Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

FAUXTON posted:

Polling in Iowa showed Trump with like a ~5 point lead and he may well end up in third loving place behind the two Hispanic candidates.

Sure, but a disparity three times that large is what we're talking about in NH and SC. At any rate of course you're right that it's plausible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MaxxBot
Oct 6, 2003

you could have clapped

you should have clapped!!
Hell, even just having to see Cruz on TV for months as the nominee would be a cruel form of torture. I mean I can understand why people are happy about Trump losing but Cruz is infinitely worse.

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

simmyb posted:

Reporters wildly flip flopping between saying Iowa is super important and Iowa not really mattering because it didn't decide the last X nominations :confused:

gotta justify their jobs and tell the truth at the same time

Pohl
Jan 28, 2005

In the future, please post shit with the sole purpose of antagonizing the person running this site. Thank you.

mdemone posted:

Neither Rubio nor Cruz is going to gain 25% in NH over the span of one week. Trump will take a hit there, and maybe a bit in SC, but I expect he'll maintain a double-digit lead in both states going into the weekend.

Super Tuesday is a different story and about fifty weird things could happen between now and then.

Sure, ok.

But seriously, yes; you are right. Super Tuesday is going to be crazy as hell. I expect Rubio to do really loving well.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

mdemone posted:

Mitch McConnell will kill him in broad daylight before he allows that possibility to develop any further than it has tonight.
He will get stabbed by more senators than Caesar.

Piquai Souban
Mar 21, 2007

Manque du respect: toujours.
Triple bas cinq: toujours.
Trump's campaign manager made it clear that anything but first place was a loss. Was it Trump who was recently talking up how much money he was saving on his ground game?

Sounds like his advisors failed him, and he struggles to run a winning team.

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames
So explain: I know why I hate Ted Cruz, but why do other conservatives hate Ted Cruz?

Xenophon
Jun 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Grimey Drawer

Piquai Souban posted:

Trump's campaign manager made it clear that anything but first place was a loss. Was it Trump who was recently talking up how much money he was saving on his ground game?

Sounds like his advisors failed him, and he struggles to run a winning team.

Trump was literally joking today at his rally in Cedar Rapids about how much money money other candidates had spent and how little he had spent on his ground game

like, today as in February 1, 2016, the day he got hosed by his lack of a ground game

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
Maybe Rubio wasn't as bad a campaigner as I thought. 3-2-1 might be for real

Vladimir Putin
Mar 17, 2007

by R. Guyovich

mdemone posted:

Mitch McConnell will kill him in broad daylight before he allows that possibility to develop any further than it has tonight.

Mitch McConnell will kill him on camera.

Astroclassicist
Aug 21, 2015

So what does Trump do to reclaim the narrative over the next week?

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Benzo rambling on camera, this is kind of sad.

Astroclassicist posted:

So what does Trump do to reclaim the narrative over the next week?

Literally shoot someone on fifth avenue.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

Xenophon posted:

Trump was literally joking today at his rally in Cedar Rapids about how much money money other candidates had spent and how little he had spent on his ground game

like, today as in February 1, 2016, the day he got hosed by his lack of a ground game

Well, it looks like

:c00l:

the joke's on him.

Vladimir Putin
Mar 17, 2007

by R. Guyovich

fart blood posted:

So explain: I know why I hate Ted Cruz, but why do other conservatives hate Ted Cruz?

Anybody who's ever worked with Cruz hates him.

Patter Song
Mar 26, 2010

Hereby it is manifest that during the time men live without a common power to keep them all in awe, they are in that condition which is called war; and such a war as is of every man against every man.
Fun Shoe
This is obviously a bad night for Trump...but it's interesting how it played out. The paranoia about Trump was always that he wouldn't turn his people out. Trump...did. Trump massively turned people out. Trump's vote total dwarfs Romney's or Santorum's from four years ago. Cruz just got people who no one detected out to vote for him.

New Hampshire becomes very interesting. Will Trump collapse like Dean did, or will he be able to regain his position like Clinton 2008 did?

