Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Constant Hamprince
Oct 24, 2010

by exmarx
College Slice

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

uhh I guess if you consider saying nothing about the talking point and repeating Obama + ISIS bad effective use then yes

You may be surprised to know that Rubio is considered a great orator among conservative intellectuals, but consider this: conservative intellectuals are exceptionally stupid.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

QuasarIntheMist posted:

My fondest wish is that the GOP spends this week piling onto Rubio like he's the last helicopter out of Saigon, only to see him absolutely humiliated in the next debate. The guy is fine at reciting memorized index cards, but if someone can get him off balance I think a Perry-caliber gently caress-up is fairly likely.

This is a beautifully crafted metaphor, goddamn.

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames

Zelder posted:

To the trump supporters in this thread - does this sad kitten mewling from trump make you feel inspired by him? What are your thoughts

I was off the USS Trumpailure last night and now with cool guy Marco. I don't support losers. Might come back if he starts doing cool stuff- like winning. I have over a month to decide.

nah thanks
Jun 18, 2004

Take me out.

Constant Hamprince posted:

It'd be politically incorrect to say that Cruz is a homunculus grown in an enormous vat of human urine, so I won't.

Fixed.

Fried Chicken
Jan 9, 2011

Don't fry me, I'm no chicken!
2016 Republican Primary: Trumpty Dumpty wanted a wall, Trumpty Dumpty had a great fall...

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Three Olives posted:

Am I the only one very confused at all the crowing over who won Iowa? Iowa isn't a great predictor and the delegates are awarded proportionally. So Cruz and Clinton both got one more delegate over Trump and Sanders. Um, so?

Trump's campaign/support is mostly based on hollering like a monkey over everyone else how they're going to eat poo poo and die, so it's fun to throw it back at them.

Xenophon
Jun 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Grimey Drawer
It would really be a shame if Ted Cruz got the nomination, and they started attacking him for being a homunculus grown in an enormous vat of human urine. I'm not saying he's a homunculus grown in an enormous vat of human urine, just, you know, he's gonna have problems.

Bethamphetamine
Oct 29, 2012

Ben Carson being a giant petulant baby with skin as thin as tissue paper has been an unexpected gem this primary.

Reading the local paper op/eds from Carson supporters trying to meme his style of communication while hitting his talking points, and only ever delivering a confusing mess will also continue to be great.

Goodbye Iowa. See you in 4 years if you don't burn down

P.S. please die in fire

Constant Hamprince
Oct 24, 2010

by exmarx
College Slice

Three Olives posted:

Am I the only one very confused at all the crowing over who won Iowa? Iowa isn't a great predictor and the delegates are awarded proportionally. So Cruz and Clinton both got one more delegate over Trump and Sanders. Um, so?

Iowa's actual delegates are always irrelevant, what matters is that it's the first state so it sets the narrative going into the next few.

For the Republicans, Cruz winning in spite of Trump leading the polls make Trump look a lot less invincible because we know that his polling doesn't necessarily turn into votes. Trump placed badly considering his polling, he was almost tied with Rubio, so this hurts him in the media and might break his aura of unstumpability. Of course, he will probably spin this as being due to Iowa picking losers, but if he had one this he would have almost certainly won New Hamshire and been the inevitable frontrunner going into Super Tuesday. As it is, the result is also good for Rubio because he did alright in the Evangelical nut job state and solidified himself as the leading establishment candidate.

For the Democrats, it can be spun either way because although Clinton is the front-runner nationally and therefore would want a win in order to shut Bernie down, Iowa's demographics among Dems (white, relatively liberal) are very favourable to Bernie so he really should have done better than tied. He'll win NH though so it's not that big of a deal for him.

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

Three Olives posted:

christ its like im talking to a baby here, listen junior, if u are in second place your a LOSER. trump is a LOSER. he loses. what do they even teach in grade school these days.?

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven
Rush HOT TAKES: Hillary is done, finished, she may win the primary but she will lose the general.

Cruz is the most conservative conservative to ever conservative and Rubio isn't far behind. If Cruz wins the nomination he will destroy Hillary because America wants a real true conservative.

Astroclassicist
Aug 21, 2015

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/post-politics/wp/2016/02/02/scott-brown-to-endorse-trump/?postshare=5831454438983360&tid=ss_tw

quote:

Former Massachusetts senator Scott P. Brown, a moderate Republican who two years ago ran for Senate in New Hampshire, will endorse Donald Trump at rally here Tuesday night, one week before the state’s presidential primary.

