Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Updates on Toukiden 2 (http://gematsu.com/2016/02/toukiden-2-seamless-battles-shield-sword-weapon), Miku X ( http://gematsu.com/2016/02/hatsune-miku-project-diva-x-adds-hitorinbo-envy), and Gundam Breaker 3 ( http://www.siliconera.com/2016/02/02/sd-devil-dragon-blade-zero-gundam-strike-liu-bei-added-gundam-breaker-3/)

First English trailer for Odin Sphere Leifthrasir
https://youtu.be/LTsfyMwq3OM

Miku X compilation trailer
https://youtu.be/ZsIFN4yGvj4

New Lego Star Wars thing
http://www.siliconera.com/2016/02/02/lego-star-wars-force-awakens-announced-major-platforms/

One Piece: Burning Blood dated for the West.
http://www.siliconera.com/2016/02/01/north-americans-get-blood-boiling-may-one-piece-burning-blood/

I should probably get Cyber Sleuth today, even if I'm not done Cold Steel yet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

I'm getting the digimon on ps4.

I'm...sorry, Vita-kun

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Ganbatte, Vita-kun.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

I will continue to buy Nep Vita games.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

well it is clear that twintails are superior to pigtails

Ruggington posted:

I'm getting the digimon on ps4.

I'm...sorry, Vita-kun

me too but I will remote play it while lounging on different pieces of furniture instead of on the one tv couch

EPIC fat guy vids
Feb 3, 2011

squeak... squeak... SQUEAK!
Lipstick Apathy

Super No Vacancy posted:

me too but I will remote play it while lounging on different pieces of furniture instead of on the one tv couch

:agreed:

That's a good idea.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Greetings friends, I have just ordered a Vita because I decided I can't go another day without playing Trails of Cold Steel

My urgent question is do I need to also get myself a larger memory card right away just to play this or can that wait?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

ImpAtom posted:

Senran Kagura tries to have a serious plot but that is actually one of the things I find weirdest about it. Having characters angst about being abandoned and neglected or the tragic duty of their assassination or whatever contrasts so absurdly hardly with Gropes McBoobs or characters tearing each other's clothes off instead of fighting that it's honestly kind of insane. It also undercuts any possible drama in the game where a dramatic fight to the death between lifelong rivals devolves into them pulling each other's bras off while they go "kyaaaaa~n"
actually, it works really well, and is cool, and all the characters are good.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

It'll fit on a 4 if that's what you're asking

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Endorph posted:

actually, it works really well, and is cool, and all the characters are good.

Yeah it's just that some of them are so good the others look bad by comparison.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Cake Attack posted:

It'll fit on a 4 if that's what you're asking

The box on amazon says it has 1 gb of internal storage which seems unspeakably and absurdly tiny. So obviously if I want to get digital games and things in the future I want to buy an actual memory card. For now however I just want to play the physical version of Cold Steel, so I'm wondering if a memory card is a requirement to even play it or if I can wait to get one when I actually get around to buying other games.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
i can't comment on senran kagura writing cause i've never played the 3ds games but i think the character designs are cool and fun

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Regy Rusty posted:

The box on amazon says it has 1 gb of internal storage which seems unspeakably and absurdly tiny. So obviously if I want to get digital games and things in the future I want to buy an actual memory card. For now however I just want to play the physical version of Cold Steel, so I'm wondering if a memory card is a requirement to even play it or if I can wait to get one when I actually get around to buying other games.

There's no patch out yet, at least in Europe, so yes, that 1GB will probably hold your save.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Regy Rusty posted:

Oh I got my vita second hand, I didn't realize the 4GB memory card wasn't included at retail. Yeah 1GB should work for the physical copy

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Okay thanks!

Now to start researching what other Vita games I might want to get down the road. Currently my list is made up pretty much entirely of Falcom games

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Regy Rusty posted:

Okay thanks!

Now to start researching what other Vita games I might want to get down the road. Currently my list is made up pretty much entirely of Falcom games

That's pretty much it, except good ports/remakes of already good games.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Oh there's also great rhythm games, if you're into that.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
Get Virtue's last reward because the vita version is the only version that isn't bugged to poo poo and the third game is probably going to be off the walls bouncy balls amazing.

Stanos
Sep 22, 2009

The best 57 in hockey.
I made do with the 8 gig that came with my bundle but was really glad to find a used 32gb at a good price. I'd get a 64gb if it was a REALLY good deal but eh. If you do decide to get the 64gb, I think importing is still cheaper.

8 is about the bare minimum I'd consider acceptable though which is like 2 vita games and at least 1 PSP game. I know I had Miku, DT2, and Tactics Ogre with little space left at least.