Pohl
Jan 28, 2005

In the future, please post shit with the sole purpose of antagonizing the person running this site. Thank you.
Msnbc projecting Cruz to win Iowa. Just lol Iowa.

Edit: loving Cruz.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

fart blood posted:

because he is an unlikable oval office who almost destroyed the party and the goverment. he is a fanatic who treats everyone like poo poo, including his own party members.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

fart blood posted:

For many of the same reasons, and also that he campaigns & fund-raises in support of GOP candidates trying to primary sitting GOP Senators from their right.

And also because he is ten pounds of poo poo in a misshapen three-ounce bag.

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

fart blood posted:

He's an unlikable rat-bastard, has a history of backing primary challenges to sitting GOP senators (and congressmen for all I know), and his senate temper tantrums allowed Reid to sneak in like a dozen Obama confirmations that were otherwise stonewalled.

Plus, you know, all his many personal failings which grate on them as much as they do anyone else.

Patter Song
Mar 26, 2010

Hereby it is manifest that during the time men live without a common power to keep them all in awe, they are in that condition which is called war; and such a war as is of every man against every man.
Fun Shoe

fart blood posted:

He's willing to sell out the entire rest of the GOP in order to advance Ted Cruz. For that side of the aisle, that's really it. Ted Cruz is not a team player.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Vladimir Putin posted:

Anybody who's ever worked with Cruz hates him.

As far as I can tell, anyone who's ever spent more than thirty seconds in his presence hates him.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Cruz campaign HQ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=etecwUrpUcA

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

fart blood posted:

His self agrandizing bullshit sabotaged Senate strategy.

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

mdemone posted:

As far as I can tell, anyone who's ever spent more than thirty seconds in his presence hates him.

Including his own kids, apparently!

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

TheTatteredKing posted:

His self agrandizing bullshit sabotaged Senate strategy.

Oh come on, dude.

Self-serving semantics sabotage subtle senate strategy.

the paradigm shift
Jan 18, 2006

AhahahahahaHaHaHaHahahahahahaha

:smugdog::smuggo::fsmug:

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames

FAUXTON posted:

Oh come on, dude.

Self-serving semantics sabotage subtle senate strategy.

Boy that's a tongue twister

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Patter Song posted:

This is obviously a bad night for Trump...but it's interesting how it played out. The paranoia about Trump was always that he wouldn't turn his people out. Trump...did. Trump massively turned people out. Trump's vote total dwarfs Romney's or Santorum's from four years ago. Cruz just got people who no one detected out to vote for him.

New Hampshire becomes very interesting. Will Trump collapse like Dean did, or will he be able to regain his position like Clinton 2008 did?

Wow that's huge if that's the story that runs. Trump brings in a bunch of new people as planned and then eats poo poo and dies anyway. It invalidates his whole strategy of appealing to the disaffected

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

google is saying cruz won - do they not do proportional delegation like the dems do?

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

https://twitter.com/CNNPolitics/status/694362330029805568

GAZE INTO THE VOID

Pohl
Jan 28, 2005

Maddow: Not to beat a dead horse that is Jeb Bush.

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich
7th place.

Mission Accomplished, Jeb!, Mission Accomplished. You beat Kasich and Fiorina.

Mr. World
May 6, 2007
Working undercover for the man . . .

Is there a face even God would resist punching?

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

I'm gonna just go ahead and ignore politics for the next week until New Hampshire because the absolute last thing I want to see is Ted Cruz everywhere

nah thanks
Jun 18, 2004

Take me out.

I bet this one is the soundtrack playing in Trump's head at all times: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=byMaibWXOYU

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

gah

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
:cry::cry:
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!
Rip America

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Dapper_Swindler posted:

because he is an unlikable oval office who almost destroyed the party and the goverment. he is a fanatic who treats everyone like poo poo, including his own party members.

tbh this is why I'm rooting for Cruz in the primary, it feels like he does evil better than anyone else

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Is the GOP polling site getting DDoSed or something? The Democratic one works fine

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Afraid of Audio
Oct 12, 2012

by exmarx
i look forward to the jomentum posts

• Locked thread