Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Icept
Jul 11, 2001

I'm getting an image in my head of someone opening a nice bottle of wine, lighting some candles and watching 2h30mins of motorcycle crashes.

Thanks to the guys posting timestamps :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Minkee
Dec 20, 2004

Fat Chicks Love Me
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NFbuLpjttrY

Sometimes you get stuck in a sandstorm.

The Royal Nonesuch
Nov 1, 2005

Icept posted:

I'm getting an image in my head of someone opening a nice bottle of wine, lighting some candles and watching 2h30mins of motorcycle crashes.

Steps for viewing a new No Prisoners konstantinos777 release

All viewing seats should be in an upright position, and have raw copper wires loosely connecting your chair to the closest high-voltage outlet
  • For optimal viewing situation you should be at work, on the clock and preferably in overtime with co-workers in nearby cubicles.
  • Speakers and system volume should be set to max, so your co-worker/apartment neighbor can feel the fairings grinding away - this simulates the public humiliation of a brutal crash
Diet
Prepare and consume the following shamanic, wide-spectrum chemical blend to approximate the diet of the average No Prisoners victim. Mixture should be ingested as rapidly as possible with one short break to scream wildly in your native tongue ("BLYAD/gently caress"/etc):
  • 6 oz Vodka
  • 2 quarts Gudamba/Desi Daru
  • 3 oz Jack Daniels
  • 1 24oz Can Monster Energy
  • 3 small diet (light-blue) RedBull cans
Optional
  • Connect one (1) Soviet-bloc surplus gas mask via hose to the exhaust of a coal-chipped Cummins© Turbodiesel and inhale deeply. Not recommended for beginners.
  • Have either your girlfriend (pink Scorpion helmet) or a close bro (plaid shorts and sandals) do a parked burnout with your bike, directly in front of you - for the smoke factor
  • Give your favorite local vagrant two fifths of Stolichnaya and the keys to a weird Mercedes cargo truck; also instructions to your office/house

lol if you don't follow this regime in combination with the Ludovico Technique. I have been doing this for the last six No Prisoners and I can already anticipate a cross-traffic hatchback two miles in advance - in another ten years/fifteen-thousand crash clips I am fully expecting to be able to shift to seventh gear and warp through Taiwanese red lights in GoPro© Five-Dimension™, with my lizard brain accurately predicting all possible vectors due to extensive YouTube crowdsourced 4g broadspectrum analyzation

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord

The Royal Nonesuch posted:

All viewing seats should be in an upright position, and have raw copper wires loosely connecting your chair to the closest high-voltage outlet
  • For optimal viewing situation you should be at work, on the clock and preferably in overtime with co-workers in nearby cubicles.
  • Speakers and system volume should be set to max, so your co-worker/apartment neighbor can feel the fairings grinding away - this simulates the public humiliation of a brutal crash
Diet
Prepare and consume the following shamanic, wide-spectrum chemical blend to approximate the diet of the average No Prisoners victim. Mixture should be ingested as rapidly as possible with one short break to scream wildly in your native tongue ("BLYAD/gently caress"/etc):
  • 6 oz Vodka
  • 3 oz Jack Daniels
Optional
  • Connect one (1) Soviet-bloc surplus gas mask via hose to the exhaust of a coal-chipped Cummins© Turbodiesel and inhale deeply. Not recommended for beginners.
  • Have either your girlfriend (pink Scorpion helmet) or a close bro (plaid shorts and sandals) do a parked burnout with your bike, directly in front of you - for the smoke factor
  • Give your favorite local vagrant two fifths of Stolichnaya and the keys to a weird Mercedes cargo truck; also instructions to your office/house

lol if you don't follow this regime in combination with the Ludovico Technique. I have been doing this for the last six No Prisoners and I can already anticipate a cross-traffic hatchback two miles in advance - in another ten years/fifteen-thousand crash clips I am fully expecting to be able to shift to seventh gear and warp through Taiwanese red lights in GoPro© Five-Dimension™, with my lizard brain accurately predicting all possible vectors due to extensive YouTube crowdsourced 4g broadspectrum analyzation

And still crash when you target fixate on a rock during a gentle left turn.

Tactical Lesbian
Mar 31, 2012

AMEN BROTHER THAT WAS A HELLUVA POST

Seriously though, holy poo poo.

Pope Mobile posted:

And still crash when you target fixate on a rock during a gentle left turn.

Was going too fast bro just ran out of road, had to layerdan, no way my tires would have kept traction if I leaned it further than 15 degrees. Didn't you know the surface area is like the size of a can of bud light? *bends the bill of my camo sportsball hat*

Tactical Lesbian fucked around with this message at 06:32 on Feb 3, 2016

abigserve
Sep 13, 2009

this is a better avatar than what I had before
The kind of lane splitting some people do in that video is terrifying, I split to the front of the pack when we're at lights or if traffic is basically at a standstill, but you've got guys in there doing what looks like 60-70k's an hour through flowing traffic like it aint no thang. And then someone changes lanes into them.

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

The Royal Nonesuch posted:

Diet
  • 6 oz Vodka
  • 3 oz Jack Daniels
Optional

Five and same.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

abigserve posted:

The kind of lane splitting some people do in that video is terrifying, I split to the front of the pack when we're at lights or if traffic is basically at a standstill, but you've got guys in there doing what looks like 60-70k's an hour through flowing traffic like it aint no thang. And then someone changes lanes into them.

I do it every day and it really ain't no thang, those guys just aren't paying attention or are going much faster than you think.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
Look I found a video of Slavvy leaving work for the evening commute home to his nice quiet housing development

Tactical Lesbian
Mar 31, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nNrEBnS4nTw

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester posted:

Look I found a video of Slavvy leaving work for the evening commute home to his nice quiet housing development

That pretty much sums up a typical range day for me.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester posted:

Nah, this is a civilised country so automatic weapons are illegal here :smug:

clutchpuck
Apr 30, 2004
ro-tard
If you believe your imperial overlords.

