Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

I enjoy jhin

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

ZenVulgarity posted:

I enjoy jhin

Same. Jhin is a weird champion to get used to, but once it clicks he is amazingly fun. I can't make great use of his traps in the early game, but when team fights start happening if you throw a trap into an escape path or even right into the middle of the fray, you will probably catch a few people for some massive damage, and the W root is great especially from such a long range. Also nothing in the game so far has matched the satisfaction of popping people who think they've gotten away by picking them off with your ult from downtown. Last night I played against a draven who flashed but was just at the edge of the ult range and managed to pick him off with the fourth shot.

What're people building on him right now? I tend to go Essence Reaver into Rapid Firecannon, then infinity edge and Dominik's. I've considered building a BORK on him as Aspd = AD and lifesteal on him is really good later game when you hit ridiculously hard. and the active is minor but offers some movespeed at least. Dunno.

Miftan
Mar 31, 2012

Terry knows what he can do with his bloody chocolate orange...

Why the gently caress is poppy allowed to be so strong while building only defensive crap? She's outdamaging me as Renekton!

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
I don't know, I queue up with mid/jungle and it seems to be about 50%.

e: But I haven't been playing ranked.

Sexpansion fucked around with this message at 14:53 on Feb 3, 2016

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

Kashuno posted:

Same. Jhin is a weird champion to get used to, but once it clicks he is amazingly fun. I can't make great use of his traps in the early game, but when team fights start happening if you throw a trap into an escape path or even right into the middle of the fray, you will probably catch a few people for some massive damage, and the W root is great especially from such a long range. Also nothing in the game so far has matched the satisfaction of popping people who think they've gotten away by picking them off with your ult from downtown. Last night I played against a draven who flashed but was just at the edge of the ult range and managed to pick him off with the fourth shot.

What're people building on him right now? I tend to go Essence Reaver into Rapid Firecannon, then infinity edge and Dominik's. I've considered building a BORK on him as Aspd = AD and lifesteal on him is really good later game when you hit ridiculously hard. and the active is minor but offers some movespeed at least. Dunno.

I think if you play him ADC and you don't have a good all in/kill lane you will absolutely get murdered since the reload mechanic means there is a time period you do absolutely dick.

Bork is probably bad.

I would imagine armor pen, long term, would be good. Ghostblade would give him damage from the active as well.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

ZenVulgarity posted:

I think if you play him ADC and you don't have a good all in/kill lane you will absolutely get murdered since the reload mechanic means there is a time period you do absolutely dick.

Bork is probably bad.

I would imagine armor pen, long term, would be good. Ghostblade would give him damage from the active as well.

Yeah passive supports have been total poo poo when I've had them, but lux support is probably my favorite with him right now. If lux lands a snare, it can pretty easily combo with Jhin's W, then the aoe slow from lux and a jhin trap makes for easy kills. I assume people are playing him mid more than ADC because his dueling potential is garbage?

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

Miftan posted:

Why the gently caress is poppy allowed to be so strong while building only defensive crap? She's outdamaging me as Renekton!

are you making enough plays with your flash? offensive flash usage is key on keeping renekton relevant mid to late.

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT

Miftan posted:

Unless you win at like level 2 or 3 tanks will start to outscale Renekton hard in terms of raw 1v1. They will quickly stop caring about your damage especially if they have a defensive steroid (like Poppy's extra resists at low health) or decent sustain (like Nasus). At level 1 you might want to try sitting in front of the creep wave and keeping them off of it until you hit level 2, in which case they sit under their turret or die.

Basically if Poppy comes back with a glacial shroud + 3 potions you probably won't be able to push her out of lane.

Darth Windu
Mar 17, 2009

by Smythe
Also don't let poppy push you into a wall because it stuns and does extra damage. :)

Observe Me
Jan 21, 2006

I know shits bad right now with all that starving bullshit and the dust storms and we are running out of french fries and burrito coverings. But I got a solution!
Also, Poppy stopping your dash with her W does a bit of damage.

Azzents
Oct 19, 2010

"Quoting, like smoking, is a dirty habit to which I am devoted."
I really want Jhin to be good since I like his theme and his skill set, but I don't think he'll really compete with the other meta ADCs unless he gets a buff to his numbers or his reload time.

And as for Jhin mid, there are far too many mobile burst champs that would eat him up for breakfast.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I find Jhin to be really fun, but I agree. Picking him vs picking ez, luc, kali, trist, it's needlessly gimping yourself.

Coca Koala
Nov 28, 2005

ongoing nowhere
College Slice

Kashuno posted:

I find Jhin to be really fun, but I agree. Picking him vs picking ez, luc, kali, trist, it's needlessly gimping yourself.

