Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thunder God Biden
Sep 8, 2004

Israel is not a legitimate entity, and no amount of pressure can force us to recognize its right to exist.

32MB OF ESRAM posted:

I thought the entire point of this video was the guy getting a mystery bottle thrown to him @0:44

Yeah I'm pretty sure thats a drug deal goin down.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

My first instinct was that he was holding a golf club and taking a post-shot pose.

loving selfie sticks are the worst.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

d_redguy posted:

Yeah I'm pretty sure thats a drug deal goin down.

that's what I assumed until someone suggested on the last page it was probably just a wife throwing her husband his walking vodka, after he forgot it.

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Zaphod42 posted:

loving selfie sticks are the worst.

Gave us InstaDoom at least.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

I Am Crake posted:

Probably YouTube's image stabilization, or something to that effect at least. Though the image should be pretty stable in the first place, considering it's filmed with a mounted camera. I don't know.

Oh right that makes sense. It should bump the entire image when it hits the curb but it's stabilized so the frame moves instead.

Intoluene
Jul 6, 2011

Activating self-destruct sequence!
Fun Shoe
I really liked the animal ones spliced between the people faceplanting in to concrete. Some of the moves these guys have are actually quite impressive and you can tell it's just someone who knows what they're doing making a mistake.

Koala one not funny at all, though. :australia:

ringu0
Feb 24, 2013

Who's a good dog?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RfVzgpYtWbw

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.
Gonna be a loooong winter:

http://mobile.philly.com/news/new_jersey/?wss=%2Fphilly%2Fnews%2Fnew_jersey&id=367400831&betaPreview=redesign

quote:

A New Jersey zoo's Groundhog Day had a pall cast over it after its groundhog died.

Parker Space told the New Jersey Herald that he discovered Stonewall IV had died when he went to clean him Monday ahead of Tuesday's planned annual photo op.

Roro
Oct 9, 2012

HOO'S HEAD GOES ALL THE WAY AROUND?

32MB OF ESRAM posted:

I thought the entire point of this video was the guy getting a mystery bottle thrown to him @0:44

Was it a bottle? I just assumed it was a bag of drugs or something.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

In this video, people who really should have known better.

New thread title: Schadenfreude Thread: People Who Really Should Have Known Better.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

I don't know if I have more questions about the grenade or the plane crash categories...

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
I think the grenade ones are fake, the only references are from Russian gossip rags.

Dillbag
Mar 4, 2007

Click here to join Lem Lee in the Hell Of Being Cut To Pieces
Nap Ghost
http://i.imgur.com/kP5vTrd.webm

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

PhazonLink posted:

I think the grenade ones are fake, the only references are from Russian gossip rags.

What about gunshots? If someone gets shot, I have a hard time getting to "well, if they hadn't been taking a selfie..." unless they're in an active war zone.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Really wanna see the animal one.

Florida Betty
Sep 24, 2004

Subjunctive posted:

What about gunshots? If someone gets shot, I have a hard time getting to "well, if they hadn't been taking a selfie..." unless they're in an active war zone.

http://www.cnn.com/2015/09/02/us/man-selfie-shooting/

quote:

A 19-year-old Houston man, a day ahead of starting community college, accidentally killed himself Tuesday while taking selfies with a gun, police said.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Solice Kirsk posted:

Really wanna see the animal one.

Wasn't that the one where the person fell into a tiger enclosure or something?

Welp.

E: per Wikipedia:

quote:

A man from San Diego was hospitalised for five days following an attempt to take a selfie with a rattlesnake.

A man died in the annual bull running festival in the town of Villaseca de la Sagra trying to take a selfie with the animals.

Subjunctive has a new favorite as of 02:04 on Feb 3, 2016

Kay Kessler
May 9, 2013

From the comments:

quote:

drat as soon as I saw snake I was about to get scared but then I remembered that I can't react

Birb Katter
Sep 18, 2010

BOATS STOPPED
CARBON TAX AXED
TURNBULL AS PM
LIBERALS WILL BE RE-ELECTED IN A LANDSLIDE
Sometimes it's nice to cleanse the palate with some wholesome 'frued.

http://i.imgur.com/HtuCUTK.gifv

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Birb Katter posted:

That dog must have really been moving.

Atticus_1354
Dec 10, 2006

barkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbark

Birb Katter posted:

That is some amazing target fixation. We have missiles that cost millions of dollars that are not that good.

Birb Katter
Sep 18, 2010

BOATS STOPPED
CARBON TAX AXED
TURNBULL AS PM
LIBERALS WILL BE RE-ELECTED IN A LANDSLIDE

Atticus_1354 posted:

That is some amazing target fixation. We have missiles that cost millions of dollars that are not that good.

