Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Of all the people who've claimed to interact with Sandi Gardiner, there's the open and patient former investor Bootcha and there's the mysterious and cagey Fuzzy Modem.

Hmm, who to believe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Oh, also Beer, whose emails CIG refuses to help verify and who backers and CIG supporters cast aspersions on but who refuse to actually verify their suspicions lest they be proven wrong.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Fuzzy Modem posted:

It's already the best space combat sim I've ever played.

What games are you basing this comparison on specifically? What makes the current playable version of Star Citizen better than them, specifically?

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

T.G. Xarbala posted:

Oh, also Beer, whose emails CIG refuses to help verify and who backers and CIG supporters cast aspersions on but who refuse to actually verify their suspicions lest they be proven wrong.

This thread moves really fast and I'm sure it's been brought up multiple times, but can anyone link those emails? I'm a bit late to the party.

Fuzzy Modem
Sep 3, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

T.G. Xarbala posted:

Of all the people who've claimed to interact with Sandi Gardiner, there's the open and patient former investor Bootcha and there's the mysterious and cagey Fuzzy Modem.

Hmm, who to believe.

Watch TNGS. I'm frequently on camera talking with Sandi.

flyboi
Oct 13, 2005

agg stop posting
College Slice
didn't buy a $300 spaceship jpg but i did buy a $300 controller for my japanese button games. cat unimpressed.

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

Fuzzy Modem posted:

I know exactly how much the game is progressing. I have a Shotgun account. I suppose if I didn't, I might be more skeptical, but then again I'd still be playing the SC alpha more than I play any other game. It's already the best space combat sim I've ever played. I don't really understand why people still lack optimism.

And yes, Sandi is my friend, and I don't like to hear people talk poo poo about my friends, even my friends who are less than perfect people, which is... let's see... yeah, all of them.

if you're gonna quote a post, you should make your post relevant to it

purple monkey dishwasher

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

flyboi posted:

didn't buy a $300 spaceship jpg but i did buy a $300 controller for my japanese button games. cat unimpressed.

this scifi cat is good

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

Fuzzy Modem posted:

I know exactly how much the game is progressing. I have a Shotgun account. I suppose if I didn't, I might be more skeptical, but then again I'd still be playing the SC alpha more than I play any other game. It's already the best space combat sim I've ever played. I don't really understand why people still lack optimism.
It's because people have actually played other space combat sims and therefore have a baseline to compare against. SC is at the very bottom of that spectrum. For starters, it is not a sim…

Oh, and like everyone else, I would like to hear you actually answer the questions you responded to. Can you do that?

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Fuzzy Modem posted:

And yes, Sandi is my friend, and I don't like to hear people talk poo poo about my friends, even my friends who are less than perfect people, which is... let's see... yeah, all of them.

I wouldn't call her rant "less than perfect"

Kramjacks
Jul 5, 2007

Whats Shotgun? Whats TNGS?

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard
Fear of EVE

Fear of EVE II

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Fuzzy Modem posted:

It's already the best space combat sim I've ever played. I don't really understand why people still lack optimism.

:psyduck:

Kakarot
Jul 20, 2013

by zen death robot
Buglord
what does this shotgun account thingy do? Does it let you play the real Star Citizen?

Fuzzy Modem
Sep 3, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Unfunny Poster posted:

What games are you basing this comparison on specifically? What makes the current playable version of Star Citizen better than them, specifically?

WC 3
Freespace
Freespace 2
Starlancer
Freelancer
Independence War 2
X2

Star Citizen's flight model is far superior, to say nothing of its quality in other areas.

Fuzzy Modem fucked around with this message at 05:45 on Feb 3, 2016

Ash1138
Sep 29, 2001

Get up, chief. We're just gettin' started.

Fuzzy Modem posted:

I'd still be playing the SC alpha more than I play any other game. It's already the best space combat sim I've ever played.
haha sure thing, sparky

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

Fuzzy Modem posted:

Watch TNGS. I'm frequently on camera talking with Sandi.

this guy is absolutely the very definition of a citizen. it isn't like he even gets to be a notch above the 'you don't know about game development' / 'you must be derek smart' crowd. he immediately avoids any and all lines of conversation that makes his dissonance uncomfortable. gently caress you you weirdo.

