Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Al Cowens
Aug 11, 2004

by WE B Bourgeois
https://www.instagram.com/p/BAbbIYhpdFy/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Duderino
Mar 28, 2003

If you're not into that whole brevity thing..
drat you fine as gently caress AL Cowens

Morzhovyye
Mar 2, 2013

i want to start picking things up (and afterwards, put them down) but i'm pretty sure my collarbone is dislocated. it's connected to the shoulder side and at the chest it kinda pokes out. i can move it in/out by rotating my shoulder, doesn't hurt at all though. i have no clue how or when this happened, it's been years since I noticed it. got an xray like three years ago, and they said they'd mail me the results if they found anything wrong but i've gotten nothing.

am i going to kill myself if i touch a weight? help me

e: looks like this

Al Cowens
Aug 11, 2004

by WE B Bourgeois
It's 2016 and you aren't lifting weights with your mind? Play some more 11 dimensional non euclidean hyper chess and you'll make it. Don't give up.

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy
Just to be safe you should hit it a lot until it doesn't stick out anymore.

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
I did squat every day for the month of January and now my body has a really weird hourglass shape (I am a man.) anyone ever see that picture of that goon who had horsey hips? That's me now pretty much.my rear end is mighty and has more depth than the rest of me.

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*
I did squat every day for January but I also did press and row and deadlift, snatch, or powerclean every day. Go back in time and don't do a stupid program.

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
To be clear I did other poo poo as well I just did squats on legs chest shoulder back and arms day.

SpeedyCow
Oct 8, 2001

I luv the itty bitty Phillies!
Plz post pics for body shaming/advice

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*
Do everything every day or no one will love you.

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
I'm tempted to but I'm seriously afraid of the roasting I'll get.

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

PLEASE LET ME WRITE YOUR VICTIM IMPACT STATEMENT SO I CAN FURTHER DEMONSTRATE THE CALAMITY THAT IS OUR JUSTICE SYSTEM.

Buglord
Don't Post your pic in gbs. Only we can be the confirmation bias of your body dysmorphia.

roymorrison
Jul 26, 2005

roymorrison
Jul 26, 2005
suck my small calves dicks

this guy in my math class today just shaking the protein shaker but he was too small so he timidly shook it like a FUCKIN BITCH i bet he wouldn't post his fucken quads

roymorrison fucked around with this message at 01:50 on Feb 2, 2016

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*
Didn't you get your rear end in a top hat shot off or something which makes your small calf dicked legs more impressive?

roymorrison
Jul 26, 2005
yeah its crazy how good weightlifting has been for it too

SpeedyCow
Oct 8, 2001

Real Question: if your shins got shot off like Hank Hill's dad would that help or hurt your deadlift?

Ruzihm
Aug 11, 2010

Group up and push mid, proletariat!

SpeedyCow posted:

Real Question: if your shins got shot off like Hank Hill's dad would that help or hurt your deadlift?

help. now you know what must be done.

Buller
Nov 6, 2010
Got inflammed hips because I squatted too deep and too wide, take care out there.

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*
Do anything to reduce ROM

Buller posted:

Got inflammed hips because I squatted too deep and too wide, take care out there.

Make sure you're engaging your glues. It's usually the one weird trick for hip pain when squatting

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010

Dum Cumpster posted:

This guy knows what's up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jKsT-zG-w0k

Also helps you make weight.

Buller
Nov 6, 2010

Dum Cumpster posted:

Make sure you're engaging your glues. It's usually the one weird trick for hip pain when squatting

Probably never going to be able to squat again mate.

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy

SpeedyCow posted:

You can simulate this quite easily, just deadlift in the squat rack on the safety bar like all the assholes in my gym do.

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*

Buller posted:

Probably never going to be able to squat again mate.

:rip:

HGH then.

SpeedyCow
Oct 8, 2001

notZaar posted:

You can simulate this quite easily, just deadlift in the squat rack on the safety bar like all the assholes in my gym do.

