Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
Also holy poo poo Man at Arm's Retribution or whatever the hell it is that activates Riposte.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

lol what the gently caress

that's better than a leper

e: also it takes like three hits to get people out of the pot

ee: lol my houndmaster developed Deviant Tastes after being boiled almost to death. my previous username was Scalded Schlong. COINCIDENCE?

Inexplicable Humblebrag fucked around with this message at 20:20 on Feb 1, 2016

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

WARNING! INTRUDERS DETECTED

I didn't care about the pot and just killed the boss. I did lose three people but I completed the quest.

Sloober
Apr 1, 2011

Antti posted:

I didn't care about the pot and just killed the boss. I did lose three people but I completed the quest.

If you have the output you can do that. I think on the 2nd hag i was able to kill her before the first one in the pot got down to deaths door.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

it's real annoying not being able to see the HP of the dude in the pot but i see why it is the case

like a total dickhead i let my abomination boil dry because i forgot he had the -10%hp lock, then he got tenderised, then i was like "poo poo i've got a hellion in the pot, and only a dogman and an occultist to break her out"

so i decided to chance it and simply let the hellion adrenaline rush herself back from the edge. then she iron swanned the hag and i never have to deal with that loving pot ever again

Moacher
Oct 10, 2007

In a few moments my neighbor is going to exit this building's ground floor, out onto the sidewalk. According to my math, from this height, I can kill him by pissing on him.
Is there a way to swap trinkets between 2 heros, mid-dungeon, if you don't have an empty inventory slot with which to juggle?

Baiku
Oct 25, 2011

Moacher posted:

Is there a way to swap trinkets between 2 heros, mid-dungeon, if you don't have an empty inventory slot with which to juggle?

No. They might drop the trinket as they fumble around in the dark so its best not to chance it.

Nothing like finishing a long level 5 dungeon with firewood to spare, full health, and no stress.

Bright Future
Oct 9, 2007

[let's] fuck that crazy-ass robot
Haven't received an occultist for 12 weeks and my last one reached 5. :(

I hate using vestals.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

TheChad posted:

Haven't received an occultist for 12 weeks and my last one reached 5. :(

I hate using vestals.

Occultists are the only guys I send to stress rehab at the church. They are so rare.

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

Phrasing posted:

No. They might drop the trinket as they fumble around in the dark so its best not to chance it.

Nothing like finishing a long level 5 dungeon with firewood to spare, full health, and no stress.

Jester? Vestal? Leper?

This thread will hate you now.

Bald Stalin
Jul 11, 2004

Our posts
Occultist: Oh you're down 10 hp? Here's a crit heal for 25.

later that fight....

Occultist: Oh you're at death's door? Heal for 0 and bleed.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Don't judge him lots of people work poorly under pressure.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
Well Grave Robber goes well with Leper because she can move backward.

edit: I wish there more abilities with backward movement.

Snak fucked around with this message at 23:38 on Feb 1, 2016

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Snak posted:

Well Grave Robber goes well with Leper because she can move backward.

edit: I wish there more abilities with backward movement.

I like taking the Highwayman sometimes because his front rank, move backward attack (Point-Blank Shot) is pretty solid. He's not as good once he's out of that front rank, but sometimes, just blasting a fool to death right at the start of a fight is pretty satisfying. I've seen some people run two Highwaymen and have them trade off Point-Blank Shots, too, but I haven't tried that myself. It seems like it'd only work if you know that you want to focus your main damage source on the front rank of the enemy.

Bright Future
Oct 9, 2007

Ranter posted:

Occultist: Oh you're down 10 hp? Here's a crit heal for 25.

later that fight....

Occultist: Oh you're at death's door? Heal for 0 and bleed.

Just roll the other way around and they own. It helps if you boost his confidence by giving him + eldritch dam and crit trinkets so he can one shot a few dudes early in the fight.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

Harrow posted:

I like taking the Highwayman sometimes because his front rank, move backward attack (Point-Blank Shot) is pretty solid. He's not as good once he's out of that front rank, but sometimes, just blasting a fool to death right at the start of a fight is pretty satisfying. I've seen some people run two Highwaymen and have them trade off Point-Blank Shots, too, but I haven't tried that myself. It seems like it'd only work if you know that you want to focus your main damage source on the front rank of the enemy.

