Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

quote:

Senator Cruz is a champion for marriage and religious liberty and his victory last night sends a powerful message to the nation’s elite that the American people utterly reject the anti-constitutional, illegitimate ruling of the US Supreme Court redefining marriage. His win should send shockwaves throughout Washington, and provide real momentum for legislation to protect supporters of marriage from retaliation or punishment for standing for the truth of marriage in their daily lives and at work.

NOM is proud to have played a key role in supporting Sen. Cruz and helping him win in Iowa. Now we must turn our attention to New Hampshire, South Carolina and the coming states who will vote before we know it. Electing a marriage champion is critical to the cause of marriage and our ability to restore marriage to our nation’s laws. We will continue to do everything in our power to elect Ted Cruz and to demonstrate to the nation that support for traditional marriage remains strong, an enduring value that the American people demand be restored to our nation’s laws.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SNAKES N CAKES
Sep 6, 2005

DAVID GAIDER
Lead Writer
Here's the full Scott Brown endorsement:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A-Q2kWfbxlY

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

marriage champ

Peel
Dec 3, 2007

It's really easy to become a nominee for the Peace Prize, there have been plenty of gag nominees in the past like Putin or Obama.

Xenophon
Jun 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Grimey Drawer
Donald Trump, on Morning Joe about an hour ago: "I think we could have used a better ground game, a term I wasn't even familiar with. You know, when you hear ground game, you say, what the hell is that? Now I'm familiar with it."

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

Xenophon posted:

Donald Trump, on Morning Joe about an hour ago: "I think we could have used a better ground game, a term I wasn't even familiar with. You know, when you hear ground game, you say, what the hell is that? Now I'm familiar with it."

that's some commander in chief material right there

Boosted_C5
Feb 16, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 5 years!
Grimey Drawer

Zippy the Bummer posted:

So Trump hasn't run any TV ads at all? Only online ones?

I can't speak for IA or NH, but absolutely NOTHING in South Carolina.

I got blasted with Christie ads months ago, then apparently he ran out of money.

All I ever see these days are JEB! and Rubio ads. They're pretty terrible.

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Xenophon posted:

Pfff, ground game? I got second place and I didn't even know what that was. Imagine how badly I would have beat Cruz if I'd actually tried! Wow!

InsanityIsCrazy
Jan 25, 2003

by Lowtax
Trump had to learn the hard way that politics ain't his style of business, no matter how much you talk it up. The thing to wonder is if he's fast enough to adapt and turn the situation around, which I think he stands a more than decent chance.

I don't see him going anywhere until Super Tuesday's over and done.

HUGE PUBES A PLUS
Apr 30, 2005

Mr. Pumroy posted:

that's some commander in chief material right there

"Three yards and a cloud of dust!"

Boosted_C5
Feb 16, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 5 years!
Grimey Drawer

Mitt Romney posted:

I wonder if Cruz's ground game in SC and other states is going to be as good as it was in IA.

What ground game?

He has no ground game here in SC like in IA.

He needed small counties and evangelicals in Iowa. Well, guess what kind of town and county I live in. If I didn't follow politics and just stayed in a bubble here, I would have no idea Ted Cruz existed.

This is why people are a little premature in declaring Trump stumped. IA was a confluence of all the right things happening for the GOP to take him down, and they BARELY did. The remark about Trump performing as expected a month ago is only wrong because a month ago is too long. It's only been 3 weeks since Cruz was at 32% in Iowa polls.

Trump no-showed to the Iowa debate, Iowa was a caucus which is a much more difficult contest for Trump than a primary, Ted Cruz had probably the greatest GOP Iowa ground game in history, demonstrably had the best Iowa data and GOV effort in GOP Iowa history, Iowa is an evangelical & conservative state for the GOP electorate to a much greater extent than in most states, Donald Trump had zero ground game there and a few scattered crazy people as caucus leaders, and Trump did in fact manage to produce record turnout and get his voters out to caucus, racking up the second highest vote total in GOP Iowa caucus history, behind only Ted Cruz;s amazing effort this year.

Ted Cruz may be in a bit better position here in SC than in New Hampshire, but a 16 point deficit is sill pretty big, 3x the deficit he faced in Iowa, and here he will not have the benefit of the caucus format OR of his Iowa ground game. He threw EVERYTHING into Iowa.

His only hope of winning here is for Trump to LOSE New Hampshire. And Trump has a 20 point lead in New Hampshire at 32% to Cruz's 11%, and Marco Rubio is in 5th with about 9%. Rubio will obviously get a huge push and a lot of money this week, but Bush, Kasich, and Christie have a combined 25%+ in the polls there, have staked their campaigns there, and are going to fight tooth and nail to tear down Marco there and finish first in the establishment lane.

Trump is still the most likely NH winner, which will make him the most likely SC winner if he does in fact win NH, which will make him the clear and then proven front-runner if he in fact wins both IA and NH.

SirKibbles
Feb 27, 2011

I didn't like your old red text so here's some dancing cash. :10bux:

Xenophon posted:

:what: Really? Holy poo poo this is like the time when I found out george bush didn't know there where sunni and shia muslims. I'm just lost at the sheer stupid of it all.

