Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Reds
Jun 15, 2015

I sense someone talking about... GUNDAM!

Shaezerus posted:

It's big and awkward and why does nobody punch him in the enormous lull it takes for him to do anything with it. I get it's a "Why are you letting them form the robot" complaint but Aran just stands there fiddling with the big dumb blocky eyedropper on his wrist for like twenty seconds, kick him in the teeth Makoto

Because Makoto is also waiting for his incredibly long transformation sequence.

Also because Aran seemed to be powerful enough to stop Specter's in-suit attacks without using Necrom.

It's loving enormous because it has to fit in the Eyecon, a brace that used Gaia Memories or even the Switches would be a lot more compact.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Shaezerus posted:

It's big and awkward and why does nobody punch him in the enormous lull it takes for him to do anything with it. I get it's a "Why are you letting them form the robot" complaint but Aran just stands there fiddling with the big dumb blocky eyedropper on his wrist for like twenty seconds, kick him in the teeth Makoto

Even if they tried they'd just miss anyways, since Aran/Necrom is kind of broken by virtue of not having a physical body.

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax

Shaezerus posted:

Specifically in episode 16, Makoto has no clue if Aran is going to whip out Hokuto Shinken on him and send him back to the Ganma world, where he does not want to be while he fiddles with his brace. He already knows that Aran is very strong and has no idea what the extent of his new powers are. Dude looks ultra intimidating and he was already kicking Makoto's rear end prior to using eyecons.

Also yeah, it's not like Aran has a physical body anyways, so what would be the point in attacking him during brace henshins? They aren't going to be able to inflict actual damage him until Takeru gets his eventual mid-season upgrade.

Cough Drop The Beat fucked around with this message at 20:17 on Feb 2, 2016

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

Killer Queen posted:

Specifically in episode 16, Makoto has no clue if Aran is going to whip out Hokuto Shinken on him and send him back to the Ganma world, where he does not want to be while he fiddles with his brace. He already knows that Aran is very strong and has no idea what the extent of his new powers are. Dude looks ultra intimidating and he was already kicking Makoto's rear end prior to using eyecons.

Also yeah, it's not like Aran has a physical body anyways, so what would be the point in attacking him during brace henshins? They aren't going to be able to inflict actual damage him until Takeru gets his eventual mid-season upgrade.

Have we seen Takeru's Final Form yet? I bet it's gonna be another one of those Rainbow Forms where he has all 15 Eyecons socketed into various parts of his body, plus Ore Eyecon and <Rainbow Form> Eyecon mounted into the Sunglasses Sword.

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax

deadly_pudding posted:

Have we seen Takeru's Final Form yet? I bet it's gonna be another one of those Rainbow Forms where he has all 15 Eyecons socketed into various parts of his body, plus Ore Eyecon and <Rainbow Form> Eyecon mounted into the Sunglasses Sword.

Takeru's mid-season upgrade will be Grateful Soul, a powerful form combining the powers of all 15 eyecons accessed by the new Eyecon Driver G, which he likely gets from befriending all of the heroes, but who knows for a final form. Maybe he'll get the Hero of Heroes Eyecon (which is, of course, based on Takeru himself) to rival the big bad king of hell's fearsome spooky powers.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
Aran not having a physical body probably doesn't matter when everyone has ghost powers.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Serious Frolicking posted:

Aran not having a physical body probably doesn't matter when everyone has ghost powers.

he can literally make a new one when he's destroyed, i think that's a little bit better than just Ghost Hoodie Magic

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax

Serious Frolicking posted:

That's not the point. Aran can instantly create a new body for himself. Takeru has no problem blowing Aran to bits, but none of that matters if he regenerates in seconds. Which will likely be solved by Ghost's mid-season upgrade or another plot device, so dude's gonna be pretty much invincible for now.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

Killer Queen posted:

That's not the point. Aran can instantly create a new body for himself. Takeru has no problem blowing Aran to bits, but none of that matters if he regenerates in seconds. Which will likely be solved by Ghost's mid-season upgrade or another plot device, so dude's gonna be pretty much invincible for now.

