Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe

Zigmidge posted:

Welp, the latest LGS just chewed my g700 up and spat it out.

Once the software loaded, I clicked into the per-app profile section where it didn't find a single loaded profile - not even a default, it was just empty. A thing hitched and the software crashed and my mouse died with it. Moving the mouse made the cursor skip and only update once every second - none of the mouse clicks worked except for left click in a browser which, for some reason, acted like I was pressing f6 (go to navbar). Nothing I do is bringing it back.

This mouse has been nothing but problems when it comes to profiling. It *constantly* forgot its own on-board profiles when I used those, it constantly skipped back to default or an on-board default profile when I tried using per-app settings. Locking it to one profile didn't because it would constantly revert back to default on-board profiles. Trying to find a solution for this only lead me to years and years and years of people posting about exactly the same problems - these posts go all the way back to 2011.

Why is LGS or the on-board profile memory so bad at this, goo? Why is it a common issue to which no solution exists online?

I just bought a g602 but I'm keeping the receipt close and your customer service # even closer.

That sucks :( I pretty much had to "solve" this problem with my G700 by going back to an ancient LGS version, the last one that was still delivered as a part of the SetPoint software. Everything newer was endlessly frustrating because of the profile issues. It's sad though because the G700 is pretty much the only remaining Logitech gaming mouse I can still tolerate, wonder why they never fixed that (and I have no idea if the G700s is better at profiles).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quaternion Cat
Feb 19, 2011

Affeline Space

Zigmidge posted:

Welp, the latest LGS just chewed my g700 up and spat it out.

Once the software loaded, I clicked into the per-app profile section where it didn't find a single loaded profile - not even a default, it was just empty. A thing hitched and the software crashed and my mouse died with it. Moving the mouse made the cursor skip and only update once every second - none of the mouse clicks worked except for left click in a browser which, for some reason, acted like I was pressing f6 (go to navbar). Nothing I do is bringing it back.

Hi I meant to respond to you earlier but forgot and only just remembered about this. One time I had to talk to logitech support and they asked me to reset my mouse, which you could do supposedly by doing this;

1. Remove the batteries
2. Press and hold the left button
3. Insert the batteries while holding down the left button
4. Still holding the left button, press the right button 5 times
5. Let go of the buttons and test the mouse

Also yes LGS is really bad :(

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
my g502 started double-clicking on the left mouse button. should i bother trying to fix it or just contact Logitech?

NihilCredo
Jun 6, 2011

iram omni possibili modo preme:
plus una illa te diffamabit, quam multæ virtutes commendabunt

TheQat posted:

my g502 started double-clicking on the left mouse button. should i bother trying to fix it or just contact Logitech?

Contact Logitech first, then try to fix it if they won't replace it. Fixing the double-click issue is quite easy, but getting it replaced is easier.

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

Exsqueeze me, why the sour face? I'm here to lemon aid you. Let's juice it.

Mastigophoran posted:

Hi I meant to respond to you earlier but forgot and only just remembered about this. One time I had to talk to logitech support and they asked me to reset my mouse, which you could do supposedly by doing this;

1. Remove the batteries
2. Press and hold the left button
3. Insert the batteries while holding down the left button
4. Still holding the left button, press the right button 5 times
5. Let go of the buttons and test the mouse

Also yes LGS is really bad :(

Sweet, thanks for the tip - didn't work but it's always fun to learn about hardware cheat codes.

In other news, the g602 feels awesome as hell but LGS STILL DOES PROFILE FUCKERY WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU LOGITECH

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Zigmidge posted:

Sweet, thanks for the tip - didn't work but it's always fun to learn about hardware cheat codes.

In other news, the g602 feels awesome as hell but LGS STILL DOES PROFILE FUCKERY WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU LOGITECH

Logitech looked at Razer and said, "We're Logitech, guys; we can gently caress this up EVEN BETTER than anyone else."

I usually set up my profiles on the device's memory, and just uninstall LGS once it's on the device's memory.

redeyes
Sep 14, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
I know most of you will probably not like this but this sucker: http://www.amazon.com/Microsoft-Rig...fort+mouse+6000

is the best mouse I have personally ever used.

I do open the thing and remove the clicker from the scroll wheel, which means basically snipping 2 pastic prongs that rub against a wheel.. but the mouse is feather light, tracks like a demon, and fits a large man-hand perfectly

I bought one about 3-4 years ago and it is pretty rough looking at this point, but works perfectly. So I bought another just the other day.

