Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Constant Hamprince
Oct 24, 2010

by exmarx
College Slice

Joementum posted:

Yeah, he had all the candidates come and dance for him at his BBQ and then endorsed the one guy who didn't.

That makes it sound much more like a "gently caress you all" to the GOP establishment than any personal affection for Trump, he was probably waiting to make sure they didn't side with him against Cruz before he endorsed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

InsanityIsCrazy
Jan 25, 2003

by Lowtax
this is the part where Trumpendorf's been hit with the White Arrow and his belly's exposed. Better get them pokes in before he goes back into Unstumpable form

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Constant Hamprince posted:

That makes it sound much more like a "gently caress you all" to the GOP establishment than any personal affection for Trump, he was probably waiting to make sure they didn't side with him against Cruz before he endorsed.

Which makes no sense, since Brown has been the beneficiary of millions in spending from the national party. He had two of the best funded Senate campaigns in their last two cycles. He also got prime committee posts in his short Senate tenure because they were so thrilled he won and hosed up the math on the Obamacare vote.

Unless of course Scott Brown is a stupid, petulant child....

UrbicaMortis
Feb 16, 2012

Hmm, how shall I post today?

Tesseraction posted:

I'm just a Brit distracting myself from my dystopian government.

:hf: :smith:

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.

Joementum posted:

I've added delegate counts to the OP and changed the candidate lists to track who has dropped out. This only shows up in the Democratic primary so far, but I'm calling delegates from multi-round caucuses "unpledged equivalents" for lack of a better term, so my count totals should track with what the media is reporting, but I'll also have the hard number of pledged delegates. This is much easier on the Republican side thanks to Rule 11.

New Hampshire will be straight forward on both sides: it's a simple proportional allocation with a viability threshold. But watch out for the early reported numbers out of SC. The AP will report a straight proportional allocation on the night of the primary, but SC allocates by the vote in each congressional district, so you need to wait a day or so to get the actual numbers from the Secretary of State's office.

I wouldn't mind people seeing the total number of delegates so they understand things like how small iowa is

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Third World Reggin posted:

I wouldn't mind people seeing the total number of delegates so they understand things like how small iowa is

That's a good idea and I'll add them once The Green Papers is back online and I have easy access to the pledge / unpledged / PLEO splits.

Astroclassicist
Aug 21, 2015

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/694606525835431936

Meaningless I tell you!

Shark Sandwich
Sep 6, 2010

by R. Guyovich
The worst part about a Trump-stumping is having to root for Cruz to minimize the chance of a GOP win in the general

Mitt Romney
Nov 9, 2005
dumb and bad

Surprisingly Wikipedia has a good layout for 2016:

DEM: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Democratic_Party_presidential_primaries,_2016#Schedule_of_primaries_and_caucuses

GOP is a bit more messy: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Republican_Party_presidential_primaries,_2016#Schedule_of_primaries_and_caucuses

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Joementum posted:

That's a good idea and I'll add them once The Green Papers is back online and I have easy access to the pledge / unpledged / PLEO splits.

http://www.thegreenpapers.com/P16/R-Alloc.phtml

seems to be working over here or I just got a silly cached version

atelier morgan
Mar 11, 2003

super-scientific, ultra-gay

Lipstick Apathy

worse; proportional

i saw that the glorious grand victory was cruz getting 1 more delegate than trump or rubio when i finally checked the results this morning and got a laugh

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

actually this is the better green paper page on it

http://www.thegreenpapers.com/P16/ccad.phtml

Punk da Bundo
Dec 29, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

donald trump would re tweet Hitler@6millionlies if he said something positive about him

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
Is it fair to say that Trump is self-financing his campaign is like me saying that I'm self-financing my house when all I'm doing is taking a loan and paying it off over 30 years with my own money, except Trump is taking money donated to him to pay off his loan and therefore basically paying nothing?

Xenophon
Jun 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Grimey Drawer

Louisgod posted:

Is it fair to say that Trump is self-financing his campaign is like me saying that I'm self-financing my house when all I'm doing is taking a loan and paying it off over 30 years with my own money, except Trump is taking money donated to him to pay off his loan and therefore basically paying nothing?

Also you own roughly 25% of the bank that offered you the loan (in that Trump pays his own companies to use the jet, hold events on Trump properties, etc.).

AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009

Louisgod posted:

Trump has even claimed he's making money off his campaign, as like, a good thing. And he actually is using donated funds to his campaign to pay his company for the use of the jet so he can sleep in Manhattan every night.

Top Bunk Wanker
Jan 31, 2005

Top Trump Anger

I don't think you're going to get very much traction with "he's not self-funding his campaign, he's paying for his campaign with money that he's loaning himself" but I've seen much stranger positions on these forums.

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven

Louisgod posted:

Trump is really, really smart at business. Imagine how he would run America? Genius.

ass cobra
May 28, 2004

by Azathoth
I miss the summer of Trump. It was warm and the clown car was still full.

AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009

Top Bunk Wanker posted:

I don't think you're going to get very much traction with "he's not self-funding his campaign, he's paying for his campaign with money that he's loaning himself" but I've seen much stranger positions on these forums.

Trump can't even run his campaign at a surplus but he thinks he can reverse the trade deficit or balance the federal budget/pay down the debt while cutting taxes.

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
Do people itt not support Trump over the other fail candidates... I don't understand what this thread is and if I'm allowed to post here.

point of return
Aug 13, 2011

by exmarx

THE PENETRATOR posted:

Do people itt not support Trump over the other fail candidates... I don't understand what this thread is and if I'm allowed to post here.

People itt are mostly Dems/think the Dems are too far right and support laffs

Top Bunk Wanker
Jan 31, 2005

Top Trump Anger

THE PENETRATOR posted:

You may post.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

THE PENETRATOR posted:

This is a thread for posting observations about the Republican primaries. If you're looking for a Trump hugchamber, it will probably disappoint, but there are plenty of Trump fans posting here.

Donald Trump
Jan 31, 2016

by exmarx
I'm posting here also, think of it, the real Donald Trump.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

it seems like the trump thread only because trump has consistently dominated the media to the point where the best some people could do to talk about another politician is say that they are so very excited! Their posts were about as boring as the candidate.

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

THE PENETRATOR posted:

This thread is for pointing and laughing at the flaming clown car of evil that is the GOP as it crashes into the walls of reality.

But if you support Trump by all means post away.

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Don't forget Hitler's contributions to medicine.

I feel like this is too obvious a loophole to not have been closed wouldn't non-tax exempt campaign contributions become tax exempt when you write off the bad debt that your campaign defaulted on?

Three Olives fucked around with this message at 21:11 on Feb 2, 2016

point of return
Aug 13, 2011

by exmarx

it seems like the trump thread only because trump has consistently dominated the media to the point where the best some people could do to talk about another politician is say that they are so very excited! Their posts were about as boring as the candidate.

nonono, he always posted about how he couldn't believe how excited he was for the campaign! there's a subtle difference there

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

AngryBooch posted:

Trump has even claimed he's making money off his campaign, as like, a good thing. And he actually is using donated funds to his campaign to pay his company for the use of the jet so he can sleep in Manhattan every night.

Cool, just cool. Great.

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

https://twitter.com/marklevinshow/status/694368266236473344

Bryter
Nov 6, 2011

but since we are small we may-
uh, we may be the losers

THE PENETRATOR posted:

I think trump's a great candidate...

for the worst person on earth award! hahahhaha

(by that I mean the US presidential election)

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

Gaz Posting Brigade :c00lbert:

Donald Trump posted:

I'm posting here also, think of it, the real Donald Trump.

How can you even make posts with those stubby little sausage fingers?

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

the fight over who is the most reagan

Xenophon
Jun 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Grimey Drawer

Oh god, poor H5N1. I hope he's OK after Jeb!'s showing last night...

EXTREME INSERTION
Jun 4, 2011

by LadyAmbien

rear end cobra posted:

I miss the summer of Trump. It was warm and the clown car was still full.

Summer of 2015 will always be the summer of trump to me

ass cobra
May 28, 2004

by Azathoth
The candidates should get drunk for saturday night debate

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Xenophon posted:

Don't worry Jeb! still has ~50 million left in PAC money and 7.5 million left for internal campaign money.

taqueso
Mar 8, 2004

:911:
:wookie: :thermidor: :wookie:
:dehumanize:

:pirate::hf::tinfoil:

Xenophon posted:

Excitement like that doesn't just die.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

"I VANT TO SUCK YOUR PISS!"

• Locked thread