Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
which sister is best
This poll is closed.
sakura 11 6.96%
hinoka 21 13.29%
camilla 42 26.58%
elise 15 9.49%
im gay (in a nonironic sense) 69 43.67%
Total: 158 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
funnier still was that kcb described her character as looking cute, and in response, one of hte other players described the character they were playing as being "so cute and pretty and adorable that it makes all the people in the towns swoon and say 'ahhhhhh' when they see her" and it was such an obvious attempt at one-upping KCB it was kinda silly lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
jason aaron (the writer on southern bastards) is the rare comics guy who can do serious crime books that are About a Thing and then turn around and also write a thor comic about thor fighting a guy called Gorr the God-Butcher with art that looks like it should be airbrushed on the side of a van in 1983 and not have either one be poo poo

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Those guys sound like a bunch of faggots Kite

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.

FirstAidKite posted:

the dm (a guy who insisted on being called "The Darkness")

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Literally The Worst posted:

jason aaron (the writer on southern bastards) is the rare comics guy who can do serious crime books that are About a Thing and then turn around and also write a thor comic about thor fighting a guy called Gorr the God-Butcher with art that looks like it should be airbrushed on the side of a van in 1983 and not have either one be poo poo

I don't give a rat's rear end about that

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

i just watched the first episode of hellsing, and its pretty much the same thing as hellboy now that we're on the topic of comics

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib

FirstAidKite posted:

funnier still was that kcb described her character as looking cute, and in response, one of hte other players described the character they were playing as being "so cute and pretty and adorable that it makes all the people in the towns swoon and say 'ahhhhhh' when they see her" and it was such an obvious attempt at one-upping KCB it was kinda silly lol

a cute smart barbarian? now I've seen everything

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Davincie posted:

i just watched the first episode of hellsing, and its pretty much the same thing as hellboy now that we're on the topic of comics

except hellboy is good as hell and im working on buying every single hellboy trade including side stories

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

not much of a wizard, imo

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib
Yeah, I don't think Alena learns any magic at all

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

yeah that's kinda the thing that it's playing off of, that most stories about that sort of thing are glorifying it and feel good bullshit

and then this comes along and goes "uh actually no it sucks a lot and is bad for you" and is a good story to boot. check out the first two trades (they're all that's out so far i think? i know #13 just dropped but idk if that's in trade 3 or 4)
Might check it out sometime then. There's surprisingly few comic book stores in my area though, so who knows when I'll get around to it.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Lemon Curdistan posted:

They're great. Howard's Conan is intelligent, speaks a dozen dead languages, successfully leads armies and dresses sensibly. It's dumb that Frazetta's Beefy McMuscleslab Loinclothman depiction is what stuck with comic book artists. :(

A loincloth is dressing sensibly when you have a body like Arnold Schwarzenegger.

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib
You can't be a wizard if all you have is the hat.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

Hellsing and Hellboy are both good.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

DoubleDonut posted:

Yeah, I don't think Alena learns any magic at all

In Dragon Quest Heroes she can use magic to create copies of herself so she can do even more punching!

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Bad Seafood posted:

Might check it out sometime then. There's surprisingly few comic book stores in my area though, so who knows when I'll get around to it.

image's digital store is DRM free and comixology does sales on image stuff all the time

sorry my job is literally selling comics i have a hard time not trying to make people read poo poo

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

TheLovablePlutonis posted:

Those guys sound like a bunch of faggots Kite

they werent very good

anything that didnt fit with their grand vision was turned down lol

i remember the lady who tried one-upping kcb's character was telling me about another d&d game she was playing where partway in she hosed up a dice roll and had her character fall on top of another person's character, and then they started to fall in love in the game and roleplay sex later on lmfao

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

also i dled the storm comics collection a bit back cause i loved them as a kid, but i forgot about it till just now. they're sort of sci-fi conanish, idk if you can get them in english tho

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet

Bad Seafood posted:

Hellsing and Hellboy are both good.

Now this is a statement I can get behind

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

FirstAidKite posted:

they werent very good

anything that didnt fit with their grand vision was turned down lol

i remember the lady who tried one-upping kcb's character was telling me about another d&d game she was playing where partway in she hosed up a dice roll and had her character fall on top of another person's character, and then they started to fall in love in the game and roleplay sex later on lmfao

I wanna see someone roll a critical fail while roleplaying sex

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

American comics I like:
    All-Star Superman
    Hellboy
    The Maxx
    Sandman
European comics I like:
    Asterix and Obelix
    Judge Dredd

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
hell odarknessmyoldfriend

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

boom boom boom posted:

put up a mirror in your bedroom

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

boom boom boom posted:

"You retire to your favorite Internet message boards and post really creepy fan art."

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

It was cool when I gmed a D&D game and my party consisted of a remarkably chill guy, a powergamer (then again he was playing as fighter so I was more lenient than i'd be to a wizard shitass) and a diaper furry with a squeaky voice (this was before I even heard about Shmorky which is really hosed up in retrospect)

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

image's digital store is DRM free and comixology does sales on image stuff all the time

sorry my job is literally selling comics i have a hard time not trying to make people read poo poo
I don't buy digital comics.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

FirstAidKite posted:

put up a mirror in your bedroom

Thank you for assuming I have sex

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Bad Seafood posted:

American comics I like:
    All-Star Superman
    Hellboy
    The Maxx
    Sandman
European comics I like:
    Asterix and Obelix
    Judge Dredd

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Bad Seafood posted:

American comics I like:
    All-Star Superman
    Hellboy
    The Maxx
    Sandman
European comics I like:
    Asterix and Obelix
    Judge Dredd

u should check out criminal/incognito/fatale imo

also how hype are you for cursed earth uncensored this year

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

Bad Seafood posted:

American comics I like:
    All-Star Superman
    Hellboy
    The Maxx
    Sandman
European comics I like:
    Asterix and Obelix
    Judge Dredd

read andre franquin

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
Doom Patrol

Sorry Corals
Jan 2, 2010

FirstAidKite posted:

hell odarknessmyoldfriend

i learned today that Disturbed has done a cover of that song

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
Now I just wish at least one person here was into realistic spy fiction. I want to discuss John Le Carre without having to go to The Book Barn

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Bad Seafood posted:

I need my Saga issues

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
http://www.gamestop.com/Browse?Nav=16variant.SKU-5-101255+OR+101257+OR+170855+OR+113675+OR+107837

some gamestop 3ds games are buy one get one half off

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Bad Seafood posted:

i didnt until i realized i never wanted to move boxes of comics again without getting paid for it and then i sold 99% of ym poo poo and went digital/trades only

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
also like 2000AD is expensive as dick in print and cheaper online

and i like 2000AD

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Bad Seafood posted:

American comics I like:
    All-Star Superman
    Hellboy
    The Maxx
    Sandman
European comics I like:
    Asterix and Obelix
    Judge Dredd

Read Quino

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Dangerous Person posted:

Now I just wish at least one person here was into realistic spy fiction. I want to discuss John Le Carre without having to go to The Book Barn

I read a spy book. It was Our Man in Havana, and I liked it a lot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

Oh geez, just realized I forgot to mention Mœbius.

I enjoy Tintin, but not on the same level as Asterix.

Still good though, no question.

• Locked thread