Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

theultimo
Aug 2, 2004

An RSS feed bot who makes questionable purchasing decisions.
Pillbug
My name is JUDDDDGE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OMG JC a Bomb!
Jul 13, 2004

We are the Invisible Spatula. We are the Grilluminati. We eat before and after dinner. We eat forever. And eventually... eventually we will lead them into the dining room.

Casimir Radon posted:

So apparently Fry's parents called him yesterday and said they were proud of him. I didn't actually hear the call but these people sound like idiots. It's one thing if you can't really control your dickhead late-20's son, but some mild condemnation at least would be good.

He's finally out of the house, and once he goes to prison he'll be out even longer. It's no wonder they're so happy.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

Entropic posted:

I'm guessing the locals pronounce "Malheur" to rhyme with "baller", right?
North America is full of French-named stuff that the locals have changed the pronunciation of so badly that you'd never know it was a originally French.
There's a town in Saskatchewan called "Bienfait" ("bien fait" being French for "well done") that the denizens pronounce "bean fate" for some ungodly reason.

no they say it correctly, Cliven's the one who misspelled it in his own take over letter

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

OMG JC a Bomb! posted:

He's finally out of the house, and once he goes to prison he'll be out even longer. It's no wonder they're so happy.
Sure there's the looming threat of prison rape, but I'm sure Fry's practiced response to percieved injustice will work just as well with the real thing.

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
I've said it a bunch but Kevin is a pretty cool "patriot", all things considered.

First he said that he does in fact wish harm upon the idiots inside, as long as it's them offing themselves so an officer doesn't have their killings on his or her conscience. Then I asked him about Cliven's letter opening him up to RICO charges and he said he hopes not because it's borderline free speech as he doesn't directly call for crimes to be committed outside of asking them to continue the occupation.

I still don't know how he thinks other than the fact that he has a Libertarian bent, but at least the dude is reasonable and can hold a coherent conversation with people who disagree with him. This thread was incredibly lucky NTA exists, because that's a perfect hub for us to do poo poo and he gives us freedom of operation.

I'll probably end up staying subscribed to him after this all ends :iiam:

e- hahahahaha, his dog won't stop barking....

"Well, the dog won't stop barking, so I'll be..."

*racks handgun*

"...right back"

Seizure Meat has issued a correction as of 22:38 on Feb 2, 2016

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
David's dad went on record saying he wouldn't be surprised if his son committed suicide by cop. So it's not surprising that what might be their last phone call didn't end with, "You're a huge disappointment just god drat you are a loving embarrassment."

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
Thanks to whoever found this video of Kevin going nuts on Pete Santilli a year ago and posted it in the YouTube chat

Fiend
Dec 2, 2001
Any Goon Patriots out there know if we can get them some supplies in case they run low on gummi bears and dildos?

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum

cumshitter posted:

David's dad went on record saying he wouldn't be surprised if his son committed suicide by cop. So it's not surprising that what might be their last phone call didn't end with, "You're a huge disappointment just god drat you are a loving embarrassment."

The background stuff on Fry which was linked earlier in the thread also said David hadn't spoken to his father in years. When poo poo went down last week, it was another relative who was pasting on David's Facebook page telling him now wasn't the time to take a "do or die" stand.

So yeah, it's not surprising at all that they're treading gently.

OMG JC a Bomb!
Jul 13, 2004

We are the Invisible Spatula. We are the Grilluminati. We eat before and after dinner. We eat forever. And eventually... eventually we will lead them into the dining room.
I kind of identify with Kevin in that I have strong political beliefs but can only watch in dismay as psychos and self-obsessed profiteers scream their way into the spotlight as the Annointed Delegates of my political beliefs.

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe

OMG JC a Bomb! posted:

I kind of identify with Kevin in that I have strong political beliefs but can only watch in dismay as psychos and self-obsessed profiteers scream their way into the spotlight as the Annointed Delegates of my political beliefs.

I do too. I'm probably a bit more to the right than posters here, but holy gently caress I'm not a Republican. He has the same nihilistic views I have on some stuff, I'm just worried that if the BLM protests start back up and Kevin covers them, we are gonna find out that he's a horrible racist or some poo poo.

For now, though, he seems like the ever-rare rational Libertarian, so I can't really hate him until we see stuff outside of this incident.

Professor of Cats
Mar 22, 2009

LOL goddamn

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
The FBI cut off the power and water, but joke's on them. The Bundy Bunch found a naturally occurring hot spring.

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

Ivor Biggun posted:

William Tell probably never existed so he's a good example for sovereign citizens to aspire to.

yourr thinking of robin hood. William tell totally existed. if he didnt then who shot those dudes and invented little hats with feathers in them?

Lolie posted:

The background stuff on Fry which was linked earlier in the thread also said David hadn't spoken to his father in years. When poo poo went down last week, it was another relative who was pasting on David's Facebook page telling him now wasn't the time to take a "do or die" stand.

So yeah, it's not surprising at all that they're treading gently.

an article had them talking just before fry went to the refuge. his parents were going on vacation to some place and his dad tried to talk him down, badly and unsuccessfully. his dad sounds normal only by comparison tbh, says he always told his son "ballots over bullets". its not surprising when a child takes something their parent to heart. his dad probably never shuts up about tyranny

bellows lugosi
Aug 9, 2003

Entropic posted:

North America is full of French-named stuff that the locals have changed the pronunciation of so badly that you'd never know it was a originally French.
There's a town in Saskatchewan called "Bienfait" ("bien fait" being French for "well done") that the denizens pronounce "bean fate" for some ungodly reason.

they pronounce it closer to the French pronunciation, no one says "maller" or anything that rhymes with baller. mäl-heur?

