Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is the man??
This poll is closed.
Goku 202 7.09%
Vegeta 279 9.79%
Krillin 208 7.30%
Piccolo or his nameks 212 7.44%
Gohan or Cool Gohan 135 4.74%
Yamcha 90 3.16%
Tien 120 4.21%
Muten Roshi 89 3.12%
Tao Pai Pai 71 2.49%
Frieza 69 2.42%
Cell or an android 86 3.02%
Buu 62 2.18%
Hercule "Mark" Satan 327 11.48%
Videl 90 3.16%
Bulma 104 3.65%
Yajirobe 99 3.47%
Ginyu or other Frieza squad guy 68 2.39%
King kai or another kai 53 1.86%
Chi-Chi 83 2.91%
Goten 43 1.51%
Trunks or Cool Trunks 112 3.93%
Bardock 48 1.68%
Other villain of DB,Z, or GT(please post about it!) 41 1.44%
Uub 42 1.47%
Oolong 90 3.16%
Zamasu 26 0.91%
Total: 1326 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

I watched the episode of GT today with the deer and Pan.

As weird as Toriyama could get, he never did anything that bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Raxivace posted:

I watched the episode of GT today with the deer and Pan.

As weird as Toriyama could get, he never did anything that bad.

Low point of the canon? Quite possibly!

readingatwork
Jan 8, 2009

Hello Fatty!

Fun Shoe
Caught episode 4 of GT tonight while watching the primaries:
  • Annoying robot friend continues to be annoying.
  • So here we learn that Goku's Instant Transmission ability no longer works because he's a kid now. Which, as has been discussed before, makes no sense because he's still retained both his adult faculties and the ability to sense and manipulate ki.
  • Now that I think about it Goku being rendered largely useless in a fight would have been a pretty interesting turn of events. In addition to forcing him to have to think of non-violent solutions to problems it would have pushed him into more of a mentor/teacher role for Pan and Trunks which I would have loved to have seen.
  • This is probably a good time to mention that the character design work in this show is really bad. Here's what our current villain's henchmen look like:

• Goku and co seem to have forgotten that they can fly.
  • Pan to the man who curb-stomped the entire Red Ribon Army by himself at the age of 13: “If you start a fight more guards will come! THEN WHAT WILL WE DO!?”. :allears:
  • Wait. Wasn't Freeza the most terrifying thing in the known universe just a couple decades ago? I'm pretty sure any of our heroes could could kick his rear end at this point so why are they bothering to sneak around so much?
  • No really, Goku can quite literally blow up this entire planet with a misplaced fart. Why the hell are they so afraid of getting caught!?
  • Pan nearly starts crying because she got hit with an empty soda can. *groan*
  • Why are bulletproof characters bothering to dodge gunfire?
  • Soda can thing aside Pan is back to being kind of badass so there's that at least.
  • In my head-cannon the comically high bounties placed on the character's heads has less to do with them stealing their ship back and more to do with the fact that the villains are familiar with Sayan's reputation as a race of genocidal monsters.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

projecthalaxy posted:

Low point of the canon? Quite possibly!

Canon?

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer

readingatwork posted:

Caught episode 4 of GT tonight while watching the primaries:
  • Annoying robot friend continues to be annoying.

• Why are bulletproof characters bothering to dodge gunfire?

Oh man, if you don't find his antics charming, things are just going to get worse. I also found him annoying and they just keep going back to him.

As for dodging bullets, that kinda makes sense, rifles and guns still sting, even if they can't damage them. It's kind of like asking "why are you so afraid of wasps, you aren't even allergic".

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Former canon. Deuterocanon. A Dragon Ball anime. Whatever term you like, it's a real bad scene is the takeaway here.

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Blaze Dragon posted:

Bra was always a year younger than Pan. At least, until the current movies and Super, where Bra apparently just stopped existing entirely, since by Resurrection "F" she should either be born or Bulma should be very visibly pregnant, and neither is true.

That's disappointing, since Vegeta being a dad is one of the cooler parts of the series, so kicking out one of his kids entirely is kinda lame. And wasn't she in the final chapter of DragonBall?

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.

SatansBestBuddy posted:

That's disappointing, since Vegeta being a dad is one of the cooler parts of the series, so kicking out one of his kids entirely is kinda lame. And wasn't she in the final chapter of DragonBall?

Implying that Toriyama remembers the final chapter of Dragonball.

the culminator
Oct 29, 2012
Toriyama forgot 18 had blond hair. He'll remember bra's existence when someone from toei calls him around episode 53 like "so hey is bra gonna be in this or...?"

the culminator fucked around with this message at 15:22 on Feb 2, 2016

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

the culminator posted:

Toriyama forgot 18 had blond hair. He'll remember bras existance when someone from toei calls him around episode 53 like "so hey is bra gonna be in this or...?"

he'll get a fanletter from oda

SirKibbles
Feb 27, 2011

I didn't like your old red text so here's some dancing cash. :10bux:
I'm pretty sure Bra was older and then they changed it. She definitely looks older in the prologue at least.