EDIT: Games that I liked:

Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together
Falcom stuff
Dungeon Travelers 2 (Fanservicey as gently caress)
Demon Gaze (fanservicey but not as bad)
Operation Abyss (ends on a cliffhanger and I doubt the third part will be released in English since it apparently didn't do well in Japan)
Project Diva
IA/VT Colorful (import but perfectly reasonable to play with little/no understanding of kanji)
Stein's Gate

DT2 and Steins;Gate or whatever are on sale this week too, $20 is a pretty good price for the former.

Stanos fucked around with this message at 20:05 on Feb 2, 2016

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Regy Rusty posted:

Okay thanks!

If you like visual novels like the Ace Attorney games you would probably like Virtue's Last Reward/Danganronpa 1 + 2/Stein's Gate

If you like JRPGs Persona 4 is probably still the best game on the system (There's also the FFX/X-2 remasters if you haven't played them on PS3 or PS4)

The Vita has a lot of indie ports like Spelunky/Binding of Isaac/Hotline Miami/Nuclear Throne/Rogue Legacy etc. (Crypt of the Necrodancer is out tomorrow I think and that's supposed to be good) They generally have some minor framerate issues but it's really nice to have portable version (especially with Spelunky/BoI)

If you like rhythm games + anime/vocaloid stuff the Project Diva games + Persona 4 Dancing All Night are both really good

The Vita has a lot of Monster Hunter clones since that series is on 3DS now. There's Toukiden/Freedom Wars/Soul Sacrifice/maybe more. They're generally never really as good as MH but they're there I guess (God Eater 2 is supposed to be really good)

Misc stuff that's pretty good - Gravity Rush/Earth Defense Force/Everybody's Golf/Wipeout/Lumines/Rayman Origins/Legends/TxK

The Atelier games are supposed to be good I think

OgretailFood
Oct 9, 2012

Recommended by 10 out of 10 Aragami

So, Namco Europe is/was doing a livestream about upcoming games, and they showed a video with the producer and director of God Eater. They are happy that it's released worldwide and that they can talk about things that Japanese players don't know alongside exclusive content.

That last bit is what got me in the stream, and I can't wait to hear more about it.

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

Let's cuddle. :3:

Regy Rusty posted:

Okay thanks!

If you have decently good wifi, get helldivers. It's incredibly fun to play and works perfectly with the vita format. Just make sure you play with headphones of some kind, because the mic is on by default (you want it on).

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

If you have PS+ then know that Helldivers is free this month!

BlazeEmblem
Jun 8, 2013

Uh oh. Do I use Ariadne thread or Goho-M?

Wamdoodle posted:

How friendly is it to people who don't play many fighting games and don't bother with mechanics deeper than press button, hit other dude or dudette?

It has stylish mode, where you just button mash to pull off combos. It's fairly easy to play.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon
Whether or not you like golf, get Hot Shots Golf also because it is amazing.

Has anyone played Crypt of the Necrodancer yet on Vita? Wondering if it performs fine.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Super No Vacancy posted:

Well, duh, no one ever made a pigtails day. That would be silly.

bloodychill posted:

Has anyone played Crypt of the Necrodancer yet on Vita? Wondering if it performs fine.

Haven't yet, but the videos I've seen the framerate seems to have no issues, which is important what with it being partly a rhythm game.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

When is it short hair day

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Help Im Alive posted:

When is it short hair day

sorry, but you made a wrong turn on the road to tomboy town, bucko

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.
Oh, geez, I did too. Which way to tomboy town?

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Hop into the closest dumpster and you're there.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Policenaut posted:

Holy poo poo

Unusual
Nov 12, 2013

Policenaut posted:

But isn't that where i'd go to find Miku?

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

Vita thread posts disparaging tomboys and Mikus are greatly upsetting

you don't deserve to be the OP of the Vita thread Policenaut, it's a good thing your old thread got nuked

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
Exciting Lemon
Muscle lady misogyny and constant anime shitposts got the last thread nuked. Why doesn't epitasis or The Colonel make an anime in games chat thread or something?

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

bloodychill posted:

Muscle lady misogyny and constant anime shitposts got the last thread nuked. Why doesn't epitasis or The Colonel make an anime in games chat thread or or something?

talk about hopping into the closest dumpster

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
Exciting Lemon

Really Pants posted:

talk about hopping into the closest dumpster

I'm sick of anime best girl chat and "what is epitasis watching on crunchy roll right now" soliloquies.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

U-DO Burger posted:

Vita thread posts disparaging tomboys and Mikus are greatly upsetting

you don't deserve to be the OP of the Vita thread Policenaut, it's a good thing your old thread got nuked

I like Miku, and also tomboys.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

bloodychill posted:

I'm sick of anime best girl chat and "what is epitasis watching on crunchy roll right now" soliloquies.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

bloodychill posted:

"what is epitasis watching on crunchy roll right now" soliloquies.

I don't understand why he does this either

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
Exciting Lemon

Yes, that is my avatar. What's your point?