Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RUM HAM
Sep 25, 2009

Tekopo posted:

Starviper

Nearly every competitive deck I've seen seems to require buying this guy. I may as well just get on with it!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

When you see it, you'll shit yourself.

Monohydrate posted:

Nearly every competitive deck I've seen seems to require buying this guy. I may as well just get on with it!
Autothrusters are really good and a lot of ships benefit from them, yeah.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

So none of the wave 8 ships have auto thruster? I guess they're milking it for wave 9-10, in which case auto thruster will also be in a seasonal kit.

Poopy Palpy
Jun 10, 2000

Im da fwiggin Poopy Palpy XD

Chill la Chill posted:

So none of the wave 8 ships have auto thruster? I guess they're milking it for wave 9-10, in which case auto thruster will also be in a seasonal kit.

TIE Adv. Prototype is the only one with boost and its upgrades are Deadeye, Homing Missiles, XX-23 S-Thread Tracers, Guidance Chimps, and TIE/v1.

Poopy Palpy fucked around with this message at 17:47 on Feb 2, 2016

hoiyes
May 17, 2007
I think Deadeye on the TAP might actually win the prize for most useless upgrade/ship combo.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:
Can't check right now but does the inquistors ability say primary only? If not, r3 procket strike anyone?

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

bunnyofdoom posted:

Can't check right now but does the inquistors ability say primary only? If not, r3 procket strike anyone?
Primary only.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!

hoiyes posted:

I think Deadeye on the TAP might actually win the prize for most useless upgrade/ship combo.

Given that the TAP really doesn't want that much to use missiles at all, both Chimps and Deadeye are pretty lovely on it. It's a nice ship, but it really, really want Juke to be included in the pack, and the fact that Juke is only in the f/o and only one copy at that is really annoying.

I do not want more f/os just to get copies of Juke. Nosir.

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

I have three copies of Juke :q:

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

Tekopo posted:

I have three copies of Juke :q:

Yeah that's about how many I might want.

But not til the Summer, I'm not playing my Vessery and and the TAP dancers list until Imp Vets drops, or at least until I know how much the elite TAP generic costs.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Oh, Juke being in the /FO is why it's been sold out at nova stores for a while. I still don't have one, even though I probably should. Is juke or crack shot better on point-filler A-wings? I'd take crack on a couple Z's but at that point I might as well get a better ship.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

Chill la Chill posted:

Oh, Juke being in the /FO is why it's been sold out at nova stores for a while. I still don't have one, even though I probably should. Is juke or crack shot better on point-filler A-wings? I'd take crack on a couple Z's but at that point I might as well get a better ship.

Juke, for my money. Juke gets you offensive and defensive mods in a single action - and it's reusable. But that's tempered by the fact that you lose it if you have to spend the evade, so it's not as good for swarms as it is for aces due to pilot skill and shooting last.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

Chill la Chill posted:

Why not both? It's an a-wing!

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

I actually have a Starviper and no copies of Autothrusters because I play Scum, my boyfriend plays Imperial, and he bought it just for the Autothrusters.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

bunnyofdoom posted:

Why not both? It's an a-wing!

With both it becomes harder to argue why you wouldn't take a stress bot Y instead. A throwaway A is mostly meant for blocks anyway. The juke/crack question is for the couple extra points you might have.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW

Chill la Chill posted:

With both it becomes harder to argue why you wouldn't take a stress bot Y instead. A throwaway A is mostly meant for blocks anyway. The juke/crack question is for the couple extra points you might have.

Juke/Crackshot on a Green is 20 points. You could theoretically put a stressbot on a Y-wing for that, but you'd get exactly one shot with a lovely Y-wing primary.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Yeah I would try a lot harder to get those 4 points more for the stress Y.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Strobe posted:

Tonight, flew Blues Brothers both with Blue Ace and as just four Novices with Astros and Integrated.

Holy poo poo, it's tough. 20 health on four T-65s isn't a lot to punch through. 28 health on four T-70s is a shitload to punch through, especially with boost and two green dice. I went 2-2 tonight, and one of the losses was flat out my fault for flying poorly to end the game (a one health Kath survived on the other side, and I bumped to deny myself a shot on one of my last two moves). The other loss was to an absolutely infuriating double ion hog list that I would always (always) dodge the normal shot and get hit by the ion by one result. The wins were against a 4A list that the resident best player was flying that I destroyed without even taking hull damage, and the same double ion hog list by the skin of my teeth. I think Y-wings with ion cannons are uniquely the single hardest thing to tackle with this list. I have absolutely no qualms about dueling 4x TLT, but ion hogs just gently caress with it hard.

I like it, though. This will definitely see more play.

I only have three T-70s and two Integrated Astros at that; what about replacing the fourth T-70 with a K-wing? Leaves two spare points for either initiative or some kind of upgrade on the K. Gives you two extra hit points except that nine of them are on a one evade die ship.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
I don't have a K-wing and have no experience flying them so I can't speak to it in the slightest.

General Battuta
Feb 7, 2011

This is how you communicate with a fellow intelligence: you hurt it, you keep on hurting it, until you can distinguish the posts from the screams.
I got arc-dodged by a K-Wing last night, they really can SLAM circles around you.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

General Battuta posted:

I got arc-dodged by a K-Wing last night, they really can SLAM circles around you.

