Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?
Yeah.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost
I'm pretty sure this is some weird interpolation error from having a small sample size.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Can the enemy team still see which champ you hovered in p/b making hovering something you actually want super dumb if you're pick trading?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

rabidsquid posted:

Can the enemy team still see which champ you hovered in p/b making hovering something you actually want super dumb if you're pick trading?

No, teams can't see the other side until they pick.

Junji Eat More
Oct 22, 2005

You don't know it, but you are full of stahs

ImpAtom posted:

No, teams can't see the other side until they pick.

That's not what he's asking - currently, if I hover Zed at initial select, when it's my turn to pick, the enemy will see that. If I pick a completely different champion like Thresh, with no role overlap, it's pretty obvious a swap is in the works.

I guess you could twelve-dimensional chess this by hovering a fake-out champion, but I'd rather the issue didn't exist at all.

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
I have literally been trying to play for 20 minutes and each time someone has sent us back to the queue because they didn't loving lock in

Coca Koala
Nov 28, 2005

ongoing nowhere
College Slice

Necronomiconomist posted:

That's not what he's asking - currently, if I hover Zed at initial select, when it's my turn to pick, the enemy will see that. If I pick a completely different champion like Thresh, with no role overlap, it's pretty obvious a swap is in the works.

I guess you could twelve-dimensional chess this by hovering a fake-out champion, but I'd rather the issue didn't exist at all.

I think Riot has said they're going to fix this in a patch or two.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
Okay after testing a lot of Jhin games against bots the way to go seems to be flat AD runes, first item Infinity Edge/Essence Reaver

I want to make him work middle, but there's too many people playing Fizz and Talon this patch for someone without a really good dash/disengage (Kiting is great but there's no kiting an instagib a screen away)

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
Why not Ghostblade? The active even gives him more AD

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

The IE passive isn't good enough to complete it as the very first item for typical IE ADCs, its better to buy the BF sword then finish the zeal item then finish the IE. Without investigating how his goofy passive interacts with itemization I don't know what the best path is but that passive almost definitely isn't worthwhile on him as a first complete item either.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

kingcobweb posted:

Why not Ghostblade? The active even gives him more AD
I'm an aggressive support player and I frown anytime someone comes back with an item that isn't a BF sword I will not condone a passive 10 minutes waiting for a Ghostblade

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

RealFoxy posted:

I'm an aggressive support player and I frown anytime someone comes back with an item that isn't a BF sword I will not condone a passive 10 minutes waiting for a Ghostblade

But I come back with a Sheen on Ez, please don't hurt me.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

I come back with a tear on Ez and can still win the lane :c00l:

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Gridlocked posted:

But I come back with a Sheen on Ez, please don't hurt me.
I don't even come back to lane if my ADC is Ezreal. He gonna farm passively while I snowball jungle and mid because most Ezreal are either out of mana indefinitely or never hit skillshots so why bother :v:

e: GBM is rushing ER and I'd trust him over most other pros. Everyone else is building ER or IE except Pobelter (Who built the Ghostblade)

RealFoxy fucked around with this message at 02:22 on Feb 2, 2016

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

RealFoxy posted:

I don't even come back to lane if my ADC is Ezreal. He gonna farm passively while I snowball jungle and mid because most Ezreal are either out of mana indefinitely or never hit skillshots so why bother :v:

e: GBM is rushing ER and I'd trust him over most other pros. Everyone else is building ER or IE except Pobelter (Who built the Ghostblade)

Yeah that's me.

A Stupid Baby
Dec 31, 2002

lip up fatty

Servaetes posted:

You guys are making GBS threads on support Nunu but check out them incredible stats on 125+ games as support Nunu on champion.gg...

I bought a shitload of MP5 runes based on someone's terrible idiot theorycrafting in the old thread to try it out. You are going to OOM but you should be able to maintain pressure against an average range ADC and a melee or short ranged (Thresh) support until first back, then pick up Kage and some more pots and it's going to be a problem to deal with that poo poo.

I think the problem is that you're still Nunu, being someone's 7th item isn't really as good as it used to be and because of all the passive gold in the game you're giving up having an actual good itemized tank like Alistar or an actual good itemized mage like Brand or VK.

fishception
Feb 20, 2011

~carrier has arrived~
Oven Wrangler
So team builder is gone? The gently caress? Who thought this was a good idea?

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

Sperglord Firecock posted:

So team builder is gone? The gently caress? Who thought this was a good idea?

The new champ select does basically the same thing but better?

Mikujin
May 25, 2010

(also a lightning rod)

Rurea posted:

The new champ select does basically the same thing but better?

