Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Frozen_flame
Feb 14, 2012

Press A to Protect Earth!
Finally a good betting win. All hail the pureblooded team.

E: Fight on the previous page. Everyone died to a Uranium-bodied Unicorn Forbidden Beast.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer

jon joe posted:

Hi. I will be your new teammate shortly and I need a way to speak to your privately, to relay our Lightly Whipped Secret Battle Plan for the purpose of defeating Hell's Dentists next round and, preferably, winning every round thereafter.

Actually, know what, I'll just buy you plat. I'll need the email associated with your account, though.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Oh, if "infiltrating lightly whipped and uncovering their secret battle plans" is the goal, just send them a group email and they'll blithely respond with all the info you need. In my experience, anyhow.

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer

Bad Munki posted:

Oh, if "infiltrating lightly whipped and uncovering their secret battle plans" is the goal, just send them a group email and they'll blithely respond with all the info you need. In my experience, anyhow.

No no, I'm not infiltrating, I'm joining.

Also, the plan is mine.

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker
Dusseldwarf reaches double figures, the all-dwarf team still one of the most dangerous.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Yes, our secret battle plans, where Lightly Whipped might not be enough info :rolleyes:

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
I don't know if I can condone this level of tactical planning. I just hit random buttons while sleep deprived and/or drunk and see what happens.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

goatface posted:

I don't know if I can condone this level of tactical planning. I just hit random buttons while sleep deprived and/or drunk and see what happens.

Wait, we can press buttons and somehow influence our fighters' builds? Holy crap, this changes everything :aaaaa:

e: Wait, I'm still confused, I don't see where I get to change my fighter. I've always just used the arena site to put in a name, pressed the button, and then I'm done and wait for the results to roll in, are you all doing something different?

Like I thought maybe the "manage fighters" thing would help, am I doing this wrong?

:confused:

Bad Munki fucked around with this message at 02:56 on Feb 1, 2016

Ramc
May 4, 2008

Bringing your thread to a screeching halt, guaranteed.

jon joe posted:

Actually, know what, I'll just buy you plat. I'll need the email associated with your account, though.

Buy me plat too so I can tell you the secret plan of the Plump Helmets.

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer

Bad Munki posted:

Wait, we can press buttons and somehow influence our fighters' builds? Holy crap, this changes everything :aaaaa:

e: Wait, I'm still confused, I don't see where I get to change my fighter. I've always just used the arena site to put in a name, pressed the button, and then I'm done and wait for the results to roll in, are you all doing something different?

Like I thought maybe the "manage fighters" thing would help, am I doing this wrong?

:confused:

Woah who gave this guy Cheesemaking, that's overpowered as hell! Nerf Bad Munki!

goatface posted:

Don't worry your part in the plan is simplest at all. C'mon, don't you want to sow chaos?

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer

Ramc posted:

Buy me plat too so I can tell you the secret plan of the Plump Helmets.

I'll buy you plat if you are the top bettor at the end of these initial 18 rounds.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer

jon joe posted:

Don't worry your part in the plan is simplest at all. C'mon, don't you want to sow chaos?

ugh, fine. I already sacrificed my ideals when I cowed to whip pressure. m.w.kAThotmailDOTcoDOTuk is probably the thing. I'm going to sleep now though.

Jazzimus Prime
May 16, 2002

The Brothers Autobot
jon joe, you are now the manager of the fighter Ghost-trees.

Coward
Sep 10, 2009

I say we take off and surrender unconditionally from orbit.

It's the only way to be sure

Nah, that seems like a gouda build to me. Killing guys in the arena should be a bries.

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous
I am going to give a suggestion which folks may not like: Since jon joe is taking over a fighter, how about the fighter's equipement and skills get reset to starting values, plus the participation bonuses gained so far? So that jon joe can design a build instead of making incredibly minor adjustements to an already existing one.

edit: ^^^^ Uggghhhhh

Cathode Raymond
Dec 30, 2015

My antenna is telling me that you're probably wrong about this.
Soiled Meat
Or maybe like do this but instead of doing this we do the thing that I am about to suggest, which is reset all the points but give the fighter to someone else, like maybe a newb who doesn't have a fighter yet I dunno I mean who even cares? Not me, that's for sure.

