Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

For 12 it's 500/600.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sharks Dont Sleep
Mar 4, 2009

In pairing luxury automobiles with large predatory felines we have achieved reality ahead of schedule.

Sard posted:

Small world. I was gonna just post that three of them were actually really cool looking, and it turns out the guy who drew them is the same guy working at PGI now.

http://www.sarna.net/wiki/Hobgoblin
http://www.sarna.net/wiki/Boggart
http://www.sarna.net/wiki/Sprite

Hahaha every time I've posted these in the mumble or jabber I've been told to gently caress off with my Gundams.

(I think that's more because they're Society mechs but whatever, I appreciate the irony that the guy is at PGI.)

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Comrade Merf posted:

Flying Debris the head art guy for PGI went through the effort of redrawing most of the old Protomechs.

He's also did the art for all the new protomechs from the newer protos and super protomechs that come in later.

Dear Catalyst Game Labs: please hire this man.

TeeMerk
Jun 9, 2013

Lemon Curdistan posted:

Dear Catalyst Game Labs: please hire this man.

Im stupid and cant read

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

TeeMerk posted:

Im stupid and cant read

I'm sorry about the state of public schooling in Texas. :(

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

You call it "The Big Bang", but what really happened is
Grimey Drawer

Number19 posted:

All I know is "later this week"

gently caress you, my stove just broke down a week after my espresso machine and now this?
My kids need to eat!
Oh wait, i dont have any kids, GIVE ME BEARDAD!

Aesculus
Mar 22, 2013

GARBAGE DAY :getin:

Tindahbawx
Oct 14, 2011

Only took a week for me to grow tired of this game again, theres just something about it that fundamentally ruins the enjoyment of what otherwise should be an amazing game. Looking over my played stats, I've put 4 times more hours into MW:LL than I ever have into this game.

Shame really. Oh well, enjoy your stompy robots guys.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

I am legit disappointed that we're getting the kodiak and not the stone rhino.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
I would actually like to see some medium and/or light mechs in these new solo mech packs. Like a phoenix hawk pack or something.

Unless the intent by :pgi: is for nearly everyone queuing to be driving a heavy or assault.

Karasu Tengu
Feb 16, 2011

Humble Tengu Newspaper Reporter

DancingShade posted:

I would actually like to see some medium and/or light mechs in these new solo mech packs. Like a phoenix hawk pack or something.

Unless the intent by :pgi: is for nearly everyone queuing to be driving a heavy or assault.

You mean like they do right now?

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

DancingShade posted:

You got trash cans

What else do you really need

Stringbean
Aug 6, 2010

Tindahbawx posted:

Only took a week for me to grow tired of this game again, theres just something about it that fundamentally ruins the enjoyment of what otherwise should be an amazing game. Looking over my played stats, I've put 4 times more hours into MW:LL than I ever have into this game.

Shame really. Oh well, enjoy your stompy robots guys.

Okay, bye! :toot:

vvv I speak in mumble! rarely. vvv

Stringbean fucked around with this message at 13:57 on Feb 2, 2016

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

Stringbeans

Has said in mumble robot voice

Okay thanks bye toot

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

ZenVulgarity posted:

You got trash cans

Urbanmech II-Cs.

by.a.teammate
Jun 27, 2007
theres nothing wrong with the word panties
So from long ago I have a Heavy Metal. I have no clue what to do with this Mech but I get a c-bill bonus with it, any builds that could work?

poo poo I have a Muromets too, is that just 3xUAC5s?

Samuel L. Hacksaw
Mar 26, 2007

Never Stop Posting
I kinda like the way they did the II-c packs. $20/ level or $35 each a la carte. That way if you want the highlander, you don't need the other 9 mechs.

Karasu Tengu
Feb 16, 2011

I mean, they did that with all the other packs, after everyone rightly complained hard enough at the loving stupid clan wave 1 packs.

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

Random Number posted:

I kinda like the way they did the II-c packs. $20/ level or $35 each a la carte. That way if you want the highlander, you don't need the other 9 mechs.

They should allow gifting a la carte

EoRaptor
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

by.a.teammate posted:

So from long ago I have a Heavy Metal. I have no clue what to do with this Mech but I get a c-bill bonus with it, any builds that could work?

poo poo I have a Muromets too, is that just 3xUAC5s?

For the Heavy Metal, the closest you can get to the current meta is this: HEAVY METAL. The XL engine makes it a bit flaky, but the hitboxes aren't too bad.

The Muromets is currently triple AC5, as the benefit of the UAC5 isn't worth the tonnage right now.

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
johnny jesus and the infield fly rule

ZenVulgarity posted:

You got trash cans

100-ton trashcans

http://www.sarna.net/wiki/File:3050U_Imp.jpg

A Curvy Goonette
Jul 3, 2007

"Anyone who enjoys MWO is a shitty player. You have to hate it in order to be pro like me."

