Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Xoidanor posted:

Support Nunu is the definitive silver league pick haters. :tbear:

I tried it out and it's not really good but it is hilarious where you just keep smacking snowballs into the enemy's face while they complain nonstop about how bullshit it is so that counts for something. Just constant snowballs right in the face.

I didn't try ZZTop Portal though, I should give that a shot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
Honestly you could probably build ZZtop portal and banner on support Katarina and still win a lot of games in silver.

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004

Xoidanor posted:

Support Nunu is the definitive silver league pick haters. :tbear:

sightstone...

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Firebert posted:

sightstone...

In silver? No one looking at the map in all mid no split meta.

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate

Xoidanor posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pVOm1iZb5fM

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

No seriously, I stopped because it clearly made no difference.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

Xoidanor posted:

It makes a difference for me so I use it.

Etrips
Nov 9, 2004

Having Teemo Problems?
I Feel Bad For You, Son.
I Got 99 Shrooms
And You Just Hit One.
What is the standard ADC / AP / Support rune/mastery set up now?

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

Etrips posted:

What is the standard ADC / AP / Support rune/mastery set up now?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CzaZexfALkY

Long, but basically covers all roles and their standard rune setups for season six.

seizure later
Apr 18, 2007
Jhin being unaffected by attack speed slowing effects is probably a bigger deal than intended

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

seizure later posted:

Jhin being unaffected by attack speed slowing effects is probably a bigger deal than intended

Does he lose his bonus damage or just nosell it entirely?

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

Xoidanor posted:

Split pushing isn't even understood in silver, because nobody will fight for objectives and they spend the entire time raging at you for not grouping. It makes me sad because I enjoy playing split push champs. :saddowns:

seizure later
Apr 18, 2007

ImpAtom posted:

Does he lose his bonus damage or just nosell it entirely?

Nosell. It doesn't affect him at all.

Poulpe
Nov 11, 2006
Canadian Santa Extraordinaire

seizure later posted:

Nosell. It doesn't affect him at all.

Huh, yeah, that strikes me as wrong, he should lose the appropriate amount of damage

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I dunno what the proper way to handle it is. Losing AD to exhaust seems real bad, but not losing anything besides move speed seems real good.

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

Kashuno posted:

I dunno what the proper way to handle it is. Losing AD to exhaust seems real bad, but not losing anything besides move speed seems real good.

Exhaust already reduces damage dealt

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

It does feel like he should lose some of the bonus damage from AS at least. I mean yeah, it hurts his damage output, but hurting his damage output is supposed to be the point of AS reduction in the first place.

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

"When a man thinketh on anything whatsoever, his next thought after is not altogether so casual as it seems to be. Not every thought to every thought succeeds indifferently."
- Thomas Hobbes, Leviathan

seizure later posted:

If his AS was directly affected by attack speed slows even frozen heart would affect him like Nasus' maxed out Wither. Not losing AD% makes some sense but it'd also suck so I understand Riot just deciding AS slows didn't work.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Sexpansion posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CzaZexfALkY

Long, but basically covers all roles and their standard rune setups for season six.

This was great, I never expected to be listening to Phreak for detailed game advice but overall 9/10 very solid video.

TastyLemonDrops
Aug 6, 2008

you said "drop kick" fyi

Xoidanor posted:

Let's just be clear here: I agree with you. In bronze and silver, people do not pay attention to the mini map. You could remove the fog of war completely and people will still get ambushed. However, consider that the wards are not for your team, but for yourself. Don't you want to get out of silver? Suddenly you are in a self fulfilling situation where my blanket statement is true because there is no point at looking at the mini map; there's no vision, after all. It's you. You're the silver player not paying attention to the mini map.

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
If your wards aren't helping your silver team, place better wards

CubeTheory
Mar 26, 2010

Cube Reversal
I played the weirdest game of League I've ever played last night. As Morgana support I had a kill at 1 minute and then I had 6 kills and zero deaths at 6 minutes. Ended 13/3/9 at 23 minutes. I'm still not even sure what happened.

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

CubeTheory posted:

I played the weirdest game of League I've ever played last night. As Morgana support I had a kill at 1 minute and then I had 6 kills and zero deaths at 6 minutes. Ended 13/3/9 at 23 minutes. I'm still not even sure what happened.

dark binding is like a bronzer magnet, in a panic to dodge the thing they almost always end up running right into it

el dingo
Mar 19, 2009

Ogres are like onions

CubeTheory posted:

Dunno how you play your morg support there buster but the standard is to make it clear to your ADC within 2 minutes that you will be carrying this lane

CubeTheory
Mar 26, 2010

Cube Reversal

el dingo posted:

Dunno how you play your morg support there buster but the standard is to make it clear to your ADC within 2 minutes that you will be carrying this lane

Oh, I got a double kill with pretty much no assist from my ADC in lane at like 3 minutes. I assume that sent a pretty clear message.