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

Meridian posted:

This thread moves really fast and I'm sure it's been brought up multiple times, but can anyone link those emails? I'm a bit late to the party.

here you go:

http://imgur.com/a/BIlWu

short version is:

b4tbg gets in touch with customer support regarding his mysterious ban

ends up in a long email convo with sandi gardiner, famous actress from hollywood

they talk about this and that

ends up b4tbg got banned for off-site activity

lols ensue

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

my friend is nice to me, no way its possible theyre assholes to others, nope.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I'm the poster doubting the reality of beer's emails

Haskell9
Sep 23, 2008

post it live
The Great Twist

Fuzzy Modem posted:

I used the word "suspect" and stand by it.

Agreed, Sandi directly and overtly verifying something is fishy. Also Gizmo is fuzzy, even after midnight. Can there exist a larger caliber smoking gun?

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

lalalalalalalalala I CANT HEAR U

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

Fuzzy Modem posted:

WC 3
Freespace
Freespace 2
Starlancer
Freelancer
Independence War 2
X2

Star Citizen's flight model is far superior, to say nothing of it's quality in other areas.

if you don't edit that apostrophe out of the word "its" i'll be very cross

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Fuzzy guy is one of my favorite posters in this thread

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

alf_pogs posted:

here you go:

short version is:

ends up in a long email convo with sandi gardiner, famous actress from hollywood

lols ensue

Thank you for that, I appreciate it.

ComfyPants
Mar 20, 2002

Kramjacks posted:

Whats Shotgun?

The thing that's never coming to Star Marine.

Fuzzy Modem
Sep 3, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Kakarot posted:

what does this shotgun account thingy do? Does it let you play the real Star Citizen?

Kramjacks posted:

Whats Shotgun? Whats TNGS?

Shotgun is CIG's development and feedback platform.

TNGS is "The Next Great Starship" a reality TV style contest I participated in a while back, which is when I got to know Sandi and the rest of the team leads, and when I was given access to Shotgun.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Fuzzy Modem posted:

WC 3
Freespace
Freespace 2
Starlancer
Freelancer
Independence War 2
X2

Star Citizen's flight model is far superior, to say nothing of it's quality in other areas.

So no games from this decade. Gotcha.

a whole buncha crows
May 8, 2003

WHEN WE DON'T KNOW WHO TO HATE, WE HATE OURSELVES.-SA USER NATION (AKA ME!)
Fuzzy if you can convince me to support SC I will do it, please take your time

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

alf_pogs posted:

here you go:

short version is:

lols ensue

look at those images and realize people suspect that beer faked them lmfao

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Fuzzy Modem posted:

This answered none of my questions and you sound really smug and patronizing.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Kramjacks posted:

Whats Shotgun?

Some kind of development tracking software.

https://www.shotgunsoftware.com/features-review

Oscar Wilde Bunch
Jun 12, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Google Butt posted:

my friend is nice to me, no way its possible theyre assholes to others, nope.

Once again the geek social fallacy rears its head.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Fuzzy Modem posted:

Shotgun is CIG's development and feedback platform.

TNGS is "The Next Great Starship" a reality TV style contest I participated in a while back, which is when I got to know Sandi and the rest of the team leads, and when I was given access to Shotgun.

:yikes:

Flatulance-a-lot
Jun 3, 2011

lol, yea id hope star citizen has a better flight model than a game launched in 1994

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Fuzzy guy is honestly exactly what this thread needed and I for one am glad of it

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

All Glory unto the Stimpire. Give up your arms and legs and embrace the beautiful agony of electricity that doubles in pain every second.

Shotgun is a word I wasn't planning on associating with SC for another 6 months or so.

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

Fuzzy Modem posted:

WC 3
Freespace
Freespace 2
Starlancer
Freelancer
Independence War 2
X2
So nothing done in the last decade, and including stuff that isn't even space combat sims, and only one of which has any real multiplayer… Right-o.

quote:

SC doesn't have a flight model – it has FPS controls with auto-run. And what other areas are you referring to here where it's better than those fully-featured games?

Tippis fucked around with this message at 05:49 on Feb 3, 2016

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

myschef posted:

lol, yea id hope star citizen has a better flight model than a game launched in 1994

i'd hope so too but i'd be lying if i said it did

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Dusty Lens posted:

Shotgun is a word I wasn't planning on associating with SC for another 6 months or so.

Lol

• Locked thread