Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

Did we make fun of this month's ps+ games yet? jfc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yechezkel
Oct 5, 2004

Fun Shoe
EU store:

Only 5 of the 6 PS+ games are available...

https://twitter.com/playstationeu/status/694481524549402624

...because Lemmings Touch is still on dale until midnight GMT. :cripes:

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Yechezkel posted:

The listing appears to be an unlock key, as there are no downloadable packages. Is that right?

Yeah, the game has a 9 gig patch now. I actually checked a few games last night and quite a few seem to be going this huge patch route now, somewhat troubling, kind of wondering if it's still worth tracking patch sizes.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Katana Gomai posted:

You should be jumping for joy to see a an ArcSys game available for less than 60 dollars

Skychrono
May 11, 2007

I'll make you cry like I did when my daddy died!
Is BroForce actually fun, or is it like that not-really-Metal-Slug game from last year?

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

We're getting a Bandai Namco sale this week.

Anime games and Dark Souls for everyone.

Dark Souls 2 (PS3)
Dark Souls 2 Remaster (PS3 / PS4)
DBZ Xenoverse (PS3 / PS4)
DBZ Battle of Z (PS3 / PSV)
J-Stars Victory (PS4 / PS3 / PSV)
Ni No Kuni (PS3)
One Piece Pirate Warriors 2 (PS3)
One Piece Unlimited World Red (PS3 / PSV)
One Piece Pirate Warriors 3 (PS4/PS3/PSV)
Project Cars (PS4)
Sword Art Online (PSV/PS4)
Tales of Graces F (PS3)
Tales of Hearts R (PSV)
Tales of Xillia (PS3)
Tales of Xillia (PS4)
Tales of Zestria (PS3/PS4)

All at some decent prices too.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Skychrono posted:

Is BroForce actually fun, or is it like that not-really-Metal-Slug game from last year?

It's dumb, but it's fun.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Also the EA Sports games other than Madden seem to be heavily discounted, as is Need for Speed 2015.

Armor-Piercing
Sep 22, 2009

Nightly dance
of bleeding swords

Captain Yossarian
Feb 24, 2011

All new" Rings of Fire"

Wanna play that katamari

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Why the gently caress did All-Star Battle go on sale once and never again gently caress you bamco

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Baal posted:

Why the gently caress did All-Star Battle go on sale once and never again gently caress you bamco

Don't you own like five copies as-is?

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I sold my english copy because I thought I would just need my Japanese one and now I realize I need an english copy for reasons

Amazon is selling codes for like 30 buck tho, so eh

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

I will not.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

So Kos/Kosm is just the King of the Cosmos then?

Man, Micolash is gonna be so let down. Or maybe not?

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

Katana Gomai posted:

theyre good

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

ACES CURE PLANES posted:

So Kos/Kosm is just the King of the Cosmos then?

Man, Micolash is gonna be so let down. Or maybe not?

Grant us eyes, grant us eyes...

Yes! We need a Katamari filled with eyes.

Go now, little one.

Arooooooo!

Watrick
Mar 15, 2007

C:enter:###
Are any of the Helldivers DLC necessary for the game?

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Helldivers is good but I'm getting tired of PS+ games being games I bought on pc two weeks earlier. :argh:

I'll probably poke at Nom-Nom Galaxy and Nova though, which is more than I can say about last month's stuff.

Watrick posted:

No, they're all sidegrades for existing weapons and stratagems except the snow boots.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
None of them are strictly necessary, but the Ranger pack's Humblebee UAV is probably the single best call-in in the game because it reveals all samples on the map.

MisterAlex
Dec 4, 2004

For Blood, Comic Mischief, Mature Humor, Nudity, Strong Language, Suggestive Themes, Use of Alcohol, and Intense Violence.

Online Interactions Not Rated.

Lemon Curdistan posted:

None of them are strictly necessary, but the Ranger pack's Humblebee UAV is probably the single best call-in in the game because it reveals all samples on the map.

Yes, this is what I would say, too. My friends benefit greatly from my presence since I always have the Humblebee in my loadout. It's really awesome to have.

Watrick
Mar 15, 2007

C:enter:###

Lemon Curdistan posted:

Weird, it shows that I purchased the Ranger pack, so I guess I'm all set!

Chekans 3 16
Jan 2, 2012

No Resetti.
No Continues.

Grimey Drawer
Looks like the Ranger pack is included with PS plus, that's pretty cool.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

The Mass Effect 3 DLC is finally on sale!!!

Okuteru
Nov 10, 2007

Choose this life you're on your own
Finally getting around to playing Guacamelee. You can piledrive a chicken. Game of the Year.

MisterAlex
Dec 4, 2004

For Blood, Comic Mischief, Mature Humor, Nudity, Strong Language, Suggestive Themes, Use of Alcohol, and Intense Violence.

Online Interactions Not Rated.

Forceholy posted:

Finally getting around to playing Guacamelee. You can piledrive a chicken. Game of the Year.

