Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
which sister is best
This poll is closed.
sakura 11 6.96%
hinoka 21 13.29%
camilla 42 26.58%
elise 15 9.49%
im gay (in a nonironic sense) 69 43.67%
Total: 158 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

:yikes:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

I'm gonna do the bare minimum of schoolwork possible tonight, finish the KS demo, and then maybe watch the first two eps of osomatsu

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet

Reds posted:

Just because the fanbase is a atrocious black hole of everything wrong with fanbases and Tumblr in general doesn't mean the comic itself isn't good.

I actually used to work with someone really into Homestuck. She was a very pleasant person. The comic itself just doesn't look like my bag.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h_jJDEiRW8U

Dancin iMiku.

Yaoi Gagarin
Feb 20, 2014

Davincie posted:

theres entire wiki pages for nameless cousins of minor characters who appeared in a single photo

but enough about star wars

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

i dunno if i'd really call it a comic considering the word to picture ratio. plus there's a ton of multimedia bits to it

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
I use comic as a blanket term because I am lazy and don't care enough

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

NotALizardman posted:

Well my house just lost power. Rip

are you also about to get blown away? this wind is crazy.

Reds
Jun 15, 2015

I sense someone talking about... GUNDAM!

dogsicle posted:

i dunno if i'd really call it a comic considering the word to picture ratio. plus there's a ton of multimedia bits to it

It's sort of its own thing. Lots of single panels that are often animated, really long converations, and lots of flashes that vary from interactive bits early on to fight scenes to huge animations to big RPG-styled walkarounds.

I like it and think it's quite good but if you don't that's fine. I would recommend trying it out if you have any interest in it, which I don't think people do these days thanks to being automatically repulsed by the fanbase. Read Problem Sleuth first though if you do. Takes a while to get going though, I didn't like HS until the third act the first time I tried to read it. Ended up dropping it and not coming back to it for months. That's about as much as I want to say about it. Despite my general opinion that you shouldn't judge something by its fanbase, its awful reputation makes me kind of not want to talk about it. Which is a shame because I like it quite a lot.

In anime news, is Haruchika any decent? All I know about it is that it's flopping like a pancake sales-wise.

Reds fucked around with this message at 03:32 on Feb 3, 2016

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Dangerous Person posted:

I use comic as a blanket term because I am lazy and don't care enough

that's cool, i meant more in a sense of what to expect. the story is like 80% textual

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Reds posted:

It's sort of its own thing.

I like it and think it's quite good but if you don't that's fine. I would recommend trying it out if you have any interest in it, which I don't think people do these days thanks to being automatically repulsed by the fanbase. Read Problem Sleuth first though if you do. Takes a while to get going though, I didn't like HS until the third act the first time I tried to read it. Ended up dropping it and not coming back to it for months. That's about as much as I want to say about it.

In anime news, is Haruchika any decent? All I know about it is that it's flopping like a pancake sales-wise.

HaruChika is good and cute.

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

HaruChika is good and cute.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
It deals with subtle and engaging themes such as "why do American people order pizza on Christmas" and "why is love such a chaotic battlefield" to really get your brain working in overdrive.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Knorth, my man, post the gifs to show Reds how cute and good the show is.

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Goddamn, Virgo Shaka is so loving cool.

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

my xmas stuff never comes down before spring cleaning...

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet

"why do American people order pizza on Christmas"

I think they mean jews and chinese food on christmas

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I haven't seen a Christmas tree in years.

Like, at least 5 to 6 years. Maybe longer.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Dangerous Person posted:

I think they mean jews and chinese food on christmas

Nah, in HaruChika the black dad and the white mom had chicken but they also ordered pizza.

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
Also, the only thing I've ever heard about Homestuck is that the fans are awful... like that's it. Just people complaining about the other people who like the thing, never even seen these terrible fans, just heard that they should avoided. Seems really lame.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Reds posted:

there's a small group here watching and enjoying it, i think it has a thread now too. so far it has just been some one-off but interesting mysteries as they introduce characters. episode 4 really raised the bar imo, having a good balance between the leads and an interesting mystery/twist that was more about existing characters than introducing a character and their problems.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

dogsicle posted:

there's a small group here watching and enjoying it, i think it has a thread now too. so far it has just been some one-off but interesting mysteries as they introduce characters. episode 4 really raised the bar imo, having a good balance between the leads and an interesting mystery/twist that was more about existing characters than introducing a character and their problems.

They literally introduced three new characters.

It was a good episode though.

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

Space Flower posted:

my xmas stuff never comes down before spring cleaning...

i like the cute christmas star

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

They literally introduced three new characters.

It was a good episode though.

the landlord people that probably won't actually be part of the show going forward?

e: i will count Haru's sister as new, but her showing up did a lot more for his character than anything else

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Holy poo poo Tales of Zesty is on sale and I'm also buying the new Digimon game.

Anime games... are good.

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

digimon is cool but the protagonist does this thing where if anyone else is around they speak solely in ellipses and punctuation and i hattteeeee it

which is bad enough, but when they're alone they talk like a normal person!

why would you choose to do this? it's not even like some in universe thing where the protag's shy, we're just not privy to what they're saying for some reason

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

dogsicle posted:

the landlord people that probably won't actually be part of the show going forward?

But what if...

Generic glasses dude and pregnant women playing the banjo and the trombone.

Can you imagine.

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

pretend i was telling you about digimon and how i like it instead of grousing about semi-silent protagonists

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Lmao at dickeye trying to sell a terrible sounding comic and just making it sound worse and worse over time.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Holy poo poo, I can buy Tales of Xillia 2, Tales of Zesty, and Digmon Story.

And P4A Ultimax is a PS Plus game.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Can somebody quote all those posts again, for me.

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord

Knorth, my man, post the gifs to show Reds how cute and good the show is.

Allarion posted:

Some fun gifs:

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

mostly it was nice to haveva short break from "i'm a talented musician but before i join you have to take care of my emotional baggage" which is just a bit silly as an episodic premise. :cheeky:

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Davincie posted:

i looked up the wizard schools and europe has like 4 of them (depending if you count russia) and then the other continents have like a single school

Do the Americas even have one?

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

I don't see Narushima-san, Knorth.

Reds
Jun 15, 2015

I sense someone talking about... GUNDAM!

Knorth posted:

Also, the only thing I've ever heard about Homestuck is that the fans are awful... like that's it. Just people complaining about the other people who like the thing, never even seen these terrible fans, just heard that they should avoided. Seems really lame.

I despise it when a fanbase becomes bad enough that people talk about the fanbase being bad first and the game/show/whatever becomes an afterthought of "oh i guess it must be bad because the fanbase is bad."

Never judge something by its fanbase, decide whether it sucks or not for yourself. If the fans suck, just ignore them, it's not hard.

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord

I don't see Narushima-san, Knorth.

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

Holy poo poo, I can buy Tales of Xillia 2, Tales of Zesty, and Digmon Story.

And P4A Ultimax is a PS Plus game.

do it!

but Xillia 2 isn't a PS4 game?

e: oh you must also have a PS3 if you're talking about P4AU

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
Homestuck has worse exposition fatigue than an Erikson book but there was some cool stuff with a rapidly evolving chessboard and nice fan art.
Plus something the guy has done probably counts as a first in using the multimedia format for comics

• Locked thread