I almost always use a Highwayman because they are so versatile. Duelist's advance is great because it moves him forward (into position for point blank shot next turn) and can hit any enemy. So, while there is a 20% damage penalty, your reciprocating highwaymen can target any enemy position if you know what you want to do going in.

Bright Future
Oct 9, 2007

My current favorite party comp is a GR/OCC/Dog/Hellion, in that order. Stack dodge on the Dog so he can Dog tank if needed for the hellion, pure damage for the rest.

It's really nasty on their back line. :)

Haven't tried Champion dungeons yet, though, so I'm sure I'm going to be suitably mauled on my first few runs.

Operant
Apr 1, 2010

LET THERE BE NO GENESIS
Occultist is objectively better than vestal except mayyyyyybe on certain fights with lots of AoE. The RNG screwing you can definitely be horrendous, but his damage output, mark, and crazy crit rate makes him so good.

There's definitely areas where I'd rather take a vestal due to attrition damage/lots of AoE though, like the cannon fight or maybe the warrens with the pigtaurs.

TheChad posted:

My current favorite party comp is a GR/OCC/Dog/Hellion, in that order. Stack dodge on the Dog so he can Dog tank if needed for the hellion, pure damage for the rest.

It's really nasty on their back line. :)

Haven't tried Champion dungeons yet, though, so I'm sure I'm going to be suitably mauled on my first few runs.

Marking parties are definitely crazy strong, probably the strongest comps in the game in my opinion, though I haven't messed around with many others. You will win like 90% of the fights (and bosses) in this game easily through burst damage/wrecking the back line with high speed characters.

Champion dungeons will absolutely wreck you until you have 5/5 on weapons/armor and upgraded skills, then they are very manageable. Just stay away from champion Weald missions until you absolutely have to go there, because you will get absolutely buttblasted by giants/dogstacks

Operant fucked around with this message at 00:15 on Feb 2, 2016

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

Operant posted:

There's definitely areas where I'd rather take a vestal due to attrition damage/lots of AoE though, like the cannon fight.

But Occultist is perfect for the cannon fight, because he is another guy who can hit the back two rows.

Operant
Apr 1, 2010

LET THERE BE NO GENESIS

Snak posted:

But Occultist is perfect for the cannon fight, because he is another guy who can hit the back two rows.

Yeah. Honestly I think the vestal could use a buff to her stun %, but that's just me.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

Operant posted:

Yeah. Honestly I think the vestal could use a buff to her stun %, but that's just me.

Yeah. It misses a lot. Improving her stun would go a long way toward improving her utility.

Bright Future
Oct 9, 2007

Operant posted:

Marking parties are definitely crazy strong, probably the strongest comps in the game in my opinion, though I haven't messed around with many others. You will win like 90% of the fights (and bosses) in this game easily through burst damage/wrecking the back line with high speed characters.

Champion dungeons will absolutely wreck you until you have 5/5 on weapons/armor and upgraded skills, then they are very manageable. Just stay away from champion Weald missions until you absolutely have to go there, because you will get absolutely buttblasted by giants/dogstacks

I've been taking marking parties to boss fights. Typically I try to switch around between compositions pretty often so I don't get into the bad habit of having an A team.

Thanks for the tip on fully upgrading Guild/BS before trying champ runs, I need to level up some abombs anyways and I should have em maxxed out by the time they hit 4/5.

What's a good marking party look like for non boss runs? I've found that arbalests/BH's are a tad slow when it isn't worth marking a target. (I also have poo poo trinkets for them so that doesn't help)

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

4 x dog, imo

e: seriously, it's probably anything with an arbalest/bounty hunter paired with an occultist or houndmaster. you mark with fast guys whose marking skills debuff; then you gently caress poo poo up with the dedicated slugger. it is always worth marking.

bonus points for the legendary bracer on the slugger (paired with the wounding helmet for the bounty hunter), which ensures your marker goes first, but that probably comes at like Champion level.

