Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Twitch
Apr 15, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
It's anecdotal, but the Saints Row 2 PC port has been unplayable on my last 3 PCs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Safe and sound, detached from reality.
Just like your posting.

Nuebot posted:

They probably are exaggerating it, people usually do. There were people on the steam forums saying Dragon's Dogma was a bad port because it didn't include some hotkeys like M for Map. But I don't know if the DLC is good or not, I don't think I ever got around to it on console either. I never finished the main story because my copy got stolen and I never replaced it. Maybe I'll grab it next time it goes on sale on steam and at least enjoy the modding.

Rightfully so. If you port a game to PC at least put in the effort and make a proper UI that's workable with mouse and keyboard and map a few more buttons, there are tons now. Since the UI is a thing you have to interact with a lot it can kill any momentum you've got going and ruin an otherwise perfectly fine game.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Nuebot posted:

They probably are exaggerating it, people usually do. There were people on the steam forums saying Dragon's Dogma was a bad port because it didn't include some hotkeys like M for Map. But I don't know if the DLC is good or not, I don't think I ever got around to it on console either. I never finished the main story because my copy got stolen and I never replaced it. Maybe I'll grab it next time it goes on sale on steam and at least enjoy the modding.

Performance-wise it's a great port and fixes one of the biggest problems with the original version. It feels really fluid and awesome at 60 FPS, which is what it needed to move a lot of its content from good to great, and its bad content from bad to tolerable. The keyboard controls are functional overall (certainly not the trainwreck that was the dark souls 1 port) but the menu keys are weird and frequently make you reach across the keyboard.

The baffling thing is that they went to the effort to add in item hotkeys, then only let you use number keys 1-5 for those hotkeys (6-0 have no use whatsoever) and then only let you bind maybe half the usable items in the game to them, so you still have to stop the action if you ever want to use an offensive item. That bothers me more than anything else that people apparently expected from the port--I like being able to use items without stopping the game so much that I'm using a mouse and keyboard even though it plays way better than a controller, but they arbitrarily wasted a lot of the effort put into that feature.

But it wouldn't be drogma if it wasn't the best worst game ever made, so it's par for the course I'd say.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves
I am really, really enjoying Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain at the moment. I got it on sale over Christmas and it's easily one of the best stealth-action games I have ever played. Dono if I like it as much as Dishonored (cause I'm a sucker for the oil painting like art style, aesthetic and the way it reminds me of Thief 1 and 2) or if I am as involved in the story as I was when Human Revolution came along; but the open world aspect of it is great and really really fun to play in.

There are little things that annoy me though: gun emplacements juuuuust under a thin tent that you can't extract, the gnawing feeling that drives me to pick up every collectable in the area and the fact that I honestly feel I can get through the whole game with out needing anything beyond an upgraded Traq pistol, the level 1 suppressed assault rifle, some C4, the ability to call in more fultons/ammo and D.D. with me.

But my biggest gripe is not being able to call in a helicopter in free-roam/side OP's mode and move from LZ to LZ in it. I can do it on loving Mother Base why can't you let me do it in game?!

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Gridlocked posted:

gun emplacements juuuuust under a thin tent that you can't extract
There's a way to deal with those eventually. And it extends to other things under cover.

quote:

and the fact that I honestly feel I can get through the whole game with out needing anything beyond an upgraded Traq pistol, the level 1 suppressed assault rifle, some C4, the ability to call in more fultons/ammo and D.D. with me
Yeah that's pretty much true though. I'd add a sniper rifle to that loadout and occasionally you'll need a rocket launcher, but the vast majority of the game can be pulled off with that setup quite comfortably.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

My Lovely Horse posted:

There's a way to deal with those eventually. And it extends to other things under cover.

Yeah that's pretty much true though. I'd add a sniper rifle to that loadout and occasionally you'll need a rocket launcher, but the vast majority of the game can be pulled off with that setup quite comfortably.

Yeah a suppressed sniper would be great too, tranq or not depends on what I am trying to fight/if I want the no-kill bonus.