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

no they say it correctly, Cliven's the one who misspelled it in his own take over letter

This sounds like a great time to use sovcit tactics against them.

Are the signs for the place in all caps?

Mercury_Storm
Jun 12, 2003

*chomp chomp chomp*

http://youtubedoubler.com/?video1=h...&authorName=WOW

Dr. Fraiser Chain
May 18, 2004

Redlining my shit posting machine

Fry is one of those guys who will do anything you tell him not to do. Parents trying some sick reverse psychology on him.

Economic sanctions on Cliven Bundy please. Freeze any of his assets held in banks, and prevent sale of his beef on the open market.

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
lol we got a handful of Lavoy supporters in the NTA chat, c'mon in and rile em up!

The Fuzzy Hulk
Nov 22, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT CROSSING THE STREAMS

Goodpancakes posted:

Fry is one of those guys who will do anything you tell him not to do. Parents trying some sick reverse psychology on him.

Economic sanctions on Cliven Bundy please. Freeze any of his assets held in banks, and prevent sale of his beef on the open market.

Take his beef and give it away to people who buy new sets of tires.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

The Fuzzy Hulk posted:

Take his beef and give it away to people who buy new sets of tires.
Buy a tarp, get a steak.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Civil Forfeiture of Bundy's cows would be so delicious I'd pay kobe beef prices.

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

Man, play Big Black, Songs About loving or Unsane Blood Run.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Bring back medieval outlawry just for Bundy.

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
Comparing the BLM movement to the Patriot movement is loving great to get racists riled up.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

in the live stream someone claiming they're a disabled veteran is upset they're not getting enough of a pension from the evil federal government to fight the evil federal government.

seriously how many of these people are on the dole in one form or another?

theultimo
Aug 2, 2004

An RSS feed bot who makes questionable purchasing decisions.
Pillbug

Otisburg posted:

in the live stream someone claiming they're a disabled veteran is upset they're not getting enough of a pension from the evil federal government to fight the evil federal government.

seriously how many of these people are on the dole in one form or another?

In veterans affairs terms pension = Welfare

Dollar for dollar up to 1072 a month, cannot go higher

So he's pissed because the govt won't give him more even though he's on social security prob for 800 and pension is 200 or so prob, its common

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks
The frequent references to both the Bureau of Land Management and the Black Lives Matter movement in abbreviated forms make this thread occasionally confusing.

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe

Entropic posted:

The frequent references to both the Bureau of Land Management and the Black Lives Matter movement in abbreviated forms make this thread occasionally confusing.

yeah it kinda is, I'll keep that in mind. I meant Black Lives Matter in my previous post

another dude in the stream was praising capitalism and bootstraps, right up until I pointed out that Lavoy didn't bootstrap enough money to foster all those kids, and took $115,000 a year in government welfare to do it

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

VikingSkull posted:

yeah it kinda is, I'll keep that in mind. I meant Black Lives Matter in my previous post

another dude in the stream was praising capitalism and bootstraps, right up until I pointed out that Lavoy didn't bootstrap enough money to foster all those kids, and took $115,000 a year in government welfare to do it

Kids don't cost that much money if you do it on the cheap, but he was probably saving for cars and college for them.

Fiend
Dec 2, 2001

VikingSkull posted:

Now who's going to teach them the art of the cross draw?

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
I wish I never got myself banned from the Watchman News chat.

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe

Darth123123 posted:

Kids don't cost that much money if you do it on the cheap, but he was probably saving for cars and college for them.

or he was using the kids as free labor on his ranch, and he spent the money on guns and self-publishing apocalyptic fan fiction, one or the other

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

VikingSkull posted:

Skinny Puppy would rule but the best psyops band to use against guys like this is Slayer I'd bet

or maybe King Diamond https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xGC2iP5ss6E

It might be melodic but I'd imagine they'd hate satanic themed anything

Big Black.

Wait that is what I hope they use for psyops against me.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wWt7dxQLBqc

SweetWillyRollbar posted:

Man, play Big Black, Songs About loving or Unsane Blood Run.
Atomizer.

Bilirubin has issued a correction as of 04:01 on Feb 3, 2016

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Bilirubin posted:

Big Black.

Wait that is what I hope they use for psyops against me.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wWt7dxQLBqc

I'm ok with Big Black because they used a drum machine and I don't have to hear Albini's drum room mics delayed about 30ms. To have to hear that for a few hours would make me go loving nuts. (sorry, i'm drunk)

That Robot
Sep 16, 2004

ask me anything about robots
Buglord

No. 6 posted:

You want someone gone? Play this track on loop.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NPlhcpSZ8YI

the conet project can do some good damage too: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wg3dsOdRAPE

That Robot
Sep 16, 2004

ask me anything about robots
Buglord

staberind posted:

NTA Mibbit if you are sick of youtube

so what is the NTA room? i got banned for two hours after coming in

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

Entropic posted:

There's a lot of that in the Pacific NW. I grew up close to a town called Gervais that all the locals pronounced "Jer-vus".

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
We got ourselves a new theme song, y'all

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AbbadonOfHell
Jul 16, 2004
You know I would try to think of something funny to put here but ill just pass on that and threaten people with a + 2 board with a nail in it.

:boom: :aaaaa: :aaaaa: :aaaaa: :boom: