Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ofaloaf
Feb 15, 2013

Oh my god, who recorded these new death sounds? I just had an elderly mayor die and it sounded like he was trying to swallow a frog.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Ofaloaf
Feb 15, 2013

An attractive horse.

Party In My Diapee
Jan 24, 2014
a brorse! in my ck2?

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Games > Crusader Kings II: The Fantastical Adventures of Councilor Glitterhoof

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist
Is this the prelude to bears?

Darkrenown
Jul 18, 2012
please give me anything to talk about besides the fact that democrats are allowing millions of americans to be evicted from their homes

Autonomous Monster posted:

Portraits for who?

South Indians.

Turns out you don't need to sign in via CK exactly though:
https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/get-a-free-dlc-for-ckii-when-you-verify-your-email.905633/

quote:

How do I get this DLC?
- Login to your account page (https://accounts.paradoxplaza.com)
- Make sure your email is verified by going to the "Settings" tab. If your email is not verified you can send a re-verification email from here.
- Once it is verified go to the "Keys" tab.
- If you have connected your Paradox Account to your Steam account, just click the relevant "Activate" button.
- If not, then copy the key, and use the "Activate a Product on Steam" dialog in your Steam Client, in the Games drop-down menu.
- Well done, you've claimed your DLC!

TorakFade
Oct 3, 2006

I strongly disapprove

Ofaloaf posted:

An attractive horse.

A strong, attractive, imbecile horse. What is the rightmost trait? It kinda looks like a donkey but it can't be, that is clearly a horse :colbert: This is wonderful, I guess I have to pick up lunatic to put a horse in my court/council?

Also I gained a favour with a guy for promising to vote like him in the council but there have been no votes yet, I guess free favour. Can I use it to have him back me up for a vote in elective monarchy or is that limited to council voting?

KOGAHAZAN!!
Apr 29, 2013

a miserable failure as a person

an incredible success as a magical murder spider

What I want to know is what does this section in the trait code mean?

code:
potential = {
	race = horse
}
Do characters have race properties? What does that do?

TorakFade posted:

It kinda looks like a donkey but it can't be, that is clearly a horse :colbert:

Stubborn. Weird we didn't get a "weak-willed" trait to oppose that one.

KOGAHAZAN!! fucked around with this message at 22:50 on Feb 2, 2016

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

TorakFade posted:

A strong, attractive, imbecile horse. What is the rightmost trait? It kinda looks like a donkey but it can't be, that is clearly a horse :colbert: This is wonderful, I guess I have to pick up lunatic to put a horse in my court/council?

Also I gained a favour with a guy for promising to vote like him in the council but there have been no votes yet, I guess free favour. Can I use it to have him back me up for a vote in elective monarchy or is that limited to council voting?

Theres a notification at the top of the screen when you have a favor telling you what favors can do. But no you can't get elective monarchy votes with favors.

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
So I'm not sure how Crown Authority works now. I'm trying to pass a law that needs higher crown authority, and I'm... not sure where that is anymore!

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
That's for people who don't own Conclave. If you do those checks are ignored.

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Sindai posted:

That's for people who don't own Conclave. If you do those checks are ignored.

But I own Conclave. I'm running Conclave. It's part of an either/or check, so I guess... I just have to do the other one?

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Yeah, exactly. CA still shows up in tooltips but it shouldn't actually be required for anything.

Which is pretty confusing but I assume there's no support for modifying tooltips based on enabled DLC at the moment. Hopefully they add it later.

Sindai fucked around with this message at 23:15 on Feb 2, 2016

Pipski
Apr 18, 2004

Hmm. I picked up some DLC in the sale today, and I guess there was a patch as well (?), resumed my game, and, well, this happened.

It actually happened twice, but the first time he didn't get pregnant. He is now. Has the little stork icon and everything. :q:

e; All's well that ends well.

Wait, does that mean my wife is a man now?

Pipski fucked around with this message at 23:34 on Feb 2, 2016

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Has somebody modded playable horses yet?

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE

Pipski posted:

It actually happened twice, but the first time he didn't get pregnant. He is now. Has the little stork icon and everything. :q:

Oh, male pregnancies are back! :woop:

fspades
Jun 3, 2013

by R. Guyovich
So what's the verdict? Is it super buggy? I need something to pass the time until XCOM 2 comes out.

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

fspades posted:

So what's the verdict? Is it super buggy? I need something to pass the time until XCOM 2 comes out.

There are probably some bugs, but that's the fun of playing day 1 of a patch.

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

I DON'T KNOW EITHER DON'T ASK ME
College Slice
Why has the steppes suddenly become so... white?

Ofaloaf
Feb 15, 2013

:stare:

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003
ROME DID NOT HAVE ROBOTS, FUCKWIT
byzantine_empire.jpg

Goofballs
Jun 2, 2011

How do you enable title revocation now? It looks like the option is ticked for ruler but after a major rebellion I can't take people's titles. Not super obvious to me whats wrong because the list of things I need it only says the law needs to be enabled. The save is from before conclave came out and yeah I bought the dlc.

sdr782
Jun 7, 2005

"I said it was dodgeball time, bitch."
Is the Horse Lords DLC worth it? I've only recently started playing this game and have most of the other DLC packs from past steam sales. Is Horse Lords worth the price at 50% off?

Mr.Morgenstern
Sep 14, 2012

Goofballs posted:

How do you enable title revocation now? It looks like the option is ticked for ruler but after a major rebellion I can't take people's titles. Not super obvious to me whats wrong because the list of things I need it only says the law needs to be enabled. The save is from before conclave came out and yeah I bought the dlc.

