Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

In Training posted:

That sequel is gonna be killer. There was like a 10 second gameplay clip and when you cut out gravity every little piece of fruit in the area started floating away with you. Awesome

I completely forgot that this was coming to the PS4 until recently, and remembering it seriously solidified me getting a PS4 soon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

In Training posted:

That sequel is gonna be killer. There was like a 10 second gameplay clip and when you cut out gravity every little piece of fruit in the area started floating away with you. Awesome
Secretly, this must be the actual reason they let Knack exist

Yoya
Nov 6, 2009

I already bought the chicken

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Damnit, I actually want two of those.

Varance
Oct 28, 2004

Ladies, hide your footwear!
Nap Ghost
The only correct choice is Broforce. :patriot:

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

I don't even know the other two. Broforce is pretty fun on Steam.

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

Saoshyant posted:

I don't even know the other two. Broforce is pretty fun on Steam.
I'd vote for Assault Android Cactus, since I already got Broforce for free through XBox Games with Gold.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Assault Android Cactus is a really good twin stick shooter and the other one is this weird Trials-esque platformer.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

I can't see any way anything other than Broforce wins, no matter how fun Action Henk is

Yoya
Nov 6, 2009

I already bought the chicken
A vote for broforce secretly gets channeled into a vote for trump

Syrinxx
Mar 28, 2002

Death is whimsical today

Broforce for prez 2016

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

please vote for the cactus game

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

At least these games are more comparable than the first set. They all feature a somewhat short, actiony first playthrough followed by trying to redo them to improve your performance.

MisterAlex
Dec 4, 2004

For Blood, Comic Mischief, Mature Humor, Nudity, Strong Language, Suggestive Themes, Use of Alcohol, and Intense Violence.

Online Interactions Not Rated.

Awesome! posted:

please vote for the cactus game

I'm not really familiar with any of those games, so I'm happy to vote for the cactus game. I hope you weren't being sarcastic. :v:

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

no i am serious, if a bit self-serving. broforce is cool too but i already have it on steam

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

MisterAlex posted:

I'm not really familiar with any of those games, so I'm happy to vote for the cactus game. I hope you weren't being sarcastic. :v:
Cactus is a shmup with some interesting features, Action Henk is a Trials type game and Broforce is side scrolling shooting platformer type stuff. Henk and Broforce both have level editors on PC but I have no idea if that made it onto PS4 or not. I personally would marginally rather have Broforce since I stink at shmups and I already have an actual Trials game with hundreds of user tracks to download. Though I expect the Broforce user levels will be bad anyway. On the other hand I probably already got it in a PC bundle somewhere or I will sometime this year so that leaves Cactus. :shrug:

Pork Pie Hat
Apr 27, 2011
Is there a Helldivers thread for spreading space fascism DEMOCRACY with Goons?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Pork Pie Hat posted:

Is there a Helldivers thread for spreading space fascism DEMOCRACY with Goons?

yeah i saw it pop up the other day. filter for the ps4 tag

Billy Elliot
Jul 7, 2011

Space Pirate

JazzFlight posted:

I'd vote for Assault Android Cactus, since I already got Broforce for free through XBox Games with Gold.

Oh man I totally want Assault Android Cactus. Too bad the bro game will win with the kids.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

Real hurthling! posted:

yeah i saw it pop up the other day. filter for the ps4 tag

someone remade it when the pc version launched so they might have changed the tag

Wendell
May 11, 2003

Henk looks really fun, but they really crippled their appeal with that main character.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Awesome! posted:

someone remade it when the pc version launched so they might have changed the tag

its still the same. hey, let's play this week once everyone has it!

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
I want Henk because Cactus doesn't look engaging and even the free Expendables tie-in version of BroForce on the PC overstays its welcome.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

I thought Broforce was that pewdiepie game at first, so I will be happy no matter which game wins

Billy Elliot
Jul 7, 2011

Space Pirate
This will turn into grow home all over again, guarantee it. All the ps4 subreddit complains about 8 bit themed side scroller games as PS+ titles and I bet Broforce will win.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Billy Elliot posted:

This will turn into grow home all over again, guarantee it. All the ps4 subreddit complains about 8 bit themed side scroller games as PS+ titles and I bet Broforce will win.

it will. its the game with the most exposure since it was in EA for like 2 years and got videos from giantbomb and all the big streamers. the other games have way lower attention on them. at least they'll all be on sale even if they lose.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Honestly I'll probably buy all three anyways so I can't really lose here.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

I can actually imagine trying broforce and haven't said that about a ps+ game since rocket league.

