04e02 - home
S04e04 - unruhe
S04e10 - paper hearts
S04e12 - Leonard betts
S04e20 - small potatoes
S05e03 - unusual suspects
S05e08 - kitsunegari
S05e12 - bad blood
S05e19 - FOLIE À DEUX
The movie
S06e03 - triangle
S06e04-05 - dreamland
S06e14 - monday
S06e15 - arcadia
S06e20 - three of a kind
S06e21 - field trip
S07e01 - hungry
S07e06 - the Goldberg variation
S07e12 - x-cops
S07e19 - Hollywood ad
S07e20 - fight club
S07e21 - je souhaite

She's already seen the pilot, both tooms episodes, the cockroach one, and drive.

Not gonna subject her to "F.P.S." eh?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hcreight
Mar 19, 2007

My name is Oliver Queen...
So many great little touches in that episode. Like Scully calling out Mulder for damaging 'her poster.' She bought him a new one after he ripped the last one up in ep 1. :unsmith:

• Locked thread