Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

hmmm. i'm thinking about gear 3rd. picturing it vividly. it checks out

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Suaimhneas
Nov 19, 2005

That's how you get tinnitus

I thought the idea with gear third was that he's inflating his bones too, and they retain their hardness after being inflated. I'm sure he said something like "bone balloon" the first time he did it.

It's already weird that his entire body has the properties of rubber but his skeletal structure can still support his body like normal, so if you're already accepting that as "a devil fruit did it" then the rest isn't really much of a stretch

Spanish Matlock
Sep 6, 2004

If you want to play the I-didn't-know-this-was-a-hippo-bar game with me, that's fine.
I still think you guys have this "getting hit in the face with a big rubber object" thing all wrong.

AkumaHokoru
Jul 20, 2007

Spanish Matlock posted:

I still think you guys have this "getting hit in the face with a big rubber object" thing all wrong.

that size. fired with the speed of a rubber bullet. thats kong gun in a nutshell. yeeeah

MajorGravy
Nov 3, 2010

Now this, I'd gladly have as a poster.

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

MajorGravy posted:

Was this done by the same artist that did the Mad Max Oda-style art? Because they can go ahead and keep doing these, they're great. :allears:

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

MajorGravy posted:

Kylo Rob Lucci is lookin' pretty sweet.

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

Your Dunkle Sans posted:

Kylo Rob Lucci is lookin' pretty sweet.

My thoughts exactly.

Also, my SO is currently teaching in Japan and she got me a sweet New Years card from the One Piece Tokyo Tower. I don't remember ever seeing the art before and think it's crazy awesome so I scanned it to share with y'all. Apologies for the low quality.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

fujitori and momosuke looking good

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

MajorGravy posted:

The only problem with this is that Kylo Ren looks like Lucci when he should look like Spandam :colbert:

Shoren
Apr 6, 2011

victoria concordia crescit

MajorGravy posted:

The artist really captures Oda's style really well so kudos for that, but none of the characters really look like the actors. I'm not too crazy about it :shrug:

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!
Human-Human Fruit, Model: Jedi

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

Shoren posted:

The artist really captures Oda's style really well so kudos for that, but none of the characters really look like the actors. I'm not too crazy about it :shrug:

Yeah, it's more or less "random Oda-style faces on TFA people" which is kinda hilarious.

Pastrymancy
Feb 20, 2011

11:13: Despite Gio Gonzalez warning, "Never mix your sparkling juices," Bryce Harper opens another bottle of sparkling grape and mixes it with sparkling cider.

1:07: Harper walks to the 7-11 and orders an all-syrup Slurpee.

1:10-3:05: Harper has no recollection of this time. Aliens?
Didn't Oda actually draw his characters cosplaying Star Wars characters since there was a One Piece promo before TFA screenings in Japan?

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.

Pastrymancy posted:

Didn't Oda actually draw his characters cosplaying Star Wars characters since there was a One Piece promo before TFA screenings in Japan?

You're welcome.

Froggycleric
May 11, 2013

Don't sully his love with imagined reasons.
Non star wars/one piece fan art but I feel this should be shared

http://imgur.com/a/chAFH

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

Mraagvpeine posted:

You're welcome.

Chopper should've been R2D2, but perfect otherwise.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Mraagvpeine posted:

You're welcome.

Haha I just realized that both Robin and Nami are dressed as Leia

Pastrymancy
Feb 20, 2011

11:13: Despite Gio Gonzalez warning, "Never mix your sparkling juices," Bryce Harper opens another bottle of sparkling grape and mixes it with sparkling cider.

1:07: Harper walks to the 7-11 and orders an all-syrup Slurpee.

1:10-3:05: Harper has no recollection of this time. Aliens?
What is Zoro's costume? Obi Wan?

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

Did someone say axe magnet?

Countblanc posted:

Haha I just realized that both Robin and Nami are dressed as Leia

To be fair, which other classic Star Wars female would they be?

Mulderman fucked around with this message at 20:45 on Feb 3, 2016

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
Mon Mothma

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
Robin should have been Boba Fett

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

Countblanc posted:

Robin should have been Boba Fett

Duval or Killer, IMO.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
No Lando? No thanks.

ThingOne
Jul 30, 2011

Would you like some tofu?

Your Dunkle Sans posted:

Duval or Killer, IMO.

Smoker is the Boba Fett of One Piece.

dazoner
May 17, 2006

White People!

ThingOne posted:

Smoker is the Boba Fett of One Piece.

Looks cool but is absolutely useless?

Adlai Stevenson
Mar 4, 2010

Making me ashamed to feel the way that I do
Smoker is a beautiful angel and some day he'll fly free

Advice
Feb 17, 2007

Je veux ton amour
Et je veux ton revanche
Je veux ton amour
I don't wanna be friends
No guys, you don't understand, Smoker is totally the Garp to Luffy's Gold Roger. That's why, instead of being a powerful rival and adversary with begrudging respect, he just jobs out all the time.

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

Advice posted:

No guys, you don't understand, Smoker is totally the Garp to Luffy's Gold Roger. That's why, instead of being a powerful rival and adversary with begrudging respect, he just jobs out all the time.

Garp never jobs out of nothin', you take that back :colbert:

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Parrotine posted:

Garp never jobs out of nothin', you take that back :colbert:

Jobbed out to his emotions.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha I'm just jestin' and pretty sure the other dude was too.

dazoner
May 17, 2006

White People!

Adlai Stevenson posted:

Smoker is a beautiful angel and some day he'll fly free

Right into the One Piece equivalent of the sarlac pit

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

dazoner posted:

Right into the One Piece equivalent of the sarlac pit

The giant snake from Skypeia?

Asuron
Nov 27, 2012

Advice posted:

Hey, hey, hey. He did stuff before the timeskip. Now he loses to everyone crushingly but still.

dordreff
Jul 16, 2013

Advice posted:

Jobber to the stars is an important role in any story and I won't have you insult my husband like this

Asuron
Nov 27, 2012

dordreff posted:

Jobber to the stars is an important role in any story and I won't have you insult my husband like this

At least he's no Yamcha. He can at least beat the mooks, Yamcha couldn't even do that

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010
Jobbing to a guy Luffy couldn't even beat post-timeskip without Law loving up his organs and Gear 4 isn't really all that bad, tbh.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
He got punked by Law too though.

(won't count Vergo cuz he threw that fight)

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

Pureauthor posted:

He got punked by Law too though.

(won't count Vergo cuz he threw that fight)

Oh forgot about that. Yeah, I guess despite being cooler than Yamcha ever will be he's p. much a joke as far as being a threat is now. Still owns as a character though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

Last Celebration posted:

Oh forgot about that. Yeah, I guess despite being cooler than Yamcha ever will be he's p. much a joke as far as being a threat is now. Still owns as a character though.

He can still somehow beat Luffy's rear end, and only him.