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump

InVest in America

gently caress everything

Prof. Lurker
Mar 10, 2015

I've got the fire of human liberty!

I'm setting fires everywhere!

And humans are turning on everywhere!
Lowell Umass 1/31 - 2/2

Trump 38 (0)
Cruz 14 (0)
Rubio 12 (+2)
Bush 9 (0)
Kasich 7 (-2)

http://www.uml.edu/docs/2-3%20TOPLINE%20-%20UMassLowell-7NEWS%20NH%20PRIMARY_tcm18-230574.pdf

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump
Have there been any leaks of internal polling from the Jeb campaign recently? I'm really interested in hearing their most optimistic version of reality right now

Boosted_C5
Feb 16, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 5 years!
Grimey Drawer

Good Citizen posted:

Have there been any leaks of internal polling from the Jeb campaign recently? I'm really interested in hearing their most optimistic version of reality right now

Aside from being in a virtual 3-way tie in NH, Bush for some reason has 10% in the poll average here in SC. Maybe it's because his brother is popular here, I don't know.

I would imagine the people he's paying for internal polling are telling him better numbers. Gotta keep that gravy flowing.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
Ground game? I can't even see the ground from my tower. And I build great towers. The best, let me tell you.

HUGE PUBES A PLUS
Apr 30, 2005

https://twitter.com/MichaelCBender/status/694875964694794242

SNAKES N CAKES
Sep 6, 2005

DAVID GAIDER
Lead Writer

Prof. Lurker posted:

Lowell Umass 1/31 - 2/2

Trump 38 (0)
Cruz 14 (0)
Rubio 12 (+2)
Bush 9 (0)
Kasich 7 (-2)

http://www.uml.edu/docs/2-3%20TOPLINE%20-%20UMassLowell-7NEWS%20NH%20PRIMARY_tcm18-230574.pdf

Rubementum is real!

nah thanks
Jun 18, 2004

Take me out.

Why do people still give a poo poo about two dudes getting married in 2016? Nothing bad has happened to the institution of marriage since gay people were allowed to marry. Beastiality didn't suddenly become legal. Your marriage wasn't annulled so that you could be forcibly wed to a man. Get over it.

SNAKES N CAKES
Sep 6, 2005

DAVID GAIDER
Lead Writer

quote:

Yet there are signs Mr. Bush may still have some work to do to finish in the top tier here. Speaking to a crowd at the Hanover Inn near the Vermont border during his final stop of the day, Mr. Bush finished a fiery riff about protecting the country as commander in chief — “I won’t be out here blowharding, talking a big game without backing it up,” he said — and was met with total silence.

“Please clap,” he said, sounding defeated.

The crowd laughed — and then, finally, clapped.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/02/04/us/politics/jeb-bush-an-also-ran-in-iowa-may-be-pivotal-in-new-hampshire.html

Xenophon
Jun 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Grimey Drawer
Trump tweeted and then immediately deleted:

Thank goodness for screenshots:

Probably just a Carson reference but still, lol

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
The tweet wasn't deleted, Ted Cruz illegally stole it! :eyepop:

HUGE PUBES A PLUS
Apr 30, 2005

Xenophon posted:

Trump tweeted and then immediately deleted:

Thank goodness for screenshots:

Probably just a Carson reference but still, lol

Just saw that tweet, and then it disappeared. Shocked he took it down.

Meanwhile,

https://mobile.twitter.com/johndingell/status/694364108771192832

Xenophon
Jun 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Grimey Drawer
He's trumpling down - but removed the word "illegally" (probably a lawyer saw it and was like DONALD NO):
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/694879900256354304

SNAKES N CAKES
Sep 6, 2005

DAVID GAIDER
Lead Writer
He deleted the tweet because of the typos, which he quickly corrected and then tweeted again.

Xenophon posted:

He's trumpling down - but removed the word "illegally" (probably a lawyer saw it and was like DONALD NO):
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/694879900256354304

"illegally stole" is redundant

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

is Ted Cruz going to outlaw divorce?

Prof. Lurker
Mar 10, 2015

I've got the fire of human liberty!

I'm setting fires everywhere!

And humans are turning on everywhere!
Bad!

Astroclassicist
Aug 21, 2015

WAR.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
:boom:

https://twitter.com/JohnBerman/status/694880674453569536

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

I wish Trump had been the underdog and then won so we could call it The Golden Fleece

SNAKES N CAKES
Sep 6, 2005

DAVID GAIDER
Lead Writer

Unexpected!

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

RPZip
Feb 6, 2009

WORDS IN THE HEART
CANNOT BE TAKEN

blue squares posted:

is Ted Cruz going to outlaw divorce?

Think "handmaid's tale".

Astroclassicist
Aug 21, 2015

Jim Gilmore sits in his underground bunker, smiling as another enemy falls.

Xenophon
Jun 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Grimey Drawer
Farewell, Rand, I'll always remember you as that guy who spent several months tweeting pictures of himself eating

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

those loving shoes

Astroclassicist
Aug 21, 2015

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/694882228665507840

Operation Bring down the Cruz Missile is well under way

:getin:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Joementum
May 23, 2004