Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Heh, could the 'Twin Oaks Boys' sound more straight out of a Ron Bennington story?

Also where's Rap(?) on that list?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blackmarketlimb
Dec 27, 2005
The bigger question is where's Don Vito?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U9-hIaKF0Is

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
According to /r/opieandanthony, Ant is currently on Twitter ranting and raving about global warming being a farce because it's currently cold.

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY

Apoplexy posted:

According to /r/opieandanthony, Ant is currently on Twitter ranting and raving about global warming being a farce because it's currently cold.

It's been the warmest winter I can remember, it's also 51 currently in NYC - average is 39.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
Yes, and last year was the warmest year ever.

Under the vegetable
Nov 2, 2004

by Smythe
we had a single snowfall this entire season on the east coast, it was a freak huge blizzard, and by the next week it's almost all melted and my windows are open because it's almost 60 degrees outside.

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Evidently Todd Barry is in with Bennington today. His last appearance was the most awkward hour of radio I've ever heard so this should be interesting.

Keg
Sep 22, 2014
https://twitter.com/keiththecop/status/694635207413121025

The producer for TACS quit

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Apoplexy posted:

i don't know how he did it, but anthony somehow tricked most of the fans into believing he's not a loving moron

Cacafuego
Jul 22, 2007

Not hard to do when most of them are loving morons themselves. I went to an o&a live event in philly. I swear I don't think anyone else other than me bathed or knew how to put together a passable sentence. Although somebody did stick a pencil into that BAM guy's asscrack because his jorts were not held on with a belt, so it was funny

lizardhunt
Feb 7, 2010

agreed ->

AndrewP posted:

Evidently Todd Barry is in with Bennington today. His last appearance was the most awkward hour of radio I've ever heard so this should be interesting.

Was it awkward? Didn't get a chance to listen yet, and I like Todd Barry.

Cromulent
Dec 22, 2002

People are under a lot of stress, Bradley.
That kid must be shell shocked. As I recall, he had never even heard of O&A when he took the TACS job (from a posting on craigslist).

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Oh I'm sure people will be just lining up around the corner for this gig

And why the gently caress did he think putting the job posting on Twitter would be a good idea? I'm sure it's just serious inquiries only

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

shyduck posted:

Oh I'm sure people will be just lining up around the corner for this gig

And why the gently caress did he think putting the job posting on Twitter would be a good idea? I'm sure it's just serious inquiries only
If someone bullshits through phone calls etc and comes all the way to the studio just to play a prank on Anthony more power to them

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

They should let Bobo do it.

edit:
https://twitter.com/TheCumiaShow/status/694917448198397952

shyduck fucked around with this message at 17:47 on Feb 3, 2016

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:ninja:
Gift for the grind, criminal mind shifty

Swift with the 9 through a 59FIFTY
They're literally asking for it

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Someone who's never worked PR wrote that.

(I mean, I know it's Keith.)

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe
Haha. And they had the mods on /r/TACSdiscussion delete the thread suggesting it.

jyrka
Jan 21, 2005

Potato Count: 2 small potatoes
:lol:

Who the gently caress would want to work under Ant and Keith the Cop? For what I presume very little money too.

Reince Penis
Nov 15, 2007

by R. Guyovich
The only reason I still have this thread bookmarked is schadenfreude.

And somehow it just keeps delivering. :allears:

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

PK loving SUBBAN posted:

The only reason I still have this thread bookmarked is schadenfreude.

And somehow it just keeps delivering. :allears:

And Ant's trial starts tomorrow. If he permanently loses his gun and has to do time, say good to the network and possibly his fortune and house.

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

Mad Doctor Cthulhu posted:

And Ant's trial starts tomorrow. If he permanently loses his gun and has to do time, say good to the network and possibly his fortune and house.

I want to be around for when that meltdown happens.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
I just want his guns taken away. Pissy-eyed human being needs his security blankie?

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Morter posted:

I want to be around for when that meltdown happens.
Yeah, if anyone finds a good source for information about that besides reddit please pass it along.

Keg
Sep 22, 2014
A guy on reddit who said he's a lawyer and seemed like he knew what he was talking about when Ant was first arrested:

quote:

Tomorrow is technically his first appearance.

The only things that really get accomplished on the first appearance are "procedural" issues. Lawyers file notices of appearance, the Judge goes over the basic details, etc.

Typically, the procedural items are finished and the parties adjourn to a second date.

Some possibilities for tomorrow:
- Anthony gets a deal from the DA and accepts it. Anthony will want an ACD - it saves his guns. The DA may not be so generous. If they're too far apart, they're going to trial at some point in the next month or two.
- The Judge orders Anthony to undergo some type of alcohol/anger management program. This can happen if the Judge is overwhelmingly convinced that this event was fueled by alcohol.
- Trial dates won't be set until the second or third appearance. There would also need to be discovery before any trial dates could be made.

Lieutenant Centaur
Oct 17, 2010

A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon
Ant is quasi famous with police friends. He probably get some milquetoast plea/slap on the wrist, forced to attend some alcohol awareness classes and be told to be a good boy from this point forward.

vincentpricesboner
Sep 3, 2006

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Lieutenant Centaur posted:

Ant is quasi famous with police friends. He probably get some milquetoast plea/slap on the wrist, forced to attend some alcohol awareness classes and be told to be a good boy from this point forward.

He also probally didnt even hit her and has CCTV footage to back it up.

Keg
Sep 22, 2014

zapplez posted:

His confidence about all of this seems to suggest that's the case, but didn't Dani have bruised ribs or something similar?

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

zapplez posted:

Keg posted:

His confidence about all of this seems to suggest that's the case, but didn't Dani have bruised ribs or something similar?

Wasn't there two incidents? One that was caught on Periscope, and the other that was later that had the cops showing up where the bruised ribs came into play?

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe

Mad Doctor Cthulhu posted:

Wasn't there two incidents? One that was caught on Periscope, and the other that was later that had the cops showing up where the bruised ribs came into play?

Didn't it take place over like eight hours? At the bare minimum, we know that he smashed her phone and I doubt she just handed it over.

Keg
Sep 22, 2014

Call Me Charlie posted:

Didn't it take place over like eight hours? At the bare minimum, we know that he smashed her phone and I doubt she just handed it over.

We also know they watched Seinfeld at some point.

An Enormous Boner
Jul 12, 2009

Keg posted:

A guy on reddit who said he's a lawyer and seemed like he knew what he was talking about when Ant was first arrested:

Well I am overwhelmingly convinced that the event was fueled by alcohol.

vincentpricesboner
Sep 3, 2006

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
He doesn't exactly fit the profile of a physically abusive spouse. His first incident is at 56 years old? Even his exes that hate him said he wasn't violent.

Keg
Sep 22, 2014
Very true, unlike Ant, woman beaters tend to have substance abuse problems and are quick to anger.

Reince Penis
Nov 15, 2007

by R. Guyovich

zapplez posted:

He doesn't exactly fit the profile of a physically abusive spouse. His first incident is at 56 years old? Even his exes that hate him said he wasn't violent.

Plus, he said he didn't do it!

What more do you want jeez.

Cory Lidle
Oct 12, 2006
The scumbag didn't beat women when he was successful and had a normal gig, so clearly he wouldn't now that his life has spiraled out of control.

Keg
Sep 22, 2014
https://twitter.com/bobo103nyc/status/694662301312512001

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

Want to impress teach how fire works alright?

jyrka
Jan 21, 2005

Potato Count: 2 small potatoes
https://twitter.com/ChipChipperson/status/695668177922080768

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

bahkin up your chair :rock: