Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ghost Hand
Aug 10, 2004

Rampant 40k Fanboy
Finished up this guy enough for LVO this weekend. I'll add some writings of Lorgar and such on it - and FW doors when I have time to order them. But this will do for now.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hixson
Mar 27, 2009

Ghost Hand posted:

Finished up this guy enough for LVO this weekend. I'll add some writings of Lorgar and such on it - and FW doors when I have time to order them. But this will do for now.

Man, that heat stain on the barrel is ace. How'd you do it?

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
That's a big tank, Ghost Hand. I always loved that turret and +1 on those heat effects. If that thing did haywire in addition to it's regular profile it would absolutely wreck face. Are you gonna keep it glossy?

panascope posted:

I just had the most ideal game of Warhammer 30,000. I showed up an hour late, Hixson and I didn't listen to the mission rules (twice), and then we got really really mad when we barely won instead of what we thought was going to be a landslide. Bulbasaur only sort of hated the pizza we got!

Highlight was my sergeant turning 130 points of Justerian into mist after chucking a breaching charge at them in a challenge :black101: Also when Hixson backed up his Land Speed, forgot to turn on his back up beeper, and wrecked it on some rocks. My first turn was also great when I rapid fired 2 plasma guns and 3 melta guns. Rolled 5 ones and 2 twos. Awesome.

Despite everyone acting like massive assholes at the end, it was one of my favorite games in recent memory. That game was really intense. Really liking this system so far.

Sulecrist
Apr 5, 2007

Better tear off this bar association logo.

BULBASAUR posted:

That's a big tank, Ghost Hand. I always loved that turret and +1 on those heat effects. If that thing did haywire in addition to it's regular profile it would absolutely wreck face. Are you gonna keep it glossy?

I thought it did have haywire?

Stanyer89
Aug 4, 2012

panascope posted:

Highlight of our game was a souped up blood angle chaplain in artificer armor with a photonic blade failing to cause any wounds at all and instead getting killed by my praetor with lightning claws in one round of combat. Traitor supremacy bitch.

That was a good part, but the BEST part was when Bulbasaur was reading out the game type while you and Hixson were jerking each other off in the corner not paying attention resulting in instant wet tears followed by the phrase, "No. No this is bullshit. No. Bullshit and you know it", at Turn 5. Even better was how salty Hixson was after he had still won.

Hencoe
Sep 4, 2012

MY LIFE GOAL IS TO STICK A FLESHLIGHT INTO THE END OF A HOWITZER AND FUCK THE SHIT OUT OF IT
Did you play War of Lies.
Why would you do that.

Hixson
Mar 27, 2009

We were using these rules.

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

Stanyer89 posted:

That was a good part, but the BEST part was when Bulbasaur was reading out the game type while you and Hixson were jerking each other off in the corner not paying attention resulting in instant wet tears followed by the phrase, "No. No this is bullshit. No. Bullshit and you know it", at Turn 5. Even better was how salty Hixson was after he had still won.

Frankly I'm just glad we were able to have a game without you destroying your own property.

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
We played the 'Endless Dance of Mad' game type. Only units without the 'autistic' special rule could score. Hixson and Panascope didn't have any.

Sulecrist posted:

I thought it did have haywire?

With haywire don't you have to determine the haywire effect instead of rolling Armor Penetration normally? If not, 1+D3 Str8 AP2 ordnance hits in addition to the haywire is a bad day.

Bear Throne
Apr 9, 2014

BULBASAUR posted:

We played the 'Endless Dance of Mad' game type. Only units without the 'autistic' special rule could score. Hixson and Panascope didn't have any.

With haywire don't you have to determine the haywire effect instead of rolling Armor Penetration normally? If not, 1+D3 Str8 AP2 ordnance hits in addition to the haywire is a bad day.

The extra hits are only on Super heavies, gargs, and buildings, so would probably do a grand total of 0 extra damage. Doesn't matter though, because haywire works like you said. Also it does have haywire.