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

Looks like Rad Racer, but with bikes. Also Rad Racer was one of the first racing games I ever played.

Tactical Lesbian
Mar 31, 2012

I definitely remember playing that game when I was a kid. On SNES maybe?

Gorson
Aug 29, 2014

Tactical Lesbian posted:

I definitely remember playing that game when I was a kid. On SNES maybe?

Those are SEGA graphics, the game is Super Hang-On. SEGA games always looked like that (Afterburner, etc). The SNES couldn't really do racing games well until Mode 7 came along.

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

I have an unhealthy obsession with motorcycles.

Proof

Gorson posted:

Those are SEGA graphics, the game is Super Hang-On. SEGA games always looked like that (Afterburner, etc). The SNES couldn't really do racing games well until Mode 7 came along.

It looks like the Arcade version.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/SEGA-Hang-On-Arcade-Machine-Working-Motorcycle-Game-Super-Fun-Bargain-Price-/252271664383

Tactical Lesbian
Mar 31, 2012

Bargain price!!!

Gorson
Aug 29, 2014

Yep it is, the "Super" version though. SEGA games (both arcade and home systems, most SEGA games of the day were ported arcade games) used big, chunky, fast-moving, colorful sprites, something the NES/SNES weren't very good at. This was pretty much ok though because the types of games on the systems were very different, SEGA was mostly "action" oriented, while Nintendo games had more depth. I was a Nintendo man.

Supradog
Sep 1, 2004

A POOOST!?!??! YEEAAAAHHHH
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nplXPfPPsrA

Just put together a video from a little climb I did in september. Me on my transalp and my brother on his 690 duke.
It was pretty late in the season for such a high road, it was snowing on top, and the temp was at +2c.
The road is an access road to a hydroplant dam that extends further into to mountain to a separate river flow gauge. One of the last days it was drivable all the way without winter tires.

There is jumplinks at the start and in the description, as the whole 53 min video may be of little interest :)

I really wish garmin added colour correction to the virb edit program. As it is now I need to first edit it and then render in virb edit to get the gps overlay, then import it to gopro edit or another program to get colour correction.
But atleast with the new virb firmware I can also pair the voicecom to the camera so I can record com chatter too.

Ola
Jul 19, 2004

Nice! I've only been up one of those dam access roads once, there's tons of dam roads to explore!

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

Before:

After

There's also a hipster video of it here.

Gorson
Aug 29, 2014

:barf:

Motsew
Dec 31, 2004

Hahaha 0:33, you can tell he absolutely poo poo himself when that bus blew his horn.

Baiku
Oct 25, 2011

Braincloud posted:

Pretty sure I just watched two people get squished by a train :gonk: (1:08:38 ish)

At 1:34:51 there isn't even a crash some guy just burns to death.

Legdiian
Jul 14, 2004

Gorson posted:

F-Zero was a launch title for the SNES :colbert:

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass
Go home Russia, you're drunk.

Minkee
Dec 20, 2004

Fat Chicks Love Me

Renaissance Robot posted:

EX250TypeR and Marxalot you all finally found your helmet for the next con.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Those could be amazing wind scoops for cooling. More likely they function as neck wrenchers.

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass
Link to article in the image, they claim it isn't noticeable below 100kph, but a) I frequently go much faster than that and b) I'm cold enough already thanks.

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

I'm as annoying as the high-pitched whine of my motorcycle, desperately compensating for the lack of substance in my life.

Minkee posted:

EX250TypeR and Marxalot you all finally found your helmet for the next con.

my fursona isnt a cheetah though

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

EX250 Type R posted:

They have other designs. Some of them are really cool.

Link to article in the image, they claim it isn't noticeable below 100kph, but a) I frequently go much faster than that and b) I'm cold enough already thanks.

Cool. I like that you picked the dorkiest one to post a picture of. Some of those are really loving cool.

Minkee
Dec 20, 2004

Fat Chicks Love Me

EX250 Type R posted:

I'm sure someone will make an aroused purple unicorn helmet for you one day.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Chichevache posted:

They have other designs. Some of them are really cool.

Cool. I like that you picked the dorkiest one to post a picture of. Some of those are really loving cool.

Absolutely all of those helmets are super embarrassing and not cool at all

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass

Chichevache posted:

How could I not :furcry:

Also

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

Absolutely all of those helmets are super embarrassing and not cool at all

I might disagree if the ears were even a little bit smaller and optionally housed things other than air vents, such as cameras or radio equipment.

But they're not, and they don't.

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass
Also drat, those models' backs look hosed up, like drawn by Rob Liefeld hosed up. The only way my back could bend that far is in the process of racking up a sixty thousand dollar hospital bill.

Tactical Lesbian
Mar 31, 2012

Lol, I'd take one for novelty. Would I ever use it? Hahah... maybe.

Looks right up Marxalot's alley though, confirmed.

Marxalot
Dec 24, 2008

Appropriator of
Dan Crenshaw's Eyepatch

Tactical Lesbian posted:

Lol, I'd take one for novelty. Would I ever use it? Hahah... maybe.

Looks right up Marxalot's alley though, confirmed.

Nope.jpeg

Didn't you buy some anime headphones with ears on them at some point?

Tactical Lesbian
Mar 31, 2012

Marxalot posted:

Nope.jpeg

Didn't you buy some anime headphones with ears on them at some point?

Nope, you're just assuming that because of the actual catears I had a few years ago.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DefaultPeanut
Nov 4, 2006
What's not to like?
Cool poo poo, OEM titanium cracked rods.