Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

squidgee posted:

West for President 2020.

Allen, Cornel, or Kanye?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cantorsdust
Aug 10, 2008

Infinitely many points, but zero length.
Ugh, the most disappointing of all primary results tonight. Canadian Weasel stumping Trump and Hillary beating Bernie just barely. Just ugh.

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames
I am a Trumpailure. I have wrapped it up and CANNOT BELIEVE HOW EXCITED I AM ABOUT MARCO!

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
https://twitter.com/daveweigel/status/694378874461794304

Joementum has vanquished his media world alter ego at last.

The Saurus
Dec 3, 2006

by Smythe
I wonder who we'll see Santorum and Hucklefuck endorse once they drop out. May be Cruz if he 's the evangelical leader, but everyone hates him.

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven
Part of me is happy that American-Fascism has been defeated, another part of me is sad that my main supply of absurdist comedy is about to die with it.

MaxxBot
Oct 6, 2003

you could have clapped

you should have clapped!!

Montasque posted:

Part of me is happy that American-Fascism has been defeated, another part of me is sad that my main supply of absurdist comedy is about to die with it.

Instead you get a significantly worse ideology coupled with absolutely zero humor.

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

The Saurus posted:

I wonder who we'll see Santorum and Hucklefuck endorse once they drop out. May be Cruz if he 's the evangelical leader, but everyone hates him.

Everyone hates them, too.

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
I stand by my bold prediction that Iowa would determine whether or not Donald Trump will be the nominee. And so I believe he will not.

ErIog
Jul 11, 2001

:nsacloud:

Montasque posted:

American fascism has not been defeated. They just thought Trump wasn't sufficiently committed enough to 2016 GOP fascism so they chose Cruz instead.

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

MaxxBot posted:

Instead you get a significantly worse ideology coupled with absolutely zero humor.

Cruz is unelectable but I am a bit worried about Rubio. Hillary has a bad track record with young minority first term senators.

ErIog posted:

American fascism has not been defeated. They just thought Trump wasn't sufficiently committed enough to 2016 GOP fascism so they chose Cruz instead.

Cruz isn't a fascist, he's a down the line Christian Conservative free-market constitutionalist racist type, and that maybe worse.

Montasque fucked around with this message at 05:48 on Feb 2, 2016

EXTREME INSERTION
Jun 4, 2011

by LadyAmbien
Cruz. Ted Cruz.

EXTREME INSERTION
Jun 4, 2011

by LadyAmbien

The Saurus posted:

I thought you got deported

The Saurus
Dec 3, 2006

by Smythe
Cruzin' to victory

Cruz EZ

The Saurus
Dec 3, 2006

by Smythe

EXTREME INSERTION posted:

I thought you got deported

Donald Trump isn't President yet

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

AllanGordon posted:

It was pointless for Trump to put too many resources into Iowa. They were the state that nominated Santorum and Hucklefuck. It was Cruz's to win hopefully by a huge margin but all he did was finish a few points ahead of Trump.

Cost/Benefit this is in Trump's favor.

Except Trump pushed super hard for Iowa. He went for the Palin endorsement and other shenanigans. He wanted to beat Cruz and he wanted it bad. He failed and now all that circus he caused was a waste of time. All those rallies, the movie screening with caucus instructions, he could have gotten this result coasting.

KaptainKrunk
Feb 6, 2006

America is well and truly hosed when people have more sympathy for idiot evangelicals fighting a lost culture war and empty-suit-loving greedy fucks than working-class whites who have been abandoned by both parties.

The kid-gloves treatment Cruz and Rubio by the media is pretty sickening given their actual policies and generally slimelike nature. It would be funny if it weren't outright classist.

AdmiralViscen
Nov 2, 2011

Shouldn't this thread be 10 pages longer just for all the apologies to Joementum for riding his rear end the last 6 months? There must be dozens of people who are due to eat crow for their preemptive gloating.

nah thanks
Jun 18, 2004

Take me out.

gret posted:

Allen, Cornel, or Kanye?

Yes.

AllanGordon
Jan 26, 2010

by Shine

TheTatteredKing posted:

Except Trump pushed super hard for Iowa. He went for the Palin endorsement and other shenanigans. He wanted to beat Cruz and he wanted it bad. He failed and now all that circus he caused was a waste of time. All those rallies, the movie screening with caucus instructions, he could have gotten this result coasting.

Compared to the c listers who lived in Iowa or Cruz who staked on Iowa it wasn't hard at all. Like he did more than Rubio but that's about it.

Palin endorsement helps him everywhere there are Palin fans. Anyway I don't think he would have done as well in Iowa as he did without all the work he put in. He had a lot to do to convince the corn fuckers that he believed in Jesus or w/e and wouldn't ban ethanol (which Cruz is against lol).

Donald Trump
Jan 31, 2016

by exmarx

TheTatteredKing posted:

I want to win , I push hard for everything. That's the attitude and energy you need to save this country.

See you in New Hampshire. Let Canada Ted have some fun preaching to the blind and stupid. So stupid, Iowans. 20 years of losers.

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

KaptainKrunk posted:

America is well and truly hosed when people have more sympathy for idiot evangelicals fighting a lost culture war and empty-suit-loving greedy fucks than working-class whites who have been abandoned by both parties.

The kid-gloves treatment Cruz and Rubio by the media is pretty sickening given their actual policies and sliminess. It would be funny if it weren't outright classist.

