Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
In the X-Mas episode where you see young Mrs. Mac it was a little heartwrenching to see her so full of life and energy. Raising Mac just totally blew her out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos

Bust Rodd posted:

In the X-Mas episode where you see young Mrs. Mac it was a little heartwrenching to see her so full of life and energy. Raising Mac just totally blew her out.

Meh, I'd think being married to a drug dealer who eats people might have had more to do with it.

Besides, she's pretty happy after she moves in with Bonnie.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

emanresu tnuocca posted:

Mac and Charlie's mom's are really good for each other. The gang forcing them to move in together might just be the only legitimately nice thing they've ever done, even though they only did it for selfish reasons.

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

One was married to a career criminal murderer and one faked cancer to scam money out of people so they aren't exactly angels themselves

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

drunken officeparty posted:

One was married to a career criminal murderer and one faked cancer to scam money out of people so they aren't exactly angels themselves

poo poo begat poo poo

I binged season 9 again and still laughed out loud when Dee tells Mac he was raised by a cigarette

SweetMercifulCrap!
Jan 28, 2012
Lipstick Apathy
I'm extremely excited for tomorrow's episode. I feel like there's a lot of untapped potential in juxtaposing Mac and Dennis against the banality of the suburbs. It could go either way though, if it's just a bunch of "lol the suburbs are lame!" jokes then meh, but if they either get engulfed in the suburb mentality or become the rare instance where they are the straight man to crazy neighbors then it could be great.

Dead Precedents
May 5, 2005

Precedents come and go, but death goes on forever.

emanresu tnuocca posted:

Meh, I'd think being married to a drug dealer who eats people might have had more to do with it.

I love that everyone thinks that him being a cannibal is awesome.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?
I think the best thing is that Mac's dad thinks the people in prison are less awful then the gang. He also shows dominance!

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

bobkatt013 posted:

I think the best thing is that Mac's dad thinks the people in prison are less awful then the gang.

He's not wrong.

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
To go along with that, I really enjoy the moment in The Gang Squashes Their Beef after Bill Ponderosa enters.

What a piece of poo poo that guy is.
Yeah, he's a real piece of poo poo, yeah.

Even the Gang recognizes that not giving a poo poo about your children is kind of a dick move.

clockworx
Oct 15, 2005
The Internet Whore made me buy this account

THA TITTY THRILLER posted:

To go along with that, I really enjoy the moment in The Gang Squashes Their Beef after Bill Ponderosa enters.

What a piece of poo poo that guy is.
Yeah, he's a real piece of poo poo, yeah.

Even the Gang recognizes that not giving a poo poo about your children is kind of a dick move.

I don't think I could ever tire of watching this scene.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GxxM3zrJ_gY

"You're a hooker!"
"You're a fat slut!"

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
If Charlie and Mac really want to stop a school shooting, they ought to keep tabs on that Ponderosa kid.

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

I wonder where they cast kids to say "We call him mr. cocksucker because he sucks so many cocks"

hottubrhymemachine
May 24, 2006

Connie is death process
Legally they can't ask child actors to swear so their script would say something like:

"we call him mystique orc sucker because he's ups so many clocks"

Then they have them say the line so many times that they can edit the audio to say it "properly".

*The More You Know*

many johnnys
May 17, 2015

hottubrhymemachine posted:

Legally they can't ask child actors to swear

That's a really weird legal requirement, and I don't think it's true

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

many johnnys posted:

That's a really weird legal requirement, and I don't think it's true

I did a bit of googling, it doesn't seem like there's an actual Law set in stone preventing Child Actors from swearing or being around swearing, but having "safe" version of the script for them to use is also common. It's probably just something that's informally become part of working with child actors.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
I'll bet dollars to donuts that those child actors are kids related to the cast, children of close friends in the industry, etc. and don't need to be as tiptoed around I sincerely doubt most parents would let their kids audition for a role on this show after watching any one episode from the preceding seasons.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

I did a bit of googling, it doesn't seem like there's an actual Law set in stone preventing Child Actors from swearing or being around swearing, but having "safe" version of the script for them to use is also common. It's probably just something that's informally become part of working with child actors.

It really depends on the parents of the actors. They might have regulations like the parents have to be on the set or other things to protect them, but with their permission it should not be an issue.

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Everything is in my control
Lipstick Apathy

Bust Rodd posted:

I'll bet dollars to donuts that those child actors are kids related to the cast, children of close friends in the industry, etc. and don't need to be as tiptoed around I sincerely doubt most parents would let their kids audition for a role on this show after watching any one episode from the preceding seasons.