Brown’s decision has been closely guarded for days, but it was confirmed by two people familiar with the event, where Brown will appear onstage with the candidate.

BEGIN THE FIGHTBACK

Constant Hamprince
Oct 24, 2010

by exmarx
College Slice

Xenophon posted:

It would really be a shame if Ted Cruz got the nomination, and they started attacking him for being a homunculus grown in an enormous vat of human urine. I'm not saying he's a homunculus grown in an enormous vat of human urine, just, you know, he's gonna have problems.

You know, I like Ted Cruz, I respect him. I would support Ted Cruz if the Republican party nominated him... which they won't by the way *smirks*. But there are questions about him. The Constitution says that the president must be, and I'm quoting here, "a natural born citizen". And it hasn't been settled, you know, whether a natural born citizen includes someone who was congealed in a reservoir of human filth. I'm not saying it doesn't, I'm just saying, you know, you want to be sure.

Top Bunk Wanker
Jan 31, 2005

Top Trump Anger

Zelder posted:

To the trump supporters in this thread - does this sad kitten mewling from trump make you feel inspired by him? What are your thoughts

My thoughts are that there's an awful lot of cackling online from two time Obama voters who use phrases like "sad kitten mewling" to characterize an objectively factual statement like "there was record turnout and Trump got the second most votes ever in the history of Iowa caucuses", then smirk and accuse Trump supporters of projecting their feelings onto him.

Fuck da Mods
Jun 27, 2013

fina get poz'd? :cabot: :gizz: :baby:
i guess the rifle bacon was a good idea

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

I don't understand what he's trying to say here. "I will keep doing, but not worth it!" He will keep self funding, but it's not worth it? Is he going to stop self funding because it's not worth it? I don't get it.

Piquai Souban
Mar 21, 2007

Manque du respect: toujours.
Triple bas cinq: toujours.

thrawn527 posted:

I don't understand what he's trying to say here. "I will keep doing, but not worth it!" He will keep self funding, but it's not worth it? Is he going to stop self funding because it's not worth it? I don't get it.

The important thing is that he doesn't think his followers will check into his claim that he's self-funding if he says it enough.

Fuck da Mods
Jun 27, 2013

fina get poz'd? :cabot: :gizz: :baby:

thrawn527 posted:

trump is a huge baby and cries alot but his fans love it...

oystertoadfish
Jun 17, 2003

sometime needs to start the Ted Cruz Is A Congealed Urine Homunculus PAC

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

Montasque posted:

Cruz's biggest donor is a piss merchant.

"Urea iacta est", said Donaldus Trumpius Caesar as he peed into Rubiocon.

InsanityIsCrazy
Jan 25, 2003

by Lowtax

Zelder posted:

He's an entertainer and learned kayfabe from the masters. Even Hogan had to lose.

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

thrawn527 posted:

It's not really that complex. It isn't worth it from a dollars spent vs dollars returned perspective but he will keep doing it because there are considerations other than profit.

I mean the dude's a lil'hitler but that seems pretty straight forward.

theblackw0lf
Apr 15, 2003

"...creating a vision of the sort of society you want to have in miniature"
I really do question whether Trump actually wants to win. Seems there was little ground game yesterday from his campaign. Either his hubris told him he didn't need it, he wasn't aware that it was important, or he knew but didn't care much about winning.

Sai
Sep 20, 2004

Like a hundred pages ago there was a longer article on the Cruz/Pissman donor and it's real good you should read it if you missed it the first time. He also owns the shotgun from Terminator.

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
Scott Brown seems like a pretty solid endorsement for Trump? It's really out of nowhere.

Donald Trump
Jan 31, 2016

by exmarx

theblackw0lf posted:

I really do question whether Trump actually wants to win. Seems there was little ground game yesterday from his campaign. Either his hubris told him he didn't need it, he wasn't aware that it was important, or he knew but didn't care much about winning.

I was told I could not do well in Iowa, I spent very little there - a fraction of Cruz & Rubio. Came in a strong second. Great honor

InsanityIsCrazy
Jan 25, 2003

by Lowtax
^^^ what he said

theblackw0lf posted:

running theory: not even he knew how much turnout he'd get despite the constant PR and rally presence, and Iowa was his test case for future campaigning.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Firebert posted:

Scott Brown seems like a pretty solid endorsement for Trump? It's really out of nowhere.