BlackIronHeart
Aug 2, 2004

The Oath Breaker's about to hit warphead nine Kaptain!

Subjunctive posted:

That dog must have really been moving.

They're playing fetch on a putting green so the grass is faster.

Bad Llama
Jan 2, 2007
pwnerer

#deathsprecipitatedbytakingaselfie

MisterOblivious
Mar 17, 2010

by sebmojo

Atticus_1354 posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vIbZB6rNLZ4

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Atticus_1354 posted:

Both in terms of the aiming and of the not actually hitting, amirite?

FirstPlayer
Jan 1, 2007

Beat me up and earn
fifteen respect points

Birb Katter posted:

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
Pedophiles getting whats deserved is already great freude, especially when the courts say that you're going to have that ankle-monitor on for the rest of your life, kid-fucker.

I can't find the full-text, but supposedly the judge poked fun at the EFF, who argued that it's totally wrong to have a kid-fucker monitored like this.

ianmacdo
Oct 30, 2012

Random Stranger posted:

I don't know if I have more questions about the grenade or the plane crash categories...

Could easily happen at one of those Cambodian gun ranges. You can fire off a full auto ak-47 and throw a grenade into a pond. I could see someone messing that up if they were trying for a selfie at the same time.

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

A vase to face encounter.

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

From PYF awful/funny graphs.

Phanatic posted:

Pretty much, apparently:

http://www.aljazeera.com/news/2015/07/russia-launches-safe-selfie-guide-light-deaths-150707132204704.html

quote:

In January, two young men blew themselves up in the Ural Mountains while taking a selfie holding a hand grenade with the pin pulled out. The mobile phone with the selfie survived as a record.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

MisterBibs posted:

Pedophiles getting whats deserved is already great freude, especially when the courts say that you're going to have that ankle-monitor on for the rest of your life, kid-fucker.

I can't find the full-text, but supposedly the judge poked fun at the EFF, who argued that it's totally wrong to have a kid-fucker monitored like this.

Oh great, another punishment that was ruled as a "not punishment" just like the sex offender registry.

Atticus_1354
Dec 10, 2006

barkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbark

Data Graham posted:

Both in terms of the aiming and of the not actually hitting, amirite?

Well he did hit the ball.

Anil Dikshit
Apr 11, 2007

ratbert90 posted:

Oh great, another punishment that was ruled as a "not punishment" just like the sex offender registry.

What state are you registered in?

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

ratbert90 posted:

Yeah, this particular guy is a scumbag who should rot in hell, but this isn't good for people in general. What's the point of having civil rights and a constitution that applies to everyone if you throw them out the window with a few weasel words whenever it's convenient to gently caress over one rear end in a top hat? Bad precedent.

ante
Apr 9, 2005

SUNSHINE AND RAINBOWS

kizudarake posted:

heh. Good McCarthyism callback

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

kizudarake posted:

Ya got me. :rolleyes:

C.M. Kruger
Oct 28, 2013

Random Stranger posted:

There was a light airplane crash last year where the NTSB found that:
http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2015/02/03/ntsb-selfies-disoriented-pilot-causing-crash/22785475/

quote:

A GoPro camera mounted to the plane's windshield recorded Singh and several other passengers taking selfies on their cellphones during a series of short flights before the crash, the National Transportation Safety Board found. While the GoPro didn't record the flight where Singh crashed, investigators portrayed a pattern of the pilot taking selfies and possibly texting while giving rides to passengers above Front Range Airport, about 30 miles east of Denver.

Singh's plane was about 740 feet above the ground when it descended rapidly and hit the ground.

"It is likely that cellphone use during the accident flight distracted the pilot and contributed to the development of special disorientation and subsequent loss of control," the NTSB said.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

WickedHate posted:

Yeah, this particular guy is a scumbag who should rot in hell, but this isn't good for people in general. What's the point of having civil rights and a constitution that applies to everyone if you throw them out the window with a few weasel words whenever it's convenient to gently caress over one rear end in a top hat? Bad precedent.

It doesn't help that pedophilia is demonized to the point where pedophiles who don't want to harm kids can't actually receive any kind of therapy or other help for it, as just admitting to having the urges makes everyone spit in your face and lock you up. And it's virtually impossible to actually get it changed because anyone who doesn't think that people who are attracted to kids should be lined up and shot gets accused of being a pedophile themselves.

Remember when we treated schizophrenia and bipolar disorder the same way?