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
I will vote Broforce and I will not be persuaded otherwise.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
Cactus is an amazingly loving good game. Vote Cactus.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Since the PS Store for the Vita is still hosed, I can get Cyber Sleuth via the webstore and simply add the game and the free DLC to my download queue for later, right?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

Since the PS Store for the Vita is still hosed, I can get Cyber Sleuth via the webstore and simply add the game and the free DLC to my download queue for later, right?

yes but the webstore's communication with vita is strange and it may decide to wait a few hours before downloading, unlike ps4 which is always instant when you click the browser button.

Billy Elliot
Jul 7, 2011

Space Pirate
Will Broforce be available for vita too? It looks like Cactus will have cross buy by their release trailer, so that's an added bonus for me as a Vita owner.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=xzSuLRlzT5I

Yechezkel
Oct 5, 2004

Fun Shoe

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

You can do that, except download queues for affected Vitas are busted as well. :mad:

I'll check now if PS3-to-Vita transfers still work on busted Vitas. If if does and you own a PS3, you could add the Vita games to the PS3 download queue, have the PS3 download them, then transfer to Vita.

In after: Yup, PS3-to-Vita transfers still work on my busted Vita.

Yechezkel fucked around with this message at 06:22 on Feb 2, 2016

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Well, I'm no particular hurry to download the game yet, I have the PS4 version preordered already and I have my Vita set with a japanese account while I play VD: Bhikkhuni. But I don't want to miss on the digital goodies that come with the Vita version of Cyber Sleuth.

Yechezkel
Oct 5, 2004

Fun Shoe
NA store:
Gravity Rush Remastered is out now at US$30/CA$33

Call of Duty: Black Ops III: Awakening is not out yet. It will be available at 12am Pacific / 3am Eastern.

There are the last few hours to claim the January PS+ games before the Tuesday afternoon update. They can all be claimed on this page, and you do not have to own the platform to claim games for that.

EU store:
Not A Hero is already out for you all, at 10/13/AU$19.45

Few hours left to claim the January PS+ games here. February PS+ games will be rotated in around 6 hours from now.

Black Ops III: Awakening looks to come out at the same time as NA versions, at around 8am GMT / 7pm Sydney.

Japan store:
Put up last Friday, the bundles of free avatars from Final Fantasy XIV are up. They can only be applied to the Japanese account:
Bundle 1
Bundle 2
Bundle 3

Yechezkel fucked around with this message at 06:52 on Feb 2, 2016

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Billy Elliot posted:

does anyone even play grow home anymore? I think interest in that lasted about two seconds, and now Armello is probably dead too. Ruined their chance by having to pay for it

barren_sky
May 6, 2004

Yechezkel posted:

NA store:
Gravity Rush Remastered is out now at US$30/CA$33

They bumped the Canadian price by $3 today? But our dollar has gone up a bit!

CrashCat posted:

does anyone even play grow home anymore? I think interest in that lasted about two seconds, and now Armello is probably dead too. Ruined their chance by having to pay for it

My kids and I had a really good time with Grow Home. The only reason I didn't try to 100% it after beating the campaign was because the Trophies sounded like a nightmare with those wonky controls.

orenronen
Nov 7, 2008

The Japanese PS+ games for February are mostly either the same as the western offerings or have been western PS+ games in the past, though we do get two older archive games:

Mousecraft (PS4/Vita/PS3)
Nom Nom Galaxy (PS4)
Nihilumbra (Vita)
Person 4 Arena Ultimax (PS3)
Minna no Golf Portable 2 PSP the Best (PSP/Vita)
SIMPLE1500 Series Vol. 40 The Shougi 2 (PS3/Vita/PSP)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yechezkel
Oct 5, 2004

Fun Shoe

Billy Elliot posted:

Will Broforce be available for vita too?

Nope. It was, but then was cancelled.

Midnight Pacific update: Black Ops III: Awakening for PS4 should be available now. The listing appears to be an unlock key, as there are no downloadable packages. Is that right?

EU version is not showing up yet in the webstore.

Yechezkel fucked around with this message at 09:20 on Feb 2, 2016

• Locked thread