Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Ironing Fist gonna break 4 minutes and enter the 3 minute club just FYI.

His slot 3 is bugged to hell. Once it's fixed, he should top out at about 3:55 with the new stuff. Brooch cut off some time.

http://marvelheroes.info/build/32517/

4:05 ttk
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lEy0AUDFiWE

2 stances only.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mover
Jun 30, 2008

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

Ironing Fist gonna break 4 minutes and enter the 3 minute club just FYI.

His slot 3 is bugged to hell. Once it's fixed, he should top out at about 3:55 with the new stuff. Brooch cut off some time.

http://marvelheroes.info/build/32517/

4:05 ttk
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lEy0AUDFiWE

2 stances only.

Footsigons? That's a throwback.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

No kidding. Pretty easy build too

Shame his AoE sucks mega balls.

jubelio
Dec 10, 2003
if you can balance a tac-hammer on your head, you can head off your opponent with a balanced attack
hey sunny do we have a ranged DP ttk yet?

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
When's cosmic week so I can finish my 10th toon for the Stupid Idiot Junior Title Award and then stop playing again.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

jubelio posted:

hey sunny do we have a ranged DP ttk yet?

4:41 compared to 4:30. No build posted sadly.

Edit: I believe both of these can be improved too. Melee currently has the lead.

Kainser
Apr 27, 2010

O'er the sea from the north
there sails a ship
With the people of Hel
at the helm stands Loki
After the wolf
do wild men follow
I'm deeply ashamed of my power cosmic title, it just shows that I wasn't man enough to go for the full 42.

I like that we have 2 goons in the top 6 of the leveling leaderboards. Cosmic Today!

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

FranktheBank posted:

I stopped playing nude dude after the teleport "fix" nerf.

oh no his range is very slightly lower :q:

PureRok
Mar 27, 2010

Good as new.
Where's this great item that I can buy? The Brooch, was it?

Mover
Jun 30, 2008

PureRok posted:

Where's this great item that I can buy? The Brooch, was it?

The protect the door event in lower asgard. Vendor at the end, you might have to refresh for it to show up.

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

u deserve diploma for sublime comedy expertise

Mover posted:

The protect the door event in lower asgard. Vendor at the end, you might have to refresh for it to show up.

Door is in the north west corner. Happens all the time and sometimes it'll already be complete so he'll be standing around.

FranktheBank
May 14, 2007
In the beginning...the universe was created. his has been widely regarded as a bad move and has made a lot of people very angry.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

oh no his range is very slightly lower :q:

Look. Its the difference between a lot of terminal walls, Juggernaut's portal, etc.

200-300 spirit for the same distance teleport is stupid.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Yeah well...

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

No kidding. Pretty easy build too

Shame his AoE sucks mega balls.

AOE is good, please stop spreading false information.

Iron Fist has good, no strike that great AOE options. Fact.

But the issue is that by choosing Grandmaster, you choose to not do AOE damage. Everyone who has leveled Iron Fist knows that he has both Crane and Serpent stance. Both stances make him an AOE monster. Between Good fortune thunder kick and Black-Black Poison Touch he has more than enough AOE to do what he wants to do.

The problem is that some are playing Grandmaster, or 5 stance, and want to complain on general that Iron Fist is weak in AOE. I do not understand the need. He does tons of damage in every one of his various forms, whether its single stance, dual stance, or 5 stance. The thing is that, effectively people want to have their cake and eat it too.

By choosing to go 5 stance, you are making a choice to do more single target, and less AOE damage. I seriously do not understand why every character needs to do the max amount of damage. I guess I am old school, and under stand that if one makes a choice, they may have to live with it. In old school RPGs, one had to decide where One's stats went, and those had serious repercussions. Repercussions that could not be changed, short of resetting the game.