They have a 2 dice primary turret which isn't amazing but can have its uses. If the opponent decides to try and hit the K-wing first, you can SLAM to try and dodge while the T-70s go to town. If they go for the wangs then I guess you do your best to get at range one with the K.

Devlan Mud
Apr 10, 2006

I'll hear your stories when we come back, alright?
Spring Tournament Kit for X-Wing

IG-88C, Ion Tokens, Veteran Instincts. Was talking to Panzeh yesterday and predicted the VI. Kinda glad the IG-88 is one that I don't use, means my two pilot cards will still be the same style.

Edit: Fingers crossed for Howlrunner (:swoon:) alt-art at Regionals...

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

COuldn't give a gently caress about alt-art IG88, can't ever see using it, and I meh the acrylic tokens pretty thoroughly, but the rest is nice. Those coins in particular are lovely, someone from my club won one at the store champ this weekend and they are huge, probably an inch and a half in diameter and nearly half a centimetre thick, and made I think of solid steel. Weight a tonne. I want one.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
Oh thank god. Now I don't have to buy Falcons to actually use VI. This is awesome.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

Yeah, AA VI is the big winner here. Too bad it depicts a FEMALE as a veteran combat pilot. You just know this is part of the SJW agenda.

Farrrrt

Devlan Mud
Apr 10, 2006

Veteran Instincts art is a Mary Sue,

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Devlan Mud posted:

Don't get me started on all the plot holes in this tabletop game. Plus it's just a rehash of the films and books, trying to coast in on our goodwill, instead of using new characters and stuff.

Alternate Art IG's are a great way to get the hooks into Brobot players. Gotta catch 'em all!

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord
IG88 is my favourite of those bounty hunters but it also has probably the stupidest EU backstory of all of them

kingcom
Jun 23, 2012

Devlan Mud posted:

:vince:

Improbable Lobster posted:

IG88 is my favourite of those bounty hunters but it also has probably the stupidest EU backstory of all of them

Did he fall in the saarlac pit like 8 times too?

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

kingcom posted:

:vince:

Did he fall in the saarlac pit like 8 times too?

No but he did take over the Deathstar 2 right before it exploded.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Didn't he troll the Emperor with malfunctioning doors and air conditioning when he did so?

kingcom
Jun 23, 2012

Improbable Lobster posted:

No but he did take over the Deathstar 2 right before it exploded.

Otisburg posted:

Didn't he troll the Emperor with malfunctioning doors and air conditioning when he did so?

This is Ice-cream man levels of gently caress the EU

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

quote:

The remaining IG-88 uploaded his consciousness into a computer core destined for Death Star II. He succeeded in being uploaded, and was preparing to activate his program to take over all droids in the galaxy when it was destroyed. With his consciousness in the Death Star II, he would literally become the Death Star.[1]

Emperor Palpatine was the only known person on the Death Star to suspect something was wrong after the uploading of the computer core with IG-88 inside. Before the station's destruction, he noticed a series of doors in his throne room opening and closing sporadically. IG-88 did this to show the Emperor that he was not all powerful. However, IG-88 was utterly baffled when it appeared that Emperor Palpatine used some unseen force to attempt to push the doors open. However, IG-88 exerted more force and was able to continue to keep the Emperor locked in, until he grew tired of the game and unlocked the door.[1]
Lando Calrissian and Wedge Antilles ended up destroying the core, destroying both the Death Star, and the A.I. of IG-88 as well.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

I read the Bounty Hunter book when I was younger and Palpatine used the Force to slam open a door that IG was holding closed, not whatever this garbage is. :colbert:

Devlan Mud
Apr 10, 2006

IG-88 was also able to trick Darth Vader into thinking robot factory world totally hadn't been taken over by four KILL ALL HUMANS Bending Units, and was happily producing probe droids to be shot at rebel bases.

Also Dengar married a slave girl and Boba Fett was his best man. And Boba Fett and Han Solo had a collective "we're getting too old for this poo poo" moment.

God that anthology was awful.

Endman
May 18, 2010

That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even anime may die

That Veteran Instincts card is awesome! Too bad Miranda doesn't have an EPT or that art would be my headcanon for her. :(

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Devlan Mud posted:

Also Dengar married a slave girl and Boba Fett was his best man. And Boba Fett and Han Solo had a collective "we're getting too old for this poo poo" moment.

I remember an EU story where Jabba sent "Slave Leia" up to Fett's room and he didn't act on the offer chiefly, because sex outside of wedlock is bad. I swear this is a real thing that I'm not making up.

What I'm saying here is that Disney did nothing wrong and you can still enjoy your stories about weirdo sex slavery, body horror monsters from beyond the stars, and succession struggles among three-eyed mutants as "Legends" tales.

Endman
May 18, 2010

That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even anime may die

Otisburg posted:

I remember an EU story where Jabba sent "Slave Leia" up to Fett's room and he didn't act on the offer chiefly, because sex outside of wedlock is bad. I swear this is a real thing that I'm not making up.

What I'm saying here is that Disney did nothing wrong and you can still enjoy your stories about weirdo sex slavery, body horror monsters from beyond the stars, and succession struggles among three-eyed mutants as "Legends" tales.

I agree. Most of the EU was total garbage, and I'm more than willing to sacrifice the good bits to see that horrible mess thrown into the void of non-canon.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I still have the 1997 Star wars Enclyopedia full of stupid poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"
I really hope FFG releases pilot cards for Wraith Squadron.

• Locked thread