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?
Welp, my account has completely vanished and been replaced with a level one account whose name I don't recognize. This is going to be fun to get figured out.

Gibberish
Sep 17, 2002

by R. Guyovich
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4-qvYKOAR1k

Y'all wrong as gently caress

Basically you need IE first item to offset his passive, and if you don't you're loving yourself over

Impotence
Nov 8, 2010
Lipstick Apathy

The Lord of Hats posted:

Welp, my account has completely vanished and been replaced with a level one account whose name I don't recognize. This is going to be fun to get figured out.

what old summoenr name and region ?

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?

Biowarfare posted:

what old summoenr name and region ?

The Lord of Hats, North America. Login name got changed to dawarsubordinate, and I had to pick a new summoner name when I logged in with it and also I lost all my stuff.

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost

Gibberish posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4-qvYKOAR1k

Y'all wrong as gently caress

Basically you need IE first item to offset his passive, and if you don't you're loving yourself over

He said 4% = 0.004. Lots of stuff he said is wrong.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

Methanar posted:

He said 4% = 0.004. Lots of stuff he said is wrong.

4%*(10%*x)

He expands his brackets.

IDK if his actual math of the passive is right or not, but all he did there was expand the brackets.

Hope this helps Methanar

Gridlocked fucked around with this message at 08:53 on Feb 2, 2016

Elpato
Oct 14, 2009

I hate to spoil the ending, but...some stuff gets eaten, y'know?
Essence Reaver rush seems nice since every fourth bullet is going to crit anyway. Also CDR.

Mottie
Mar 30, 2011

Jhin...... is good.
(questionably)

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
Back in plat for this season and my division name is the loving best

TWITCH'S ALCHEMISTS :c00l:

Bland
Aug 31, 2008

Winner Of The TRP I dont actually remember the contest im pretty high right now here's your venkys tag

Jhin is reminding me a lot of release Vel'Koz right now. A lot of damage in his kit but he has next to zero mobility in a lane typically filled with assassin's. I feel like he requires a very disengage focused support if he goes bot too.

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
Don't know what the stats look like, but the Rengar nerfs seem pretty big to me. Your early clear is way worse now. The changes to his Q incentivize getting AD but I think bruiser Rengar (a mix of AD and tank but more to the tank side) may be a better build now. Anyways, it's bad.

e:

AD game, pretty painful:

Bruiser game, much better but my lanes also owned so maybe not representative:

Sexpansion fucked around with this message at 16:08 on Feb 2, 2016

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

I deeply respect you as a human being... Some day I'm gonna make you *Mrs* Buck Turgidson!

Grimey Drawer

kingcobweb posted:

Back in plat for this season and my division name is the loving best

TWITCH'S ALCHEMISTS :c00l:

Congrats on getting back to plat. I went from Plat 3 to being placed in Silver 1, got up to gold 4, then fell back to gold 5, haha.

I mean I'm playing against like all former plats though so I feel like if I'm just hovering around wherever they put me it's not a huge deal, I just have to :gitgud:

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
dynamic queue doesn't solve the issue of people arguing about picks so it's a bad system and I want team builder back

Coco Rodreguiz
Jan 12, 2007

Peckerhead isn't used enough as an insult if you ask me.
I'm fine with dynamic queue for ranked, but I think normals should just be team builder and blind pick. Sometimes I just wanna take Alistair top and that was way easier in team builder.

Gibberish
Sep 17, 2002

by R. Guyovich
I lost a game where the other teams' Jhin came back when everyone was level 12 and he was level 1.

Sometime you wonder if Dr. Mundo players are literally Dr. Mundo behind their keyboards

Gibberish
Sep 17, 2002

by R. Guyovich
ayyyyyy I got into the closed beta

I'm thinking the first thing I need to do once I log in is change my name to "SKT T1 Faker" and "imaqtpie" or something so that those fuckbois can never use their real account names

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
t-that was the closed beta email? I thought it was spam!

Unfortunately it looks like the deadline is over.

Safety Scissors
Feb 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
So I played this game some. When do I have to lock in? When is it ok not to lock in?

Etrips
Nov 9, 2004

Having Teemo Problems?
I Feel Bad For You, Son.
I Got 99 Shrooms
And You Just Hit One.

Safety Scissors posted:

So I played this game some. When do I have to lock in? When is it ok not to lock in?

Instalock always.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Support Nunu is the definitive silver league pick haters. :tbear:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poulpe
Nov 11, 2006
Canadian Santa Extraordinaire
Welp, Canadian RP is getting more expensive in two weeks :canada:

Apparently it'll still be cheaper than American after the mark up but if any of you want to get in on some super cheap RP, now's the time

• Locked thread