Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax

AlternateAccount posted:

Hey, turdburglar, some of us might have gone to GMG's site and seen the key, and there it's smushed right together, thanks for playing.

no it's not?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

emTme3
Nov 7, 2012

by Hand Knit

emTme3 fucked around with this message at 02:33 on Mar 31, 2022

Sininu
Jan 8, 2014

AlternateAccount posted:

Hey, turdburglar, some of us might have gone to GMG's site and seen the key, and there it's smushed right together, thanks for playing.

They are formatted exactly the same in both email and site.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich

botany posted:

no it's not?

Yes it is. The display can squash a CD key into multiple lines; I've had it happen with previous games.

Meta-Mollusk
May 2, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Grimey Drawer
Preloading! :toot:

1 day and 5 hours to unlock, so it seems I'm not going to sleep on Thursday night.
:negative:

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

Deuce posted:

Got my GMG key, pre-loading now.

GMG sends you two keys, in the wrong order it seems. The top key is DLC, steam kicks back an error "hey you need to activate the original game first"
Second key activated XCOM 2 and the warrior pack. First key seems redundant. :shrug:

Get hype.

Same here. Hopefully everything worked out okay, it seems to be in my library. Now all that's left is to wait.

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

WARNING! INTRUDERS DETECTED

And this is how the aliens won, by dividing us, pitting us against each other.

AlternateAccount
Apr 25, 2005
FYGM
poo poo. I *am* a doof. They are on separate lines. Curses.

[img-imretarded?quantumleap.gif]

fspades
Jun 3, 2013

by R. Guyovich
I'm about to pre-load but would this game benefit considerably from installing it on a SSD do you think?

Hats Wouldnt Fly
Feb 9, 2010

Redfont is my hero.

fspades posted:

I'm about to pre-load but would this game benefit considerably from installing it on a SSD do you think?

With the way the maps build themselves from parts, probably.

snuff
Jul 16, 2003

fspades posted:

Yes, I'm sure the mission loading would go a lot faster.

Jst0rm
Sep 16, 2012
Grimey Drawer
I got a gmg code for 27% off the DD edition. What is the XCOM 2 Reinforcement Pack? This seems to be the only thing that comes in the DD edition aside from music.

Karasu Tengu
Feb 16, 2011

Humble Tengu Newspaper Reporter
It's the season pass.

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

Jst0rm posted:

I got a gmg code for 27% off the DD edition. What is the XCOM 2 Reinforcement Pack? This seems to be the only thing that comes in the DD edition aside from music.

It's the season pass for 3 DLC iirc.

Deuce
Jun 18, 2004
Mile High Club

Jst0rm posted:

Season Pass with a stupider name.

LuiCypher
Apr 24, 2010

Today I'm... amped up!

Interesting way they decided to handle the first game.

(Potential) spoilers below, as it's an inference of mine based on an early autopsy cutscene.

Looks like the first game is actually just a simulation that the aliens hooked you up to after they captured you. You, and everybody else's playthroughs of the game basically form the broad strategic and tactical decisions that the aliens made getting the world to the point where it is now.

It would be really cool to see remnants of EXALT make an appearance and aid XCOM somehow. Their stated agenda was to benefit from alien technology, not collaborate with them so they might have been equally hosed when the aliens rolled in and cleaned house. Then again, if what I said above is true, then maybe they're just programmed into the simulation to see how you would react to and deal with an insurgency?

iGestalt
Mar 4, 2013

They made a cool little graph for unlock times.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

Ramadu posted:

:lol: Did you guys really come to post here before trying both keys in the email? Jesus christ lmao

BUT IT DINT WORK :saddowns:

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

iGestalt posted:

Venezuela has already been taken over :(

(I was actually just reading about how messed up that country is right now, it's kind of sobering to see blacked-out countries on a video game release map)

Calipark
Feb 1, 2008

That's cool.

iGestalt posted:

Rev up your VPS folks.

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh
I've never felt compelled to do VPN fuckery so badly. What service do y'all recommend?

emTme3
Nov 7, 2012

by Hand Knit

emTme3 fucked around with this message at 02:33 on Mar 31, 2022

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.
and the internet collapsed under the weight of a million nerds googling "AUSTRALIA VPN"

dyzzy posted:

I've never felt compelled to do VPN fuckery so badly. What service do y'all recommend?

https://www.reddit.com/r/fo4/comments/3s0ztf/step_by_step_vpn_tutorial_how_to_unlock_fallout_4/

Jst0rm
Sep 16, 2012
Grimey Drawer
So 3 dlc seems worth it unless its skins or something like that. Have they talked about what these 3 dlc will be?