So far the only thing I've need a rocket launcher for is a gunship (considering I beat tanks by kidnapping them) and for that I stole a Walker Gear and used it (or in that first mission where you encounter a gunship I just brought one along for it).

Like I have researched the boxes: don't use them. I have researched the drugs: don't need them. I have all these SMGs, shotguns, LMGs: don't need them. Like the only reason I can see swapping my assault rifle for another is if I have millions of dollars flowing and don't care that it costs 50,000 plus as much metal as it takes to build a boat plus my first borns soul to take a fancy teched out FN-FAL for kicks. Same with the pistol, unless I find out one of the other pistol trees gets an infinite/long lasting suppressor and tranq rounds later I don't see the point in ever using anything else bar a change of scenery.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Digirat posted:

Performance-wise it's a great port and fixes one of the biggest problems with the original version. It feels really fluid and awesome at 60 FPS, which is what it needed to move a lot of its content from good to great, and its bad content from bad to tolerable. The keyboard controls are functional overall (certainly not the trainwreck that was the dark souls 1 port) but the menu keys are weird and frequently make you reach across the keyboard.

It's not perfect, but it's not the worst. I mean, it's perfectly playable. You don't even need an unofficial patch or third party program to make it functional at all like some other ports I've played. Like, on the long list of ports Dragon's Dogma is near the top and even though Dark Souls was bungled, it's not at the bottom. It's pretty low but it's not at the bottom. Maybe my standards are just hosed up but I'm happy if I can at least play the game like it was on the console. The worst ports are the ones that manage to be worse than the console.

Morglon posted:

Rightfully so. If you port a game to PC at least put in the effort and make a proper UI that's workable with mouse and keyboard and map a few more buttons, there are tons now. Since the UI is a thing you have to interact with a lot it can kill any momentum you've got going and ruin an otherwise perfectly fine game.

Did you make that topic?

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica

Nuebot posted:

They probably are exaggerating it, people usually do.

Even the devs admitted that it was a poo poo port, which is why all the future SR games have been ported in-house instead of outsourced like SR2 was.

On a lot of systems the game is literally unplayable because if your CPU isn't at exactly 3.2Ghz frequency (which is the CPU speed of the Xbox 360) then the game plays in fast-forward and the physics and driving bug out. Seriously, just look at all the poo poo a lot of people have to do just to get the game running.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

Sleeveless posted:

Even the devs admitted that it was a poo poo port, which is why all the future SR games have been ported in-house instead of outsourced like SR2 was.

Fun fact, it was outsourced to CD Projekt (the publisher, not RED) who gave it to one of their Chinese branches to do.

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

With our special guest star, RUSH! YAYYYYYYYYY

Sleeveless posted:

On a lot of systems the game is literally unplayable because if your CPU isn't at exactly 3.2Ghz frequency (which is the CPU speed of the Xbox 360) then the game plays in fast-forward and the physics and driving bug out. Seriously, just look at all the poo poo a lot of people have to do just to get the game running.
For some reason, the speedup bug only exists on Windows 7. XP and Vista were totally fine as far as I know, and so are 8 and 10. You still need to lock the frame rate at 30 fps, because any higher than that will break the cutscenes and other stuff.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

I'm replaying XCOM Enemy Within on Ironman Classic and after restarting my campaign like 5 times, the game's difficulty is heavily frontloaded.

The first two months is really exciting where every mission, every successful rookie, every piece of Meld, every sectoid or floater flanked (instead of getting blown up) is important and can really make or break you.

After about 2 or 3 months though all those things start snowballing; you get a few colonels, a couple gene mods, a few laser/plasma weapons from successful captures, foundry upgrades start rolling in and pretty soon you are just wrecking the aliens without breaking a sweat. It feels like you get a ton of big advantages all coming together in a short time frame.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

Away all Goats posted:

I'm replaying XCOM Enemy Within on Ironman Classic and after restarting my campaign like 5 times, the game's difficulty is heavily frontloaded.