There is a set of laws for revoking titles. It needs to be enabled.

AzraelNewtype
Nov 9, 2004

「ブレストバーン!!」

cheesetriangles posted:

Also good Charlemagne start date character to play? I really like British Isles.

Offa of Mercia is a dude who was trying to pass himself off as Charlemagne's peer, so you should go have fun with him. Just be sure to forge a Mercian kingdom crown rather than the default Britain, because gently caress the Victorians and their weird assertion that Offa was well on his way to being King of the English but falling short. Dude had no interest in an "England", but certainly was pushing to control the island that eventually became England.

Then just try and keep from collapsing into infighting so you can get the vikingr hordes Offa your island.

Walton Simons
May 16, 2010

ELECTRONIC OLD MEN RUNNING THE WORLD
Looks like defensive coalitions miight be a touch overcooked judging from general chatter (not touched it myself yet).

Goofballs
Jun 2, 2011

Mr.Morgenstern posted:

There is a set of laws for revoking titles. It needs to be enabled.

oh its down a bit because the scroll thing didn't start near the top so i didn't notice it

Gantolandon
Aug 19, 2012

Something seems to be off with the military AI in the patch. Usually it would just conquer the bare minimum required for the war score to start ticking up and then try to eliminate the enemy army.

Right now, the King of Saxony decided to attack West Francia (Widukind and his clowncar of event-spawned Saxons :bang: ) and they cooperate in dragging the war as much as possible. Both don't really mind their enemy to hold into the war objective, they conquer it when they feel like it and have nothing interesting to do. Saxons took several provinces, then parked they army in Mecklenburg and called it a day. Francians move back and forth between the Saxon king's single province in Normandy and Anhalt which they are supposed to defend, never reaching either of them. Both armies ignore each other as much as possible.

This is pretty much the only significant issue I spotted. There were some minor ones though - lack of character names in some event texts, characters occasionally going through their entire childhood without getting even a single trait and a peasant rebel leader conquering Rome, becoming its Prince-Bishop and ousting the Pope.

TomViolence
Feb 19, 2013

PLEASE ASK ABOUT MY 80,000 WORD WALLACE AND GROMIT SLASH FICTION. PLEASE.

Messed about with Conclave for a bit. A few random, disconnected thoughts:

Plotting's a bit poo poo and hard to manage now that bribes only net you about 15 relations. For some reason, getting someone to join my plot is one of the few things the new Favours system doesn't cover.
The Charlemagne start very quickly has all of Europe and North Africa uniting in a grand rainbow coalition against the Karling blob. Charlemagne is a bellicose, swaggering bellend, but I really doubt he had the power to have Christians, Muslims and Pagans set aside their differences just to fight him off.
My council is full of dickheads.
I like the concept of shattered retreats, but I'm not sure if I'm a fan of how they're handled currently.

Tanreall
Apr 27, 2004

Did I mention I was gay for pirate ducks?

~SMcD
After deposing of an Antipope, I asked the Pope for help in fending off a Saxon invasion. I then proceeded to corner and kill the Pope. :downsgun:

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X
Children do seem much lighter on traits now. Not sure if that's WAD or not.

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011

Tanreall posted:

After deposing of an Antipope, I asked the Pope for help in fending off a Saxon invasion. I then proceeded to corner and kill the Pope. :downsgun:

Wait, what?! Was the Pope an ally of the Saxons and was leading troops against you, or something? That's pretty hilarious either way :D

Tanreall
Apr 27, 2004

Did I mention I was gay for pirate ducks?

~SMcD

Major Isoor posted:

Wait, what?! Was the Pope an ally of the Saxons and was leading troops against you, or something? That's pretty hilarious either way :D

He was an ally but good riddance, right?

Groogy
Jun 12, 2014

Tanks are kinda wasted on invading the USSR

cock hero flux posted:

why is everyone on my council such a loving dickhead

Because it is their job to be a dickhead and your job to persuade them to not be a dickhead.
My fav expansion in a nutshell. Welcome to internal politics.

Or you replace them all with Horses and they will forever be loyal to you. (seriously Glitterhoof is scripted to always be loyal to you because Glitterhoof is awesome.)

Groogy fucked around with this message at 02:09 on Feb 3, 2016

catlord
Mar 22, 2009

What's on your mind, Axa?
What should I look for when updating a mod? The one I tossed together only adds cultures with retinues and some cultural names for provinces, plus some melting pot events.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

Has somebody modded playable horses yet?

additional point: can you bang a horse?

Dallan Invictus
Oct 11, 2007

The thing about words is that meanings can twist just like a snake, and if you want to find snakes, look for them behind words that have changed their meaning.

catlord posted:

What should I look for when updating a mod? The one I tossed together only adds cultures with retinues and some cultural names for provinces, plus some melting pot events.

The basic rule of thumb is "if you've changed a file in your mod that a subsequent patch also changes, your mod needs to mirror the patch's changes or poo poo will start acting weird".

If your cultures and retinues are on their own in their own file then you probably won't need to do anything unless the patch changed something in the structure of those files (I haven't checked because someone else is handling that on the CK2+ compatch). For cultural names, same thing- if landed_titles changed you'll want to mirror those changes there. Your melting pot events should be fine though.

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

Wait how do you get a horse.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VerdantSquire
Jul 1, 2014

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

additional point: can you bang a horse?

I haven't played the expansion but from the screenshots I have seen no restrictions against forcing your subjects to marry glitterhoof. They had to add the -5000% fertility modifier for a reason.

• Locked thread