MS Comfort Mouse 6000 - 0.25 ounces weight of the mouse
Logitech MX master - 5.1 oz

The logitech is a drat brick compared.

redeyes fucked around with this message at 16:13 on Feb 3, 2016

Goo
Aug 30, 2002

Hello Drippy

Zigmidge posted:

I have been complaining about profiles resetting for years. QA and engineering teams tell me they can't replicate, therefore can't fix. Do you have any more information you can give me?

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

With the G700, it was when a fluctuation in power or signal occurs. So if the batteries ran out during wireless or if the cable was momentarily disconnected with no batteries inserted. This is for both lgs and on-board profiles.

The 602 is the same but it only seems to happen when LGS is not running. This is only after a week so that's the only time its happened.

I do sympathise with the engineering team a tiny bit - these aren't things I could reproduce at will either. They would just....happen.

Goo
Aug 30, 2002

Hello Drippy
Thanks. I will ping them again.

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

G900, anyone?

e: Logitech asked OCN to remove the pictures from their site, so suggests authentic pictures.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

El Scotch posted:

G900, anyone?

e: Logitech asked OCN to remove the pictures from their site, so suggests authentic pictures.
The buttons by the scroll wheel are loving disgusting, but I have no interest in a wireless mouse so it doesn't bother me.

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

Is the middle one a freewheel toggle?

zachol
Feb 13, 2009

Once per turn, you can Tribute 1 WATER monster you control (except this card) to Special Summon 1 WATER monster from your hand. The monster Special Summoned by this effect is destroyed if "Raging Eria" is removed from your side of the field.
It looks like there's a freewheel toggle and then two triangular buttons below it.

I like the replaceable side buttons but it needs more buttons in general.
Maybe if there were two rows of side buttons, so you could have 2-4 on each side?

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
I've figured out what my dream mouse is: a Mionix Naos 7000 with BT4.0, with the additional buttons from a G300s.

It'll never happen but drat I'd settle on an optical ambidextrous Bluetooth mouse.

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin

El Scotch posted:

G900, anyone?

That looks like the most uncomfortable thing ever made. It will likely sell millions then.

Backyarr
Jun 6, 2006
There's a pirate in your backyard!

Fallen Rib

El Scotch posted:

G900, anyone?

Wow, this looks terrible. But then, it appears to be a symmetric gaming mouse, so it might be marketed to lefties or something.

Bieeanshee
Aug 21, 2000

Not keen on keening.

Grimey Drawer
I think my hand just screamed.

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

Wasabi the J posted:

I've figured out what my dream mouse is: a Mionix Naos 7000 with BT4.0, with the additional buttons from a G300s.

It'll never happen but drat I'd settle on an optical ambidextrous Bluetooth mouse.

Give me a wireless Castor and I'm good till Armageddon.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

El Scotch posted:

Give me a wireless Castor and I'm good till Armageddon.

I briefly considered the Orochi but my religion prevents me from buying Razer.

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

Goo: Thanks for paying attention (even if I my post was a bit spazzy). You've always been good help.

This actually looks like a clawable logitech g mouse, I'm so down. Too bad I just bought a mouse!

NihilCredo
Jun 6, 2011

iram omni possibili modo preme:
plus una illa te diffamabit, quam multæ virtutes commendabunt

The shape probably looks better from a more regular view angle.

I really like that they dropped the XTREME GAMERZZZZ stripes. It's no MX Master, but I'd certainly like seeing that on my desk a lot more than the G502.

I wonder what's up with all the accessories though. Beyond the wifi dongle and the USB cable, I don't understand what the other two accessories are for.

I agree that having buttons under the scroll wheel is a big fail, but it's probably the least awkward option if you want to make a symmetrical mouse with lots of buttons. Fortunately I'm right-handed like God intended.

GokieKS
Dec 15, 2012

Mostly Harmless.

NihilCredo posted:

I wonder what's up with all the accessories though. Beyond the wifi dongle and the USB cable, I don't understand what the other two accessories are for.

It looks like it allows for you to have thumb buttons on either left or right side (or both?)

wolrah
May 8, 2006
what?

Goo posted:

I have been complaining about profiles resetting for years. QA and engineering teams tell me they can't replicate, therefore can't fix. Do you have any more information you can give me?

With the MX Revolution (I know not a LGS device and thus maybe not related) it happened every time the mouse was switched off or ran out of battery.

With the G700S for a time I could cause it every single time I rebooted to Linux and then went back to Windows. The profiles would work as normal when in Linux, even through reboots, but once I then went back to Windows it would break. That hasn't happened in a while, I'm pretty sure it stopped doing that the last time I updated LGS, but it did happen to me once the other day when I rebooted while I had the mouse in wireless mode.