The first two months is really exciting where every mission, every successful rookie, every piece of Meld, every sectoid or floater flanked (instead of getting blown up) is important and can really make or break you.

After about 2 or 3 months though all those things start snowballing; you get a few colonels, a couple gene mods, a few laser/plasma weapons from successful captures, foundry upgrades start rolling in and pretty soon you are just wrecking the aliens without breaking a sweat. It feels like you get a ton of big advantages all coming together in a short time frame.

Why aren't you playing with the Long War mod?

Veotax
May 16, 2006

I believe the game cheats on every difficulty in some fashion. On easy and normal it cheats in your favour (easy has less aliens and nerfs the AI so they'll be less likely to use abilities and grenades as well as making bad moves on occasions while normal just nerfs the AI) and on classic and impossible it cheats in the alien's favour (buffing stats mostly).

There is no difficulty setting where the game doesn't cheat. I just want a difficulty setting where the game isn't helping me and giving the aliens bonuses.

http://xcom.wikia.com/wiki/Game_difficulty_(XCOM:_Enemy_Unknown)

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Gridlocked posted:

Why aren't you playing with the Long War mod?

Because the air 'game' is already annoying as gently caress and Long War makes it even worse by making it tedious.

Maybe it's changed? Haven't played LW in over a year. Also I remember EXALT being supremely bullshit

Away all Goats has a new favorite as of 13:46 on Feb 2, 2016

Action Tortoise
Feb 18, 2012

A wolf howls.
I know how he feels.

Simply Simon posted:

I want to see a character whose lockpicking is so loving good that they can walk up to enemy knights, lockpick them out of their armor and shank them in the kidneys.

one of these days

https://youtu.be/oxIfvU5ldPw?t=294

Gridlocked posted:

Yeah a suppressed sniper would be great too, tranq or not depends on what I am trying to fight/if I want the no-kill bonus.

So far the only thing I've need a rocket launcher for is a gunship (considering I beat tanks by kidnapping them) and for that I stole a Walker Gear and used it (or in that first mission where you encounter a gunship I just brought one along for it).

Like I have researched the boxes: don't use them. I have researched the drugs: don't need them. I have all these SMGs, shotguns, LMGs: don't need them. Like the only reason I can see swapping my assault rifle for another is if I have millions of dollars flowing and don't care that it costs 50,000 plus as much metal as it takes to build a boat plus my first borns soul to take a fancy teched out FN-FAL for kicks. Same with the pistol, unless I find out one of the other pistol trees gets an infinite/long lasting suppressor and tranq rounds later I don't see the point in ever using anything else bar a change of scenery.

i've gotten good enough at avoiding detection that i only carry a basic hip gun and a fully developed tranq pistol in the field.

i'm getting annoyed at the combat deployments that take 2 realtime hours with the game on and have only 68% chance of success. i wish it would at least process when my game is off like the online ones do.

BuddyChrist
Apr 29, 2008

Gridlocked posted:

I agree that a large part of what you can develop is unnecessary. But there are a few hidden gems in there and with the guy that allows you to customize weapons you can have some fun. Then you can take the gun you want to use and stick a better suppressor on it, or put an under-mounted stun grenade launcher on your assault rifle and capture an outpost with one shot.

There's an Air-slug shotgun that you can mod a silencer onto, that thing will knock out a guy just about anywhere you hit 'em in one shot. If they have riot suits it might take two shots. Even throws 'em a bit which is fun. I love when two guys are stalking around and I just blow ones legs out from under him, the first guy is out and the other guy just stares in disbelief at his friend. Great for FOB missions too.

Only minimal tools are needed to beat the game, in fact there are some higher difficulty versions of missions where you aren't allowed to take any equipment with you. What you unlock with the development of new stuff is fun, unfortunately the price to unlock some of that cool stuff is ridiculously high. The last upgrade for the main tranq pistol is a permanent suppressor and the ability to mount it under an assault rifle, I still don't have this and I've S-ranked all the main missions and have Mother Base +2 FOBs.