Kild posted:

he'll get a fanletter from oda

Did I give Vegeta a daughter whoops eh I'll work something out---a man who as ascended to a level beyond giving a drat.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

SirKibbles posted:

I'm pretty sure Bra was older and then they changed it. She definitely looks older in the prologue at least.

Supplementary material puts Pan as being born in 779 (which is the same year Resurrection "F" happens, thus making Pan less than a year old by the movie), and Bra in 780 (hence why I said earlier that Bulma should be pregnant in R"F", but isn't. As well, she should be pregnant or Bra should be born by the current saga. Again, nothing).

Fun fact, 780 had a lot of poo poo happening. In the original timeline, Gohan dies to the Androids, and in the anime Trunks becomes a Super Saiyan. In Online, Pilaf tries to take over the world but fails again. And in the Super timeline, we have the Champa Saga happening.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Bulma can get pregnant in 780 and still have her in 780 you know

JohnnyCocksville
Feb 1, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
what if goku made a spirit bomb out of ichigos spiritual pressure i bet id would make him lean and pretty like a bleach character or maybe a dragonball super character welcome to the grand tour grand tour welcome to the grand tour dragonballgt

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

That's a pretty keen insight, JohnnyCocksville.

JohnnyCocksville
Feb 1, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
none of the girls are even hot

Skeleton Mom
Aug 11, 2008

JohnnyCocksville posted:

if goku was here he'd kick your a*s

visceril
Feb 24, 2008
If dragonball is anything, it's respectful to women

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
The weird power stuff with GT never stops being a thing.

Though I don't think Pan ever really gets that powerful, even in comparison to people like Tien and Krillin. So I doubt she'd was ever strong enough to fight Freeza on her own.

But seriously, if you go by how the characters act, Omega Sheron is barely any stronger than Demon King Piccolo, maybe. Demon King Piccolo at least destroyed a city.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
Pan beats Android 19, so in theory she is stronger than Frieza.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Is the idea with Pan supposed to be that she doesn't even need to go Super Saiyan because Gohan was so absurdly powerful that he didn't even need to transform?

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

Raxivace posted:

Is the idea with Pan supposed to be that she doesn't even need to go Super Saiyan because Gohan was so absurdly powerful that he didn't even need to transform?

The idea is that Toriyama didn't know how to draw a girl super sayian.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Raxivace posted:

Nope.

Though she is suppose to be very strong and loves battle if we follow the final chapter. Basically Goku's mini-me. Which makes sense it was his own Grandpa(s) that gave him his love of battle (Gohan/Roshi)

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
I really want to see where Super takes Pan ultimately. I hope its far, far away from the bullshit of GT Pan.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?

Justin_Brett posted:

Pan beats Android 19, so in theory she is stronger than Frieza.

What? When? I haven't seen any of GT other than random clips, but when would she have ever encountered 19?

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

New Leaf posted:

What? When? I haven't seen any of GT other than random clips, but when would she have ever encountered 19?

Everyone escapes from Hell.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.

JohnnyCocksville posted:

what if goku made a spirit bomb out of ichigos spiritual pressure i bet id would make him lean and pretty like a bleach character or maybe a dragonball super character welcome to the grand tour grand tour welcome to the grand tour dragonballgt

Should've fit Yusuke in there.

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

No greater good, no just cause

Grimey Drawer
I remember downloading a clip of GT off Kazzaa that referred to Baby Vegeta as Cyber Brolly and once I saw an episode off a CD where Dr. Gero and green Dr. Gero meet in HFIL and Goku fights Cell and Freeza it was dumb

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

JohnnyCocksville posted:

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Squallege posted:

I remember downloading a clip of GT off Kazzaa that referred to Baby Vegeta as Cyber Brolly and once I saw an episode off a CD where Dr. Gero and green Dr. Gero meet in HFIL and Goku fights Cell and Freeza it was dumb

Cyber Broly is much cooler than Baby, the Tuffle Warrior.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

JohnnyCocksville posted:

Marron, the hot bulma

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

Steven doesn't want me watching him sleep anymore.

Kild posted:

Bulma can get pregnant in 780 and still have her in 780 you know

maybe she goes into the Time Chamber with vegeta man you don't know

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
Rewatching DBZ in spanish. On the majin buu arc and I'm enjoying the poo poo out of it. Watching super gave me a new appreciation for the filler, honestly don't even mind it anymore.

I also randomly watched 2 GT episodes and hated it. GT loving sucked man

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?

Kild posted:

Everyone escapes from Hell.

The clown robot was in Hell?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

New Leaf posted:

The clown robot was in Hell?

Dr. Gero can apparently create souls for artificial beings!

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

ImpAtom posted:

Well he was a genius.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
I guess Android 16 really was a soulless robot.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.

Burkion posted:

I guess Android 16 really was a soulless robot.

He was ginger, what did you expect?

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

ImpAtom posted:

This was the case even in Dragon Ball Z, since Android 8 got blown up by Kid Buu, but was there at the end when Earth got revived.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Rirse posted:

This was the case even in Dragon Ball Z, since Android 8 got blown up by Kid Buu, but was there at the end when Earth got revived.

He could have survived the Earth blowing up.

He's a tough dude.

• Locked thread