"Hi again, 15 Souls sky eyeball. I bet you think I'm gonna wish to come back to life, but instead I wish to be able to kick Aran so hard that he explodes.

Uh, and stays that way."

Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

2; Become better at playing Tabletop, both as a player and as a GM/ST/W/E

3; Get rid of this goddamn avatar.
yeah Aran seems to be able to turn into some kind of Ectoplasm or something? And swap his body with a Ganma in an instant? It's not particularly clear. He has a huge 'suite' of defensive powers that seem to make him nigh-invulnerable right now; he's very clearly a threat that can't really be defeated right now, the same was that Makoto kind of was for awhile. This is presumably why he seems to have a 'time limit' where his suit runs out of juice; there'd be nothing stopping him from steamrolling Makoto and Takeru except for his battery issues.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
The eye piece on Necrom's suit sorta bugs me, but it looks a lot better with the hood up. Grimm looks good too with the square piece and the hood.

Takeru's next eyecon looks neat too, mostly because it matches the Boost suit.

V-Men
Aug 15, 2001

Don't it make your dick bust concrete to be in the same room with two noble, selfless public servants.
Haha, Zyuohger's megazord is a minecraft megazord?! Awesome

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway

V-Men posted:

Haha, Zyuohger's megazord is a minecraft megazord?! Awesome

they literally live in minecraft + animal crossing world.
Not only is everyone an animal in zyuland but all the rocks and stuff are cubes too.

Plus they're not even hiding the video game connection.
The bad guys are gamers trying to get high scores in causing pain and distress, and they grow the defeated monster of the week by literally giving them "continue medals".

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

Acne Rain posted:

they literally live in minecraft + animal crossing world.
Not only is everyone an animal in zyuland but all the rocks and stuff are cubes too.

Plus they're not even hiding the video game connection.
The bad guys are gamers trying to get high scores in causing pain and distress, and they grow the defeated monster of the week by literally giving them "continue medals".

The SJW power rangers who battle against Space Gamergate have my full support :911:

edit: I also like how the Continue Medals imply that the villain commanders are operating under a f2p microtransaction model

deadly_pudding fucked around with this message at 02:14 on Feb 3, 2016

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

http://www.avclub.com/article/elizabeth-banks-play-rita-repulsa-power-rangers-mo-231628

Huh.

I didn't realize this movie was still a thing.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

Didja miss all the casting announcements for the team itself over the last couple months?

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Yes, actually. :v:

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum
I've been honestly surprised at how much press the movie has been getting. I was just sorta expecting it to be poo poo out in theaters with cursory fanfare

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Hopefully that means it'll be at least decent and that Saban is going to put actual effort into it?

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Dexie posted:

Hopefully that means it'll be at least decent and that Saban is going to put actual effort into it?

Well, Lionsgate is doing it.

So we'll see!

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
The casting sides with Jason yelling "Bullshit!" at Zack still got me expecting nothing good
http://www.morphinlegacy.com/2015/08/mighty-morphin-reboot-casting-sides-found.html

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Casting sides usually don't reflect the actual script as to prevent auditioners from leaking plot details.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

I still assume the general tone would be similar since they're looking for certain emotions to be acted out, but if it actually reflects very little to the actual script and I just don't know poo poo about casting stuff then that's great, I hope this movie ends up good.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
Toku Thread V3: PR, please be good.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
If that tone is on point, but the plot I heard about is true, then this is going to be a mess of a movie.

We'll see if it's good or not I guess.

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe

Poison Mushroom posted:

Toku Thread V3: PR, please be good.

why would it be good? it never was.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

I hope it's good if only to set up the Saban's Saban Cinematic Universe with Masked Rider, Big Bad Beetleborg, VR Troopers and Mystic Knights of Tir Na Nog.