LordNat
May 16, 2009

iGestalt posted:

Welp looks like I am not sleeping before work on Friday.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

The Kins posted:

There's now a countdown timer to the unlock in your region on the Steam store page.

It's a staggered release. Australia gets it at 5am on the 5th... so in 24 hours.

Sounds like my original VPN plan to be Australian for five seconds will work, noice mate

Robhol
Oct 9, 2012

Jst0rm posted:

So 3 dlc seems worth it unless its skins or something like that. Have they talked about what these 3 dlc will be?

From Steam:

ANARCHY’S CHILDREN is a rebellion themed DLC featuring more dramatic soldier customizations. (To be released in Spring 2016)
ALIEN HUNTERS introduces new soldier customizations and gameplay themed around XCOM as an elite alien hunting unit. Face off against “Ruler” aliens with new, more powerful weapons and armor. Experience a new dramatic mission & confrontation. (To be released in Summer 2016)
SHEN’S LAST GIFT introduces a new soldier class with unique upgradeable weapons, armor and customization features, and a new narrative-driven mission and map. (To be released in Summer 2016)

TASTE THE PAIN!!
May 18, 2004

JonTerp posted:

Rev up your VPS folks.

drat you're right. That's what, 1 EST for the first zone?

VPN for Fallout was a pain in the rear end, every free solution was getting hammered. And some guy in the thread called us drug addicts for trying to unlock the game early :thumbsup:

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

splifyphus posted:

There's an official built in steam controller config with three layers - geoscape, base building, and tactical. loving awesome.

This makes me really happy

emTme3
Nov 7, 2012

by Hand Knit

emTme3 fucked around with this message at 02:34 on Mar 31, 2022

Calipark
Feb 1, 2008

That's cool.

splifyphus posted:

If I can start playing at 6 pm tomorrow night I WILL NOT SLEEP!!!!

That's 12pm CST. Not 6pm.

a cow
May 6, 2007

friendship is magic
in a pony paradise
don't you judge me

Jst0rm posted:

From steam:

Bolster your ranks with three themed DLC packs available together for an amazing discounted value*. Each themed content pack will add unique new twists to the core game experience:

*ANARCHY’S CHILDREN is a rebellion themed DLC featuring more dramatic soldier customizations. (To be released in Spring 2016)
*ALIEN HUNTERS introduces new soldier customizations and gameplay themed around XCOM as an elite alien hunting unit. Face off against “Ruler” aliens with new, more powerful weapons and armor. Experience a new dramatic mission & confrontation. (To be released in Summer 2016)
*SHEN’S LAST GIFT introduces a new soldier class with unique upgradeable weapons, armor and customization features, and a new narrative-driven mission and map. (To be released in Summer 2016)

So one new class, one mission thing with (possibly above the power curve) material rewards and one customisation dealio.

e: beatenn

LibbyM
Dec 7, 2011

Edit: I'm late.

Jst0rm
Sep 16, 2012
Grimey Drawer
cool thanks guys. looks like 55 bucks for the dd edition isnt so bad. I've got 1.5 weeks off coming in 2 weeks so yesssssssssssss.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

TASTE THE PAIN!! posted:

drat you're right. That's what, 1 EST for the first zone?

VPN for Fallout was a pain in the rear end, every free solution was getting hammered. And some guy in the thread called us drug addicts for trying to unlock the game early :thumbsup:

That is kind of surprising, unless people were trying to download it over the network you should only need to be connected long enough to get the game running

kater
Nov 16, 2010

It's hard to understand what would be special about the DLC with such a supposedly robust modding kit, but I bought it anyway because I have no control.

LibbyM
Dec 7, 2011

It's normal for the game to not be showing up in my library even though I just added the GMG key, right?

emTme3
Nov 7, 2012

by Hand Knit

emTme3 fucked around with this message at 02:34 on Mar 31, 2022

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
doesn't steam ban for VPN poo poo now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

WARNING! INTRUDERS DETECTED

Pomp posted:

doesn't steam ban for VPN poo poo now

Maybe if you're buying games for roubles.