Choices were important. In this case One chooses between Aoe (Single), Balanced (Dual), and Single (Grandmaster) target. I guess the point of this rant is, "Please stop crying in General, that Iron Fist seriously needs more AOE." Make the choice, how you want to play, and play it like a Boss. Deal with the repercussions, and weaknesses that may happen from your choice.

jubelio
Dec 10, 2003
if you can balance a tac-hammer on your head, you can head off your opponent with a balanced attack
If it wasn't SV I would say that's an O post

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Ok I guess I'll go step into the abyss that is the Fist forums. That's just too rich.

Lux Aeterna
Feb 19, 2005

FranktheBank posted:

Asros wants to eventually have an "aoe loot". If multiple crafting elements drop, and you click one, it will pick up all the other crafting elements. MH2017 is gonna be hype.

i'm reading this and it's so goddamn gaz it outgazzes itself. he's describing the exact same process that exists when you hit the item vac key except now it's more confusing since you click the mouse and everything around you disappears without context.

Victis
Mar 26, 2008

Lux Aeterna posted:

i'm reading this and it's so goddamn gaz it outgazzes itself. he's describing the exact same process that exists when you hit the item vac key except now it's more confusing since you click the mouse and everything around you disappears without context.

It's just what D3 does now with gems and poo poo

Vitreous Rumor
Oct 21, 2004

That's exactly what happens in Diablo 3 and it's not confusing at all. You even get a little swooshy effect that shows all of the materials zipping to your character. Has Asros engineered a one-click looting solution that takes more than one click?

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

It's what Diablo 3 does actually. Makes sense.

Edit: drat beaten

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
Q is vacuum molecules. W is vacuum rings. E is vacuum items with an item level divisible by 3. R is reverse vacuum that spits out the last 5 items you vacuumed but if you do it first thing on entering a zone it bricks your pc. T actually vacuums up other player's loot and deletes it so no one gets any, but expect this to be fixed 'soon'.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

jubelio posted:

extremely rude

Grinning Goblin
Oct 11, 2004

Uhhh...why not just make a little checkbox that says "auto pickup crafting materials" right under the auto pickup medkits option and let it just do exactly that?

cl_gibcount 9999
Aug 15, 2002

checkbox guy had to take over switchflipper's duties after he was let go

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

jubelio posted:

haha

FranktheBank posted:

Look. Its the difference between a lot of terminal walls, Juggernaut's portal, etc.

200-300 spirit for the same distance teleport is stupid.

"spirit" that regens super fast

also your teleport does damage so you gotta pay

:qq:

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK fucked around with this message at 22:04 on Feb 3, 2016

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text

to get this to drop you need to ask which wave drops it then have that xmen wave be next.

AzraelNewtype
Nov 9, 2004

「ブレストバーン!!」

Soothing Vapors posted:

AOE is good, please stop spreading false information.

Iron Fist has good, no strike that great AOE options. Fact.

But the issue is that by choosing Grandmaster, you choose to not do AOE damage. Everyone who has leveled Iron Fist knows that he has both Crane and Serpent stance. Both stances make him an AOE monster. Between Good fortune thunder kick and Black-Black Poison Touch he has more than enough AOE to do what he wants to do.

The problem is that some are playing Grandmaster, or 5 stance, and want to complain on general that Iron Fist is weak in AOE. I do not understand the need. He does tons of damage in every one of his various forms, whether its single stance, dual stance, or 5 stance. The thing is that, effectively people want to have their cake and eat it too.

By choosing to go 5 stance, you are making a choice to do more single target, and less AOE damage. I seriously do not understand why every character needs to do the max amount of damage. I guess I am old school, and under stand that if one makes a choice, they may have to live with it. In old school RPGs, one had to decide where One's stats went, and those had serious repercussions. Repercussions that could not be changed, short of resetting the game.

Choices were important. In this case One chooses between Aoe (Single), Balanced (Dual), and Single (Grandmaster) target. I guess the point of this rant is, "Please stop crying in General, that Iron Fist seriously needs more AOE." Make the choice, how you want to play, and play it like a Boss. Deal with the repercussions, and weaknesses that may happen from your choice.