Sulecrist
Apr 5, 2007

With massive thanks to Bulbasaur for ongoing love and support and the chain idea, here are my Breachers. They still need water effects and dullcote, but I was too excited to wait:

Tujague
May 8, 2007

by LadyAmbien
trial of walter

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat

Sulecrist posted:

With massive thanks to Bulbasaur for ongoing love and support and the chain idea, here are my Breachers. They still need water effects and dullcote, but I was too excited to wait:

My dude, these own. You have any shots of individual models? Wanna check out all those sick little conversions.

Tujague posted:

trial of walter

I failed and had to go through the trial of karol

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Matter of fact, I'm salty now.
idgi w/ the alpha legion breachers

Sulecrist
Apr 5, 2007

BULBASAUR posted:

My dude, these own. You have any shots of individual models? Wanna check out all those sick little conversions.

Yeah I'll snap daylight yearbook photos once I finish their goddamn bases. I need to switch to a different water effects brand because my current one looks okay but takes like five loving layers.

The Sisko
Jan 9, 2009

"Whenever there's injustice, wrongs to be righted, innocents to be defended, The Sisko will be there, delivering ass-whooppings."

Sulecrist posted:

Great stuff. I didnt even realize the bases were incomplete until I read that post.

I guess since were all posting cool models Ill post my BAC Word Bearer Contemptor who's about 95% done with a few mini details to wrap up.

The Sisko fucked around with this message at 05:02 on Feb 2, 2016

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

The breachers are loving cool as hell though

Stanyer89
Aug 4, 2012

panascope posted:

Frankly I'm just glad we were able to have a game without you destroying your own property.

I almost felt obligated to smash a model just to keep up with tradition.

BaconCopter
Feb 13, 2008

:coolfish:

:coolfish:

Sulecrist posted:

God drat... that hue! It's seriously impressive! I would also enjoy a few individual glory shots :allears:

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007
Yeah, post more because those dudes own. Contemptor also owns, post more.

I've really warmed up to metallic schemes, used to find them really off putting. Doesn't help that they're almost exclusively the domain of airbrushes.

Big Willy Style
Feb 11, 2007

How many Astartes do you know that roll like this?
Word Bearers definitely look awesome in metallic schemes, Sheep's are my fave

http://www.wargamerau.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=126643&st=60

Thundercloud
Mar 28, 2010

To boldly be eaten where no grot has been eaten before!
I've almost finished assembling my first 20 word bearers. A handful of chaos shoulder pads and the warp talon heads from a box of raptors and they look like they're just turning to Chaos. Lots of studded shoulder pads and pads with metal guards round the edges and they're looking like the beginning of MkV armour as well.

The Mk IV sprue is a very nice kit. Now I need to pick the right way to paint them.

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007

Big Willy Style posted:

That's really cool. Wouldn't have guessed it was a simple base color with a drybrush of silver topped with a red glaze.

Oh and Bulba, it's pretty much confirmed that IW are getting their Tyrants and more this weekend.

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Big Willy Style posted:

Honestly I prefer that style, it looks more realistic than the fuckloads of text.

Lord Twisted
Apr 3, 2010

In the Emperor's name, let none survive.
The organisers of the 40k grand tournament in London are considering a 30k side event. I assume hams here would be down for some balls deep hard for heresy action in May if this was the case?

Ghost Hand
Aug 10, 2004

Rampant 40k Fanboy

Hixson posted:

Man, that heat stain on the barrel is ace. How'd you do it?

Pretty easy... Following the instructions from Forge Worlds "The Horus Heresy Model Masterclass: Volume One", I was able to replicate this really nice effect on my Glaives main weapon.
Once again the Minitaire Ghost Tint colors work really nicely for this kind of effect.

Here are the tint colors in the order I applied them from left to right through an airbrush.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Ghost Hand
Aug 10, 2004

Rampant 40k Fanboy

BULBASAUR posted:

No. I'm actually going to hit it with a dull coat soon. The gloss effect across the whole tank is actually from the red Ghost Tint paint that I apply to get the deep red. This picture is misleading in that the color is actually a shade or so darker than how it looks in the picture.

Ghost Hand
Aug 10, 2004

Rampant 40k Fanboy

Sulecrist posted:

These guys look sick! I love it.

Big Willy Style posted:

These are amazing as well.

Endman
May 18, 2010

That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even anime may die

So I went to my local GW today to get myself a Blood Angels upgrade pack. The Forgeworld ones are nice and all, but they don't have...

SPACE NIPPLES

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

So I guess you're not going to shave them off?

Endman
May 18, 2010

That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even anime may die

ijyt posted:

So I guess you're not going to shave them off?

Why would I do that?

Lord Twisted
Apr 3, 2010

In the Emperor's name, let none survive.

Ghost Hand posted:

Pretty easy... Following the instructions from Forge Worlds "The Horus Heresy Model Masterclass: Volume One", I was able to replicate this really nice effect on my Glaives main weapon.
Once again the Minitaire Ghost Tint colors work really nicely for this kind of effect.

Here are the tint colors in the order I applied them from left to right through an airbrush.

Oh bugger off, Carl. Now I'm going to have to get these for all my heat effects.

If I'm doing something small like a flamer would these work with brushes?

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007

Lord Twisted posted:

Oh bugger off, Carl. Now I'm going to have to get these for all my heat effects.

There's many ways, here's one.

e. Hello there, new robbit

Mango Polo fucked around with this message at 11:33 on Feb 3, 2016

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
That must be the new jump battle automata. Or the Domitar? My dark admech grows stronger! Also:

First thought is that 'Istvaan Legions' are no longer a thing, which is good. We expected this. Second thought is- god loving damnit. They spend time to reprint the book and make edits right when the new leather book is about to drop with 4 new legions. Good thing they decided not to wait one month and include them all. Now we have to haul around more books and they'll have no choice but to reprint it a third and fourth time to milk more money out of us. Glad I sold mine for $70. gently caress.

BULBASAUR fucked around with this message at 12:10 on Feb 3, 2016

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007

BULBASAUR posted:

Or the Domitar?
Now we have to haul around more books and they'll have no choice but to reprint it a third and fourth time to milk more money out of us. Glad I sold mine for $70. gently caress.

Looks like the Domitar. And yuuuup, the spice books must flow.

Sulecrist
Apr 5, 2007

BULBASAUR posted:

That must be the new jump battle automata. Or the Domitar? My dark admech grows stronger! Also:

First thought is that 'Istvaan Legions' are no longer a thing, which is good. We expected this. Second thought is- god loving damnit. They spend time to reprint the book and make edits right when the new leather book is about to drop with 4 new legions. Good thing they decided not to wait one month and include them all. Now we have to haul around more books and they'll have no choice but to reprint it a third and fourth time to milk more money out of us. Glad I sold mine for $70. gently caress.

Ehhhh even if they stuck White Scars, Blood Angels, and Dark Angels pages in there they'd still have to reprint after they get full releases in 2017/2018. I'm not crazy about them doing this but I think it'd be weirder for them to just add 3-6 total teaser pages total and then sell the same six pages to us in Not Age Of Darkness Legions.

Edit: I own the first five black books but I don't haul them around, I just use my red books plus PDFs or phone pictures of the handful of additional pages I need. Usually what I'm referencing is campaign rules and stuff that wouldn't go in new red books anyway.

Sulecrist fucked around with this message at 13:42 on Feb 3, 2016

Ghost Hand
Aug 10, 2004

Rampant 40k Fanboy

Lord Twisted posted:

Yes. I think that would work just fine.

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

Mango Polo posted:

There's many ways, here's one.

e. Hello there, new robbit

Don't know what that is but I know I want it.

Endman posted:

Why would I do that?

Nipples are lewd and you must protect the children.

Endman
May 18, 2010

ijyt posted:

Nipples are lewd and you must protect the children.

And miss my opportunity to confuse and disorient homophobic nerds with the Adonis-like figure of my tactical sergeant? Never!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

by.a.teammate
Jun 27, 2007
theres nothing wrong with the word panties
I dont really care about the rules at the moment but fluff wise i got the 4th Heresy book and it looked amazing so i wanted to complete the set with the limited price Isstvan Trilogy off forge world, is it a good deal?

I doubt they would update them or anything i assume there just trying to sell them off before the new red book but just wanted to check before i spent all this money on them.