Krysmphoenix
Jul 29, 2010
If anyone gives me another fighter, I'm giving them a bow asap.

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer

goatface posted:

ugh, fine. I already sacrificed my ideals when I cowed to whip pressure. m.w.kAThotmailDOTcoDOTuk is probably the thing. I'm going to sleep now though.

Enjoy you plat! P.S. You'll need to set up PMs so I can actually message you, I think.

Jazzimus Prime posted:

jon joe, you are now the manager of the fighter Ghost-trees.

Woop!

my dad posted:

I am going to give a suggestion which folks may not like: Since jon joe is taking over a fighter, how about the fighter's equipement and skills get reset to starting values, plus the participation bonuses gained so far? So that jon joe can design a build instead of making incredibly minor adjustements to an already existing one.

I see this being highly abusable. Nah, I shall fight justly with nary a complaint, so my victory may be all the sweeter! (Though, at the very least, I would not complain about being given the missing participation points).

Emmideer fucked around with this message at 04:12 on Feb 1, 2016

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Coward posted:

Nah, that seems like a gouda build to me. Killing guys in the arena should be a bries.

Marry me

ZeeToo
Feb 20, 2008

I'm a kitty!

my dad posted:

We've done mid-tournament takeovers for missing managers before; standard has always been "as is", just like any used-product salesman likes. This lets everyone else have some idea of what they're dealing with; it's arguably unfair to let someone throw in a cipher midway.

Also I suspect it's easier on Jazzimus. :v:

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer

jon joe posted:

Enjoy you plat! P.S. You'll need to set up PMs so I can actually message you, I think.

Will this stream of demands never end!

Ta, I did that.

Ramc
May 4, 2008

Spermy Smurf posted:

Oh my god I hate this week.

Next week should be better. Fight will be posted Monday I think!

:colbert:

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
So thats not happening.

Also, I vote against letting whoever rebuild their fighter because I specifically engineered my fighter to beat that one, whatever it is.

My fighter is useless, except against that one fighter. A prophecy struck me saying that I would carry our team to victory in the finals if I did this.

Turns out I was just hallucinating off of peyote.

The point is no less valid for that, though.

Spermy Smurf fucked around with this message at 03:13 on Feb 2, 2016

Coward
Sep 10, 2009

I say we take off and surrender unconditionally from orbit.

It's the only way to be sure

We were feta'd to be together.

ZeeToo
Feb 20, 2008

I'm a kitty!
I can run the fight, of course. It's my team, and I desperately need to win to keep in the betting pool, but apart from that I have no vested interest in the fight. :shobon:

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
Daaamn did you do this whole round? I will run it in 12hrs.

I should have run your team first!

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
:siren: Round 8, Fight 4 :siren:

Team 13: Heavyweight Horrorshow is on the left side of the arena.
Here comes Mongo! (Endorph) is a male troll. He is empty handed and wears a copper helm, leather armor, an iron mail shirt, a copper mail shirt, leather leggings, leather gauntlets, and leather low boots.
ShortName (ZeeToo) is a male molemarian. He wields a copper spear and wears a bronze helm, a copper breast plate, bronze gauntlets, and bronze high boots.
Face (Godna) is a male troll. He wields a copper two-handed sword and wears an iron breast plate, iron greaves, and silver high boots.
Jakob (frankenfreak) is a male werewolf. He wields two copper mauls and wears a copper helm and leather armor.

A Tarantino Film is on the right side of the arena.
Uma Thurman (AnoHito) is a female human. She wields a steel two-handed sword and wears leather armor.
Urist McLee (Fuubi) is a male dwarf. He is empty handed and wears a copper helm.
Snarls Barkley (Bene Elim) is a female werewolf. She wields a bronze pike and a wooden shield and wears a bronze helm and bronze gauntlets.
Solomon Rabinowitz (Added Space) is a male serpent man. He is empty handed and wears a steel helm, a steel mail shirt, steel gauntlets, and steel high boots.