I'm still baffled by how even the grossest apologist could possibly think this, despite the weeks in the interim. "Great AOE" is sure possible with melee heroes, but IF ain't one. This guy occasionally moves the goalposts to suggest that of course his AoE isn't that good, he's a single target monster and not everyone needs to be the same (in this game 95% about clearing trash) but has never come around to the truth that he's just totally wrong.

I guess he has a whitelist position in his future.

It hurts to look at these words again please make it stop.

jubelio
Dec 10, 2003

AzraelNewtype posted:

I guess he has a whitelist position in his future.

Not yet, has to be able to think that 18 < 15, yes this is an amthua joke, yes it's still relevant.

RosaParksOfDip
May 11, 2009
So is that Rogue doing dumb huge numbers a bug thing that's going to change? Should I bother gearing her out for the hell of it while it's available?

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

RosaParksOfDip posted:

So is that Rogue doing dumb huge numbers a bug thing that's going to change? Should I bother gearing her out for the hell of it while it's available?

its a bug and will be fixed

Grinning Goblin
Oct 11, 2004

RosaParksOfDip posted:

Don't really bother gearing her out unless you already like her. Even with no gear she will be doing insane amounts of damage. You can one shot the Triumvirate in Limbo and pubbies will be confused.

cl_gibcount 9999
Aug 15, 2002

yeah it's a bug and yeah it will be patched out

when??

my guess is tomorrow, but then again I also thought they were going to patch it out in saturday's hotfix, then I thought for sure it would be hotfixed out first thing monday, finally once they saw some pub posts (and had trouble reproducing it :lol:) I thought it would be done by today

so I'm 0/3

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text

RosaParksOfDip posted:

Should I bother gearing her out for the hell of it while it's available?

You just use her uniques and lots of health stuff. Try to get close to 50 for friendly passives and impact powers.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Goon who goes by the name of Nim998 shows his dashing good looks and immaculate piano-like abilities in a ttk of a man they call Strange.

3:35 ttk
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z93g3LZnfZA

RosaParksOfDip
May 11, 2009
So what you're saying is now is the perfect time for whoever drafted her in the dumb 110 to record videos of every terminal/zone to win the stupid competition?

Also, might have to load her up and dunk on some CMM.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
Okay MrCaptainHankPym I am prepared to offer you a compromise for backing Janet into this game.

Give us Walrus Girl Yogidad

Scoss
Aug 17, 2015
After playing some Diablo this season I think I've pinpointed my biggest ongoing frustration with Marvel Heroes. Whenever I log in to play I stare at my roster for a minute deciding who seems to fun to play at the moment, switch to them, and then slowly remember that actually playing as a character is generally the worst way to progress them.

In Diablo, generally, when I decide I want to work on my Monk, I load up my Monk and start playing as him and I can be almost guaranteed some amount of steady and satisfying progress. Even if it isn't steady, playing as the actual character offers the best odds of improvement. It makes sense and feels right. In Marvel Heroes, If I want to progress a fresh 60 Iron Fist I can spend maybe an evening hunting for acceptable Uniques in Bovineheim or some patrol zone (not itself a particularly fun task, due to the laborious nature of comparing items with a dozen affixes and the sense of futility involved in trying to find a good roll), and beyond that brief period the progress realistically has halted. The only thing left to chase after is outfitting a character with rare Artifacts or Insignias or Cores or Runewords or whatever, and for all of these things, trying to actually find them while playing as the character in need of those upgrades just doesn't happen. You've probably got a hoard of those items in your stash that you slap on the second you hit level 60, short circuiting the entire game, and if not you go farm for them on a better character and not the one you actually want to play. If I see that I need a GoK for Iron Fist and I don't have a GoK, why on earth would I ever, ever, go try to actually farm Kurse with Iron Fist?

The whole system just seems completely dysfunctional to me. I'm basically poor as dirt and not particularly good at this game and even I have had experiences where I unlock a new character, get them to level 60 in maybe an hour, visited my stash and the character was basically "finished" right there except for spending a few hours sifting through uniques. All that's left is a toy that I can play around with until I get bored of it.