There no reason left to play the game except unlocking stuff to use on a game I've already finished. And that really what's dragging it down for me is I want to play the game and use the new cool stuff I can get but there's no game left to play.

Nostradingus
Jul 13, 2009

The graphics in The Witness are so smooth and bland, it looks like everything's made out of Crayola Model Magic.

Not to mention the puzzle gimmick wears thin after maybe three of them because it's just the same thing over and over

holy god this game is awful

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."
You should be able to jump in The Witness. I've played far enough to know why you're not allowed to do so, but it's still unsatisfying when you hit the space bar and nothing happens.

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

It astounds me that in 2016 people still buy Jonathan Blow games.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Ryoshi posted:

According to Jonathan Blow they aren't.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Ryoshi posted:

How many Jonathan Blow games are there? Apart from being that guy who blew all his money making Braid I didn't know he did anything other than that and the Witness.

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

Ryoshi posted:

... because they released a Jonathan Blow game in 2016. He had help. but no one else in his team had a punny name.

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
IM A STUPID MORON WITH AN UGLY FACE AND A BIG BUTT AND MY BUTT SMELLS AND I LIKE TO KISS MY OWN BUTT
Gravy Boat 2k

Your Gay Uncle posted:

I wonder how Rockstar decides who gets to code the jet fighters and who gets stuck modeling mops

Unpaid interns get mop duty (including literally mopping).

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This avatar now 50% more dark mode compliant

Digirat posted:

The baffling thing is that they went to the effort to add in item hotkeys, then only let you use number keys 1-5 for those hotkeys (6-0 have no use whatsoever) and then only let you bind maybe half the usable items in the game to them, so you still have to stop the action if you ever want to use an offensive item. That bothers me more than anything else that people apparently expected from the port--I like being able to use items without stopping the game so much that I'm using a mouse and keyboard even though it plays way better than a controller, but they arbitrarily wasted a lot of the effort put into that feature.

This reminds me of something in Fallout: New Vegas. I took the perk that gives you a built-in Turbo implant (basically free bullet time, five times a day) but for some reason you aren't allowed to hotkey it like the rest of your consumables even though you'd otherwise activate it from the same menu.

khwarezm
Oct 26, 2010

Deal with it.

Dewgy posted:

How many Jonathan Blow games are there? Apart from being that guy who blew all his money making Braid I didn't know he did anything other than that and the Witness.

One, there is an entire one game that Jonathan Blow has made before the Witness and it was called Braid. And you know what? It is actually a good game, fun puzzles, unique mechanics, nice art and music and some interesting secrets if you look for the stars. Just ignore the plot if you don't care for that sort of thing.

Also, wouldn't blew all his money imply that the game was a financial failure? i'm pretty sure he made money back on it.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Gridlocked posted:

I am really, really enjoying Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain at the moment. I got it on sale over Christmas and it's easily one of the best stealth-action games I have ever played. Dono if I like it as much as Dishonored (cause I'm a sucker for the oil painting like art style, aesthetic and the way it reminds me of Thief 1 and 2) or if I am as involved in the story as I was when Human Revolution came along; but the open world aspect of it is great and really really fun to play in.

There are little things that annoy me though: gun emplacements juuuuust under a thin tent that you can't extract, the gnawing feeling that drives me to pick up every collectable in the area and the fact that I honestly feel I can get through the whole game with out needing anything beyond an upgraded Traq pistol, the level 1 suppressed assault rifle, some C4, the ability to call in more fultons/ammo and D.D. with me.

But my biggest gripe is not being able to call in a helicopter in free-roam/side OP's mode and move from LZ to LZ in it. I can do it on loving Mother Base why can't you let me do it in game?!

I'm never gonna finish MGSV, every time I load up I do a small circuit of the entire first map and steal EVERYTHING, I had a host of incredible gear and 2 platforms for everything I had the time before I did ever did mission 6 which is supposed to be the turning point in the story when you're first starting out.