It was either Nathan Fielder or Rob McEllheney who said it (or maybe even both, can't remember), but don't EVER underestimate the parents of child actors. The majority if them (or maybe it's just a notorious few at any given time) will let their kids do virtually anything if it involves them getting paid. I really wish I could source the article or video or whatever where I read that, but if you watch this show, or especially if you watch Nathan For You, it becomes pretty obvious. At times, it seems like the idea was to find a parent who wouldn't let them do something they wanted to do on the show, and without fail, they've never had trouble finding a parent to agree to it.

Didn't you have friends growing up who had "cool" parents? Multiply that by several order of magnitude then add a 4 figure paycheck into the mix. Now is it really so hard to believe these kids say/do the things the show asks of them?

Easychair Bootson
May 7, 2004

Where's the last guy?
Ultimo hombre.
Last man standing.
Must've been one.
I draw the line at taking a child to the tanning bed. Unless you're only putting him in there for a couple of minutes - just to get a base.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Easychair Bootson posted:

I draw the line at taking a child to the tanning bed. Unless you're only putting him in there for a couple of minutes - just to get a base.

How about having kids being part of action sequence with helicopters?

InfiniteZero
Sep 11, 2004

PINK GUITAR FIRE ROBOT

College Slice

timp posted:

Didn't you have friends growing up who had "cool" parents?

Actually, it's not normally that the parents are "cool" so much as "crazy" and/or "completely willing to exploit".

Sammus
Nov 30, 2005

Easychair Bootson posted:

What about putting your kid in a room with 7 strangers and having him hang out in a small box while they have an orgy beside him?

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Sammus posted:

What about putting your kid in a room with 7 strangers and having him hang out in a small box while they have an orgy beside him?

The box is made to look like a space ship though, thats an important detail

and its sound proof!

Vitamin P
Nov 19, 2013

Truth is game rigging is more difficult than it looks pls stay ded
What's all this I'm seeing about Mac banging Dennis tonight.

Reset Smith
Apr 6, 2009

timp posted:

It was either Nathan Fielder or Rob McEllheney who said it (or maybe even both, can't remember), but don't EVER underestimate the parents of child actors. The majority if them (or maybe it's just a notorious few at any given time) will let their kids do virtually anything if it involves them getting paid. I really wish I could source the article or video or whatever where I read that, but if you watch this show, or especially if you watch Nathan For You, it becomes pretty obvious. At times, it seems like the idea was to find a parent who wouldn't let them do something they wanted to do on the show, and without fail, they've never had trouble finding a parent to agree to it.

I believe Glenn Howerton relates an anecdote like this on the "Pop-Pop: The Final Solution" episode DVD audio Commentary. There is a scene of children goosestepping, and shouting Seig Heil while giving the Nazi Salute. Glenn points out that the adults sitting on risers behind the children are the stage parents who appartently had no qualms whatsoever making their kids into TV Nazis. Further, he says he had prepared an explanation and defense for the sequence to give to any concerned parent. And of course he would completely understand if anyone was still uncomfortable.
In the end not a single parent expressed any misgivings.

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี

Even if there were a law, the gang's plucky Bird Law lawyer would handle that poo poo with ease.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

drunken officeparty posted:

I wonder where they cast kids to say "We call him mr. cocksucker because he sucks so many cocks"

...wait, is that not a normal thing for a kid to say? Because when I was in middle school that's how everyone talked.

many johnnys
May 17, 2015

an episode about Frank wanting to take everyone on a vacation, because the gang is stagnating. They spend the entire episode arguing about which country they should visit, and have very unrealistic expectations about them

in the end, frank cancels the tickets because he's on the no-fly list (and they're onto his "mantis toboggan" alias)

many johnnys
May 17, 2015

dennis: something to do with banging
mac: vatican city
dee: france, or maybe she wants to play a geisha in japan
charlie: one of those countries with the giant cheese rolls, although he is wary of the giant rats that make the holes

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat
"That's your goddamned problem, pal. You don't know your limits because you're not willing to push yourself."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SliRFVLdhjs

Goddamn, Dennis is goddamned amazing.

Brock Samson
May 13, 2003

I let you know me, see me. I gave you a rare gift, but you didn't want it.

Dee I will slap you in the teeth!

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
It's OK guys I'm here

ada shatan
Oct 20, 2004

that'll do pig, that'll do

Brock Samson posted:

Dee I will slap you in the teeth!

I'll never stop loving the ways in which Dennis will correct Dee. Ever.

Brock Samson
May 13, 2003

I let you know me, see me. I gave you a rare gift, but you didn't want it.

Dennis got the range rover back?

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

loving smoke alarm

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Seize the gap!

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Day 8

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
USE YOUR SIGNAL! YOU COW!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

They are only eating Mac and cheese
I called it 5 seconds before they pointed it out