Inexplicable Humblebrag fucked around with this message at 00:26 on Feb 2, 2016

ZypherIM
Nov 8, 2010

"I want to see what she's in love with."

I think the better marking party is arb/occ/hound+non-marking hitter. Bounty hunter is pretty great, but his +mark attack only hitting the first two ranks limits the bosses he is useful on.

GlennFinito
Oct 15, 2013

Phrasing posted:

How does this team work? What trinkets? etc?

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
I've cleared almost every boss except like two generations of bosses in the cove. I hate that place, haha. I have to grind out like 3 more dungeon levels of the Cove. Why can't there be deeds or something useful in there instead of crests argh

TastyLemonDrops
Aug 6, 2008

you said "drop kick" fyi

GlennFinito posted:

How does it not work? Jester for buffs/stress relief, vestal for stuns and heals, graverobber for crits 24/7 and leper one shots things in the first two rows. Leper can also stress and regular heal if jester and vestal can't keep up.

RVWinkle
Aug 24, 2004

In relating the circumstances which have led to my confinement within this refuge for the demented, I am aware that my present position will create a natural doubt of the authenticity of my narrative.
Nap Ghost

TheChad posted:

I've been taking marking parties to boss fights. Typically I try to switch around between compositions pretty often so I don't get into the bad habit of having an A team.

Thanks for the tip on fully upgrading Guild/BS before trying champ runs, I need to level up some abombs anyways and I should have em maxxed out by the time they hit 4/5.

What's a good marking party look like for non boss runs? I've found that arbalests/BH's are a tad slow when it isn't worth marking a target. (I also have poo poo trinkets for them so that doesn't help)

I find that instead of an A team habit I get stuck in a region habit. I always try to drag a Crusader to the Ruins. Puppy Master and Hellion are required in the Warrens.

Here's my favorite marking party for Veteran Weald: Arby-Oculus Rift-Bounty Hunter-Hellion. The Bounty Hunter's mark debuffs prot unlike other marks so it's pretty useful for everyone.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy

Phrasing posted:

I run this same team but swap out the leper for a Man at Arms or Houndmaster. It's all good.

RubberBands Hurt
Dec 13, 2004

seriously, wtf
For anyone who is having issues getting an Occultist, hit enter at the stagecoach and type in 'Unaz', I mentioned him earlier in the thread, but he's apparently one of only two backer heroes(unfortunately another Occultist) with 'Clotter' (bleed resist)

He also has a huge first round init/dodge buff to help with stuns. :getin:

In regards to grave robber/highwayman *niches:

- Highwayman is 'reliable' mid-range dps from pretty much anywhere. He's resistant to shuffling and has fairly strong camp utility(likely one of the primary reasons for camp buff nerf). You can build a decent party around his nuke.

- Grave Robber has solid shuffle skills(relatively rare), combined with one of the better stuns, and is another mid-range dps. She lacks the Highwayman's burst and AoE, but gets higher baseline damage.

I think the relative damage values of skills can probably use more tweaking, which skews the comparison a bit more, but GR's utility wins in many cases over "never really dead-weight"

*For any suffering analysis paralysis with who to bring on a mission, figuring out these/any combat niches will help make who's worth bringing with who much more apparent

e: still waiting for town events and feature patches to settle down before playing -
Which isn't so bad with Gaben's bounty littered across my Steam account, but is getting tougher :smith:

RubberBands Hurt fucked around with this message at 02:05 on Feb 2, 2016

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum
Camp skill comparison is definitely a thing to consider between the two. Highwayman has surprise reduction (only really great in a dark party, but useful there) which also prevents ambush for cheap, Grave Robber has the cheapest (but least powerful) Scouting boost. Clean Guns is a lot better than Pilfer and Snuff Box although Snuff Box is nice for free disease removal. Parties with GRs or PDs can clean out diseases without having to pay anything if you're into that.