I had a game yesterday as Sona/MF facing down a Jihn and Fiddle, and I wasn't really impressed with Jihn. As soon as we got to lane, I saw him dancing around with one bullet left in the chamber and I figured "Hell, i'll just force him to choose between wasting the crit on me and losing CS, or wasting the crit on a minion and punish him heavily while he can't auto". If he had had a better support that was more able to make their presence felt in lane, he might have done better, but it was pretty easy to starve him of CS. Plus, the longer range he's at, the easier his ability are to dodge. At one point I had around a hundred health under my turret, Jihn ulted, and it was trivial to juke all four shots. Later on, he ulted to try and kill MF, and I just body-blocked every shot that would kill her, same as you do for a cait ult.

He looks fun, but probably needs a team (or at least a lane) built around him.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Miftan posted:

Don't stand between a Pop and a hard place.

Dr. Mantis Toboggan
May 5, 2003

Sexpansion posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CzaZexfALkY

Long, but basically covers all roles and their standard rune setups for season six.

If you don't want to listen to David 'David "Phreak" Turley' Turley' talk for 38 minutes, here is a cheat sheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1IK22CAcr_MSTASGSr_IMdMqBbPfThdJgks2Yf_S9Gcg/edit#gid=1445615735

Edit: Had an older link in here.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Coca Koala posted:

I had a game yesterday as Sona/MF facing down a Jihn and Fiddle, and I wasn't really impressed with Jihn. As soon as we got to lane, I saw him dancing around with one bullet left in the chamber and I figured "Hell, i'll just force him to choose between wasting the crit on me and losing CS, or wasting the crit on a minion and punish him heavily while he can't auto". If he had had a better support that was more able to make their presence felt in lane, he might have done better, but it was pretty easy to starve him of CS. Plus, the longer range he's at, the easier his ability are to dodge. At one point I had around a hundred health under my turret, Jihn ulted, and it was trivial to juke all four shots. Later on, he ulted to try and kill MF, and I just body-blocked every shot that would kill her, same as you do for a cait ult.

He looks fun, but probably needs a team (or at least a lane) built around him.

I think what he really needs is a longer basic attack range. His Q as a cs tool is laughably bad, and trying to set up "sick bounces" is really a terrible waste of time and easily will lose you cs. I'm starting to rush rapid firecannon on him because that extra range is when he feels comfortable to play. I really wish he had the longest range in the game, or at least tied cait.

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

Dr. Mantis Toboggan posted:

If you don't want to listen to David 'David "Phreak" Turley' Turley' talk for 38 minutes, here is a cheat sheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1IK22CAcr_MSTASGSr_IMdMqBbPfThdJgks2Yf_S9Gcg/edit#gid=1445615735

Edit: Had an older link in here.

This is very helpful, thanks.

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
I was right, Rengar got bashed:

Miftan
Mar 31, 2012

Terry knows what he can do with his bloody chocolate orange...

Sexpansion posted:

Good.

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate
at last. see you in hell rengar

TastyLemonDrops
Aug 6, 2008

you said "drop kick" fyi

Azzents posted:

I really want Jhin to be good since I like his theme and his skill set, but I don't think he'll really compete with the other meta ADCs unless he gets a buff to his numbers or his reload time.

And as for Jhin mid, there are far too many mobile burst champs that would eat him up for breakfast.

Jungle him.

Elpato
Oct 14, 2009

I hate to spoil the ending, but...some stuff gets eaten, y'know?
I had the privilege of playing Kog'Maw mid the other night after shelving him for years. The little bug is so incredibly fun still being able to break the AS cap while making the best sounds in the game. I played against a TF who got tired of getting spit on ever time his gold card was down, so he left lane to try to farm champions with moderate success. Meanwhile their jungle Graves got fed as hell and walked all over my team until I got a chance to get behind my meatshields and commence the loogie-launching. No one lasted longer than three seconds in range of my autos, not even the tanky Darius.

If you happen to get that rare enemy team comp with no teleporting assassins, there are way worse ways to spend an hour of your life.

Never do this in ranked

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT

Sexpansion posted:

:byewhore:

el dingo
Mar 19, 2009

Ogres are like onions
Rango is still gonna be permaban in normals for months

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

i bet somewhere down the line someone will find some ridiculous on-hit build or something and rengar will go back to being an rear end in a top hat but for entirely different reasons. like kha'zix before he got dumpstered.

CubeTheory
Mar 26, 2010

Cube Reversal
I pretty much just spam Morgana support games anymore, and I have to say, there is some pretty good Jhin synergy there.