A Tarantino Film is a 1.68 to 1 betting favorite in this match with 3395.00 dwarfbucks in total bets placed on them, compared to 2015.00 dwarfbucks for Team 13: Heavyweight Horrorshow.

ShortName lances his spear into Uma's leg, tearing the fat. I didn't realize Uma had an ounce of fat on her. She should probably do some squats or something. Anyway, it's first blood with the very first swing. Mongo follows that up with a gore that bruises Uma's ulna.

Mongo grabs Uma by the throat, and then lets go to charge her for some reason. Uma is down, stunned for a moment but quickly rolls to her feet.

Solomon the snakeman retaliates by biting Jakob in the neck! His teeth are turned away by leather armor, lucky for the werewolf. Jakob's maul finally makes an appearance and blindsides Solomon . Solomon has steel mail on, so he only takes a bruise to the spine.

Mongo bites Uma's sword-hand, tearing arteries and ligaments. Uma doesn't seem to mind and sends her sword into Mongo's thigh. Down goes Mongo!

Snarls is not fixated on any one opponent, just swinging wildly at anything within range. It turns out to be a pretty good plan when his pike slashes ShortName across the gut, tearing muscle and opening arteries.

Urist... Well, I haven't said anything about him yet because he's punching and causing minor bruises to skin.

The gladiators have all moved to 1v1 fights from what it looks like. The logs will prove me wrong I bet.

Solomon decides charging the larger werewolf is a good idea. He falls to the floor stunned instead.

Up top Mongo tries to climb on top of Uma, but that didn't work very well for Buck and it doesn't work here. She squirms away, standing over the downed troll and swings. The pommel of the sword sends troll teeth flying across the arena.

Shortname and Snarls duel for a minute before Face the troll takes Snarl's attention. Snarls takes one of Shortname's feet off before turning to face the troll. Urist dodges away from... nothing? I don't even know.

Mongo does the impossible. He grabs Uma's middle finger with his upper leg. Then he throws her with his left upper leg. Incredible thigh dexterity from the troll!

Uma lands with a thump and swings her deadly sword. Mongo's foot is now chopped to poo poo, and he passes out from pain.

Urist McLee decides to join the fight and punches ShortName a few times. ShortName cannot land a blow against the dodgy little dwarf.

Jakob is charging and stunning Solomon down bottom right, not letting the snakeman up for an instant. Solomons armor is protecting him very well, the copper maul is no match for the steel armor. Jakob finally finds a weak spot and crushes the snakemans forked tongue with his huge maul.

Snarls Barkley finally lands a blow against Face's foot, and the huge troll falls to the floor. A second blow cracks a bone in his arm, and Face passes out.

Uma removes Mongo's head with her next swing.

Jakob bites Solomon in the eye after charging and knocking him down a few more times. The eye spurts blood everywhere.
Solomon Rabinowitz_TAR: Thosssse injuriessss... Thisss doesssn't ssscare me.

Uma limps (with 2 gored limbs) to help Urist against the downed moleman ShortName. Shortname plants his spear in Uma's arm, forcing her to drop her sword. There are now 2 unarmed fighters trying to do more than bruise ShortName.

Snarls Barkley splits Face's skull and turns to help against the moleman.

Jakob bruises Solomons spleen, and then bites off his fang. That's a ballsy move for sure. Remember to spit out the venom!

ShortName puts his spear into Uma's foot, and the human passes out from pain, still enraged. The molemans spear somehow does not kill Uma when it's lodged in her skull a moment later.

Jakob focus' on the only unarmored part of Solomon, and crushes his mouth.

Snarls Barkley is really taking advantage of ShortName focusing on Uma. The werewolf shatters and removes two of the molemans legs in quick succession, sending him to the floor.

Jakob slams his maul into Solomons chest, breaking ribs and knocking the snakeman to the floor despite the steel armor. Another swing with all of his might crushes Solomon's lower body and ends his life.