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

That situation is exactly why I enjoy playing Morgana support when I end up in that role. Throw bindings, kill your lane, get paid.

Mikujin
May 25, 2010

(also a lightning rod)

Udyr is in a super amazing place right now and I wish I'd noticed sooner. I've been crushing games with him and the only close one so far was when our Kalista made a bad baron call (I wasn't there but "I'm Kalista :derp:") and the three players on our team that were there got murdered and the enemy team picked up the baron. Enemies got an inhib, then failed to capitalize on it, then struggled super bad to prevent us getting dragon 5 since I was on point with objectives. They clown-car battled us for dragon so we didn't even need it to win at that point.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Mikujin posted:

Udyr is in a super amazing place right now and I wish I'd noticed sooner. I've been crushing games with him and the only close one so far was when our Kalista made a bad baron call (I wasn't there but "I'm Kalista :derp:") and the three players on our team that were there got murdered and the enemy team picked up the baron. Enemies got an inhib, then failed to capitalize on it, then struggled super bad to prevent us getting dragon 5 since I was on point with objectives. They clown-car battled us for dragon so we didn't even need it to win at that point.

I've not been very impressed with Udyr lately but I play Zilean a lot and there isn't much Udyr can do against slow except weep pitifully as my Carry walks away.

TastyLemonDrops
Aug 6, 2008

you said "drop kick" fyi

ImpAtom posted:

I've not been very impressed with Udyr lately but I play Zilean a lot and there isn't much Udyr can do against slow except weep pitifully as my Carry walks away.

Swiftness + Zz'rot takes care of that, but I sometimes run exactly that on Zilean too, so vOv

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Love udyr but right now I can't justify him to myself over trundle. Trundle just always has a good target for his ult and owns

underage at the vape shop
May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747

Xoidanor posted:

You are also the silver scrub not looking at his map so maybe you should start?????????

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

I deeply respect you as a human being... Some day I'm gonna make you *Mrs* Buck Turgidson!

Grimey Drawer
Wow I had no idea Rumble's winrate had plummeted so bad since I played last -- 44%?? That's really bad, and it only gets up to like 51% with tons of games played.

Is that just because of the ulti CD nerfs? He hasn't been nerfed otherwise has he?

Yorkshire Pudding
Nov 24, 2006

Gibberish posted:

ayyyyyy I got into the closed beta

I did too. Whats with the three account codes? Do we get one for ourselves and two for our friends?

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011

Stefan Prodan posted:

Wow I had no idea Rumble's winrate had plummeted so bad since I played last -- 44%?? That's really bad, and it only gets up to like 51% with tons of games played.

Is that just because of the ulti CD nerfs? He hasn't been nerfed otherwise has he?

rumble and fid both tanked during the first wave of mage item reworks just because none of the new stuff benefited the two at all. fid's winrate is back thanks to runic echos introduced in 6.1 but rumble isnt a jungler so that doesn't help him at all

for example twin shadows was extremely epic on rumble back when it existed but it got replaced by a mana regen item which means he has to eat that gold cost for nothing if he wants access to arguably his best utility item

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Stefan Prodan posted:

Just the ultimate CD nerf, but he indirectly got nerfed by all of the juggernaut itemization being so strong and mage itemization changes didn't do anything to help him. He just can't really bully a lot of the dudes dicking around in top lane anymore and he ate a nerf so he's just really far out of the meta.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves
My buddy and I were discussing Ez builds for Silver and we concluded that Bloodthister is better then BORK as the 3rd item because the shield makes a huge difference at Silver, where people are easy to kite and are scared of ADCs with big life steal.

Are we insane?

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011
if youre in silver then you dont know enough about how to use BoRK's active component, so youre most likely better off with bloodthirster

Flappy Bert
Dec 11, 2011

I have seen the light, and it is a string

Gridlocked posted:

My buddy and I were discussing Ez builds for Silver and we concluded that Bloodthister is better then BORK as the 3rd item because the shield makes a huge difference at Silver, where people are easy to kite and are scared of ADCs with big life steal.

Are we insane?

I feel like trying to play Ez with no attack speed sounds awkward as all hell but you may as well try it nontheless.

flyingkiwi
Jun 1, 2012

Wowzers!
get more skiller

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

IXIX posted:

I feel like trying to play Ez with no attack speed sounds awkward as all hell but you may as well try it nontheless.

Most Ezreal games seem to end when he has some combination of Manamune/Muramana, IBG and Lucidity boots anyways.

• Locked thread