Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
semiavrage
Apr 28, 2007

I'll show them... I'll show ALL of them...
Wingsuit question. I got really good at using the Wingsuit by reeling in, cancelling with the O button, reeling in again, etc.

Except I just unlocked air breaking, and now hitting O slows me down. I can't seem to use the wingsuit as well as I did before. Tips?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mr. nobody
Sep 25, 2004

Net contents 12 fluid oz.

semiavrage posted:

Wingsuit question. I got really good at using the Wingsuit by reeling in, cancelling with the O button, reeling in again, etc.

Except I just unlocked air breaking, and now hitting O slows me down. I can't seem to use the wingsuit as well as I did before. Tips?

Wingsuit brake and cancel seem to be tied together, unfortunately.

The problem remedies itself as soon as you get the "re-reel" ability, so beeline for that if you can.

TheDarkFlame
May 4, 2013

You tell me I didn't build that?

I'll have you know I worked my fingers to the bone to get where I am today.
Uh, can't you turn this stuff off in the Gear menu?

semiavrage
Apr 28, 2007

I'll show them... I'll show ALL of them...

TheDarkFlame posted:

Uh, can't you turn this stuff off in the Gear menu?

You can, but I feel like the break is pretty useful.

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

Nose Manual + Super Sonic Spin Attack
I had the same issue. I just stoped using the Brake mod until I had unlocked the Wingsuit reel-in speed boost. Then you won't need to cancel out of the reel anymore, and the Brake button becomes useful again.

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

No, seriously... what kurds?!
Gotta love when the enemy jets have mission invulnerability. On the west base in Maestrale, they keep outrunning the SAMs I hacked. gently caress that poo poo.

Ralith
Jan 12, 2011

I see a ship in the harbor
I can and shall obey
But if it wasn't for your misfortune
I'd be a heavenly person today
Mission invulnerability? Jets are just straight up faster than SAMs. It's a bit silly from a realism perspective, yes, but it affects you and AI jets equally, so you can't really complain.

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

Ralith posted:

Mission invulnerability? Jets are just straight up faster than SAMs. It's a bit silly from a realism perspective, yes, but it affects you and AI jets equally, so you can't really complain.

not that AI jets are anything other than decoration. other than maybe some mission specific instances, it doesn't seem like AI enemy jets ever engage with the player

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
Did I seriously play a mission that involved driving a clunky slow-rear end trailer loaded with physics-prone barrels on incredibly bumpy road some 1.5 kilometers? What the gently caress, game.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

Calaveron posted:

Did I seriously play a mission that involved driving a clunky slow-rear end trailer loaded with physics-prone barrels on incredibly bumpy road some 1.5 kilometers? What the gently caress, game.

Not if you drive it onto the big plane and drive that son of a bitch out into the lz

awesmoe
Nov 30, 2005

Pillbug
wasn't that the moorio mission? what kind of a monster didn't like the moorio mission?

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf
A 1 gig patch dropped today, apparently it was purely performance stuff.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I wish it was an air cannon.

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

Calaveron posted:

Yeah what the gently caress. If only you had some kind of device to tie the barrels to the trailer so they couldnt fall out.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

AirRaid posted:

Yeah what the gently caress. If only you had some kind of device to tie the barrels to the trailer so they couldnt fall out.

I tried that. Ended up dragging half of them there (still counted)

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

I just finished up the game a couple days ago (short of some collectibles/map stuff) and it was a real blast. I was a little worried because Just Cause 2 seemed like a game I should love and yet I got bored after playing 10-15 mintues of, but 3 ended up being incredibly fun to play for hours on end.

The storyline was always barebones but I thought it started really well (and stylishly with that Firestarter cover/character intro graphics) and then just kind of petered out, the ending very much felt like an anti-climax and that a bunch of potential subplots/character arcs just kind of got abandoned/dropped halfway through development.

nexus6
Sep 2, 2011

If only you could see what I've seen with your eyes
I didn't give two shits about the story but I love the sandbox new game+ that's lets you reset outposts - just wish I didn't have to fast travel to them so I could reset a bunch all at once.

Also the Di Ravello tapes where he convinces the former President that he's going insane are great.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

nexus6 posted:

I didn't give two shits about the story but I love the sandbox new game+ that's lets you reset outposts - just wish I didn't have to fast travel to them so I could reset a bunch all at once.

Also the Di Ravello tapes where he convinces the former President that he's going insane are great.

Yeah I've been collecting those and his rise to power is a lot of fun to listen to.

It is a shame that after an initial strong start as a character, Di Ravello (and most other characters) kind of just stop appearing until a rather uninspired ending. Though at least you can choose to just shoot him in the middle of a big speech.

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

I still didn't got that far in the story but I think I've played about all of this game that I'm going to play. I feel like I played JC2 forever even after beating the main story but this one got old fast. Too bad, I was really excited for it before it came out.

I think it could be redeemed a bit if they added a screenshot feature like the one in Mad Max or especially the ability to make a video clip out of the last 30 seconds of gameplay or something like that. but I am guessing that any future DLC (if any come at all) will just be one off gimmick weapons.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

Jerusalem posted:

Yeah I've been collecting those and his rise to power is a lot of fun to listen to.

It is a shame that after an initial strong start as a character, Di Ravello (and most other characters) kind of just stop appearing until a rather uninspired ending. Though at least you can choose to just shoot him in the middle of a big speech.

