Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chill la Chill

Don't lose your gay

after playing neko atsume for a couple weeks now, I have not yet gotten tubs the fat cat. is this a good or bad thing??

Apparently I'm #1 Kotori fan

thank you matoi and vanisher for the sigs, lovely dad for the cool av

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ScrubLeague

He usually comes and eats all your food but gives a shitload of fish.

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

bacalou

ron color posted:

this is cool. what if you could leave graffiti in the reboot world

woah

Chill la Chill

Don't lose your gay

ScrubLeague posted:

He usually comes and eats all your food but gives a shitload of fish.

Yeah that's what I heard but I haven't seen it yet so I'm worried. I hope mr. tubs is ok

Scaly Haylie

i've been playing xcom enemy within lately. i'm a few months into the campaign but money and resources seem tight and a lot of countries are panicked. should i be worried, or is that just how xcom goes?

drilldo squirt

a beautiful, soft meat sack

Lizard Wizard posted:

i've been playing xcom enemy within lately. i'm a few months into the campaign but money and resources seem tight and a lot of countries are panicked. should i be worried, or is that just how xcom goes?

You want to start building satellites and the satellite base buildings as fast as possible until you cover everything. When you get missions always chose the most panicked one and don't be afraid to sell salvage.

----------------

Moola

Lizard Wizard posted:

:xcom:

Scaly Haylie

drilldo squirt posted:

You want to start building satellites and the satellite base buildings as fast as possible until you cover everything. When you get missions always chose the most panicked one and don't be afraid to sell salvage.

but

i need salvage, for research and whatnot

Scaly Haylie

also, gently caress the site recon mission

Moola
play long war

Pomp

by Fluffdaddy

drilldo squirt posted:

----------------

Pomp

by Fluffdaddy

Lizard Wizard posted:

but

i need salvage, for research and whatnot

not really

----------------

Scaly Haylie

how do i sell stuff, and is there anything i should really really not sell?

Pomp

by Fluffdaddy
Mission control, never sell weapon fragments, it's pretty standard to sell off all the loot from your first UFO or two, any UFO loot that's damaged is only good for selling.

The money crunch in the first couple of months of EU/EW is easily the hardest part of the game and somewhere around laser weapons it gets a lot easier.

----------------

joke_explainer

XCOM EU and EW, especially with long war, was some of my favorite video game experiences out there. So good. That said I feel like you are always going to have a hard time on a first play through before you realize things like, how loving insane chrysalids are.

joke_explainer

Anybody preordered XCOM 2? Getting rave reviews.

Moola
is there any reason to preorder?

FutonForensic

Moola posted:

is there any reason to preorder?

I'm so glad you asked. RESISTANCE WARRIOR PACK. Customize your squad of resistance fighters with bonus outfits, headgear, and custom facial war paint. Instantly unlock a survivor of the old war as a recruit in your barracks.

that.... that's it

Moola
haha I know you made that post to dissuade me

but I loving LOVE pretty dress up so I'm getting that

Zorodius

EA GAMES' MASTERPIECE 'MADDEN 2018 G.O.A.T. EDITION' IS A GLORIOUS TRIUMPH OF ART AND TECHNOLOGY. IT BRINGS GAMEDAY RIGHT TO THE PLAYER AND WHOEVER SAYS OTHERWISE CAN, YOU GUESSED IT...
SUCK THE SHIT STRAIGHT OUT OF MY OWN ASSHOLE.

BUY IT.
Xcom seems like a game about using cover and planning tactical maneuvers and such. But it's actually a game about manipulating LoS and the move system.

Being behind cover won't do poo poo later on. Or early on. But having your whole squad ready to fire on contact will get the job done.

And the most dangerous thing is to activate a pod, which happens if your guys accidentally see them while running for cover. So that's why I always poke the rookies' eyes out. Safer that way.

Scaly Haylie

joke_explainer posted:

XCOM EU and EW, especially with long war, was some of my favorite video game experiences out there. So good. That said I feel like you are always going to have a hard time on a first play through before you realize things like, how loving insane chrysalids are.

yeah i think i'm just gonna straight up sacrifice a rookie to beat site recon.

Pomp

by Fluffdaddy

----------------

deep dish peat moss

joke_explainer posted:

Anybody preordered XCOM 2? Getting rave reviews.

Yeah I preordered it and also I took Monday off because I have a dentist appointment early and then I can come home and recover by playing XCOM 2 all day. I'm going to play a lot of XCOM 2 this weekend, and I'm going to post the BYOBCOM 2 thread as soon as I start on Friday evening.

deep dish peat moss

x-com and XCOM is my favorite video game series of all time and I'm uncontrollably excited for this one.

deep dish peat moss

The main-menu Character Customization in XCOM 2 is perfect for BYOBCOM 2, because it lets me create preset character designs/names before I start the game and then those players show up randomly in my recruits, so I'm going to spend like an hour just entering a bunch of BYOB names in it. Just kidding there aren't that many posters here, but like 5 minutes.

joke_explainer

95% chance is not 100% chance. no one who has played tabletop RPGs will say you never roll a 1, which is a 5% chance.

GEExCEE

lol

Pro Target

xcom 2 is bad

Mapparu

all games are bad

joke_explainer

Pro Target posted:

xcom 2 is bad

have you played it? or is this just your impression from exposure so far?

Moola

Pro Target posted:

xcom 2 is bad

he means like 90s bad

baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad

Chill la Chill

Don't lose your gay

I just preordered the Valkyrie Chronicles remastered for PS4. :peanut: Maybe they'll make a part 2

deep dish peat moss

If you like Valkyria Chronicles you might also like Mordheim: City of the Damned which is like a roguelike Warhammer Valkyria Chronicles. Valkyria Chronicles felt more like a puzzle game than a strategy game to me and this is like a strategy game version of Valkyria Chronicles.

Chill la Chill

Don't lose your gay

Oh yeah, mordheim looks great but I'm waiting for it to go on sale. Looks like they finally released the game, good for them. I gotta say the anime cel-shaded graphics really draw me to valkyria chronicles. I guess that's something to be said about people's preferences wrt not/wanting anime games. :3:

ScrubLeague

Chill la Chill posted:

I just preordered the Valkyrie Chronicles remastered for PS4. :peanut: Maybe they'll make a part 2

They made 3 of them part 2 was PSP and part 3 never made it out of Japan. I would goddamn love a remaster of 2 and 3.

----------------

Chill la Chill

Don't lose your gay

I heard about the PSP version and how it was bad. how did the 3rd game go? I want a proper sequel to my WW2 anime game on the same platform as the first.

speaking of which, i never liked that finals fantasy tactics sequels were all on the game boy.

FutonForensic

i didn't play the 3rd VC but everyone says it's more of a return to form than the second was

9hotonic

(after hearing the library has games , i arrive at the front desk, disguised as a non-gamer)

"er.. im here for some.. book's"
my favourite game is chess what about you guys

Pizzatime

stop talking about video games already

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

3D Megadoodoo

9hotonic posted:

my favourite game is chess what about you guys

battle chess oh yeah i played that AAAAAARGH (that was a soiud effect from the game!)