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

I used a G5 for years that finally died, and now my G500 is skipping after less than a year of use. Anyone know of a good alternative for the G5 besides just going up to the g700 or waiting for a G900? Or should I just start trolling ebay for a sealed G5?

totalnewbie
Nov 13, 2005

I was born and raised in China, lived in Japan, and now hold a US passport.

I am wrong in every way, all the damn time.

Ask me about my tattoos.
Try filing a claim, because I replaced mine 3 times for free before I got one that didn't die in a few months.

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

totalnewbie posted:

Try filing a claim, because I replaced mine 3 times for free before I got one that didn't die in a few months.

I bought it on Amazon, never registered the product, and have none of the packaging - I had kind of assumed filing a claim would be impossible.

taqueso
Mar 8, 2004

:911:
:wookie: :thermidor: :wookie:
:dehumanize:

:pirate::hf::tinfoil:

Nephzinho posted:

I bought it on Amazon, never registered the product, and have none of the packaging - I had kind of assumed filing a claim would be impossible.

Afaik, in the US you cannot be denied warranty coverage for failing to register the product. Registering is just a way for them to collect your contact info.

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

If you're having problems you're either holding the phone wrong or you have tiny girl hands.

taqueso posted:

Afaik, in the US you cannot be denied warranty coverage for failing to register the product. Registering is just a way for them to collect your contact info.

Some manufacturers give an extended warranty via registration though.

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

It's been a while since I used Logitech support but twice I got replacement mice on the basis of a newegg receipt and a photograph of the bottom of the mouse

MrBond
Feb 19, 2004

FYI, Cheese NIPS are not the same as Cheez ITS

Goo posted:

Unrelated to the issue at hand but do you know anyone that works in the Mac driver? I have a problem with LCCDaemon that is clearly software based but the online support thinks it's hardware related.

Bieeanshee
Aug 21, 2000

Not keen on keening.

Grimey Drawer
I think this is a new record for me. Bought this G602 in early October of last year, and the loving LMB is already flaking out. I'll swap fresh batteries in when I get up tomorrow, but I have a hunch I'll be in touch with support by the end of the week. drat it.

Edit: Blah, quicker than that. At least switching left and mouse buttons will make things less frustrating in the interim.

Bieeanshee fucked around with this message at 21:29 on Feb 6, 2016

betterinsodapop
Apr 4, 2004

64:3

kaschei posted:

It's been a while since I used Logitech support but twice I got replacement mice on the basis of a newegg receipt and a photograph of the bottom of the mouse
Same here. They were great, didn't even ask for the original mouse back.

Hollenhammer
Dec 6, 2005

TheQat posted:

My first G502 would change DPI profile when i did a lot of clicking. Randomly either stepping up or down a setting.
I contacted support and after a bit of back and forth they suggested I RMA it by taking it back to where I bought it (which i was going to do anyway)

My replacement was fine and didn't suffer that same issue.

Then I found a Rival 300 Fade in stock and I haven't used it since (my hand is too big for the 502 but its a really good mouse)

Optimus Subprime
Mar 26, 2005

Ideas are more powerful than guns. We would not let our enemies have guns, why should we let them have ideas?

Is there a current mouse that has a similar form factor to the logitech g9? I bought a g502, but returned it because it was too narrow for me to comfortably hold it, but I think my g9's laser is going to go pretty soon.

ColHannibal
Sep 17, 2007

Optimus Subprime posted:

Is there a current mouse that has a similar form factor to the logitech g9? I bought a g502, but returned it because it was too narrow for me to comfortably hold it, but I think my g9's laser is going to go pretty soon.

Check out the Mionix Naos 7000.

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

WHO ABUSED HIM. WHO ABUSED THE BOY.

Optimus Subprime posted:

CM Xornet 2

Goo
Aug 30, 2002

Hello Drippy

MrBond posted:

Unrelated to the issue at hand but do you know anyone that works in the Mac driver? I have a problem with LCCDaemon that is clearly software based but the online support thinks it's hardware related.
I can report it to QA. The team that does the Mac software is not based out of the same office as me. PM me the details if you want.

FlyingCheese
Jan 17, 2007
OH THANK GOD!

I never thought I'd be happy to see yet another lubed up man-ass.
What's the best rechargeable bluetooth mouse? My new laptop only has 2 regular USB ports and I'd rather one of them wasn't taken up by a wired mouse or a stupid little transmitter when I have bluetooth already in the laptop. And I certainly don't want to have to worry about replacing AA batteries.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ynglaur
Oct 9, 2013

The Malta Conference, anyone?
I'm really liking my MX Performance 2. It works on glass, has up to three connection profiles, and doesn't look like a spaceship. It's small in the hand, which you may or may not like.