It's a solid two-fer. After losing Iowa, Trump gets endorsed by a candidate who has lost in New Hampshire and a Super Tuesday state.

Fiction
Apr 28, 2011

Zelder posted:

They are cowards like him. They don't feel inspiration or embarrassment but instead a creeping sense of familiarity.

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.
I have no idea if Scott Brown's endorsement is actually something that matters, but its funny.

AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009
Huge turnout actually hurt Trump. Also, reminder that Trump led the polls in Iowa since August except for 2 weeks of Friend Ben insanity and 4 weeks of Cruz before Trump started calling him a Canadian. So don't let the large Orange Baby or his supporters say he performed to expectations.

Mitt Romney
Nov 9, 2005
dumb and bad

Schnorkles posted:

I have no idea if Scott Brown's endorsement is actually something that matters, but its funny.

He spent like the entire last year trying to work himself into a position of power in NH / 2016 primary. https://www.washingtonpost.com/poli...61dc_story.html

quote:

Carly Fiorina drew 450 people earlier this year, he said. Former Arkansas governor Mike Huckabee showed up, as did New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie, former New York governor George Pataki and former Florida governor Jeb Bush. The price of admission to Bush’s event was a canned good that Brown will take to the local food pantry in the truck he drove around Massachusetts during his successful Senate run.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

Pinterest Mom posted:

It's a solid two-fer. After losing Iowa, Trump gets endorsed by a candidate who has lost in New Hampshire and a Super Tuesday state.

And who lost his original Massachusetts Senate seat to Elizabeth Warren no less.

Top Bunk Wanker
Jan 31, 2005

Top Trump Anger

Piquai Souban posted:

The important thing is that he doesn't think his followers will check into his claim that he's self-funding if he says it enough.

You're going to have a really hard time selling this one, but I look forward to watching you try.

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven

AngryBooch posted:

Huge turnout actually hurt Trump. Also, reminder that Trump led the polls in Iowa since August except for 2 weeks of Friend Ben insanity and 4 weeks of Cruz before Trump started calling him a Canadian. So don't let the large Orange Baby or his supporters say he performed to expectations.

Yeah he hilariously underperformed and unless there's a Reichstag fire event in the next few weeks that whips up xenophobic fears he's done.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Mitt Romney posted:

He spent like the entire last year trying to work himself into a position of power in NH / 2016 primary. https://www.washingtonpost.com/poli...61dc_story.html

Yeah, he had all the candidates come and dance for him at his BBQ and then endorsed the one guy who didn't.

MaxxBot
Oct 6, 2003

you could have clapped

you should have clapped!!

AngryBooch posted:

He didn't perform to his expectations but I think he did well given just how much of an organizational disadvantage he had. The Iowa caucus and Cruz's team of evangelicals was perfect for Trump stumping, basically ideal conditions. If the first contest were a primary or just another state Trump probably would have won. The question now is whether or not the Trump voters will stick with him or flee to Rubio.

Punk da Bundo
Dec 29, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
the following nicknames have been trademarked:

marco RUBEi-o
marco no clue i o
JEB? (say it like "hey can you hear me jeb? jeb?")
lil JEBBIe(like lil debbie)
chris chrispy kreme

and my personal favorite from Breitbart,

¿Cruz?

Piquai Souban
Mar 21, 2007

Manque du respect: toujours.
Triple bas cinq: toujours.

Top Bunk Wanker posted:

You're going to have a really hard time selling this one, but I look forward to watching you try.

https://twitter.com/LPDonovan/status/694583618950164481

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
I've added delegate counts to the OP and changed the candidate lists to track who has dropped out. This only shows up in the Democratic primary so far, but I'm calling delegates from multi-round caucuses "unpledged equivalents" for lack of a better term, so my count totals should track with what the media is reporting, but I'll also have the hard number of pledged delegates. This is much easier on the Republican side thanks to Rule 11.

New Hampshire will be straight forward on both sides: it's a simple proportional allocation with a viability threshold. But watch out for the early reported numbers out of SC. The AP will report a straight proportional allocation on the night of the primary, but SC allocates by the vote in each congressional district, so you need to wait a day or so to get the actual numbers from the Secretary of State's office.

• Locked thread