But that's just a rack pull and you can still use your knees. What if your feet are at your knees?

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe

Buller posted:

Balrogs gonna come out yo rear end

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
never go full squat

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy

SpeedyCow posted:

But that's just a rack pull and you can still use your knees. What if your feet are at your knees?

So don't move your knees. I don't see the porblem here.

SpeedyCow
Oct 8, 2001

Your knees move backwards when deadlifting. Would not having shins make it easier? You don't have to lift as far but you also lose knee extension in the movement

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
Literally the fattest guy I've ever seen in the gym showed up today. It is hard for me to guestimate his weight because I've never studied a human that big, but my best guess is 400 pounds. He was trying to use the machines and he would pour himself into them, where he would stay for about 5 minutes doing 5 sets of 7 reps of low weight. He couldn't get in the curling machine at all... he sort of stood behind it, rested his gut on the seat, and was reaching his arms across the pad to the bar. I would have taken pics... but I am not that mean, yet. I'm working on it.

But I really think one of the trainers should have taken him aside and told him that strength training was not where he needed to start.

Paper Diamonds
Sep 2, 2011

GORDON posted:

Literally the fattest guy I've ever seen in the gym showed up today. It is hard for me to guestimate his weight because I've never studied a human that big, but my best guess is 400 pounds. He was trying to use the machines and he would pour himself into them, where he would stay for about 5 minutes doing 5 sets of 7 reps of low weight. He couldn't get in the curling machine at all... he sort of stood behind it, rested his gut on the seat, and was reaching his arms across the pad to the bar. I would have taken pics... but I am not that mean, yet. I'm working on it.

But I really think one of the trainers should have taken him aside and told him that strength training was not where he needed to start.
At least he's doing something, plus many weight machines are low/no impact on joints. He could have easily been at home avoiding your judgments. Instead he went to the gym. Good for him and gently caress you. Belittling others who are trying to better themselves only makes you look like a jerk.

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Paper Diamonds posted:

At least he's doing something, plus many weight machines are low/no impact on joints. He could have easily been at home avoiding your judgments. Instead he went to the gym. Good for him and gently caress you. Belittling others who are trying to better themselves only makes you look like a jerk.

Better sound the lunk alarm, I'm making judgement up in here.

The dude needs to change his diet, first thing, and lose about 50 easy pounds. All he's going to do in the gym right now is give himself a heart attack, wheezing like he was.

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*

GORDON posted:

The dude needs to change his diet, first thing, and lose about 50 easy pounds. All he's going to do in the gym right now is give himself a heart attack, wheezing like he was.

Post your sad physique.

Gaz2k21
Sep 1, 2006

MEGALA---WHO??!!??

GORDON posted:

The dude needs to change his diet, first thing, and lose about 50 easy pounds.

How do you know he hasn't? How do you know he wasn't 500 pounds a few months ago?

At least he's off his rear end and doing something...

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy
This is GBS not the good feels club. I bet you guys barely laughed at 9/11.

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
Ok, I take it back, he is a svelte 400 and strength training is exactly what he should be doing. I have been corrected and if he is still there in a month I will apologize for thinking thoughts about him.

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*
Laughing at pathetic goons feels better than randos. I can't see some fat guy's post history

Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001
May as well start lifting while you're fat as hell, there's no reason you can't work on your diet at the same time, plus your lifts will go up like twice as fast as you get stronger and have less fat to heft around

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

PLEASE LET ME WRITE YOUR VICTIM IMPACT STATEMENT SO I CAN FURTHER DEMONSTRATE THE CALAMITY THAT IS OUR JUSTICE SYSTEM.

Buglord
He only got fat to get sick calves.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DoubleT2172
Sep 24, 2007

Aralan posted:

May as well start lifting while you're fat as hell, there's no reason you can't work on your diet at the same time, plus your lifts will go up like twice as fast as you get stronger and have less fat to heft around

This is the correct answer

• Locked thread