Jakob charges north to help Shortname who is feeling faint from blood loss. He arrives to a 4-way, the very bad kind.

Snarls is slicing and dicing ShortName, while Urist latches on with his teeth. Jakob arrives on scene and slams his maul onto Uma's already-split-wide-open head, but fails to secure a kill. A second blow bruises the skull. A third blow fractures the skull...

Snarls takes ShortName's tongue out, and then Urist punches his hand so hard that it explodes. In the same instant ShortName bleeds to death, and Urist is awarded the kill. Urist the kill-stealing dwarf, somehow managed to do dick all fight, but gets a kill.

Jakob does not get time for another blow to secure a second kill for himself. Snarls and Urist (mostly Snarls, lets be honest) turn their attention to him.

Urist McLee's foot is shattered by Jakobs maul, and the dwarf rolls away crying like a little bitch.

Jakob smashes Snarls' ribs to bits, but at the same time Snarls fractures Jakob's foot and he falls to the floor.

Before Jakob can react, Snarls puts his pike into his leg and Jakob passes out from the pain. Snarls splits his head right down the middle moments later.

Tarantino Film pull out a victory over their larger opponents.

Kills:
Uma Thurman: 1
Snarls Barkley: 2
Urist 'kill theif' McLee: 1

Jakob: 1

Combat Log

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
:siren:The round is done:siren:

Go ahead and upgrade your fighters, and someone let My Dad know that he's not allowed to do math and think things through in advance. He needs to spend his points randomly like everyone else does.

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker
With that result, A Tarantino Film and the Heavyweight Horrorshow have drawn level on 14 kills apiece. Only Lightly Whipped, A Furry, Farmer and 2 Cows and This Bites have fewer.

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous
Hm... I'm actually worried about our fight with Team13. It'll be interesting to see how this one pans out.

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
And my team gets to fight an archer team. Whats the over/under on us losing a 4v3 melee with the archer missing every shot?

Edit: Holy poo poo we're 2nd in the division with a +3 kill differential. Did not expect that.

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer
I just placed a 10,000 dollar bet on my new team, Lightly Whipped, because I believe*.

*That now that i have a fighter, that is enough to have fun.

Added Space
Jul 13, 2012

Free Markets
Free People

Curse you Hayard-Gunnes!
It this more DF weird coding where skills are applied backward or something? How come I keep missing attacks and people keep biting me?

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
I'm going to guess you have low attack-skill-levels because of all of the steel armor you're wearing.

ZeeToo
Feb 20, 2008

I'm a kitty!

my dad posted:

Hm... I'm actually worried about our fight with Team13. It'll be interesting to see how this one pans out.

As part of Team 13... why? :confused: I figured we had much better chance of a win last round, and you can see how that played out. Not planning on throwing this, but... you're worried about us?

jon joe posted:

I just placed a 10,000 dollar bet on my new team, Lightly Whipped, because I believe*.

*That now that i have a fighter, that is enough to have fun.

That's the spirit!

Added Space posted:

It this more DF weird coding where skills are applied backward or something? How come I keep missing attacks and people keep biting me?

To the latter: poo poo be weird, yo. To the former: no, and we have tested that. Just to be safe. This is just how AI fighters fight and how random factors play out.

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous

ZeeToo posted:

As part of Team 13... why? :confused: I figured we had much better chance of a win last round, and you can see how that played out. Not planning on throwing this, but... you're worried about us?

Your fighter in particular is a nasty piece of work.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

my guy absorbs hits sometimes

Ramc
May 4, 2008

ZeeToo posted:

I am less worried than MyDad. I'll let him do any explaining though.

Also... Urist was... crying!?

CRYING!?

Shameful.

Frozen_flame
Feb 14, 2012

Press A to Protect Earth!
God dammit I need more points to buy a Platinum Helmet. Someone help Braun be stupidbrave

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PotatoManJack
Nov 9, 2009
Man it gets expensive to upgrade weapon skills past a certain point, starting to wonder about my upgrade strategy...