Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is YISUN?
Mother
A lie we tell ourselves to have a purpose
Bliss
A paradox with no solution
Father
A strong female protagonist
The weakest thing there is and the smallest crawling thing
Creator
Everything in this miserable and hellish existence
A solution with no paradoxes
View Results

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

The Mentalizer posted:

I might be reaching a bit, but seeing as how White Chain seems to have turned down the sweet new bone suit I get the feeling that an angel has to give up something more in order to fit into one. So I'm thinking they have to cut off their wings (possibly even offering them as a sacrifice in exchange) in order to take possession of the new body, what with the Thorn Knights' lack of wings and Metatron's body being stuffed to overflowing with them. I could see White Chain thinking that's just a step too far since there's no coming back from that and deciding to keep her body as is. I'd really love to see her just take back her old armor and tell Michael to go gently caress himself.

I don't think they were offering her new armor, I think they were offering to change her natural form.

Keep in mind 6 Juggernaut just looks that way, he wasn't possessing a suit when he spoke with White Chain.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the future is WOW
Sep 9, 2005

I QUIT!

Schwarzwald posted:

I don't think they were offering her new armor, I think they were offering to change her natural form.

Keep in mind 6 Juggernaut just looks that way, he wasn't possessing a suit when he spoke with White Chain.

Fair enough. I know that's his 'spirit form' (or whatever it's called), my line of thought was based on his initial offer of returning her to physical form so I just assumed that was a new set of armor. Especially since the head looks kind of like her old helm when it opens up.

E: Yeah, upon looking again it's definitely new armor what with the holes and other details like Roland Jones mentioned.

Just for reference, here's a shot of Thorn Knights all armored up.

I do agree with the idea of them coming to resemble their armor after wearing it for a while, it just seems like the kind of thing that would happen with a deal like that.

the future is WOW fucked around with this message at 23:56 on Jan 30, 2016

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Schwarzwald posted:

Nah, that was definitely armor, though White Chain's form would have probably been changed to fit it too of course. You can tell by the details, like the holes in it (something common in both Thorn and regular angel armor).

The Mentalizer posted:

Fair enough. My line of thought was based on his initial offer of returning her to physical form so I just assumed that was a new set of armor. Especially since the head looks kind of like her old helm when it opens up.

There's this too, of course.

7c Nickel
Apr 27, 2008

SexyBlindfold posted:

i love that Metatron used his reality-shattering voice crafted from the birth of creation to say "yooo how'd you like these sick new threads"

Hmm... this potentially corrupting ultimate power is nice... but does it come in blue?

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

The Lord of Hats posted:

Going to be interesting seeing what vessel 82 comes back in.

We may already know that. Juggernaut Star mentioned a new form that Allison wouldn't find frightening.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
nah, that seems way beyond the capabilities of the society in this story

like, they can do impressive stuff, but not human-indistinguishable angel suits i think

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Well the dark glasses are probably mandatory. People might not like what's under there.

Plus, you know, crown of cyan fire.

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Pictured: Poster prepares to celebrate Holy Communion (probablY)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund
I'd love white chain and 10 vigilant to come back and add an additional tally to Michael's set up.

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013
It's funny that the rhombicuboctahedron looking angel is like the second most powerful thing in that scene next to 10.

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012
10 Vigilant Gaze seems to have a pretty laid back job so I wouldn't necessarily bet on that number reflecting their power.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

reignonyourparade posted:

10 Vigilant Gaze seems to have a pretty laid back job so I wouldn't necessarily bet on that number reflecting their power.

It's not based on his number, it's based on the alt text for the this page.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
it's interesting to me that despite hating the usurping inhabitants of throne and their kinds in general, the thorns we've seen so far all look a lot more like humans and servants than the average angel

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

The number is which incarnation they're on (that's in the history of the universe, so 2 Michael has died once, ever.)

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Tollymain posted:

it's interesting to me that despite hating the usurping inhabitants of throne and their kinds in general, the thorns we've seen so far all look a lot more like humans and servants than the average angel

Mmm, but their leader Metatron is totally beautifically humanlike.

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass
Or lowly humans crudely ape the form of metatron :thornsay:

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

MikeJF posted:

Mmm, but their leader Metatron is totally beautifically humanlike.

yeah but hes full of unspeakable bullshit, apparently

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.

paranoid randroid posted:

yeah but hes full of unspeakable bullshit, apparently

So....completely humanlike?

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Boogaleeboo posted:

So....completely humanlike?

if u got wings bustin out of every orifice, consult ur primary care physician, imo

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

if u got wings bustin out of every orifice, consult ur primary care physician, imo

Doesn't help

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass
So, a radical owlectomy then

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
IM FULL OF ANGELS!!

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink
Something I noticed is that in certain spots it looks like you can see lion's tails sticking out of Metatron's cracks.