I'm actually just very good at curb stomping randoms on a team. :ssh:

EoRaptor posted:

For the Heavy Metal, the closest you can get to the current meta is this: HEAVY METAL. The XL engine makes it a bit flaky, but the hitboxes aren't too bad.

The Muromets is currently triple AC5, as the benefit of the UAC5 isn't worth the tonnage right now.

Close, but swap the AC10 for a gauss rifle and move other poo poo to make it work. It's not going to be good ether way, but AC10s are pretty blah.

It's just not a great mech anyway.

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

Want

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
https://twitter.com/russ_bullock/status/694361423351123969

Dire Wolf rescale?

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

The dire wolf should be big and scary

I'd rather it just get structure quirks

Alchenar
Apr 9, 2008

Volume shrinks are only helpful if you have some hope of speed tanking to negate incoming damage. The Nova does, the dire wolf does not.

E: two things make assaults viable; structure quirks and map design that allows you to be suddenly in someone's face.

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
It's already hard enough to tell the Warhawk from the Dire Wolf -- what happens when they're like the same size?

Really what should happen is that the Warhawk's arms should be near cockpit-height like this, so the whole PPC sniper thing is more viable

http://www.sarna.net/wiki/File:Masakari.jpg

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

HOLD ON GUYS I'M POSTING ABOUT INTERNET ROBOTS

Elliotw2 posted:

I mean, they did that with all the other packs, after everyone rightly complained hard enough at the loving stupid clan wave 1 packs.

The clan wave packs were like 55 each a la carte. Thirty five is still a dumb price for robots but it's a lot better than fifty five.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Oh You'll Love My Toxic Love
Grimey Drawer

Fil5000 posted:

The clan wave packs were like 55 each a la carte. Thirty five is still a dumb price for robots but it's a lot better than fifty five.

The IS mechs have been 40 max. I hope the singular Clan mech sales follow this model. I know the temptation for :pgi: to price gouge is there but they've been doing good so far..

Stringbean
Aug 6, 2010
These non-canonical mechs are where it's at friends...

Super 3
Dec 31, 2007

Sometimes the powers you get are shit.
The Rag is a Jenner walking backwards.

Talmonis
Jun 24, 2012
The fairy of forgiveness has removed your red text.
The recent spate of LRM heavy matches, and my newfound love of the C-Small Pulse laser, has brought me to this mobile pain in the rear end.

Nova Denial

I'm wondering if I should keep the Tag & targeting computer, or just stack two more tons of AMS ammo.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer
There has been an uncanonical Ragnarok mech in like three MW games now.

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

Stringbean posted:

The Nexus, Raijin, and Grand Crusader in that game are canonical, though the game took a bunch of liberties with the art. Ragnarok looks a lot cooler in the game than in the art. The game's manual was a huge tease that said there's a rare 4-legged version of it that doesn't seem to actually exist in the game.

Super 3
Dec 31, 2007

Sometimes the powers you get are shit.

Skoll posted:

There has been an uncanonical Ragnarok mech in like three MW games now.

DIdn't the Xbox one have like a magma/lava cannon or some crap?

So much AMS in that Nova, does it clear LRM's from the sky?

Supraluminal
Feb 17, 2012

Talmonis posted:

The recent spate of LRM heavy matches, and my newfound love of the C-Small Pulse laser, has brought me to this mobile pain in the rear end.

Nova Denial

I'm wondering if I should keep the Tag & targeting computer, or just stack two more tons of AMS ammo.

Dunno about its actual usefulness, but the TAG would be a nice way to taunt LRM boats from inside their minimum range. Just stand there going "pew! pew! pew!" with your little laser pointer while they desperately bounce clusters of unarmed missiles off you.

Karasu Tengu
Feb 16, 2011

Stringbean posted:

The Ragnarok is clearly just a prototype Fafnir

Talmonis
Jun 24, 2012
The fairy of forgiveness has removed your red text.

Supraluminal posted:

Dunno about its actual usefulness, but the TAG would be a nice way to taunt LRM boats from inside their minimum range. Just stand there going "pew! pew! pew!" with your little laser pointer while they desperately bounce clusters of unarmed missiles off you.

Mainly, I've run into the problem in solo queueing (I know, I know) that most of the heavies and assaults hide behind cover and won't come out until the fight is near over. If I can get the bastards to actually shoot what I want dead (in this case with a rain of missile death), that's better for me. However, if I want to be a better teammate to idiots who hide all day, perhaps the AMS shield will make it easier for us to survive the Ammo Attrition game in a more intact state than the enemy team.

Group queue isn't as bad, as I can bring my lance (The AARP) to actually force engagements.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Super 3 posted:

DIdn't the Xbox one have like a magma/lava cannon or some crap?

Yeah, MechAssaults Ragnarok had a Lava Gun and other assorted weird poo poo with different mechs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
http://mwomercs.com/news/2016/02/1470-danger-sale

• Locked thread