Working-Class whites only have themselves to blame. Sure Evangelicals are poo poo, but they actually mobilize and engage in the political process, not just get drunk and scream at their TV's in impotent rage.

AllanGordon
Jan 26, 2010

by Shine

AdmiralViscen posted:

Shouldn't this thread be 10 pages longer just for all the apologies to Joementum for riding his rear end the last 6 months? There must be dozens of people who are due to eat crow for their preemptive gloating.

Joe never thought that Trump could even place 2nd in Iowa for the vast majority of the thread (with good reason).

Beamed
Nov 26, 2010

Then you have a responsibility that no man has ever faced. You have your fear which could become reality, and you have Godzilla, which is reality.

AdmiralViscen posted:

I was halfway through quoting all the posts in just the last week describing how terrible Joementum and Nate Silver were, but then I realized those people would just go back to shitposting about other things so :v:

EDIT: Worst in my mind was just the other day someone posted "Nate Silver is having a breakdown on Twitter". Yikes.

Fiction
Apr 28, 2011

AdmiralViscen posted:

The Trumpstaffel in this thread have a lot of negative posting karma to answer for

Top Bunk Wanker
Jan 31, 2005

Top Trump Anger

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

I stand by my bold prediction that Iowa would determine whether or not Donald Trump will be the nominee. And so I believe he will not.

A man needs to stand by his principles.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Fuuuuuuck you Iowa

KaptainKrunk
Feb 6, 2006

Montasque posted:

Working-Class whites only have themselves to blame. Sure Evangelicals are poo poo, but they actually mobilize and engage in the political process, not just get drunk and scream at their TV's in impotent rage.

Sure, but it isn't hard to see why. Learned helplessness is a real thing. They also don't have nearly the same networks of social organization that those groups do.

HappyHippo
Nov 19, 2003
Do you have an Air Miles Card?
So the delegates are 8/7/6/2/1 for Cruz/Trump/Rubio/Carson/Paul, and 21/21 for Clinton/Bernie. Trump is only really down by one delegate.

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames
I apologize to Joementum, though I never even said a mean thing to him, will make it up for the slackers. Just saying, Marco may not go to Senate votes a lot, but he is a cool guy and the POTUS race is much more important than a job he is leaving. Marco is good and cool. Also, glad I held up on my MAGA hat purchase, Trump is going to be put down, LIKE A DOG. I love you all and would like to thank Jesus, truthfully, Trump was stealing the GOD from the GOP, now Marco will make America Christian Again. He really is a great guy.

RUBIO!

*leaves forums for the night*

AllanGordon
Jan 26, 2010

by Shine

HappyHippo posted:

So the delegates are 8/7/6/2/1 for Cruz/Trump/Rubio/Carson/Paul, and 21/21 for Clinton/Bernie. Trump is only really down by one delegate.

This is the end for Trump.

Really surprised at how well Rubio did. Is there any info on what caused this?

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Joe was right.

*hangs up phone.

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

Trump is.....gracious?

Presidential, even. It's almost as if he's serious about being in it to win it.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

AllanGordon posted:

Compared to the c listers who lived in Iowa or Cruz who staked on Iowa it wasn't hard at all. Like he did more than Rubio but that's about it.

Palin endorsement helps him everywhere there are Palin fans. Anyway I don't think he would have done as well in Iowa as he did without all the work he put in. He had a lot to do to convince the corn fuckers that he believed in Jesus or w/e and wouldn't ban ethanol (which Cruz is against lol).

Cruz and the no hopers are just jesus grifters. They don't campaign in Iowa to be president. I mean, I know I am going out on a limb to assume Cruz is transitioning to wing nut welfare already. As much as a poo poo he is he should be smart enough to know he doesn't have a national platform. But I thought before the results trump was going too hard for this. Iowa isn't worth it. But the momentum narrative was too important for him.

Palin is a falling star, if I understand. She has fans all over, and people who have disowned her too. Nate did an article on her gradually dipping favorables even in the party.

Prof. Lurker
Mar 10, 2015

I've got the fire of human liberty!

I'm setting fires everywhere!

And humans are turning on everywhere!
https://twitter.com/KatyTurNBC/status/694366502477131776

hosed up if true

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

I mean

Carson is dropping out. He just has more books to sell first.

Patter Song
Mar 26, 2010

Hereby it is manifest that during the time men live without a common power to keep them all in awe, they are in that condition which is called war; and such a war as is of every man against every man.
Fun Shoe

Montasque posted:

Joe was right.

*hangs up phone.

Perhaps.

If Trump also loses next Tuesday I'll admit that this is over. It's time to see whether Trump can weather his first serious setback. I tend to think he's more resilient than some of you do.

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
Ohhhhh SHIIIIIII-

Unzip and Attack
Mar 3, 2008

USPOL May
Isn't Trump up by like 20 points in NH? I mean, I know the media narrative will be that he "lost" (even though he only got 1 less delegate than Cruz) but surely that much of a swing is unlikely.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rudatron
May 31, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
Trump is not out of the running, but the importance of Iowa is that his 'aura of invulnerability' is totally crushed. All the polls had him leading, yet he loses - the next time he starts gloating over a poll, all another candidate can just point out that he lost Iowa despite polling well for it. Which will work against Trump, because he's built himself up on Being A Winner. The results are a real blow.

• Locked thread