Be sure to check out the posters and stuff in the background. I remember there being references to Strong Bad, Goat Simulator, and a bunch of other silly things. :)

Overlord K
Jun 14, 2009

Watrick posted:

So is there a way to to get the bonus DLC stuff in the helldivers version that's up for PS+ if I already own the game?

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Harlock posted:

We're getting a Bandai Namco sale this week.

Anime games and Dark Souls for everyone.

Dark Souls 2 (PS3)
Dark Souls 2 Remaster (PS3 / PS4)
DBZ Xenoverse (PS3 / PS4)
DBZ Battle of Z (PS3 / PSV)
J-Stars Victory (PS4 / PS3 / PSV)
Ni No Kuni (PS3)
One Piece Pirate Warriors 2 (PS3)
One Piece Unlimited World Red (PS3 / PSV)
One Piece Pirate Warriors 3 (PS4/PS3/PSV)
Project Cars (PS4)
Sword Art Online (PSV/PS4)
Tales of Graces F (PS3)
Tales of Hearts R (PSV)
Tales of Xillia (PS3)
Tales of Xillia (PS4)
Tales of Zestria (PS3/PS4)

All at some decent prices too.

gently caress YES.

gently caress.
YES.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

gently caress YES.

gently caress.
YES.

i am halfway into tales of zestria and its better than most of the tales games i've played. also the theme song is amazing and i watch the whole 2 minute long intro every session
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oDME9eOzd1o

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Real hurthling! posted:

i am halfway into tales of zestria and its better than most of the tales games i've played. also the theme song is amazing and i watch the whole 2 minute long intro every session

My favorite opening is probably Graces, cause I really like the song.

Xillia 2 going on sale is also good, though I should really finish Xillia 1.

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Real hurthling! posted:

The best theme is Zaveid's theme.

http://youtu.be/ZUPPJJAEAmk

Magil of Shadow
Dec 28, 2009

Proposal: Form a friendly relationship immediately.

"You have GOT to be kidding me"

Real hurthling! posted:

If I'm a fan of Tales of Vesperia, would I enjoy Zestria?

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Nova 111 is pretty okay! Helldivers is great, but I don't think I care about Nom Nom Galaxy.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Magil of Shadow posted:

the characters are pretty solid and the combat feels good. the only thing that kinda sucks is the camera can get hosed up if you get into a battle in a narrow hallway since there's no separate battle arena screen anymore. otherwise it plays like a nicely streamlined tales game.

Mayor McCheese
Sep 20, 2004

Everyone is a mayor... Someday..
Lipstick Apathy
On the other hand I did not enjoy Zestria as much as the others. Holy poo poo that bad camera, and then there's the combat which takes a while before becoming more flashy & over the top. Xillia 2 has everyone in classy suits and there's quite a bit of jazz, making it my favorite of the bunch that's on sale. There's some bad stuff, though, like not being able to switch characters on the world map, reused assets, but I thought the setting and combat made up for it.

barren_sky
May 6, 2004

Magil of Shadow posted:

Tales of Vesperia is quite a step up from every other Tales game I've tried, especially in terms of characters, plot, and dialogue. I keep trying new Tales games hoping one of them will live up to it and am always disappointed.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Zesteria is probably my least favourite Tales game that I've played but it's not bad either.

Woptendo
Mar 23, 2006

barren_sky posted:

Tales of Vesperia is quite a step up from every other Tales game I've tried, especially in terms of characters, plot, and dialogue. I keep trying new Tales games hoping one of them will live up to it and am always disappointed.

Same. It was also the first Tales game I played. I kinda regret that as every Tales game I've played since feels like a step back.

Parkingtigers
Feb 23, 2008
TARGET CONSUMER
LOVES EVERY FUCKING GAME EVER MADE. EVER.

Kirios posted:

The Mass Effect 3 DLC is finally on sale!!!

Yes, good news. Had some credit on my account so bought everything except Citadel, which I'll get at the weekend. Finally ready for my all-trilogy run with all the DLC.

So, I need a non-spoiler guide to Mass Effect 2 and 3 as regards DLC. At what point should each one be played? I've held off playing the sequels for years, and want to make this run as good as possible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Parkingtigers posted:

Yes, good news. Had some credit on my account so bought everything except Citadel, which I'll get at the weekend. Finally ready for my all-trilogy run with all the DLC.

So, I need a non-spoiler guide to Mass Effect 2 and 3 as regards DLC. At what point should each one be played? I've held off playing the sequels for years, and want to make this run as good as possible.

The DLCs for Mass Effect 2 can pretty much be played anytime without any serious effect on the story. You'll generally want to finish everything (sidequests, loyalty missions, etc.) before the final set of missions (the game will be pretty clear when that is).

With regards to ME3, I haven't played Omega or Leviathan so I can't tell you anything about them, but Citadel should be played near the end of the game so you have all available characters.

• Locked thread