Asema
Oct 2, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

CubeTheory posted:

I pretty much just spam Morgana support games anymore, and I have to say, there is some pretty good Jhin synergy there.

what are you telling me a support with a cc that can be chained into his cc while also giving him protection from being a slow moving target through black shield is p. good

learn something new every day

edit; i'm only being a butt towards you because it's on his reveal page http://na.leagueoflegends.com/en/page/champion-reveal-jhin-virtuoso

with this quote

quote:

Morgana’s super strong alongside Jhin because she has plenty of reliable ways to mark his enemies. The dream is Dark Binding into Deadly Flourish, obviously, which wrecks most enemies, but even if Morgana tags her enemy with Tormented Soil, Jhin will still have opportunities to fire off his W and snare his enemy for a few moments, which in turn sets up a perfect Dark Binding opportunity.

it's all love ok??????

Chumppell
Nov 9, 2007

People think Jhin is weak?

Colour me surprised. Dude feels perfect to me both for laning and teamfights. High damage, good range, incredible engagement confirmation, but gets absolutely destroyed when leaped on with very little recourse.

Also I am a child so I enjoy seeing stats like "Largest Critical Strike: 3300."

Dr. Mantis Toboggan
May 5, 2003

"i would have been fine if nami would hit a fuckin bubble and wouldnt roam"

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
At first I went R>Q>W>E and it sucked now I do R>W>E>Q and it owns.

Gibberish
Sep 17, 2002

by R. Guyovich
Uh... No

RQEW and get good

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate
paging rabidsquid

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Gibberish posted:

Uh... No

RQEW and get good

Maybe. I am bad at league so that's very possible. His q seems never seems good to me though.

Killed By Death
Jun 29, 2013

Lovechop posted:

paging rabidsquid

I hope you suggested you try Chaos Style™

Gibberish
Sep 17, 2002

by R. Guyovich

Kashuno posted:

Maybe. I am bad at league so that's very possible. His q seems never seems good to me though.

It's his highest damage, lowest mana and best farm ability and leveling it up lowers the cooldown

W is just used to snare people and the mana cost is way too high for laning phase and the damage sucks and it only hits 1 target and can be blocked and has a 14 second cooldown that never goes down and hshdhdnxnvjiodkksjxjdjsiksjdjdjdhxh

You max it last

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Gibberish posted:

It's his highest damage, lowest mana and best farm ability and leveling it up lowers the cooldown

W is just used to snare people and the mana cost is way too high for laning phase and the damage sucks and it only hits 1 target and can be blocked and has a 14 second cooldown that never goes down and hshdhdnxnvjiodkksjxjdjsiksjdjdjdhxh

You max it last

makes sense. I was kinda just doing it blindly :shobon:

SlyFrog
May 16, 2007

What? One name? Who are you, Seal?

Zaodai posted:

Split pushing isn't even understood in silver, because nobody will fight for objectives and they spend the entire time raging at you for not grouping. It makes me sad because I enjoy playing split push champs. :saddowns:

This is bad and good.

It is bad, because no Bronze/Silver team that I have ever seen understands "Don't fight 4v5, you have a split pusher, just hold the other team up."

It is good because no Bronze/Silver team that I have ever seen ever expects someone on the other team to splitpush, so you can splitpush. You just have to splitpush faster than your own team can force a pointless 4v5 fight in the middle of nowhere important, because "must fight if I can see the other side." (Also acceptable is, "Must dick around spamming my taunt too close to the other side, and be surprised that the other side has flash and similar items that allow them to reach and kill me.")

Mottie
Mar 30, 2011
I think his kit has release Bard syndrome where its completely undertuned, but only the utility half. He has a 40% win rate on champion.gg either way.
His E can be walked through without any consequence because the radius is so small and the slow is so weak, it doesn't need to be "haha I got you" with every trap, just you know not "I can walk cleanly through without taking damage because I can dodge the W and still walk through the trap"
His Q's 4th bounce has to prioritize champions because its impossible to set up a decent bounce with the thing, it also fizzles out at complete random.
His W is pretty good but could probably start with 1.0s snare at rank 1.
And his ultimate is bugged where champions teleport and only tickles high health champions because literally all the damage is loaded into an execute which in my opinion is bad.
Also his reload needs to scale with ulti rank or level (not as since that'd defeat the purpose of not scaling with as the same way as other champs) so that he's not useless for literally 60% of a team fight.

That said when his kit works I love him, it just doesn't most of the time and he becomes a really weak snarebot

Mottie fucked around with this message at 22:20 on Feb 3, 2016

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate

Killed By Death posted:

I hope you suggested you try Chaos Style™

he said he would shot call, so every time i got a kill i was like 'wow this shot calling is insane!!! how are you doing this!?!' and he was super happy with himself about it :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
We need a shotcaller option for new team select. mid/shotcaller

• Locked thread