Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
which sister is best
This poll is closed.
sakura 11 6.96%
hinoka 21 13.29%
camilla 42 26.58%
elise 15 9.49%
im gay (in a nonironic sense) 69 43.67%
Total: 158 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Erg
Oct 31, 2010

Terper posted:

My hair is now short and I've met some 2nd graders and their teacher who I will be working with starting next week as part of my teaching education

Does anyone have any good ideas on lesson plans involving the body, it's their first time talking about it so I will be going over body parts and functions and the senses and all that jazz for the next five or so weeks

bet them they can't lick their own elbow

teach them the "them bones" song

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

I want some of the LLxPPG crossover goods, but not enough to justify the shipping.

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

Terper posted:

My hair is now short and I've met some 2nd graders and their teacher who I will be working with starting next week as part of my teaching education

Does anyone have any good ideas on lesson plans involving the body, it's their first time talking about it so I will be going over body parts and functions and the senses and all that jazz for the next five or so weeks

Organs or the whole body?

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

no wait what you want is the "dem bones" song but edited to remove religious references

"them bones" is a song by alice in chains, and knowing nothing besides their name i can tell you that version will not be kid friendly

Sorry Corals
Jan 2, 2010

thats a good song and great for kids

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Everything Burrito posted:

Show them some Slim Goodbody videos

Erg posted:

bet them they can't lick their own elbow

teach them the "them bones" song

We talked about me being in charge of some English lessons, I could check them out and see, thanks for the suggestion

Jarogue posted:

Organs or the whole body?
Heads, arms, stomach, eyes, brains, ears, hands, fingers, nails, hair, feet, reflexes, sight, smell, so on and so forth

Erg posted:

no wait what you want is the "dem bones" song but edited to remove religious references

"them bones" is a song by alice in chains, and knowing nothing besides their name i can tell you that version will not be kid friendly

noted

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

Sorry Corals posted:

thats a good song and great for kids

alternatively, play Rooster while doing the rooster hands. er, turkey hands. same diff

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

And also how to be healthy, exercising and good food and all that

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Erg posted:

Use this version

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X4aa-nn3IxI

Sorry Corals
Jan 2, 2010

put the kids in a box and bury them in poo poo

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

Erg posted:

Just show them the last episode of The Prisoner.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

weird manga in terms of mecha

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
Show them El Corazon
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qlglqkfYqJc

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

Davincie posted:

weird manga in terms of mecha

this looks cool

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Terper posted:

show 'em pictures of cruz and huckabee and be like "this is what happens if you don't eat your greens

look at them"

I am not responsible if that makes them cry

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

the mc is becoming a badly singing tree

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Naruto update: should have just made it the Shikamaru and Rock Lee show.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

lol at the eyes on the girl

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

Harlock posted:

so you're on the rescue arc then?

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

Harlock posted:

Seriously, Rock Lee's Springtime of Youth. Give it a watch.

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

Terper posted:

Heads, arms, stomach, eyes, brains, ears, hands, fingers, nails, hair, feet, reflexes, sight, smell, so on and so forth

Could talk about the five senses , how they relate to that body part, and how its use to for warnings, daily task and enjoyment. Like how touch of allows you to feel warmth from holding a cat and pain when a cat bites and scratches your arm. A small exercise about how important it is to have 5 fingers buy tying their fingers together and getting them to do normal daily task like writing and turning a door knob. The Brain and backbone forming a network to allow you body to function both consciously and unconsciously. That all I can think of right now.

Jostiband
May 7, 2007

Jostiband
May 7, 2007

Only two more days until more ERASED! IM so Exited guys! :woop:

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Banned for crotch bulge

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

the sound effects for the tree thing are so big they are also on the page before this, its a cool effect

Jostiband
May 7, 2007

I will die a noble death in veneration of the bodhisattva richard spacious

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Manga adaptation of Hellboy 2?

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

other way around, this is 4 years older :P

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Davincie posted:

how is it? i wanna know

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Davincie posted:

DelToro :argh:

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

Terper posted:

Bring in some food box and teach them how to read the nutrition labels. play outside at least 1 hour a day like basketball or going to a playground. food pyramid and myplate how its different for each person and gender. Why each food group is important to the body, food poisoning by over eating things like mercury poisoning from sea fish. And that not all fat is bad like unsaturated fat from plants/plant oils and omega 3 fatty acid from salmon.

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

Harlock posted:

rock lee and shino

rock lee and bug guy's big adventure

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

Sharkopath posted:

how is it? i wanna know

seems cool enough, its throwing like a dozen factions and plot points out there though so idk how its gonna resolve all this. im always a fan of humanity loving with things they shouldn't have and being punished for it plotlines though

earth is taking back.... the earth

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
I read a little of that one but wasn't able to stay interested.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

this, but with the mrgw face

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

my minor worry about the digimon game is not finding enough good/powerful mons that i actually like how they look

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

dogsicle posted:

my minor worry about the digimon game is not finding enough good/powerful mons that i actually like how they look

I think there's like 500 total, so you've probably got like 60 or so options at the end of the evolution line? Idk what the actual name for that is, I only remember up to mega level

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Teach them about me, namtab

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Erg posted:

I think there's like 500 total, so you've probably got like 60 or so options at the end of the evolution line? Idk what the actual name for that is, I only remember up to mega level
mega is the end

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

Namtab posted:

Teach them about me, namtab

they were supposed to learn about the human body though?

• Locked thread