He really should have been far more active in cutscenes. They wasted such a fun villain.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Mokinokaro posted:

He really should have been far more active in cutscenes. They wasted such a fun villain.

It bugged me that there was no reaction from him after you liberate the city he named after himself.

That said, I did dig the radio broadcasts that came after every liberation, alternating between the mostly boring rebel radio and the rather hilarious forced propaganda pieces with the hostage host. "We recently discovered evidence that proved the innocence of every single prisoner at our big maximum security prison, so we let them all go and blew up the prison!"

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Like a hollow-point bullet
Straight to the head
I never missed...you

Jerusalem posted:

That said, I did dig the radio broadcasts that came after every liberation, alternating between the mostly boring rebel radio and the rather hilarious forced propaganda pieces with the hostage host. "We recently discovered evidence that proved the innocence of every single prisoner at our big maximum security prison, so we let them all go and blew up the prison!"
That was none other than David Tennant, by the way.

I kind of wonder if he's secretly playing himself, as the only allusion to his character's identity is that he's a foreign celebrity who was kidnapped by the regime. :haw:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

MMAgCh posted:

That was none other than David Tennant, by the way.

I kind of wonder if he's secretly playing himself, as the only allusion to his character's identity is that he's a foreign celebrity who was kidnapped by the regime. :haw:

Haha, I actually thought at points it sounded like him (doing his English accent) but I never thought it might actually be him, that's cool. I actually thought there might even be a mission to free him later in the game since he specifically mentions where they've got him locked away.

void_serfer
Jan 13, 2012

It was kinda surreal for me to hear him in-game, because I was watching Jessica Jones around the time this game came out.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Joe Gillian posted:

It was kinda surreal for me to hear him in-game, because I was watching Jessica Jones around the time this game came out.

Leave him in that hole in the ground forever! :argh:

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Blowing up railroad bridges is loving hilarious. After about ten minutes I had at least 6-7 train cars scattered around the roads below me.

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf
PARTLY blowing up railroad bridges, so they dip and tilt, is even better, each train screws the structure up a little more.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Every so often I'll be flying through the countryside and off to the side I'll spot a derailed train flipping down some road. I don't know what caused it, but I'm happy it did.

Also I was flying over a city the other day and I got the call to help rescue an arrested rebel. Of course by this point in the game the rebels hold the entire nation, so before I could even drop to the roadside rebels came flying out of the woodwork and killed the poo poo out of the paltry force of soldiers and I got an "Encounter complete!" message.

robotsinmyhead
Nov 29, 2005

Dude, they oughta call you Piledriver!

Clever Betty
Tardy to the party here, but this game is pretty fun.

Motorcycles, however, are not fun. I'm not sure how they made riding a motorcycle such a painful experience, but by god they did it.

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

Protip you are only actually required to ride a motorcycle like once the entire game and that's only if you want 100%.

Morzhovyye
Mar 2, 2013

It doesn't make them suck any less though.

robotsinmyhead
Nov 29, 2005

Clever Betty
Yeah, I was referring specifically to that race mission with the bike. I like motorcycles though, and I wanted them to be fun and fast and ramp poo poo; my dreams are dead.

rocket_Magnet
Apr 5, 2005

:unsmith:
They really badly mauled car and motorcycle handling this time round to really push the wingsuit and grapple/chute methods of getting around. I wished they hadn't because while the handling for both types of vehicle in just cause 2 wasn't amazing you could at least get used to it and have some fun zooming around an island dodging traffic at the last second. Now? You're lucky to survive more than a minute at full speed, especially riding the motorcycles.

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

Jerusalem posted:

Every so often I'll be flying through the countryside and off to the side I'll spot a derailed train flipping down some road. I don't know what caused it, but I'm happy it did.

I take out bridges to embrace my inner Gomez Adams:
http://i.imgur.com/jyucx4E.webm

robotsinmyhead
Nov 29, 2005

Clever Betty

rocket_Magnet posted:

They really badly mauled car and motorcycle handling this time round to really push the wingsuit and grapple/chute methods of getting around. I wished they hadn't because while the handling for both types of vehicle in just cause 2 wasn't amazing you could at least get used to it and have some fun zooming around an island dodging traffic at the last second. Now? You're lucky to survive more than a minute at full speed, especially riding the motorcycles.

I set about gathering up all the collectibles the other day. Normally, I'd mix it up with helicopters and cars, but I decided to get gud at wingsuiting, and it's actually pretty amazing.

I kinda of avoided it through most of the game because of the helicopters. The other thing I've noticed is that a lot of the cars behave entirely differently from each other - not just in terms of performance, but some of them feel like they were modeled on entirely different physics setups.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Bill NYSE posted:

It's so beautiful :swoon:

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Bill NYSE posted:

Yeah...I spent drat near 30 minutes just sitting there making bad things happen

l33t b4c0n
Aug 19, 2000

King of E/N
Is it just me or is it taking a long time for any of the Season Pass stuff to come out? There's been almost no info on any of it, aside from a brief announcement that "Sky Fortress" was "coming soon"at the beginning of January.

Also, don't laugh at me for buying a Season Pass. My wife got it for me as a gift.

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

I also recieved the Land Sea and Air pack as a gift and have been wondering when that was going to happen. I just want more Wingsuit courses :ohdear:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

frodnonnag
Aug 13, 2007

Bill NYSE posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v5JiPj9c98Y

• Locked thread