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe
and tmnt the next mutation. but for real i would watch a beetleborg movie

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

Elfgames posted:

and tmnt the next mutation. but for real i would watch a beetleborg movie

I was about to chime in with "Jack Black as Flabber", but then I thought... what if Jack Black plays Karl Ziktor in a VR Troopers movie, instead? Just a completely hammy cartoonishly amoral capitalist who does like bombastic little white guy touchdown dances when the Troopers get into some kinda trouble halfway through the movie. I think Jack Black could do a really good parody of Leonardo DiCaprio's character in Wolf of Wall Street, who then transforms into Grimlord for a final showdown near the end of the movie.

Looking forward to when all the dumb poo poo I loved in the 90s gets cinematic universes. I'm looking at you, Mummies Alive.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Street Sharks starring Vin Diesel

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe

deadly_pudding posted:

I was about to chime in with "Jack Black as Flabber", but then I thought... what if Jack Black plays Karl Ziktor in a VR Troopers movie, instead? Just a completely hammy cartoonishly amoral capitalist who does like bombastic little white guy touchdown dances when the Troopers get into some kinda trouble halfway through the movie. I think Jack Black could do a really good parody of Leonardo DiCaprio's character in Wolf of Wall Street, who then transforms into Grimlord for a final showdown near the end of the movie.

Looking forward to when all the dumb poo poo I loved in the 90s gets cinematic universes. I'm looking at you, Mummies Alive.

I could never get into VR troopers so uhh i dunno but jack black as flabber would be good

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

The time is ripe for

MASKED

RIDER

FortMax
Mar 22, 2013

The Bunny Hat
Flashman 07

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe

Waffleman_ posted:

The time is ripe for

MASKED

RIDER

kamen rider is now the brand name in america too

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
generally they only do nostalgia cash-ins for shows people actually liked.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Apparently Masked Rider did fairly well in syndication.

Some how despite being total poo poo.

As that was the last Kamen Rider series to adapt until 2000, they didn't really have a choice in the matter.

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Masked_Rider_(TV_series)

seriously this poo poo is awful like drat.

edit: looking over dragon knight it at least seems like it could be enjoyable

Elfgames fucked around with this message at 09:02 on Feb 4, 2016

GuyUpNorth
Apr 29, 2014

Witty phrases on random basis
I hear Dragon Knight was pretty great as Ryuki adaptation, it was just screwed over by underadvertisement and possibly timeslots. But aforementioned "adaptation" of Black RX was supposedly #1 reason they went with Kamen Rider.

gourdcaptain
Nov 16, 2012

Elfgames posted:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Masked_Rider_(TV_series)

seriously this poo poo is awful like drat.

edit: looking over dragon knight it at least seems like it could be enjoyable

Dragon Knight, having seen it, is a bunch of enthusiastic amateurs who really only l don't quite know what they're doing trying their hardest and sometimes succeeding in sheer passion. Just get used to interminable "previously on" segments, bizarre spinning camera work during exposition scenes that's become an inside joke with my toku viewing friends, and some really bad comedic relief. (A lot of the series became more impressive when I found out they did it on half the power l per episode budget of a Power Rangers episode of the time, and with only two and a half days to film for each episode.)

On the plus side, they managed to get a bunch of their fight scenes and effects to look better than the Ryuki ones. Although, even as someone who's favorite Rider series is Ryuki, that's not the highest bar to clear. It's watchable and I found it entertaining in a very cheesy way, but Dragon Knight is rather flawed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

V-Men
Aug 15, 2001

Don't it make your dick bust concrete to be in the same room with two noble, selfless public servants.

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

I hope it's good if only to set up the Saban's Saban Cinematic Universe with Masked Rider, Big Bad Beetleborg, VR Troopers and Mystic Knights of Tir Na Nog.

Followed by a Kickstarter for Superhuman Samurai Cyber Squad.

• Locked thread