Gally
May 31, 2001

Come on!

Schwarzwald posted:

Something I noticed is that in certain spots it looks like you can see lion's tails sticking out of Metatron's cracks.

Or maybe demon's tails...

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013
I wonder if shoving angel wings inside of him is their bootleg way of reincarnating him by filling him with a bit of the white flame from every Thorn Knight or angel that pisses off the Thorn Knights.

AriadneThread
Feb 17, 2011

The Devil sounds like smoke and honey. We cannot move. It is too beautiful.

jumper cable my god

TGG
Aug 8, 2003

"I Dare."
I assumed that Metatron was in some fashion so frozen/pseudo-killed that he couldn't actually reincarnate and gain a new form, so he just seethes with the fury and knowledge of his internal angelic self. He thrashes at his bonds and still finds himself bound by the spikes of the Ruling King; so unable to die, though still unable to truly live, he forms the Thorns as some sort of cosmic justice patrol. A patrol that he rules and influences utterly and which is informed by the injustice he suffered. They carry out the justice of his former belief, which I would assume to be that all is both Same and Other and that after all is known only only through separation of the Self can the the All becomes One and All again. Thus is forged again the Glory of a greater time where One was Many and the angels of the Voice can be the influence of a new choir.

Or some nonsense like that

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
"Hey 73 Sips Coffee At Desk, what you think we should do about the boss?"

"Eeeeehhhhhhhh lets just cram him full of other angels and see what happens."

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

I still don't think that they're stuffing Michael's shell full of wings. That's just him leaking out.

Especially now that we've seen 38 Dark Spear, another angel whose "body" consists almost entirely of wings. And 82 seems to be able to form wings at will from her back or hands. Cutting off wings would be pointless.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
its funnier to imagine the thorns keep shoving more crap into his shell and he keeps yelling at them in his soul-rending voice to knock it the gently caress off

SexyBlindfold
Apr 24, 2008
i dont care how much probation i get capital letters are for squares hehe im so laid back an nice please read my low effort shitposts about the arab spring

thanxs!!!

its funnier to imagine the thorns keep shoving more crap into his shell and he keeps yelling at them in his soul-rending voice to knock it the gently caress off

You know, it is kind of suspicious that 603 Prods with Stick, Relentlessly keeps getting killed

Anyway my money would be on Zoss having found out the one and only way of killing Metatron, and now his soul is effectively trapped inside his massive and indestructible corpse.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Well, I guess there was a fight.

And 82 did not fare so well. I like that thorn knight whose halo is just 3 knives.

I wonder if the bird guy is related to Ys-Voya.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Begemot posted:

Well, I guess there was a fight.

And 82 did not fare so well. I like that thorn knight whose halo is just 3 knives.

I wonder if the bird guy is related to Ys-Voya.

It's 2 Michael. He has the same face.

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

yeah that's 2 mike. And he seems to be totally aware of what is going on, is likely in complete cahoots with these thorn fucks and their mad "god" and set 82 white chain up for this meeting and conversion to thorn hood. But gently caress me if I have any clue what's going to happen now that she's refused, and he's seemingly intervened in her execution.

the future is WOW
Sep 9, 2005

I QUIT!
With Michael being in cahoots with the Thorns she might have an opportunity to strike a deal with him, offering to shepherd Alison towards the boy in exchange for the return of her old body. At least that way she can buy herself some more time without having to accept Juggernaut's deal (completely losing herself to the Thorn Knights) and hopefully find a way to wriggle out of such an unfairly one sided bargain.

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
I'm the angel whose head is just 3 knives.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Dr Christmas posted:

I'm the angel whose head is just 3 knives.

im the first dude counterclockwise from white chain, running like im late for the fight

SexyBlindfold
Apr 24, 2008
i dont care how much probation i get capital letters are for squares hehe im so laid back an nice please read my low effort shitposts about the arab spring

thanxs!!!
A couple of things to keep in mind:

- 82 can't tell a lie, so she can't fib her way out of this
- I'm pretty sure her old body doesn't exist anymore, so one way or another she's getting a makeover :dance:
- eat poo poo Mike
- 10's a chill dude, maybe he can hook her up with something?

SexyBlindfold fucked around with this message at 05:38 on Feb 2, 2016

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

Maybe she'll be able to get in touch with Allison somehow. I'm sure Allison could whip up a new shell given the materials and maybe a good bit of alcohol.

RoboCicero
Oct 22, 2009

"I'm sick and tired of reading these posts!"
Ah, 83 White Chain What Is This Body This Is Just Wine Bottles With A Few Holes Drawn On Them In Marker

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

it'd still be 82. But that would probably be better than getting stuck in a body that looks like a loving sailor scout.

Or maybe it'd be worse.