Like I just can't enough of sneaking through everything and kidnapping everyone and getting the "outpost captured" message without raising a single alarm.

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

Isn't the plot about a Nice Guy rescuing his beloved except it turns out she's running away from him and prefers some DUMB JOCK?

No half assed nuclear bomb analogy can redeem that.

khwarezm
Oct 26, 2010

Deal with it.

Strategic Tea posted:

Isn't the plot about a Nice Guy rescuing his beloved except it turns out she's running away from him and prefers some DUMB JOCK?

No half assed nuclear bomb analogy can redeem that.

I guess if you want to see it like that you could but I took it to be that the main character is a horrible creep who ruined his relationship, can't take no for an answer and breaks into her apartment. Like the last part of the game first presents itself as her running from the knight (jock) into the main character's open arms in her room until it turns out that this is an inversion of the event, she was running away from a creeper who breaks into her room, tries to prevent her from getting away and forces her to run to the arms of a noble knight. The whole thing is that the protagonist's perception of reality is literally rear end-backwards.

HMS Boromir
Jul 16, 2011

by Lowtax
Jonathan Blow has a habit of saying things that make me want to give him a swirlie and the nuclear bomb thing was pretty half-assed but other than that (and the stars) Braid was actually a really good game. I don't know how anyone could play through it paying any attention to the story and come away thinking the main character was supposed to be sympathetic unless they quit halfway through the last section.

Van Kraken
Feb 13, 2012

I really liked The Witness, but the final hidden challenge is annoying as hell. While the rest of the game is very contemplative, the challenge is a timed 14-puzzle gauntlet, featuring entirely randomly-generated puzzles, 4 unsolvable decoy puzzles, 2 puzzles hidden inside a randomly generated maze, and 2 puzzles wrapped around pillars. Pausing the game resets your progress.

It seems to go against a lot of what the rest of the game was trying to evoke.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Apparently the thing dragging down Jonathan Blow games is that gamers freak out and feel insulted if the PC's motivation is something other than "save the day" or "amass treasure".

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica

HMS Boromir posted:

Jonathan Blow has a habit of saying things that make me want to give him a swirlie and the nuclear bomb thing was pretty half-assed but other than that (and the stars) Braid was actually a really good game. I don't know how anyone could play through it paying any attention to the story and come away thinking the main character was supposed to be sympathetic unless they quit halfway through the last section.

The levels with the gimmick where you can drop a ring that slows down time around it were awful, because it meant levels took several times longer than they should have because you were stuck sloooowly moving through time distortion bubbles.

e. A lesser discussed bit of Blow pretentiousness is that when Braid was first released he put out a "walkthrough" of the game that guided you through the first screen of the game and then chastised you for even trying to look up puzzle solutions because the game was so perfect and logical that nobody should ever need help with it.

Sleeveless has a new favorite as of 00:35 on Feb 3, 2016

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

The last water-level raising puzzle is a microcosm of Ocarina of Time's water temple.

Pocket Billiards
Aug 29, 2007
I don't care about Johnathan Blow the person, I just play games. Braid had cool music and the time warp mechanic was novel and well implemented.

I'm a few hours into the Witness and I like it. Really it's just a combination of Myst type puzzle game and smartphone connect the dots puzzle game. I like all the mechanics I've seen so far and nothing has been too obtuse or tedious playing with a pen and paper at hand. I think it does a good job of introducing new puzzle mechanics by not letting you progress until you 'get' them, then gradually pushing it as far as it'll go in a single panel puzzle.

I don't find the colourful and minimal visuals 'bland' either. What would be bland to me is another game looking like the Portal test chambers (Qube) or just generic ruins and gardens like the Talos Principle that look like reused assets from Assassin's Creed Brotherhood.