Baiku
Oct 25, 2011

GlennFinito posted:

I made this specifically for a Long Ruins run. Jester stress heals and basically removes the most dangerous part about the Ruins - lots of stress. Half of the encounters there have a drunk skeleton and a cultist in the back rows. I also ran into three Ghouls in the hallways. Sometimes I like to put him in slot 1 for a Heroic End to powerbomb those stress mobs. Vestal can heal from 3 of 4 to take care of chip damage and can finish off stress dealers with Dazzling Light. For her fourth ability you can give her Hand of Light in case she makes it to slot 2. I think I gave the Graverobber a Quick Draw charm so she could blow up something with round 1 with a lucky crit. She provides steady damage because of her high accuracy and ability to reach any monster. Poison Dart helps speed along Bone General fights. Honestly you'd probably be better off with a Man at Arms instead of a Leper but I brought him along because he can heal his own stress and for Purge/Intimidate. No, wait, you ARE better off with a MAA but he's not a warrior-poet. Juggle your movement abilities well so you don't push the Leper out of his damage zone.

I loaded up a bunch of dodge trinkets and Books of Sanity on my dudes.

Getting goddraw for quirks on my Graverobber helps too.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe
Leper just got his base damage jacked up ~15%. :stare:

Yup, that'll do it.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

Gabriel Pope posted:

Yup, that'll do it.

Hell yeah I just realized what you meant.

And I had just gotten back into trying one out, too.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

Gabriel Pope posted:

Yup, that'll do it.

gently caress yes red hook

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.

Gabriel Pope posted:

Yup, that'll do it.
Good.

I really like the Leper in concept so I'm glad they're making some efforts to salvage him.

GlennFinito
Oct 15, 2013

Phrasing posted:

I made this specifically for a Long Ruins run. Jester stress heals and basically removes the most dangerous part about the Ruins - lots of stress. Half of the encounters there have a drunk skeleton and a cultist in the back rows. I also ran into three Ghouls in the hallways. Sometimes I like to put him in slot 1 for a Heroic End to powerbomb those stress mobs. Vestal can heal from 3 of 4 to take care of chip damage and can finish off stress dealers with Dazzling Light. For her fourth ability you can give her Hand of Light in case she makes it to slot 2. I think I gave the Graverobber a Quick Draw charm so she could blow up something with round 1 with a lucky crit. She provides steady damage because of her high accuracy and ability to reach any monster. Poison Dart helps speed along Bone General fights. Honestly you'd probably be better off with a Man at Arms instead of a Leper but I brought him along because he can heal his own stress and for Purge/Intimidate. No, wait, you ARE better off with a MAA but he's not a warrior-poet. Juggle your movement abilities well so you don't push the Leper out of his damage zone.

I loaded up a bunch of dodge trinkets and Books of Sanity on my dudes.

Getting goddraw for quirks on my Graverobber helps too.

Thank you for this awesome post. Congrats on you GR. The main problem I had with the MAA was that on top of health tanking he also ended up stress tanking for the party, loading him up with a -stress trinket is a great idea and I will try this next time.

Gabriel Pope posted:

Yup, that'll do it.
I think I have most of the Leper trinkets.
:getin:

packetmantis
Feb 26, 2013
"Random target logic will not target corpses. "

What does this mean? Blindfire won't hit corpses anymore?

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
I'm still not gonna use him! You do zero damage from the backrow/when you whiff :reject:

packetmantis posted:

"Random target logic will not target corpses. "

What does this mean? Blindfire won't hit corpses anymore?

No idea, but that would be a really good buff. Not that I think the arbalest needs one but I ain't complaining.

EDIT: Weird that they still haven't fixed some of the achievements not unlocking

Internet Kraken fucked around with this message at 03:34 on Feb 2, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
Where did we hear 15% Jesus

http://steamcommunity.com/games/262060/announcements/detail/719816400450505714

Couple cool changes

Rascyc fucked around with this message at 03:33 on Feb 2, 2016