I don't know how Path of Exile handles this particular dynamic, I only mention Diablo because it's my most familiar point of reference. Am I way off base here? Has Gaz ever even hinted at some kind of acknowledgment of this facet of the game? I know I'm certainly not the only one who feels that they want more things to do at endgame, but all the new characters and story chapters in the world aren't going to help address this kind of design debt, so I'm just left kind of puzzled by the game's recent content additions.

Sorry for making a negative post after the thread's glorious rebirth.

ndub
Jun 9, 2007

Scoss posted:

I don't know how Path of Exile handles this particular dynamic,

you alt tab to the auction house and buy your gear with currency farmed on another character

regarding the rest of your post, it sounds like you just haven't found a character/playstyle that really resonated. i enjoy playing cable because cable is fun, not because i want upgrades for him. upgrades happened in the process of having a good time with a playstyle i enjoyed

RosaParksOfDip
May 11, 2009
Path of Exile handles it via having to pre-plan your build. You either already have the items needed to make the build work or it's mostly item agnostic and you bolt on poo poo as you go along.

I'm liking the new patrol zone for the guaranteed unique per wave. It's easy to do, has no barrier for entry other than Chapter 10 and can get you loaded with a full suite of uniques for your fresh 60. Usually that's enough to get you rolling into CMM unless you're playing a much higher effort hero. The artifact issue can definitely be a problem but that's why you target farm artifacts that work for any hero, and there are a lot of good/bis/serviceable artifacts on the various event vendors these days. For example a melee hero gets fist of apocalypse from DR, that brooch from chap 9 and the armor issues nanopoison. The fourth is usually a farmed arti but plenty of the common artis are serviceable until then.

edit: Also note, most heroes can work pretty well with common/generic artis. The BIS ones are to make you competitive beating up a dummy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Scoss posted:

After playing some Diablo this season I think I've pinpointed my biggest ongoing frustration with Marvel Heroes. Whenever I log in to play I stare at my roster for a minute deciding who seems to fun to play at the moment, switch to them, and then slowly remember that actually playing as a character is generally the worst way to progress them.

In Diablo, generally, when I decide I want to work on my Monk, I load up my Monk and start playing as him and I can be almost guaranteed some amount of steady and satisfying progress. Even if it isn't steady, playing as the actual character offers the best odds of improvement. It makes sense and feels right. In Marvel Heroes, If I want to progress a fresh 60 Iron Fist I can spend maybe an evening hunting for acceptable Uniques in Bovineheim or some patrol zone (not itself a particularly fun task, due to the laborious nature of comparing items with a dozen affixes and the sense of futility involved in trying to find a good roll), and beyond that brief period the progress realistically has halted. The only thing left to chase after is outfitting a character with rare Artifacts or Insignias or Cores or Runewords or whatever, and for all of these things, trying to actually find them while playing as the character in need of those upgrades just doesn't happen. You've probably got a hoard of those items in your stash that you slap on the second you hit level 60, short circuiting the entire game, and if not you go farm for them on a better character and not the one you actually want to play. If I see that I need a GoK for Iron Fist and I don't have a GoK, why on earth would I ever, ever, go try to actually farm Kurse with Iron Fist?

The whole system just seems completely dysfunctional to me. I'm basically poor as dirt and not particularly good at this game and even I have had experiences where I unlock a new character, get them to level 60 in maybe an hour, visited my stash and the character was basically "finished" right there except for spending a few hours sifting through uniques. All that's left is a toy that I can play around with until I get bored of it.

I don't know how Path of Exile handles this particular dynamic, I only mention Diablo because it's my most familiar point of reference. Am I way off base here? Has Gaz ever even hinted at some kind of acknowledgment of this facet of the game? I know I'm certainly not the only one who feels that they want more things to do at endgame, but all the new characters and story chapters in the world aren't going to help address this kind of design debt, so I'm just left kind of puzzled by the game's recent content additions.

Sorry for making a negative post after the thread's glorious rebirth.

yes hello and welcome to ARPGs. it is all about loot. sometimes fun.

or you could play diablo for like a week and have BIS everything then never play it again. same difference

• Locked thread