Guigui
Jan 19, 2010
Winner of January '10 Lux Aeterna "Best 2010 Poster" Award

HardDisk posted:

Except for hats and assorted headgear in Ragnarok Online, I've never seen a sprite-based game change the character's appearance based on equipment. Animating sprites is costly.

o

There was Ultima 7 which had limited sprite changes to the avatar and your party based on the kind of weapon you were wielding at the time. The other one that came to mind was the first Baldur's gate - when Bioware was asked why Rangers could not dual weld, they explained that it was due to the exponential amount of added sprite animations they would have to add, and that Rangers can't weld since I am phone posting on a blackberry and god drat is it ever laggy on the forums.

Of course I Baldur's gate 2 they reworked the sprite models in such a way so that now all characters had a dual weild variant without taking up too much memory.

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

The Moon Monster posted:

Apparently the thing dragging down Jonathan Blow games is that gamers freak out and feel insulted if the PC's motivation is something other than "save the day" or "amass treasure".

Yeah except not that at all, I'm talking about poo poo like this (you presumptuous asshat):

Sleeveless posted:

e. A lesser discussed bit of Blow pretentiousness is that when Braid was first released he put out a "walkthrough" of the game that guided you through the first screen of the game and then chastised you for even trying to look up puzzle solutions because the game was so perfect and logical that nobody should ever need help with it.

e: you're really dumb

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Safe and sound, detached from reality.
Just like your posting.

Away all Goats posted:

Because the air 'game' is already annoying as gently caress and Long War makes it even worse by making it tedious.

Maybe it's changed? Haven't played LW in over a year. Also I remember EXALT being supremely bullshit

I remember in an earlier version by the time I got to assault their base it was so populated I had to take out squads of six in two turns where I engaged them without moving much or I would engage another squad. And they all had one huge guy who had more health than could be displayed. By the end I had enough and just used a trainer for the last two groups because they couldn't be separated. Ended up killing 50 or 60 of them in that one mission. Also one time a Sectoid commander spawned near my landing zone, off to the side in mid air, that was a fun one too.

Honestly I mostly like Long War but they went overboard with enemy numbers to the point where it just got tedious, I don't want to take out 40 enemies in every loving scout ship I shoot down. Haven't checked the release version for bullshit like that but I see no point with XCom 2 hitting later this week.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
2 things in Battlefield 4:

1: Servers are hosted by individual people, this means some game modes are just non existent because no one's servers have those game modes. This also has the problem of people putting in stupid rules

2: Auto rebalance and other such junk that in theory is supposed to stop team stacking, but what it mostly does is not allow me to play with my friends. So I have to deal with a round lasting 20+ minutes with randoms who don't care for teamwork before hoping the game will give me the privilege of playing with my friends next round

E: Oh god, to add to this: After having to change teams to play with friends it auto balanced me back to the other team and loving FORCED ME TO STAY ON THE OTHER TEAM

gently caress off! The game couldn't pull any of the other people on the team that wasn't playing with their friends?

Leal has a new favorite as of 04:57 on Feb 4, 2016

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

I played Braid for like an hour and it was boring and the basic gameplay (jumping, jumping over things) sucked, so I played something fun instead. I'm not gong to play the Witness...... more like te Witless.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Leal posted:

2 things in Battlefield 4:

1: Servers are hosted by individual people, this means some game modes are just non existent because no one's servers have those game modes. This also has the problem of people putting in stupid rules

2: Auto rebalance and other such junk that in theory is supposed to stop team stacking, but what it mostly does is not allow me to play with my friends. So I have to deal with a round lasting 20+ minutes with randoms who don't care for teamwork before hoping the game will give me the privilege of playing with my friends next round

E: Oh god, to add to this: After having to change teams to play with friends it auto balanced me back to the other team and loving FORCED ME TO STAY ON THE OTHER TEAM

gently caress off! The game couldn't pull any of the other people on the team that wasn't playing with their friends?

So it's like TF2? Try to play with friends and first you have to find a server that isn't just playing Dust or 2fort endlessly. Then you have to struggle to get on the same team which almost never happens. Then just when you do, you get autobalanced to the losing team in the last ten seconds.